Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/27/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I previously wrote a review of this palette giving it only 4 stars, and I'm upgrading it to 5 stars.

I'm a fickle person when it comes to my makeup-- I like to change it up and I get tired of products quickly. However, the Naked Palette is one that I have come back to after owning it for awhile and I like it just as much or more than I did the first day I bought it.

First, the chocolate brown velvet packaging with gold letters is lovely, especially for autumn. The magnetic closure and simple design with a mirror inside makes it easy to use.

Second, the quality is great. All pigmented, smooth, and blendable. The most high quality shadows I've used, better than Nars, MAC, Chanel and Dior.

And third, the colors are all wearable, neutral, and pretty.

Virgin is a great highlight color- very natural.
Sin is perfect for the lid. A very useful color.
Naked is nice for filling in my brows. That's the only thing I use it for because it's matte.
Sidecar is an awesome beige, but I hate the chunky glitter. Why make the most versatile color in the palette have annoying fallout? Ugh.
Buck is a matte brown and it is the color I use least often.
Half Baked is my favorite color. Nice for fall, a unique bronzy gold.
Smog looks good as a crease color.
Darkhorse is a unique color, a brown with a bit of olive. Nice for lining the eyes.
Toasted makes a good lid color with Hustle in the crease for a Plum look.
Creep is a navy black. I don't use it very often.
Gunmetal is a shimmery charcoal. Good for lining the eyes.

So many possibilities all within one palette. The only things I'd like to see added are a peach shimmer and a light gold. It's pretty foolproof and all of the colors go together so it doesn't take too much thought.

on 11/27/2010 5:46:00 AM

This palette is absolutely amazing! I love it so much I wish I had bought a back up as it is sold out in ever store that stocked it. It's great to have so many neutral colours in one palette that can create some gorgeous looks. The value of it is superb given the amount of product you get..at 27 I am on the lookout for another.

on 11/27/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this palette! I have had it for a while and can see it lasting me for a long time. I know some reviewers have said that the palette has too much shimmer, but I don't think that is the case. I think the fact that the palette has shadows with shimmer makes it more versatile for day and night. The quality of the shadows is amazing, extremely blendable and buildable. I would recommend this palette in a heartbeat.

on 11/26/2010 3:22:00 PM

I went through hell to get this palette and I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately I find it too shimmery for a daily makeup routine.
Most of the colours are very glittery and I get tones of fallout.
They are very nice for parties and going out, but for school/work make-up it's a bit too much. And the palette is much smaller than I expected :(
On the positive side, the shadows are very creamy and apply/blend smoothly.

on 11/26/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love all the colors in this palette, sidecar has glitter so it's my least favorite, I love the color but not the glitter...
I still have to work out how to avoid glitter all over my face when I use it !
This palette is really excellent, only thing missing in my opinion is a dark matte brown color, otherwise what a great palette ! You have to get one !

on 11/25/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I FINALLY found this palette to be available at my local Ulta, they just had a small shipment of these and I randomly just went in to buy a lip brush but came out with THIS!! I was overly excited & shock to see this in store, the day BEFORE thanksgiving, and was so thankful to get my hands on this palette as I noticed the store was gearing up for black friday's chaos. Anyway, they had like 4 in stock so I got lucky. I've been waiting for this palette since it came out and it's been sold out since summer. I even had my name on 2 waiting lists (sephora & the urban decay website but no word for nearly a month now); anyway, if you like shimmery, glittery, festive eyeshadows with fun colors and also nudes, this palette is it. Urban decay is known for glittery chunks in their shadows but that is what makes it so fun to play with! You're getting 12 shadows (1 = 17ish dollars) for the price of $44 give a dollar or two for taxes. This is a steal!!! This palette is great for everyday wear and of course night time wear when you're out and about celebrating or having a good night out. The palette itself is sleek and I just love the packaging. I like that it comes with its popular liners, double ended for that matter & their famous primer potion in a mini sized bottle. Better mini size item than what they use to have! This is great for traveling also! Overall, I simply adore this and it's great buttery pigmentation! Total LOVE!

on 11/24/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was really looking forward to loving this palette, and while I do love the range of colors- the quality of the eyeshadows do not compare to my MAC eyeshadows. I absolutely LOVE MAC bc their products blend nicely and last forever..but when I used these eyeshadows, my eyelids get shiny and you can't tell what I did to my eyes except that they are a little darker and It is NOT flattering. It was not worth $50 and the colors are most definitely dupe-able. Mines up for swap

on 11/24/2010 5:05:00 PM

I finally got this a couple weeks ago and I have used it pretty much every day since then. I love all the shades and have created so many gorgeous looks with this palette. I love the 24-7 eyeliner in zero and I will definitely buy a full size when I get through with the trial size.
I thought there was a slight chance that the Naked Palette was overrated, but it lives up to all the hype. It was worth the wait for me.

on 11/24/2010 12:21:00 AM

Almost perfect. Gorgeous pigmented shadows, nice packaging, has the primer and dual pencil liners... I just wish it had more matte shadows!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I could put this on in the dark. Seriously. But knowing me, it'll likely be in the back of a cab or on the subway 'cos I've got that NYC always in a rush thing going on.

I give this high marks because it mixes quality with convenience in a pretty array of colors that go with anything. Sure, it's neutral. Sure, it's not the most exciting. But I don't feel like looking like Siouxsie Sioux most days. Nor do I want to look like I'm wearing makeup when I do wear it, every time I do.

UD eyeshadows are typically not my bag due to glitter fall out and/or their obnoxious coloring. I love brights, but I like them sharp and strong and clean, not dilluted with glitter or filler. They have really earned their stripes with this palette, finally showing that they can do neutrals with style AND quality. This palette is impressive mostly in the fact that it's really all you *need* for eyes in one place, in my opinion. Naked palette's name is misleading because one can easily achieve a smoldering smokey eye with this as well as a no-makeup lid look.

Every shadow is blendable and wearable. The only shade I don't like is Half Baked because it borders on glittery and is a bit too warm for my taste. However, I am grateful that the Naked palette offers both warm and cool options. The pencil, my favorite formula and double sided to boot, makes things that much more convenient.

Buck eyeshadow is a perfect natural brow filler or eyeliner. Naked is the perfect runway-nude lid color in one step. Dark Horse makes the most amazing dirty-girl a la Gia Carangi softly smoldering eye I've ever achieved with a single color. Creep is excellent for a more intense smolder. All the other shades are pretty much mix-and-match touch and go, I don't feel any strong way towards them except grateful to have them on hand.

I am picky, picky, fussy, fussy. I'm a makeup artist and the overload of product I use and have on hand renders me makeupless most days. I just can't be bothered, or I'm tired of seeing color on models I've been putting it on. I love brights and when I *can* be bothered, it's mostly utilizing an avant-garde lip or eye. But generally speaking, I prefer neutrals. I feel silly and old(I'm in my early mid-twenties, so this is particularly ridiculous) wearing these colors most of the time. Hence why I almost never wear makeup. It's a vicious circle. Sure, many companies make neutrals, but they're seldom in the texture or finish I want and/or need, and/or it's a pain in the rear to have them all in one place all the time or carry them easily.

Needless to say, I love this product and shall not be without it on "makeup days" if at all preventable.

Popular Palettes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products