April 16, 2014 | 1834 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Karibear819

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this palatte! this is my first UD purchase & i'm very happy! the colors are great, very smooth, blendable. i use this everyday, i dont really need any other eyeshadows. this is my go to palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by luvthered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to pile on the love for this palette. I usually wait and debate any MU purchase over $20, but when I saw this in a Sephora e-mail I pulled the trigger with no hesitation and am so happy that I did. I have used this almost exclusively for the past month, for both day and night, and it hasn't failed me yet. Every look has been really pretty and very easy to accomplish. It's almost mistake-proof provided you use decent brushes and know basic application techniques. I will say that by "neutral," I believe UD is referring to the undertones of the colors (neither too cool nor too warm), rather than the colors themselves as some of the shades are clearly "color" and not in the ivory/beige/champagne/brown range most of us associate with the term "neutral."

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ToxicMegacolon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Speaking as a lover of all cheapie MU brands (NYX), i balked at spending $44 on an eyeshadow palette. Please...a palette? Usually that means there's about 2-4 colors i could actually use, and then the rest a collection of odd colors that I can't use...

This palette drew me in initially because of the usability of all the colors...great neutrals, some shimmery, some matte, all wearable on most people. Also, the shadows are full-sized, and eyeliners that are great basics as well.

THENNNNN...i found out NYX made a small palette (Nude on Nudes) that was very VERY similar...for $11. I jumped for joy, thinking that I've just saved myself $30+.

However, when I actually tried the Naked palette...i was shocked. The pigment in the shadows are SO dense. I barely dip my brush in any of them, and the color pay off is fantastic. As much as I love NYX, and what quality they bring for the price, certain colors can be chalky and hard to blend, hard to layer. Not so with Naked...each color is soft, blendable, buildable and true.

So I forked out the $44. And I love it.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shell69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Ulta after not being able to find it in stock at Sephora and was so excited when I got it. The colors are very pigmented and pretty BUT they were a bit too light, too similar and too frosty for me as a whole. I wished there'd been more mattes in this set. My favorite was Gunmetal, Creep and Hustle. I thought Creep was close to Black tied in color in the pan but so much more pigmented :D. However having said that I couldnt warrant keeping the palette for those few colors so I sold it.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jilly8805

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. Given the reviews I went out and bought it ... and promptly returned it. TOO shimmery even with minimal use of color. Looked like my eyes were glowing.

26 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an absolutely amazing product and it is worth the hype in every way. I live in Hong Kong where we are deprived of UD :( So I got a friend to send it over from London. It cost her 27 pounds (HK$320) and it is absolutely worth it in terms of price.

It comes with 12 neutral colours, including nudes, golds, browns, greys, pinks, silvery shades and purples. I think you can have a look at the photo and get a good idea of the colours. There are also a number of reviews online. It comes with a double ended eyeliner and a baby UDPP.

The packaging of this is lovely. It's a nice and sleek palette with a velvet brown lid and the word NAKED written in gold lettering. Inside there is a little compartment for the eyeliner and of course the 12 beautiful shadows.

The one thing I HAVE TO commend UD on is the quality of these shadows. I kid you not - they are AMAZING. Normally I swipe my finger across an eyeshadow several times to get a good swatch. With this, one swipe is literally all you need. Even if you do ONE TAP you'll get a pigmented color. Basically, the pigmentation is AWESOME. Also, the shadows are so soft and buttery. I just need to tap my brush in the shadows once or twice and it goes a long way.

I feel like there are more useful reviews out there for more detail but all I want to say is - If you're thinking about getting this palette, stop thinking and buy it. I don't think you can find better value anywhere else. I LOVVEEEE this and will probably use it every day :) Thank you, Urban Decay for an amazing product at a great price and PLEAASEEEE come to Hong Kong!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cherrystarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently lost all my makeup to a car break in... and this has kept me sane for the past few weeks! Gorgeous neutrals that can be worn lightly for daytime or layered and smoked out for night time. Very smooth and blendable texture. Love!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by grayeyes043

Okay product...something that can use for a smokey day look, school or work events.
Love the fact that it's shimmer and not a lot of sparkly clumps in collection.
Eyeshadow blend well with each other, good pigmentation....good color range.
Not a big fan of the matte eyeshadow but that is just my preference....I don't like matte shadows that much.
Personally, I think this palette is over-hyped...not the 2nd coming to christ but the price is great and a good starter palette for those just getting into makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by cupcakemila

I wasn't planning on buying this palette but as soon as I saw it I had to get it. Although it is very expensive, the shadows are full size, they are so smooth and velvety and there are so many color combinations!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do think this palette is excellent value for all the shadows you get, but I feel I must echo the few people who have pointed out that it's not universal. I have very fair skin and to be honest the only shadows in the palette that are work-appropriate neutrals on me are Sin, Virgin and Naked. The fact that Naked shows up as a mid-brown on me speaks volumes about the ideal skintone for this product. The shades are all pretty warm too, which isn't ideal for cooler skintones. There are some shades in the palette that I really like, but I am a neutral girl at heart and on me these are all quite dramatic.

Having said that, these shadows are a beautiful texture. I find some MAC shadows too hard in texture and some Stila shadows too soft, but these Urban Decay shadows strike the perfect balance and blend perfectly. I haven't found any of them to be too glittery. And, again, it is amazing value. If you have warm-toned skin, this is a must-have for you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No