July 31, 2014 | 1939 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by daftglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OHMIGOD — it is amazing.

Outside:
The outside is a soft, smooth velvety chocolate brown color, with the classy looking, simple lettering that reads NAKED across the front (and did you notice the adorable packaging came with a mini UDPP!?).

Inside:
The inside of the palette is mouth-watering…
There are 12 — count them, TWELVE — beautiful colors in this palette… not to mention two different eyeliners (the award-winning, super blendable, smooth, 24/7 double ended eyeliner) in this thing.

Colors:
Here’s a breakdown of what I would personally describe each color as… (from left to right).

Virgin-
A nearly-white nude, shimmery without any “glitter” particles, with a satiny finish. Perfect for highlighting just under the brows. Slight powdery consistency

Sin-
Like the Sin primer potion. A shimmery beige flecked with champagne/gold particles.

*Naked-
my fave. THE perfect neutral.

Sidecar-
Beige (with almost a pinkish undertone) sparkly color. Glitter particles are small but numbered, so there is a definite sparkle.

Buck-
Matte, mid-tone brown. Amazing crease-color with the perfect matte consistency without being chalky. Very pigmented.

Half Baked-
A medium golden-bronze shimmery shade. A bit powdery, but perfect to pack on shimmer.

Smog-
A tan-brown shimmer with golden shimmery particles that lighten it up.

Darkhorse-
Bronze-y, dark, taupe-y, shimmery dark shade. Really nice smudge-color for liner.

Toasted-
A taupe-y bronze with almost a pale plum undertone. Shimmery.

Hustle-
A chocolate-y, mocha-y brown that pulls a little bit plum when applied to skin. Has extremely fine particles of slight shimmer, but probably one of the prettiest colors in life.

Creep-
An off-black shimmery shadow...it's metallic with dark gray/silvery flecks.

Gunmetal-
Dark gray with almost a steel-blue effect. Metallic. Awesome steely color.

Zero (24/7 liner)-
Really smooth liner in black, amazing for the waterline, even more amazing in how it glides across the lid.

Whiskey (24/7 liner)-
Really smooth liner in warm brown. Super blend-able, really nice for blending in any of the brown shades in the palette.

+mini UDPP-
A small version of the big one, good for travel or carrying in your makeup kit if you do your eye makeup on the go.

...Basically, I’ve never been so impressed with something. The price for this palette is $44 USD… It’s easily worth well over $150.

And not just for the quantity and actual price-worthiness you’re getting — individual Urban Decay shadows and eyeliners go for $17 - $20 each (12 eyeshadows + 2 liners, albeit smaller liners + a mini urban decay primer potion is well over $200 worth of stuff) — but for the quality of everything. The packaging is beautiful. The quality of the colors and the coordination of them is amazing… This palette is awesome.

So yes it's a little pricey... but it is SO worth it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LittleAussie

I really don't get the hype around the naked palette. I mean the range of colors is great, you could just have this palette in your collection and you'll be fine for autumn/winter but...i've been trying the colors for two weeks now and i can truly say (used both ud pp and tf si) that these colors do not last!!!and once applied on the lids the payoff is different from what you get simply swatching them with fingers..I'm really dissapointed. I've never bought the ud eyeshadows because i thought they were not as good as mac ones and more expensive..i thought the naked p would have been different..well i was wrong...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

Hands down, the BEST PALETTE EVER! My eye makeup looks great every time I use this palette. I don't really like some of the shimmery shadows because sometimes I end up with a glittery face but besides that I love this palette. I love all the colors - great for everyday and night out looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by babyax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing palette. I'm so glad I was able to get one, seeing as it was impossible for people to track down and get once it was released online and in stores. I use it every single day, you can come up with tons of different looks for day and for night. You just can't go wrong with this palette and I'd definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! My favorite palette! You get 12 eyeshadows, 1 eyeliner with two colors and a mini primer potion, great price for 44 dollars! :) The colors are true to color, they stay on all day (with primer of course), blend very well, and can be combined in so many ways. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put myself on the notification list for this and was lucky enough to get one. I am so happy with this palette! The neutrals are great to round out my BOS 3 and Alice palettes' bright shades. Love the texture, pigment, and blendability of UD shadows! The mini primer and pencils are great additions for travel. I am yellow, medium toned, and all of these shades work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great palette from Urban Decay! I absolutely love it! The colors are neutrals, but they aren't boring at all - they're all so pretty and are NOT GLITTERBOMBS. I was so lucky to find it at my local Macy's. The packaging is slim, portable making it travel friendly and that is always a plus. If you're not a huge fan of Urban Decay's bright eyeshadows, or even tend to stick to neutrals for the most part, this palette will offer you everything you'll ever need. You could make simple neutral eyelooks to darker smokey looks with this palette. I didn't think I would need this palette and I thought it was overhyped, but seeing it in person and knowing that it is almost entirely sold out everywhere, will make you think twice. It comes with tiny primer potion and two eyeliners - a black and a dark brown - all really nice additions. I know this palette will last me a very long time, but I will definately repurchase again if I have the chance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is an awesome palette. The colors are vibrant. I already had a few of the colors, but now that they are in the same palette it makes life easier. This palette is for all skintones and for anyone who loves neutrals. Only 2 of the shades are glittery.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by CaitlynJordan

Others have said it, but I will say it again. I LOVE this product. My makeup budget is far from unlimited, and this was a great deal. I use every time I wear makeup. I have had this for months and am still finding new ways to use it. I like to use sin UDPP under the colors, or add a pop of color from the ammo pallet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by jarhandastewart

I wasn't sure about this palette until I tried it on in the store. Usually nude/naked colors don't last very long and they don't have that "wow" factor, but this set from Urban Decay proves that to be very wrong. The colors look nice for somebody who is fair up to the darkest of skin tones, you can't go wrong there is something here for everyone! Best wishes, jarhanda stewart