October 25, 2014 | 1529 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear this in number 110. I would have bought the lighter shade, but it is so pink, it looked very Pepto Bismol to me. I am fairly oily (on a 1-10 scale, 10 being so oily you could cook food on your face type oily, I am about a 7.5. I still use blotting sheets in the winter). If you are that level of oily, NOTHING, I mean NOTHING will keep from separating to some extent on your face (I find that powder foundations are the WORST for that). I normally wear the Face and Body, and love it. I am prone to acne, and cystic ones at that. But because I use awesome skincare, my skin is positively nearly perfect as is. Like they say, you can not turn a turd into a chocolate sundae. To get a great makeup application, you need to have some semblance of good skin first. Makeup can only do so much. Proper skin health always takes precendance. Anyway. I wore this the other day and two different people told me "your skin looks amazing". It really did look perfect. I would buy this and recommend this to others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this foundation at all. I am a LM oil-free foundation user and decided to try a new foundation. The SA at Sephora recommended this foundation in shade 118 (I am NC25/ sunny beige for reference) and had wonderful things to say about it.
I tried it for a week and noticed it did not cover well, the shade looked funny on me at the end of the day and it broke me out after about 5 days of use. Not horrible big pimples but little irritating ones that changed the texture of my skin. I really wanted this one to work out aftre reading all the promising reviews but I had to return it. Everything about this foundation was negative for me. If they gave it to me for free I still wouldnt use it.
I did like the bottle design though. But thats about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I've finally found my hg liquid foundation.. I've tried so many and I have not been able to find the one for so long now. I usually wear mineral foundation, but I need liquid foundation for those days when I need maximum coverage. I just finished using up my BB oil free foundation, which I was okay with, and decided to give this one a try. I've only asked for a sample because I have a tendency to break out with a lot of liquid foundations so I needed to test it out first before I committed. It's been almost a week now and I'm sooo completely satisfied with it =) The first thing I noticed when I first used it was the texture - so amazingly light !! This is awesome for my oily skin. I just took a small dab onto my foundation brush and it covered almost half my face.. so a little bit goes a long way. The coverage is medium with just the one layer and its buildable for full coverage. I found a good colour match but then I just recently got really tanned over the last couple of days so I'm gonna have to end up purchasing a darker shade. My once NC25-30 skin was a good match with MUFE 140. I think I'm gonna switch to 153 or 155 now cause of my tan. Best of all.. no breakouts =D (but it is still a bit early to tell really but if I do breakout from foundation, it'd be the next day). The SA told me that she hasn't heard from others who have broken out from this so it should be good.Ask for a sample first to give it a try! I am totally in loveee and I think it is well worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I first tried this foundation months ago and ended up returning it. At first, I loved it. It felt so light on my skin but I still got all of the coverage I needed. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a well enough colormatch and I felt it made me look pale. I didn't actually notice how bad the colormatch was until I saw myself in my school's bathroom. On top of that, I started to notice clogged pores all over my face. I tried to ignore the negatives and pretended that it was still working but after a week I decided to return.

So why did I buy again?
After lurking on the boards and reading that you needed a cleansing oil to remove the foundation I decided that maybe I should try again with a different colormatch
Once again I had to match myself because the MA's at sephora were too into their very important conversation to help me. I tried 177 and it seemed to blend into my skin. After trying it out for 2 weeks I think i'm in love all over again.

Pros:
It provides just the coverage I need, I don't need to spot conceal like I do with other foundations
Unlike the the many foundations I've tried before, it doesn't sink into my pores; it actually hides them.
I love the finish it gives me, it's glowing but it doesn't make me look greasy
It feels like I have nothing on

Cons:
Pricey, but compared to the money I've wasted on other foundations it's worth it
It takes a lot to remove

To sum things up, I love it and I would totally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is an excellent, though pricey, foundation. The finish is very natural, and I get good coverage without ever breaking out. I give it a 4 only because it's a bit pricey and I don't think I'd cry if I took it out of my favourite foundation line-up. That's partly my own fault, since the shade I have is about just half a shade deeper than my natural colour. I don't get demarcation or anything however, and this foundation blends like a dream. If you have especially oily skin then MUFE's Mat Velvet + Mattifying foundation might be a better choice. I have shade 120, but I think 118 would be more suitable for me. I'm a No. 30 in Mat Velvet + and about an NC25 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by leilaabb90

it was hard to match my desi skin, but thank god they were able to. the makeup looks flawless and compeltly natural. most of the time my friends cant even tell if i have makeup on at all! it feels super good on the skin. basically i love this is stuff. the poweder is pretty good. i have crazy oily skin so i have to do touch outs. both products make you looks soo good. and a little goes a long way. i like to apply it with a mac 187 or 188. the 188 gets into all the smaller areas like under eye and around the nose. if your a foundation junkie def try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had an easy time finding a match tone-wise, 117 although not pale enough, so it is a bit sad that there are not matches for very fair girls... I do wear a good UVA/UVB ss but its inevitable that I am going to warm up a bit in the summer, but this still hasn't been perfect. As for the the feel of the foundation; wonderful! Does not feel heavy and the coverage LASTS! This lasted me about 8 hours once (longest I typically wear foundation anyway, but I'm sure it would have lasted longer). I have very dry skin, and it did not add moisture, but it did not make my skin dry out. The finish is very nice, quite matte on me actually. Very happy with this and it's really too bad if this didn't work out for you because it is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by infinity39

very nice, after searching for the right foundation for a month! estee lauder, clinique, lancome, mac, kryolan etc. i found that this one is the most natural, least heavy, and covers really well, considering you use the make up forever tube concealer, and powder, amazing, really gives you that hollywood glow, and perfect for anyone who has acne or scars...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by SchalaZeal

For reals though, this foundation made me believe in liquid foundation again!! :o)

Joking (and hyperbolic statements) aside, I wear foundation much more often as a result of using this product. When wearing it, it feels very much like I have nothing on and does not present problems even in hot and humid conditions. I use a Mac 109 brush to apply it to my face (after placing a few pumps on the back of my hand, to use as a palette). Goes on like a dream! :o) It actually stand up quite well to rub-off (blowing your nose only to find you're holding a brown tissue is NOT attractive, trust me). On my face the formula is neither drying nor oil-inducing...it's hard to describe, but it really does feel quite natural and undetectable on the face. As for the finish...well, I'd say perhaps it's satiny.

I'm very glad there are so many shades available, as I was able (after a couple of false starts) to find my perfect shade with just the right undertone. If my memory serves me correctly, this was about $40. I will definitely be buying this again, and would recommend it, as it's worth getting despite the wild price.

For reference, I use shade 175 and and have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry everywhere else). I have very minor differences in tone across my cheek area, dark areas just under my eyes. No acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tracymarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It pretty much melts right into your skin. The particles are so fine, it's flawless! Love, love, looove the formula.
The ONLY down to this product is the packaging. It comes in a press down, squirt kinda bottle (which isn't bad if you can screw off the top) but you can't. So when you get to the last of the product you have to break open the bottle it is in. (I wish it came like MAC's Select foundation, where you can buy the squirt part speratly and then when you get to the nitty gritty at the end when you product is almost finished you can open it up) I do like to squirt factor, it keeps the product clean but I wish you could open it up some how with out breaking it.
I paid about $45.00 for the foundation, WELL worth the money!!