Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

I loveeeeee this foundation. I usually wear revlon colorstay and liked it, but once i tried this i was hooked. The texture is so creamy and light, and covers amazingly. I love the bottle, the pump is so easy to use. Only negatives are that it's very expensive (still worth it though, it lasts a long time) and the staying power is adequete. But still, I love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation!!!!! I recently bought it. It has a light texture but it covers amazingly!!!! That's why you only need a little amount!!! I use it on special occasions since it's very expensive (36 euros) and i want to keep it for a long time. I believe the only disadvantage is its price. It's silicone based so it doesn't clog pores. It's colour is rich and looks so natural even if it covers soooooo well!!!!! Most foundations look cakey if the coverage is good and others look natural if their coverage is poor but this foundation combines both! Coverage and natural looking which is hard to find!!!! I will definitely purchase this product again!!!!!

I am forever searching for a great foundation that will tone down the pink undertones in my cheeks without looking cakey. This stuff does the trick! I love the pump dispenser which is super sanitary and easy to keep clean. It is a little pricey but you do get a nice big bottle and I expect this will last awhile. I was using this with muf primer underneath but found this made my skin feel oily (though typically it is very dry) so I stopped using the primer and this foundation works a treat. You don't need a lot to get great coverage and it is invisible! Also, it lasts all day which is fabulous as I can never be bothered to do touch ups in the afternoon. This finish on this is more matte than I like (I normally go for something that gives me that dewy look) but over all this is a great product and I would definitely repurchase.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used 3 bottles of this. I started using it when it first came out. My skin is not bad, and I rarely use it full face. I used it as a concealer. However, if I go out for the night, I apply it as a foundation and love the way it looks. It is very light in texture and covers relatively well. It is very natural looking and does not make me look mask like. My freckles still show through, and it just gives me that polished look. I am not sure whether it is all the silicone products that I use lately, it flakes at the end of the day if I use my vit C serum and sunscreen underneath. But if I just use SPF, it looks amazing. I strongly recommend that you at least get a sample and give it a try. I am not disappointed.

Ok let me start out by saying my face is raw from all of the colormatching I've done this weekend. I am black but mixed with French and I have true olive undertones I've come to find out after all that testing. I also have combo skin with a very shiny t zone. This makeup in 173 is the only and I mean only product that matched my complexion perfectly. I don't look like Casper or an oompa loompa. With primer and HD powder it last 12 hrs straight with no touchups. HG for sure.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Ok everyone I have to comment on this foundation. It is not that special....not worth 40 bucks. It is good but not great...medium coverage a little shine to it. I have tried a lot of foundations. I want you girls to go to a local Merle Norman yes I said Merle Noman and try the the Luxiva Aqua Balance Foundation. It is semi matte oil free and photo finish...it give great coverage if you stipple it on with mac 187 brush.

This product covers very well, looks great for pictures and on camera. I am so happy with this foundation.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use the foundation in 177 and it looks great when I first put it on. Up close and from far, but as the day goes by like 4 to 5 hrs later, my face looks greasy and oily and I have combination skin, its usually dry in the morning and gets oily as the day goes by...so I don't know if this foundation is for me. I'm debating on trying it for a little while longer or just returning it all together. It is is pretty expensive, but so far its ok for it being my first high end foundation purchase. Maybe I need to apply it differently. I'll come back with an update.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received this as a sample at Sephora the other day. I'd read good things about it and was excited to try it.

I got it in shade: 117 Marble (for light skin with yellow undertones) which was a good match as I am a MAC NC 20, Stila 20 Watts, and Bobbi Brown Warm Sand.

The coverage was good but after a while I realized my skin was chalky and dry looking though I used moisturizer and primer as I always do.

I won't be buying it because it costs $40 which is more than Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, Stila Illuminating Foundation, and MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation. I feel they all have a better finish on me and cost less.

Ok, this foundation is the same as Lancome Teint Idole. Overall, I like this foundation alright, and I liked Teint Idole alright enough. I think the Lancome is a little cheaper though (so of course I recommend the Lancome instead). $40 is just a bit too much to pay for foundation, it would have to be something spectacular for me to continue to buy at that price. And, since it's not spectacular and just ok, I won't be buying it again. Too bad so sad!