Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 10/14/2009 1:11:00 PM

I am forever searching for a great foundation that will tone down the pink undertones in my cheeks without looking cakey. This stuff does the trick! I love the pump dispenser which is super sanitary and easy to keep clean. It is a little pricey but you do get a nice big bottle and I expect this will last awhile. I was using this with muf primer underneath but found this made my skin feel oily (though typically it is very dry) so I stopped using the primer and this foundation works a treat. You don't need a lot to get great coverage and it is invisible! Also, it lasts all day which is fabulous as I can never be bothered to do touch ups in the afternoon. This finish on this is more matte than I like (I normally go for something that gives me that dewy look) but over all this is a great product and I would definitely repurchase.

on 10/14/2009 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used 3 bottles of this. I started using it when it first came out. My skin is not bad, and I rarely use it full face. I used it as a concealer. However, if I go out for the night, I apply it as a foundation and love the way it looks. It is very light in texture and covers relatively well. It is very natural looking and does not make me look mask like. My freckles still show through, and it just gives me that polished look. I am not sure whether it is all the silicone products that I use lately, it flakes at the end of the day if I use my vit C serum and sunscreen underneath. But if I just use SPF, it looks amazing. I strongly recommend that you at least get a sample and give it a try. I am not disappointed.

on 10/13/2009 11:37:00 PM

Ok let me start out by saying my face is raw from all of the colormatching I've done this weekend. I am black but mixed with French and I have true olive undertones I've come to find out after all that testing. I also have combo skin with a very shiny t zone. This makeup in 173 is the only and I mean only product that matched my complexion perfectly. I don't look like Casper or an oompa loompa. With primer and HD powder it last 12 hrs straight with no touchups. HG for sure.

on 10/13/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Ok everyone I have to comment on this foundation. It is not that special....not worth 40 bucks. It is good but not great...medium coverage a little shine to it. I have tried a lot of foundations. I want you girls to go to a local Merle Norman yes I said Merle Noman and try the the Luxiva Aqua Balance Foundation. It is semi matte oil free and photo finish...it give great coverage if you stipple it on with mac 187 brush.

on 10/12/2009 8:20:00 PM

This product covers very well, looks great for pictures and on camera. I am so happy with this foundation.

on 10/12/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use the foundation in 177 and it looks great when I first put it on. Up close and from far, but as the day goes by like 4 to 5 hrs later, my face looks greasy and oily and I have combination skin, its usually dry in the morning and gets oily as the day goes by...so I don't know if this foundation is for me. I'm debating on trying it for a little while longer or just returning it all together. It is is pretty expensive, but so far its ok for it being my first high end foundation purchase. Maybe I need to apply it differently. I'll come back with an update.

on 10/10/2009 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received this as a sample at Sephora the other day. I'd read good things about it and was excited to try it.

I got it in shade: 117 Marble (for light skin with yellow undertones) which was a good match as I am a MAC NC 20, Stila 20 Watts, and Bobbi Brown Warm Sand.

The coverage was good but after a while I realized my skin was chalky and dry looking though I used moisturizer and primer as I always do.

I won't be buying it because it costs $40 which is more than Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, Stila Illuminating Foundation, and MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation. I feel they all have a better finish on me and cost less.

on 10/10/2009 5:33:00 PM

Ok, this foundation is the same as Lancome Teint Idole. Overall, I like this foundation alright, and I liked Teint Idole alright enough. I think the Lancome is a little cheaper though (so of course I recommend the Lancome instead). $40 is just a bit too much to pay for foundation, it would have to be something spectacular for me to continue to buy at that price. And, since it's not spectacular and just ok, I won't be buying it again. Too bad so sad!

on 10/8/2009 8:34:00 PM

I got a sample of this at Sephora and I am really disappointed. This product DID NOT BLEND very well. I had a flaky finish so I hated it. Luckily, I also had gotten a Dior Nude sample and loved it and went back to purchase it.

I'm not sure if my sample was bad (cause I had heard good things about this foundation) but there is no way I will repurchase. If you have dry skin, this probably isn't good anyway. I like a glowly finish

on 10/7/2009 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a fan of foundation but I've heard so many good things about this product so I tried it.

Naturally my skin is combination, but this had no effect on the coverage of this foundation. It gives minimal coverage and really only balanced out my skin tone.

After half way through the day, my skin looks and feels oily.

I went to the artist at the MUFE counter and she recommended setting it with a light powder. So I use MAC's mineral powder. Still, I have found not a huge difference.

I would not buy again, nor would I recommend.