Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 10/10/2009 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received this as a sample at Sephora the other day. I'd read good things about it and was excited to try it.

I got it in shade: 117 Marble (for light skin with yellow undertones) which was a good match as I am a MAC NC 20, Stila 20 Watts, and Bobbi Brown Warm Sand.

The coverage was good but after a while I realized my skin was chalky and dry looking though I used moisturizer and primer as I always do.

I won't be buying it because it costs $40 which is more than Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, Stila Illuminating Foundation, and MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation. I feel they all have a better finish on me and cost less.

on 10/10/2009 5:33:00 PM

Ok, this foundation is the same as Lancome Teint Idole. Overall, I like this foundation alright, and I liked Teint Idole alright enough. I think the Lancome is a little cheaper though (so of course I recommend the Lancome instead). $40 is just a bit too much to pay for foundation, it would have to be something spectacular for me to continue to buy at that price. And, since it's not spectacular and just ok, I won't be buying it again. Too bad so sad!

on 10/8/2009 8:34:00 PM

I got a sample of this at Sephora and I am really disappointed. This product DID NOT BLEND very well. I had a flaky finish so I hated it. Luckily, I also had gotten a Dior Nude sample and loved it and went back to purchase it.

I'm not sure if my sample was bad (cause I had heard good things about this foundation) but there is no way I will repurchase. If you have dry skin, this probably isn't good anyway. I like a glowly finish

on 10/7/2009 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a fan of foundation but I've heard so many good things about this product so I tried it.

Naturally my skin is combination, but this had no effect on the coverage of this foundation. It gives minimal coverage and really only balanced out my skin tone.

After half way through the day, my skin looks and feels oily.

I went to the artist at the MUFE counter and she recommended setting it with a light powder. So I use MAC's mineral powder. Still, I have found not a huge difference.

I would not buy again, nor would I recommend.

on 10/7/2009 5:45:00 PM

OMG! To be fair I've only used it for two days, but it is my NEW foundation!! It didnt make my skin over-oily, it's moisturizing, and lasts reallllllly well (better than colorstay!). I mix it with MUFE Full Cover for extra coverage, as it's more medium coverage and I like full.

It is AMAZING for mid-day touch ups. I sponge it on with a flocked sponge and it looks great! My makeup always looks cakey when I do my touch up, but it looked great after my mid-day touch up!!!

on 10/5/2009 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I do like the coverage of this foundation...I'm just not loving the price. It also makes my skin look a bit oily then normal after a few hours. But I'm still on the search for a good powder so that could be the problem too.

I went to Sephora the other day exploring new foundation options since my normal routine is LM tinted moisturizer. I wanted a medium to full coverage foundation, so I decided to check out MUFE since one of my favorite youtube gurus recommended it. It took a while for the SA to pick a shade for me and she finally decided on 123. She applied primer first and then the foundation with her fingers (rather heavily IMO). I liked the fact that I did not need a separate concealer for my undereye circles and my few acne scars disappeared, but at the same time I was horrified that foundation settled into the pores of my nose magnifying them like crazy. It also felt very cakey and looked unnatural close up. Even after all that I decided to take a chance and purchased it anyway. The next day I applied LM oil-free primer first and then applied a small amount of foundation with the Beauty Blender (love that thing!). It only took a small amount to cover my whole face. The application and finished result texture wise was 100x better than when the SA applied it with her fingers. The pores on my nose were not noticeable at all and I didn't have the caked on look... just a pretty airbrushed finish BUT I'm not sure if it's because of the foundation or the Beauty Blender (I'm leaning more towards the Beauty Blender). The letdown of this whole experience came about an hour later when I looked into the mirror and saw that my face turned into this ashy reddish color! Yikes!!!! Shade 123 didn't match me perfectly in the first place. It was a bit orangey and didn't match my neck at first, but after an hour the tad orange look turned into a nasty, ashy-red finish. GROSS!!! I was tempted to go back and find a shade that matched closer to my neck, but after I saw the oxidation I changed my mind. The product did stay on all day and I didn't notice a lot of shine at the end of the day, which is great because I have combo skin with a very oily t-zone. Unfortunately this will be going back to Sephora. I got better results with LM Silk Creme Foundation, but I need to find tune my shades since the ones straight out of the tube don't match me perfectly and I have to mix a couple shades together to find the right one.

I tried this product on when I was having a makeover at Sephora. This truly makes you look HD perfect. With this foundation, you really dont need concealer. It conceals so much better than any concealer would and it makes your skin look so perfect! This foundation really provides maximum coverage in my opinion. ( I dont really have skin issues, all I really needed to cover was my under eye circle and some pimple scars and this worked amazing for that). This foundation even make my pores disappear! Two thumbs up for the coverage!

Given the amazing coverage, I really thought this product would feel really heavy on my skin but I was wrong. This product feels light and surprisingly moisturizing! My skin did not feel dry throughout the day nor did oil break through like it normally would.

This product is really amazing but the only reason why I didnt buy it was because this is not the sort of coverage I need for everyday purpose. This is something that I would only need on those special occasions when I want to look extra polished.

Overall a great product but not something I would wear daily as a student. Definitely check this out and try it our if you are in the market for a really good foundation.

UPDATE:

This foundation reminds me of Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 14-hour Enduringly Devine fndt. It has the same silky feel going on, there is PLENTY of time to blend, and it creates a smooth canvas -really minimizing pores. Feels super light and airy, not heavy at all, yet covering my imperfections for the most part. The only difference I can tell right now is that HD Marble #117 fntd (more yellow in it) is an EXACT match for my skin, vs Lancome's Buff 2 (W) which is more neutral. I am telling you, it is my perfect shade!! Oh, I used Revlon Colorstay Mineral Powder fndt in Fair/Light to set it, and it melded perfectly, still feeling super light.

****UPDATE**** This fndt wore for about 6 hours in fairly good shape. Just like the MUFE Mat Velvet and MAC Powder Plus Foundation, I could see the gradual disintegration of the product. No comparison to Lancome 14 hr as far as performance and wear.

EDIT 12/19/12: If you are looking for a foundation that holds up better that is the same shade as I referenced in my original review above, then you will LOVE Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1 liquid fndt.

on 10/1/2009 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I really liked how my skin looked when wearing this. However, I had a mild allergic reaction to it. I do think this would be great for someone with less sensitive skin than myself.