December 22, 2014 | 1605 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by castro4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation in usually a NC40/42/and during the summer 43 i had to always mix foundations to get the right shade, specially during the summer! in MUFE i'm exactly 153 PERFECT MATCH! the coverage is heaven and best of all it does not make me break out like the MAC foundations, i am so glad i tried this foundation! it makes my face dewy, i just love it! ♥

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by pocky

HD is the first liquid foundaton I've worn in over 3 years and has become my HG liquid foundation. It gives full coverage yet is super light and breathable and my skin still shows through. Part of the reason I stopped wearing liquid foundation was how it felt on my skin. Although it transfers a little more than my mineral foundation, HD feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. It is so light! The finish is more of a satin matte in my opinion. I can get a matte finish if I apply a mattifying powder like MUFE Super Matte but on its own or with a light dusting of a softer setting powder like Becca Fine Loose Powder. I would not call this a matte foundation and I'm not sure how well it would work for oily or combo skin, especially in warmer weather. It lasts all day and doesn't get cakey or pool although, as I mentioned, it's not a transfer-resistant foundation. This stuff will get on your phone!

Despite the full range of shades, I ended up buying two different shades to mix. The first shade I tried was #120, which ended up being too peach and dark for my NC25 skin. Maybe I'm not even an NC25? I don't know. I'm Asian with light-medium skin that has an odd yellow and olive undertone thing going on so it's very hard for me to find foundation or concealers that have just enough yellow and no peach or pink. #118 was lighter than #120 but #118 has just a touch of pink, which is a big no-no for me. #117 has enough yellow but a little too light and #123 has a touch of olive but was way too dark and yellow so I ended up mixing one part #123 with two parts #117 for the perfect shade. There is absolutely no difference between my custom-mixed shade and the skin around my ears or neck at all. I know this sounds incredibly expensive (it is!) and a lot of trouble, but trust me ladies, I'm used to this. I've had to mix my foundations and concealers so often over the years that I now budget for two shades whenever I buy anything new. #120 was a close match and looked flawless in dim lighting but outside in bright sunlight, I couldn't ignore the peachy caste to my skin. #120 will probably be a good match for a darker NC 25.

Anyway, this is definitely one of my best beauty discoveries in the last 3 years and I will repurchase if I ever run out before this stuff goes bad since I don't wear liquid foundation that often and remember, I have 2 bottles to work with. It seems that there is some dispute regarding "proper application" of this foundation but I wouldn't know what's proper and what's not. I apply with my MAC 187 only because I prefer applying liquid foundation with my 187. For me, the 187 is simply the easiest method. This foundation dries fast so you need to work fast before it dries because once it does, you will not be able to blend it out very easily. I have not tried using a foundation brush or sponges or my fingers because that's not how I like to apply liquid foundation. If you don't like the 187 or don't want to use it or can't afford it, just do whatever you need to do to get the results you want. Oh yes, and I agree with everyone: the pump is terrible. It's very hard to control how much product is released with this kind of pump.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this 2 lippies bc the color 173 amber was a really god match for me however that's where the happiness comes to a speeding halt as i started to see the dewy look become a deep fried look within a matter of an hour after putting it on. I always use primer and powder so the foundation clearly wasn't for me. I think this will be perfect for drier skin types but for oily girls like me and with summer approaching tomorrow big hell to the NO!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by metalmynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from Sephora before plunking down $40 for the full size. This is too greasy for summer wear in Philadelphia - like the previous reviewer, it just slid off my oily face. I usually wear BE which works a lot better with my oil and the humidity. I do plan to try it again in the winter when my skin gets a little drier. It did look good when I first put it on and would probably work well for ladies with less oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by feliciah84

Bought this stuff after using Bare Es. for 6 months or so. My skin is combo prone to breakouts...this stuff did not stay on my skin and I used the primer. It greased off my nose in a couple hours, esp. being in the hot/humid wheather in TX. Maybe if you live somewhere with less humidity it will work for you. The color was not right either. Overpriced as well, did not like the pump. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by xier27

Best liquid foundation I've used so far! It looks great on camera hence the HD :) Up close it can look a bit cakey but it could be because I'm hasty in putting on foundation. But I have noticed if I use a fix spray like the MAC Fix+ stippled on with 187 on top it it sets in alot more and looks great! Coverage is medium-high, spreads really easily. It does dry out pretty fast so apply faster! Alot of shades to choose from I'm sure it'll be easy to find a good match for just about anyone. Overall, I'm VERY satisfied and do not regret dropping the $40 on this baby. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great color match and didn't break me out. It made me very oily and slid off my face within 4 hours of application. Even when layering, it offered very little coverage over acne spots and scars. Very disappointed since it is marketed as a great foundation with medium to full coverage foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pinktoxic17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I've used so far. My skin has had a lot of imperfections and scars and this foundation masks all of that beautifully. Also, it looks great on camera, hence the "high def" right? I have acne prone skin so I haven't really tried drugstore/cheaper foundations because I'm scared of breaking out. I wish this was a bit cheaper or if there was something like it with a more reasonable price.
*EDIT*
It recently started to make me break out so I changed my foundation to Revlon Colorstay and the breakouts stopped... :( I love the coverage and finish but since I can't use it, it's no use for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mznes

I am an NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus (I am not sure about the liquid) and I use 123 in MUFE HD Foundation. By far, this is the best liquid foundation that I have used and I am on my second bottle! Everything else that I've tried feels too heavy/thick. I like the coverage, how it looks in person and in picture's. I have used the 187, 109 and Sonia Kashuk's Blending Sponge to apply the foundation and love them all! After application, I top it off with MUFE HD Microfinish Powder and I am good to go! It is pretty pricey, but to me, it is well worth it's price. I will continue to re-purchase until I find something "better".

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mabel2026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't need foundation all over so I only use this on my cheeks where I have uneven skintone. I dab it on with my fingers, blend and then go over it with my kabuki brush. Then I lightly dust my whole face with Nars powder foundation. This HD foundation is amazing...gives me absolutely perfect skin. It can go on really sheer or thicker if you need it. Best of all it looks really natural on me and my blush goes on so nicely on top. Plus they have so many colors I was able to find a perfect match.

I don't mind the pump, but do wish they would improve it. The current pump is hard to get just the amount I need, so the best thing I can do for now is to just press the pump very very slowly...