Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/10/2009 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I picked up this in shade 118 Marble as I am NC-25 in Mac and the match was pretty good. It cover blemishes and sunspots well and blends easily. However I find that when I use this on days that my skin is oilier like around "that time of the month" it tends to cake and feel heavy. So a note to one self if you have oily skin get a sample first to see how it will look and feel on you. The bottle will last me a long time since a little goes a long way. It's $40 for 1.01 oz @ Sephora.

on 9/8/2009 4:01:00 PM

This didn't work for me. The color was a good match, but it settled into fine lines and pores, even with a very light application. It felt a bit heavy, which I would've lived with, had it given me the flawless coverage it promised.

I have to say that I had very high expectations with this product. All the makeup gurus have been going on and on about this foundation so I thought I would try a bottle. It didn't give me any coverage but the coloring of it was nice. I liked the variety with the colors. It was not worth the 40 bucks though.

on 9/8/2009 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Wow, I think I've found my HG foundation. I used smashbox FX for a long time, and while it was very decent, I gound it a little too shiny and overly dewy- especially later in the day. MUFE HD offers a natural looking flawless face (seriously u could prbly wear it and trick ppl into believing u weren't wearing hardly any makeup and naturally had perfect skin). It goes on nicely and isn't heavy at all. I have slightly oily, sensitive skin with some redness and a few blemishes and love this product for myself. If you like a heavy, matte finish (ue. MAC studio fix, Clinique superfit) that looks like u have foundation on, then this isn't for u. Give this a try, you wil get a flawness, natural and glowing look.

on 9/7/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although this foundation looks pretty good in photos, I wouldn’t recommend it for everyday wear. The color was matched pretty close to my skin, but the formula still looks somewhat cakey and unnatural. It is medium to full coverage, but still doesn’t mask blemishes the way my Mat Velvet Oil Free Foundation (which I love, btw) does. Nor does it look as natural, imo. I usually only use this in the summer when it’s a better match to my completion, or mix it with another foundation for the perfect shade. If you’re looking for a nice HD foundation and can handle a slightly sheerer coverage, head over to Giorgio Armani.

on 9/6/2009 4:46:00 PM

I tried this foundation twice. 2 bottles, 2 different shades ove a time span of 1 month. Getting colormatched was a pain. I'm an NC40-42/C4 in MAC, and the colors they chose for me were either too yellow or too red. The application was okay at first. It seemed to blend in nicely without looking odd/cakey, but after a few hours the foundation turned oily and made me look orange. I gave this foundation 2 chances, and it didnt work out too well for me. I'll stick to MAC F&B and keep looking for something that can offer me more coverage.

on 9/6/2009 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got to admit this product is really good if you're constantly being photograph at. I model for this product before, and when they did half of my face and took it with a HD camera (alot of camera uses HD now) the difference is really visible. The made-up face was slimmer, firmer and flawless. You can skip the concealers while using this product. the only 2 cons that i can make off after using this product is that (just don't be stingy with the foundation, but it does not look at all cakey)

1) eyeshadow make-up will slip right off ( this is after you powder the face with the HD loose powder) but you can add a bit of concealer or a little bit of the foundation on the eye lid to hold it.

2) The cost of it!! Imagine you have to get the HD pirmer, HD foundation, HD loose Powder, the kabuki brush and the eye colours.... its cost you a bomb.

If you want a cheaper alternative (but forget the camera-magic it can do) stick with the face and body. To the naked eyes, both products looks the same.

Hope this review help

on 9/5/2009 2:20:00 PM

This is my current HG. It makes my skin look like silk and it's invisible to the eye.
I have nice skin to begin with so I only need concealer under my eyes but I can see where someone with blemishes might want more coverage. I have heard it can be layered but I haven't really had need as of yet. It seems to wear well. I also use the HD powder which does great though it does leave a whitish cast to the skin but that fades after a few moments.
I used the HD primer and it's nice but not superior to my other primers (Cinema Secrets and Smashbox).

on 9/5/2009 10:16:00 AM

i love this foundation. i use a 155 shade and so far this is one of the best foundations ive used. it feels light on the skin and i havent experienced any irritations or breakouts (been using this for almost a month).
i do not use the standard foundation brush with this because it gets streaky. ive been using it with a mac stippling brush or the 106 brush (or sometimes my fingers) and the coverage is amazing, ive gotten complements on how fresh i look and how even my skin is.

will repurchase even if its a bit expensive

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

There are three things I don't like about this foundation:

1). I'm a MAC NW43, MUFE F&B 12 or 26. There was no color that matched my skin in this line.

2). I didn't like the finish, I prefer a dewy finish and you could tell that I had foundation on.

3). The price - ridiculous.

The packaging is nice, comes with a pump but overall I don't actually use this foundation. I'll stick with Face and Body.

Video Reviews & Tutorials