Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/23/2007 1:00:00 PM

I am better off with the drugstore brands of minerals. Something in the foundation makes me itch, (except for the tinted mineral veil, which I do love). That said, the colors and application are great. Not too crazy about unscrewing all the tops all the time when I am clumsy in the AM

on 12/21/2007 9:59:00 PM

I like everyone have tried this line of MU. It broke my skin out terribly and made it itch like crazy. I did like the coverage and the color matched my skin great. I do use the concealer though. I also use the brushes even though they shed like crazy, but I love the coverage they give your skin.

on 12/21/2007 3:37:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

One ingredient ruined this product for me: Bismuth Oxychloride. If you have acne-prone or sensitive skin, STAY AWAY from Bare Minerals since they use Bismuth Oxychloride as a main ingredient. I had clear skin, then used this instead of my usual Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation since l wanted to go more 'natural' for my skin like so many others out there. Well, a couple of weeks later, my skin started breaking out into cystic acne. Not small pimples, but the deeper sores that are very painful, and huge. I did a search online, and discovered what hell others have had to go though: that Bare Minerals contains Bismuth Oxychloride which can trigger cystic acne flareups. So far it has been 1 week without using Bare Minerals (switched back to Laura Mercier) and my skin has healed significantly. For others of you out there with more tolerant skin, this product is simple to use, but I hated how the jar left such a mess. I just want to warn those of you about to make an expensive mistake to stay away from this mineral makeup line and try another that doesn't contain this ingredient. There are many out there if you do a search. Will NOT buy again.

on 12/21/2007 10:05:00 AM

I recently received the starter kit as a gift from my mom..and I was so excited to try it! After about 3 days of wearing it my face broke out so badly!! I am very upset. I normally have very clear skin...I'm taking this back to sephora tomorrow and going to the dermatologist today!

on 12/20/2007 3:12:00 PM

I started using this in 05'. I have flawless, naturally moderate/dry skin. Everytime I try to go back to this stuff, it makes me look overly made up. Not natural looking. Settles in all my wrinkles, and causes horrible breakouts.. cystic breakouts! Doesn't live up to it's hype. But if you want to use a natural bronzer, their bronzer is beautiful and flawless. That's the only good thing I know of their mineral products.

on 12/20/2007 12:14:00 PM

I've been using the foundation and eye shadows for about a year and am pretty happy with them. The foundation (I usually wear Light) is a great match for my skin tone and it goes on quickly. I can get medium coverage at best, which is great for every day but is generally not enough for special occasions (I use a liquid concealer underneath the foundation for special occasions and this helps a great deal). The foundation system a bit pricey at first, but the full sized products last for quite awhile so I feel I get my money's worth in the end. I too have had a bit of trouble with it coming off a bit by the end of the day, but I tend to have this problem with nearly all foundations (I'm meaning to try their Prime Time fixative... that might help. Overall, despite the aforementioned problems I like it better then the other foundations I've tried.

on 12/19/2007 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using Bare Minerals on and off for years. I love that I look finished without looking -- or feeling -- like I'm wearing a mask. It really looks like my skin, but better, and it doesn't get caught in my lines like a liquid foundation. I have dry skin, so I like the slight sheen and don't use the mineral veil. I find that I get the best results from using the Kabuki brush for the foundation -- it really smooshes it into the skin, giving me good coverage w/o too much shine. Speaking of brushes, Bare Escentuals has the best brushes! I love the contoured blush brush and every other brush I've bought from them. The blushes and eye shadows are great, but I had to go to the store to play with them to find the right color for my skin. True Soft Focus is a good blush for my fair/med skin, and Clear Radiance gives me a nice glow if I didn't get enough sleep.

on 12/19/2007 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

BE is the worst when it comes to mineral makeup. If you have cystic acne or sensitive skin this will make it worse. It's expensive, the colors are too yellow based and too shiny. It also makes me itch so badly that after 3 hours, I have to wash my face and use Eucercin redness relief to calm my skin. They use Bismuth Oxychloride which is well known to make skin itch and break out in red bumps. Because of the shiny particles this stuff settles into every line and pore on your face. I tried 3 different primers and still the same look. My boyfriend told me it made me look 5 years older. Not what you want to hear.

BE has good marketing but nothing else. Colorscience, EM and even Pur minerals are much better than BE. The only good thing that BE makes is their Skin rever upper. I threw all my BE's out.

Update: I found out that the Bismuth Oxychloride found in a lot of makeups (Not just in BE) is toxic and acneic. If you are using BE and have a problem with clogged pores, rosacea and acne, I advise you to stop using this and switch to a Bismuth free mineral makeup. a lot of mineral makeup companies are now not putting Bismuth in their formulas. They recognize how bad it is for you. Read your labels MUA sisters!

Here is a little blurb about Bismuth Oxychloride.
"It's a very heavy element, which makes it difficult for many people to wear. It has to be forced into the pores (hence the buffing technique) otherwise it is capable of sliding off the wearer's face. The heaviness can result in clogged pores or irritated skin. Bismuth oxychloride often feels silky and not rough when rubbed between the fingers. Mineral makeup companies that do not use it have a lighter feeling makeup that usually blends into the skin better and with less effort.

Its molecular makeup is a crystalline shape, which may be a cause of the itchiness some women get when they wear it. Many women experience noticeable itching when they sweat. Don't forget it is also kin to arsenic, chemically. Your body will reject things it does not like, and if you'll get sick from ingesting arsenic, it would make sense that your skin would get irritated from having arsenic forced into it."

on 12/16/2007 8:57:00 PM

I have to admit, it is a bit expensive...for me anyway. I will still buy it again because it works well for me. The color is just right, surprisingly since there are so little choices. It can get a bit oily by the end of the day but that's no big deal. Overall a good product.
I really feel sorry for those who used their Kabuki brush...it is not very good...almost as bad as the Sephora Kabuki brush.

on 12/16/2007 8:02:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin and heard rave reviews about this product so decided to give it a try. Although it makes my skin look great, and the colour is a perfect match (I'm an NC30-35 and used medium beige) it made my skin itch like CRAZY every time I sweated! At first I couldn't figure out why. I thought the winter weather was making my skin feel extra dry. But after reading other reviews from people with the same problem, I now realize it's because of this product. The product doesn't last very long either. Too bad. I won't buy it again.