January 24, 2015 | 1826 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by creativethinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My agreements with Tamrak. I am writing this for someone else who have had the experience with itchiness when she starts to sweat while using BE. I didn't know that it was a specific chemical in BE that contributed to the irritation.

She thought she was purchasing something that was made for sensitive skin. What she experience, she was not pleased with and she's stuck with the BE products. I told her she needs to send it back and get her money back. She never did. She didn't want to bother with having to pay for shipping it back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

geez, where to start? i first purchased Bare Minerals foundation about 1.5 years ago after watching the infomercials and the QVC presentations many, many times. when i first received the product, i did like it somewhat-- it was easy to use, looked pretty natural on, and mostly did what it said it would. however, i felt that it could sometimes look orangey on my face and also that it accentuated every pore, dry flake and fine line (and i don't even have any fine lines yet! at the time i was only 24!) as all powders seem to do, despite their claims that it's not a powder, just looks like one. well guess what, it IS a powder! i used it for a while and then forgot about it, but recently i picked it up again in the correct color (i was using Medium Beige but am really Fairly Light) and with a different brush (the Flawless Face brush that is standard issue when you first buy BE is horrid! i picked up the Heavenly Face brush which i love). my final thoughts on BE are complicated, i DO think it's a good product, but i also think they misrepresent it at times. i definitely don't think that people with very dry skin will like this, as it does accentuate dryness, despite their claims. people with extremely oily skin may also have problems with the foundation because it has nothing in it to help it last on the skin. unless your skin is at an extreme (oily or dry), i think you could have success with this product. a few key things to help it look the best would be to exfoliate, exfoliate and then exfoliate some more! the smoother your skin is, the better this looks. also, moisturizing adequately is important, and you want to give your moisturizer a chance to sink into your skin before application (i wait 2-4 minutes). i would NOT recommend using this foundation under your eyes, because it does age you atleast 10 years by highlighting your fine lines. i use a regular cream concealer there and set it lightly w/the Mineral Veil and find this works best. also, when i first apply BE, i find that i can see every pore on my face (and i have really small pores!) and if i look closely in the mirror i can see the makeup sitting on my skin. this always alarms me, but after you have the makeup on for a little while, this "makeup-y" look goes away. maybe a makeup setting spray or mist of Evian water would help with this? i'm not sure because i haven't tried it. as for the feel of BE on your skin and the claim that you can't tell you're wearing anything? i disagree with that. i can definitely feel something on my skin and sometimes i can't wait to get home and scrub it off. i have had no problems with itchiness like some people, but it bothers me that BE claims it's the answer for people with sensitive skin when it obviously has something (Bismuth Oxychloride) in it that irritates many people. overall i guess i'd give BE a 3.5 if i could, and i'm going to continue using it, for now... ::shrug:: **UPDATE** not to sound like a QVC cult member, but my BE has never looked better than now that i'm using Ojon's Tawaka cream to moisturize with. the Tawaka literally takes my BE from a 6 to a 10+!!! it moisturizes well but sinks in IMMEDIATELY (so no annoying waiting period before you apply) and somehow works like a primer to smooth the skin so the mmu glides on gorgeously! no visible pores or "makeup-y" look right after application. (check out my review for Tawaka if you're interested) these two products used together compliment each other SO well, no wonder when QVC demo's Tawaka they show someone applying BE seconds after they've applied the cream! i wish i was insanely rich so that i could buy a tub of Tawaka for every single person who has ever used mmu, i guarantee people who hated it would change their minds if they used this to moisturize with beforehand! continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by xpeach_lollipopx

i have been using their products for about 2 years now, and haven't gone back to anything else.
pros: it looks so natural, and you see great results instantly. and i swear the product never runs out. i have uneven skin tone, post-acne marks, large pores, and some redness, and this foundation has giving me the best coverage so far. and no makeup line.
cons: the only problem with it is you need to know how to apply mineral powder foundation. most people complain about it being cakey, but that's because they load too much on their brush at one time. instead of using so much on your brush at once, use minimal amounts a couple times. it has helped my acne some, but if i don't wash the brushes out monthly my acne will come back again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by S0CiALiTE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a make up artist and when given the opportunity I will always use this product on myself and clients. so great for weddings!
The coverage is great. It goes on so smoothly and natural and I think the staying power is great. I love the tinted mineral veil. It makes enlarged pores dissappear and gives that great air brushed look.
I also love that I do not get breakouts if I have a late night and am too lazy to wash my face before falling asleep. With any other foundation product I have used, I would be sure to wake up with a few zits. With this product I can be sure that my complexion wont be sabbotaged due to a late night.

Tip: after applying all bare minerals products (before masacara) give your face a spritz with any make up setting spray or water based spray. I like model in a bottle. The spray will make your application last longer and also give you a natural dewy look if that is what you are trying to achieve.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by judytran

I bought this because it was the number one seller at Sephora. At first I really liked it because I didn't break out as much anymore, but after a couple of hours it fades and you can see all the dry skin I have. I am in the process of trying silk naturals and hope its better than B.E.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Rupilicious

Bare Minerals is the top product at my job. I love the way it looks on my skin.. especially with the warmth. I think most people can benefit from it but I wouldnt suggest it for the extremely dry skinned people since it is a powder. It does say that everyone can use i but i disagree with that. I love the product though because it doesn't look or feel like you have anything on, and that's two plus points in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Linita07

Everybody should now that not all of us have the same tipe of skin, in my case bareminerals have been very helpfull i love their stuff and absolutly no one can tell that infact i am wearing make up, im a natural girl and i like to enhance my beauty with just blush and a clear powder and off coarse after i heard the wonders of mineral makeup i headed of to sephora and bought me the mineral veil and their faux tan all over face color, i used to get little bumps in my forehead it looked like allergies and now they are gone since i started using them....its awsome because i feel like i finally found the right makeup for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ktrj720

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. I went into Sephora asking about an easy powder foundation for my very oily skin, and the lady pointed this out to me. Tonight was my third foray into Bare Minerals. I went onto BEAddicts, watched several instructional videos (not just the DVD) and saw different methods of using it, and this time I did exactly what I was supposed to do: buff in Mineral Veil, then Fairly Light, then another layer of Mineral Veil.

It made my skin look more even altogether, but did nothing for my acne scars and discoloration. It wasn't as bad this time, but I could still feel it on my skin...the first time I tried it it was just creamy-feeling and awful. When I touch my skin it feels fine, but on my actual face it feels yucky. Three hours later, I can't wait to get this stuff off.

I've tried a lot of foundations, and it looks like I'll be going back to a liquid until I can find a good creme-to-powder or powder foundation that doesn't make me yucky like this does. Also, it does have a weird sheen to it that's probably supposed to make you look dewy or something, but it just makes my oiliness look worse.

If you're new to BE, like I am, I recommend going on YouTube and/or the BEAddicts website and checking out different methods of putting it on, esecially for oily skin. I wish it had worked out for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by whitney88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this foundation but it does not cover as will as it claims. I have many ance scars and this product does not cover them will unless I use Bisque. It also tends to get patchy by the end of the day. It is a okay foundation and I will stick with it for a while until I find a better powder foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, and won't use anything else. I have uneven skin tone and big pores, and this covers everything beautifully without looking masky at all. I have read some of the prior reviews, and don't understand how people can be getting a shiny finish from this makeup. I have oily skin, and I dust a light layer of mineral veil on, then buff in the foundation, and then go in with a concealer brush and cover any imperfections, and then finish with another dusting of mineral veil. My skin is left purely matte, and it's naturally shiny. Just be careful not to apply too much foundation, and if you have dry skin, make sure to moisturize. It also lasts for a very long time!