Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

I hated this stuff! It made my skin itch like crazy within minutes of putting it on, and I was all splotchy and itchy even after washing it all off. I believe it's because it contains bismuth, but even if it hadn't caused an allergic-type reaction, I still wouldn't have liked it. It didn't look good on my skin at all - too shiny and too fake-looking.

After reading so many raves about this product, I marched off to Sephora and purchased a starter kit. OMG I HATE THIS STUFF AND IT HATES ME. I don't know how to describe it. It accentuates what are very minor flaws in my skin. I tried using my own (very expensive) shu uemura sable powder brush instead. When that didn't work, I tried my shu uemura kabuki brush. Nope. More power to those this stuff works for. I am definitely not one of them.

***I have completely changed my review of this product, and maybe my whole opinion of the company! I had to make a mixture of the medium, light, and fairly light foundations to get a good match. The bismuth oxycholride in this line of cosmetics KILLS my skin. I itch so much after putting it on. Instead of getting better with time, the itching got worse. It clogged all my pores, and after having porcelain skin my whole life, I now have visible pores and bumpy clogged pores all over my forehead. After 3 days of wearing Everyday Minerals, my skin is finally clearing up. I've switched to Pure Luxe Cosmetics and Everyday Minerals now. They are both about 1/4 to 1/3 the price of BE and make my skin feel like a baby's skin! I hate the way BE looks cakey, brown, and shiney if I accidentally put too much on. That does not happen with my 2 new-found foundation lines AT ALL!!

I'm giving all my foundation colors to my mother, who does not react badly to this makeup. Good for her! I'm moving on.

I know a lot of people are nuts about this product, and I really wanted to be also, but it gave me the worst break-outs of my life!
The product was easy to use and gave me a very uniform complexion, BUT it rubbed off on everything, and I was also looking pretty "cakey" and too made up. After about a week, I started having these small bumps appear all over my face, leading to later break-outs. As soon as I stopped using the product, my skin cleared right up and I'm back to my much-loved Bobbi Brown "Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm".
Despite my bad experience, the company was very nice about giving me a full refund and apologizing for my terrible reaction! Good luck to those who try it :)

I am better off with the drugstore brands of minerals. Something in the foundation makes me itch, (except for the tinted mineral veil, which I do love). That said, the colors and application are great. Not too crazy about unscrewing all the tops all the time when I am clumsy in the AM

I like everyone have tried this line of MU. It broke my skin out terribly and made it itch like crazy. I did like the coverage and the color matched my skin great. I do use the concealer though. I also use the brushes even though they shed like crazy, but I love the coverage they give your skin.

Eyes: Violet

One ingredient ruined this product for me: Bismuth Oxychloride. If you have acne-prone or sensitive skin, STAY AWAY from Bare Minerals since they use Bismuth Oxychloride as a main ingredient. I had clear skin, then used this instead of my usual Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation since l wanted to go more 'natural' for my skin like so many others out there. Well, a couple of weeks later, my skin started breaking out into cystic acne. Not small pimples, but the deeper sores that are very painful, and huge. I did a search online, and discovered what hell others have had to go though: that Bare Minerals contains Bismuth Oxychloride which can trigger cystic acne flareups. So far it has been 1 week without using Bare Minerals (switched back to Laura Mercier) and my skin has healed significantly. For others of you out there with more tolerant skin, this product is simple to use, but I hated how the jar left such a mess. I just want to warn those of you about to make an expensive mistake to stay away from this mineral makeup line and try another that doesn't contain this ingredient. There are many out there if you do a search. Will NOT buy again.

I recently received the starter kit as a gift from my mom..and I was so excited to try it! After about 3 days of wearing it my face broke out so badly!! I am very upset. I normally have very clear skin...I'm taking this back to sephora tomorrow and going to the dermatologist today!

I started using this in 05'. I have flawless, naturally moderate/dry skin. Everytime I try to go back to this stuff, it makes me look overly made up. Not natural looking. Settles in all my wrinkles, and causes horrible breakouts.. cystic breakouts! Doesn't live up to it's hype. But if you want to use a natural bronzer, their bronzer is beautiful and flawless. That's the only good thing I know of their mineral products.