Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/16/2007 8:02:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin and heard rave reviews about this product so decided to give it a try. Although it makes my skin look great, and the colour is a perfect match (I'm an NC30-35 and used medium beige) it made my skin itch like CRAZY every time I sweated! At first I couldn't figure out why. I thought the winter weather was making my skin feel extra dry. But after reading other reviews from people with the same problem, I now realize it's because of this product. The product doesn't last very long either. Too bad. I won't buy it again.

on 12/14/2007 1:07:00 PM

I've been using BE since March (about 9 months) and I love it. My skin is combination oily/dry, I am very fair with yellow udertones. I use the fairly light foundation (I think...) and it is a great color match. My skin does not break out as much as it used to when I was using liquid foundation. In fact, I actually don't wash my face at night (I know, it's horrible) but my skin is so much clearer now! I haven't switched face wash or moisturizer or anything else in my facial care routine, just my makeup, so I know it's the BE. I feel like I get just the right amount of coverage that I like without feeling either too bare, or too heavy. And at the end of the day my face feels just as good as it did in the morning. It looks very natural and is quick in the morning to apply.
As is true with every product out there, this is good for some people but not all. If this worked great for everyone, there wouldn't be any other products out there!
For me, I love it. I have turned my mom, sister, friends, roommates onto this. Some like it and some don't. But those who like it, love it!
I don't think that any product is a bad product just because it doesn't work for some people. Everyone's skin is different, so the best products out there are the ones that work right for you. Don't let all the bad reviews on BE turn you away from trying it - but don't get mad if it doesn't work for you. I can't tell you how many different brands of makeup I tried before I found something that worked well for my skin!

on 12/13/2007 10:45:00 AM

I've been using BE for about 3 years since a friend introduced it to me in college. I am asian with yellow undertones and i use NC30-35 in mac. I use medium beige for BE. when i first got the medium kit, i found that the Medium one made my skin look... ashy and purple! i think medium beige is the perfect match for my skin. when i found my color and was satisfied with the match, I got all my roommates to use this product because i was such a fan. So here's the basic breakdown:

Packaging:

It's a bit of a hassle. If you're not careful, the stuff gets everywhere. If you're heavy handed, prepare to have your vanity coated with this stuff.
And make sure you don't completely take off the white sticker completely, just peel it off slightly to reveal one row of holes for the powder to come through, otherwise when you're traveling wiht it it'll all spill out and it'll be hard to get the right amount into the lid for application.

Price:

I think it's on the pricey side, but it does last a long time. In the beginning i went through it really fast because i was using way too much. A little goes a long way.

Application:

I didnt think it was as easy as those women on the informercial portrayed. It took me a little longer to put it on then those people but a lot faster than liquid foundation. i used the kabuki brush when i wanted more coverage, and the face brush for everyday. IMPORTANT you must wash your brush, though not too frequently or it will damage the bristles. I diluted a little bit of the mac brush cleaner in luke warm water and soaked the brushes for a while then just rinsed them off. this seemed to work very well. Also, i found that concealing noticeable spots/blemishes AFTER putting on the initial layer of BE worked better for me. if the concealed spots are too noticeable i just buffed over it to blend it in more.

Staying Power:

while i loved the glowy coverage it gave me, i'm currently in search for new foundation becuase it just does not stay on. I have a fairly oily complexion and it stays on for a couple hours then... kind of just starts sliding all over the place. even with the mineral veil powder (which i dont really think does much) especially in teh summer, i have had battles with this foundation. but i kept with it because i really do love the way it makes my skin look, and it kept my skin very clear.

overall, i think this is a great foundation and gives great natural, glowy coverage. I will never stop using warmth because i think it is the greatest bronzer ever. I just wish it stayed on my face better.

on 12/13/2007 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried and tried to like this product. I think most of the claims are true: it feels light on the skin, it lasts a long time, and it does cover well BUT (here it comes) nothing has ever made my face break out like this does. I don't have cystic acne until I use this. Once I do use it, over night, my face explodes. Well, not literally, but you get the idea. Sorry BE! This is def not for me.

on 12/13/2007 4:11:00 AM

This product made me so sad, it broke me out heavily and costed multum for nothing. The kabuki sucks, the facebrush was a little bit better. BE is an overpriced makeupline gaining no respect from me.

on 12/13/2007 12:50:00 AM

Let's sum it up in a nutshell. I was completely enamored with this product. So excited to use. Turned many people onto the product. Love the coverage. Hid my random blemishes. After about a year, it gave me horrible cyctic acne and bumps all over my cheeks. My skin turned raw. After 3 months of BE-free skin and a tube of Neosporin, my face is finally starting to see the light. And do I have to mention how happy my sink is now that it's no longer sprinkled with BE make-up??

on 12/13/2007 12:26:00 AM

I also bought this foundation and wasn't sure when I first used it for a few days. So I put it up, and got it out after my other foundation ran out and gave it a try again. So, I tried it for about a week and started to get the hang of it,you have to find out how much works for you. Now I preach to everyone I know about trying it, you would think that I sold the stuff for money. Yes, it is different but you know different is good, really good for your skin. Try it again, play with it have fun and remember swirl, tap, buff.

on 12/12/2007 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the starter kit after a recommendation from a good friend. I am a tanned Asian with yellow under tones and have a very hard time finding foundation that is the right shade. I've tried many different foundation and they're either too dark, too red, or they make my face look grey. I tried on the medium tan shade at Sephora and it seemed to be a right match. I also liked how it felt very light. Unfortunately when I got home and examined the makeup in better lighting, it was a bit too dark and orangey. I stuck with it anyways bc I just didn't have the time to return it and felt it at least looked better than other foundations I've tried. It took several uses for me to develop a real opinion. It's not for people with dry skin. I have dry skin and after an hour or two, the make up simply disappears even with a primer. It does not adhere to my skin well. If I sweat while wearing this, my face will itch badly and I will break out on my cheeks. Although my skin is dry and can be a bit sensitive, I've never had this bad of a reaction with ANY other foundation and I've tried many. It's also very messy to use..that's the nature of minerals. It comes with three brushes and two of them are horrible. The kabuki and blush brush are extremely scratchy. They are the worst quality brushes I've ever tried. They actually irritate my skin when I use them! The concealer brush is a lot softer and works well.

on 12/12/2007 11:02:00 PM

I so wanted to love this - based on the infomercials. I purchased the starter kit. Liked the application... didn't look quite as good as I had hoped.. a little "cakey". Kept working with it until ... after 2 weeks of use my combo skin which *never* breaks out started breaking out like CRAZY... all OVER. I looked like I had chicken pox! Then learned that many experience this! Long story short.. it's going back. I'm disgusted! Now what to do about this acne??

on 12/12/2007 6:06:00 PM

Um... no. I tried this at both Sephora and Ulta after every sales-person at each store recommended it. I wasn't impressed.

No one can blame me applying it wrong either - each time I had a "professional" apply it, and each time it looked strange. You could tell that is was supposed to look dewy, but was mostly just a shiny powder.

Good for all skin-types? I'm calling shenanigans on that. First off, bismuth can be a skin irritant, and this stuff is loaded with it. It made my skin itch.

To all the people screaming "But you must use a primer and mineral veil!" All I have to say to you is this: BE is supposed to be A- Quick and B- Very minimal - these are the line's major selling points. Doesn't requiring more steps to the process defeat the point of it being quick and the need for additional make-up defeat the point of it being minimal? Yeah... I thought so.

Point being - don't get sucked into this by marketing, it's bullshit.