BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2033 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

I bought this awhile back before all the copycats were made...while I liked the concept of the product, the color was a little too bright to look natural on me, and was so concentrated that even a couple of dabs made me look clownish. It also dried so quickly that it left little room for error, and often ended up streaky and less than natural-looking. On top of this, while twisting the cap closed, the top of the bottle broke, and the product quickly dried up and became useless thereafter. I much prefer Sephora's Aquatint copy, which is much cheaper, less concentrated, easier to apply, and in much more flattering colors.

on 4/25/2003 11:59:00 PM

Purchased this way back when I bought hard to find cosmetics via catalog---before I was surfing the web---so that is probably mid '90s. Used maybe 1/3 of the bottle then included it in a heap of stuff I donated to the local women's shelter. Tried using it a multitude of ways--w/ and w/o moisturizer, under/on top of foundation, on lips, etc, you get the picture, and it was just way too much trouble. Too runny, too fuschia, too difficult to apply evenly to lips. IMHO, there are much better and more user friendly blushes out there, Bonne Bell comes to mind immediately. Save your $ and save yourself some aggravation.

on 4/25/2003 7:00:00 PM

Love it! If you are having trouble spreading it on your cheeks, or it looks a little blotchy, just mix it with a little moisturizer (even tinted moisturizer). A little too pink for my lips, but awesome on my cheeks. Will never go back to powder blush.

on 4/24/2003 7:14:00 PM

I will be in the minority here as I know people and magazines rave about this product, but it wasn't for me. The ONLY thing I liked about it was the smell which is rose. I wanted to like it, but being a PPP, it made me look like I had splotches, allergies, or something along those lines. My mother asked me if I had a fever! It didn't work on my lips either. Just not natural at all . . I sold mine on EBay!

on 4/24/2003 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A little of this stuff goes a long way! It gives a very natural look and is very long wearing. Be Aware: If you have large pores it may sink into them and make you look like you have little pink dots on your face. I had no problem with it but I let a friend try it and the results were....unpleasant.

on 4/22/2003 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

The price was reasonable as a little goes a long way in this product. The packaging makes it convenient to carry around but applying it isn't the most wonderful thing to do. For me, it's hard to spread and get the look I desired. Really, this didn't work out for me at all. I know I'm in the minority, but the color also didn't work for me.

on 4/18/2003 12:30:00 AM

I love this product. I use it everyday, even when I don't leave the house. I usually use it as a lip tint because I don't want to take the time to get it right on my cheeks. I have use it on my cheeks once, and I couldn't believe the attention I received from guys that day. They would continually stop and say hi to me. Other than that, I love the color it produces on my lips, its natural, so it never looks like I overdid it. By the way, I have fair to medium skintone, so this might be too bright for girls with an extremely fair skintone. I also use a lip balm over this because it doesn't moisturize, plus it softens the look.

on 4/16/2003 2:16:00 PM

One of my favorite blush products--easy to apply as long as you blend it in right away. Stays true all day. I also love to use it for lip color with lip balm over the top. Nice rosy-pink color, too. Will buy again for sure!

on 4/15/2003 6:30:00 PM

I had been toying with the idea of buying Benetint for a while (it keeps winning all those polls in Allure and InStyle). So today, I went to the BeneFit counter and had their counter manager wait on me. Love it all... the packaging, the sheerness on my slightly tan Asian skin, the rose smell. A bit pricey but worth it. Definitely have someone show you how to put it on first before you buy.

on 4/14/2003 7:15:00 PM

I just have to say..I HATE THIS STUFF!!! On my PPP skin this stuff looks soooo bright. I have tried it every way possible to get the lightest layer...and yet every time I get this glaringly scary cheek color. When I used this on my lips it looks like that "I just ate a bright fuscia popsicle"...not exactly what I am trying to achieve!

Popular Blush Products