April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

First of all, this has basically every color you will need to create neutral looks from DRAMATIC to EVERYDAY. The colors are shimmery for the most part, which is good to me (might not be to you though) because I feel they are easier to blend as shimmery shadows. UDPP is great, also, and I haven't tried the liners and probably wont. I would say my most used shadows of this box are Sin, Virgin, Sidecar, Toasted & Gunmetal. All of the shadows in this box are nice, and wearable colors... Except to me, I really don't care for Naked.

This palette is great, I will not deny that, but there are a few downfalls. SIDECAR (which I love) and GUNMETAL (which I ALSO love) have some MAJOR glitter fallout. I wouldn't care much if I didn't like these colors, but they are among my faves and I must blot under my eyes/cheeks with tape to pull the glitter bits off.. and it continues to fall off through the day. The palette itself is furry and seems to be a magnet for extraneous fuzz/shimmers and its a bit long to store in my MU bag. Otherwise, I love the mirror in it. Would have been the TOTAL package had they included an application brush.. Which I feel they should have.

Anyways, With all that said, this is a great buy. I wouldn't pay buku bucks for this but i feel the $44 SRP is fair. There may be a few colors you don't use, but to me and I feel many people, are all very wearable which makes it an excellent value. Everyone should have this, a staple in the MU world.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sschroedl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this on clients; it's my go-to palette of the moment! I wish there were more matte shades in it, but overall it's a solid investment.
This is my second UD palette, the other one is the Ammo palette. After a little research before purchasing, I saw that even though there is 2 or three repeat shades in it, I liked those colors and felt it was a bonus. I'd also say that most of these shade look quite warm on my skin tone, so I'm wishing and hoping for a neutral-cool palette in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by yenichii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a feeling I would love this palette from the moment I clapped eyes on the photo. I nearly screamed when I finally managed to get my hands on one of my own! I was SO happy.

I am totally NOT disappointed. I have spent the last 5 days trying out 5 different blends each day from super bare to smokey and glittery and I frankly adore it. For me, nothing can beat this selection of browns and nudes! I'm normally very fussy about a palette because there's always a few colours i end of just chucking but out of the Naked set, there isn't a colour I haven't tried and not loved.

They last all night long, especially with the primer potion (the baby bottles that comes with the set is just too cute) even if you spend the whole evening in club and don't go home till next morning. *ahem*

Reading what others have said I have to say that I agree that you get the most out of these colours if you've also invested in a set of good brushes because they blend so wonderfully! In summary, every girl should one of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just to inform- I managed to purchase this on the debenhams website this month and it is also stocked in Boots! So go ahead and buy! hehe anyway onto the review. I genuinely do adore this palette! It is just sooo me! I love neutrals and the quality of Urban Decay eye shadows is just gorgeous. The colours blend nicely and there is a good range of day to night shades. I would recomend investing in some good brushes (mac etc.) just to compliment how good these realy are! I honestly don't think I will be buying any more eye shadows for at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AMAZING!! My first UD purchase and one of my very few high end purchases. I usually purchase drugstore items. This is so worth getting (if you can get your hands on it). I got really lucky and called a local Sephora in JCPenney and the girl told me they had just gotten some and would hold one for me. The shadows are like butter- very soft and smooth, blendable, excellent pigmentation, beautiful finishes, great staying power, and some absolutely beautiful colors!! Love the different finishes also- and the mattes are awesome! Not a bad price either considering there are 12 full size shadows each which normally sells for $17 each, 2 smaller liners, and a small UDPP for $44! Really not bad at all! Get this if you can! As with most UD products, the packaging is super cute but not practical. This palette gets really dirty really fast. It attracts dust, hair, anything that will make it look dirty fast. I keep mine in the plastic package it came in but it's still very dirty.
Update: It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I got this and I'm still SO in love with it!! I have literally used it every single day for my eyeshadow since getting it! This is amazing for me as I own plenty of eyeshadows of every different color, finish, etc. I have lots! But I still can't stop using this b/c I know that no matter what colors I pick they will ALWAYS look amazing and without much work! God I love this thing! However, I don't love "Sidecar" as it has so much fallout, but all the others are great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by bluesky008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just got this palette today.
I would like to say, this palette is the best eyeshadow i've ever got.
The texture is so nice, color is vibrant, and these neutral colors are just nice for everyday look to smoky eyes.

I really love this palette.
this palette is really useful for daily use!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

Just another RAVE REVIEW for this palette! It's just simply genius! I worked my way using this palette and amazingly tons of tutorials are available online so I didn't have any problems using and combining colors :) This is my first e/s palette. I have been a huge fan of smokey-neutral-naked looks and I just knew I had to get my hands on this one from Urban Decay the moment I laid my eyes on it. Actually I got this sold at a tad higher price as it went sold out everywhere so I really find it really expensive (I wish I had gotten it for $44) but well since I'm losing sleep wanting this.. I took it. ;) and I'm so glad bec it's all worth it. All the colors in this palette are usable it just depends on how you mix and match. the added mini primer potion and dual ended 24/7 pencils are plus points too. I would definitely recommend and will repurchase over and over as long as it's available :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jessiew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first Urban Decay product and it's fantastic. Not only are the colors so complementary to the nude or natural palette, but they also come in a variety of finishes from matte to frost to shimmer. I've found the color payout to be great as well. With a similar matte MAC color I usually have to swish my brush around to pick up the color from the pot a few times to get the density of color that I want. With this U.D. palette I've found that one swipe from the palette and I'm ready to apply. I've found that each of these colors wears well for my lighter skin tone and am having fun even using them wet...especially the sparkly ones.

The mirror is also very handy. I threw it in my backpack on a day I was running late and easily was able to apply on the go. The included eyeliner wears wonderfully and I even went back and got some other U.D. eyeliners because of the quality of product.

For any beginner I would recommend the Naked Palette. It gives you all the colors you need, the eyeliner as well as the shadow primer and a handy mirror, too. A+.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm in love. I wear a lot of neutrals, as I work in a somewhat conservative office and rarely use bright shades. I was all set to pass on this palette, though, as only a couple of the colors seemed to really grab me in pics and swatches and because of how many permanent shades are included. Then I realized how much of a value the palette is--these are all full-sized shadows. Nevermind the mini-liners and Primer Potion! So despite having a couple of the shades in either single form or in other palettes, I went for it.

There are no super glittery shades in this palette (no Midnight-anything--whew!), and even a couple of matte shades. All of the shadows apply nicely, are pigmented, and blend well. Great range of looks can be created, from super neutral to smokey. I love the shade "Virgin," and I hope it's included in their permanent line some day.

The best UD palette since the Deluxe palette--and more versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are beautiful if you like neutral colors for everyday eye makeup. I have worn the eyeshadows for more than 12+ hours a day and I noticed it doesn't last as long if I can compare to MAC eyeshadows. It is pricey but for all those eyeshadows including a mini primer potion and eyeliner its a good deal.