October 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this palette. I just got it and it's absolutely amazing. The colors are perfect for the neutral eye looks I prefer. They are highly pigmented and go on super smooth. Would absolutely recommend this to someone who like neutral or smokey looks. So excited to play around with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by chelsea7387

I use these colors almost daily! I love Buck and Naked... haha. They're great colors, subtle and matte. I also like Smog A LOT! I use all of the colors, some are more night-time appropriate and some work for day, too! Such a great purchase, even if it is expensive. I've been using mine since July & you can barely tell I've used it at all-- I expect this baby to last!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by leexi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! It really depends on the person and what they prefer though. I love a shimmery eyeshadow look so if you dont, this palette is not for you. It also has alot of coppery, neutral colors, so if your not into that, again, this is not for you. I bought it at ulta for $44 which isnt very expensive considering how many shadows you get, plus its urban decay. Every color is pigmented and last all day with no crease (at least with a primer). The only con I can think of is that some of the shadows do have a little fallout from the shimmers, which I can get over since I love this palette so much (: It also comes with a dual sided eyeliner which lasts with little to no smudge. Overall I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PRETTY PRETTY!!! 12 colors that can create endless combinations of beautiful looks. I say yes!! I know this is highly hyped product, but to convince you am I not apart of the hype, I had no intention of buying this when I heard about it, I was like who needs that! pshhh ill stick to my random few eyeshadows...well I saw this at Ulta, and was like hmm isnt that the highly sought after pallete I guess ill touch it....and I swatched all 12 shadows and was shocked. They were like melted butter. in 12 shades! I kinda freaked out a little and was like..I guess I was wrong I had to have it. They then had one pallete left in the store. the next week I went and it was gone. I would say hyped for a reason. 12 colors for 44 dollars. Enjoyment=priceless

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by elainec17

love this!! simply as that! my favourite colours are darkhorse and hustle but they're all lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got this palette about a month ago and i tried to use it but i will have to say that it failed my expectation. i agree with the earlier reviewer said about the relatively poor staying power and noticeable creasing. pigmentation is outstanding and texture is creaming. the packaging is sleek and the value is amazing. however, whenever i used this palette my eye makeup looked quite heavy and muddy. The shades are just too warm and dark.every single one look muddy on me( i am lighter and less yellow than NC20 in MAC foundations). i tried to use it again but then i finally put it down. i almost gave up on this.i think the newly-formulated maybelline expert wear quads are more worthy getting.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Holly13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many of you, I was hunting this down and happened to walk by the Urban Decay counter at Macy's just as they were putting them out. As I snagged it I thought "Ha! I've got you now! Maybe I should buy two?" and took it home to use right away. I'm an eye makeup junkie, and especially love nude shades. Well, I've used The Naked Palette for about two weeks now, and I feel kinda dumb getting all hopped up about it. It is beautifully packaged and versatile, but I feel like I could have taken my $44.00 to Target and duped every shade with change left over. Frankly, my Wet & Wild and L'oreal shadows are pretty much on par with these. The UD Primer Potion makes my shadow crease worse, for some reason, so I'm tossing it. I agree with everyone on the nice pigmentation and creamy texture, but they just don't blend as easily as other UD shadows I've used in the past. Plus, they crease. UD eyeshadow never creased on my lids before. Staying power on me is about five to eight hours, with the matte shades lasting the longest, but nothing exceptional. If I blend a matte shade over a shimmer, it's pretty much toast in five hours, or less on a hot day.The dual ended liner is a cool idea and dreamy to apply, but I'm bummed they don't last very long. Not waterproof or even water-resistant for me, either. After an hour I need a touch up, and in two my liner is gone! I'm not saying don't buy this, but it's not worth getting all freaked out over. It's an average product that has been hyped out of proportion. Were I were able to test drive it before I pulled the trigger, I would have passed. So, while I still love Urban Decay and will continue to buy their gear, sadly I'm going to say I would not purchase this particular item again. I do love looking at the silvery, shimmery colors, though.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by shortieumpkin

I bought this all because of the hype. There is so much fall out with these. I am not impressed with the colors... you can find them all without buying this palette. If you have lots of eyeshadows.... you probably have must of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by SelinaKat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, this is a "warm palette", yet it has no gold highlight colors. The highlighters "Sin" and "Virgin" are pale pink/peach/silver shades. There is a ton of fall out if you don't use a primer, but the primer makes it look a bit cakey and crepe-y. "Half baked" is a copper/burnt gold and can appear garish if you do not smoke it out with a brown color, in person and in photos. In fact, I'm most disappointed that it looks so harsh in photos. All of these colors are highly pigmented, but they do not photograph in a beautiful, natural way. It's not a sheen, it's sparkly.

"Toasted" and "Hustle" do not photograph and look as good as Sable or Smut from MAC. I'm not even a MAC eyeshadow's girl, but these MAC shadows have less chunkiness to them and is more flattering.

"Smog" is a nice color, but it can be duped by many brown/bronzes in several other palettes.

I bought this Palette because of the hype and because of how beautiful the swatches looked on the back of my hand. They definitely don't look that way throughout the day (Fall out) or in photos. A lot of times, the shadows that look good on the hand look too heavy on the eye. For now, I think Hourglass eyeshadows far surpass the ones in this palette, both in texture, quality, and photo-ability.

However, I don't regret buying this palette. It's fun to carry around, but it does leave something to be missed. I always find myself reaching for a gold/shimmer highlighter instead (Sin and Virgin washes my yellow-toned skin out).

I want to say these shadows in general are high quality and they have a very silver sheen to them. It's lovely to look out, but not the best for my complexion. I will say it's better quality than the Two-Faced naked palettes. However, I would be happy just having Smog and Naked (Dupe: MAC's KID) out of these palettes. Actually, Sidecar, though it has a lot of fall out, really brightens the eyes when applied in the lower lash line despise the intense silver glitter.

I've seen this look beautiful on some people, so I say, watch a lot of videos and tutorials on this and see if you'd think it'd look good on you.

For reference, I'm NC25-30, light brown hair, warm toned, light brown eyes, light-golden complexion.

16 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this because of all the hype, and like MAC's Stereo Rose, I just didn't see why literally, EVERYBODY got it. I have dupes for most of the colors, and I just don't get much use out of it. Sadly, I bought into the hype, and bought 2. The only really nice thing about this palette is the packaging, but other than that I don't really like it very much. Just my opinion. :)

12 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No