Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 10/21/2009 1:06:00 PM

So I love this foundation! Before this I was wearing rimmel lasting finish in soft beige, and while it was nice it tended to accentuate my dry jawline and look powdery. I had a hard time shelling out this much money for a foundation, and I originally chose the wrong shade (123 was way to orange for my light-medium skin tone). Thanks to Britney at Sephora in KOP I was matched to 127 dark sand which looks a lot better! The finish is awesome, not matte not dewey, just smooth and yes air brushed, especially if you use the MAC 187 brush. It has fairly good staying power, especially with the HD finishing powder. Hasn't broken me out yet. And its true that you only need one pump to cover everything. That's how I rationalized the price, it will last quite a while.

Only complaint-- the coloring system is wack! What the heck is with having light colors in between the darks and vice versa on sephora's coloring grid?!

on 10/20/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I would say this is the best foundation I have used so far.The color match is nice(I am a 127) and I love the coverage it gives.It even covers those little red acne marks on my check left behind from pimples.It goes on smoothly and blends nice.I don't use a brush just my fingers.I am glad I gave this a try (I would recommend getting a sample first before buying speaking it is kind of pricey)I will be repurchasing this product again.

on 10/20/2009 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

OK this is just a temp revieww. Today is my first day wearing full face. WHen I tried the sample in the store it went on sooo smooth, Looked so natural, not shiny or dewy. So i decided to buy the bottle. I use HD 173 (PERFECT MATCH) Moisturzed with La mer lotion, primed my skin with Givenchy Mister Mat mattifying Foundation primer (I LIKE SO FAR), used a very small amount (went a long way) to apply used MAC 187 brush. Afterwards applied MAC bot powder to set it and it looks so nice. I have oily T-zones and so far its under control. I am frequently checking the mirror to make sure it still fresh and does not wear off... will check back after week one... I'm doing a four week review

11/17/09 Review TWO...

OK so its been a month now and I lOVE LOVE this foundation.... No breakouts, a very clean natural finish. i have very oily skin so i do need to blot or use a loose powder ( that review coming next). This is a a great although I am still looking to compare.. i would like to try the giorgio armani foundation...

11/19/09 Review THREE

ok wanted to give a helpful hint on how to make this product work better... *1st* apply a foundation primer (Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Primer) *2nd* lightly coat face with a translucent loose powder (MAC prep & prime Translucent powder) *3rd* lightly skim coat, place a dot of liquid foundation on forehead, nose, cheeks & chin then blend all over face a very small amount. Just to give an even tone clear complexion *4th* Light brush face with powder (MAC studio fix foundation Powder) just to set the liquid foundation.... and then finally finish up with you bronzer or blush if you use it but overall this gives the best application now if you have oily skin like me periodically apply MAC translucent losse powder as needed... VOILA!!!! Let me know if my technique helps

on 10/19/2009 12:18:00 PM

I have worn this make up for almost 6 months now and generally like that it provides great coverage. However it has Talc and titanium dioxide. However, having acne-prone skin it is so important not to use harsh chemicals on my face as I don't use chemicals on other parts of my body. The thing with the make up is that if you have natually oily skin, in a few hours it makes it MORE oily. It generally lasts 2 or 3 hours before a touch up is needed. Overall, the shade is very close to my colour and a good match for women of color however the harsh chemicals, quick fading and oilyness is a turn off.

on 10/18/2009 1:22:00 AM

Okay, so i've had this for months now and have been trying to make it work for me. I have dry skin, but when i first used this foundation i wanted to cry. It looked caked on and emphasized every single little flake on my skin, and found new ones i didn't know existed. BUT i was desperate to make it work for me.
So after finding a moisturiser and cleanser that helped get rid of 80% of the flakes and using a microfibre cloth (thanks for that tip MUA!!) AND applying it LIGHTLY with a DAMP SPONGE i am impressed.
This really looks like skin. not makeup. it is amazing. I can get pretty full coverage, look into a mirror close up and not tell i have makeup on. I finally understand now why this product has so much hype!
Unfortunately i think my shade of 110 is just a tad too light. But only noticeable to me and nothing a little bronzer cant fix. However, i'm now wearing sunscreen daily in the hopes that this becomes a perfect match.
Yes its expensive, but i only need such a small amount each time that i dont mind, and when it comes to flawless skin i'll pay a lot.
I'm not quite sure if this is HG material for me tho. I'm always looking for something better, but this so far is the best foundation i have ever tried.
The way i apply it gives it a sheerer coverage than what others are describing. You can still see a few freckles on my nose, but i like that. I have yet to see how this looks in photos, but i will update soon after a college formal evening. :)

on 10/17/2009 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've used MMU for several years, but the SA at sephora wanted to try this out on me. I allowed her to do so and I was pleasantly surprised! Gone through a full bottle of this stuff and it is great! Pros (for me): good color match, lasts a long time, gives good coverage, yet manages to feel lightweight (I apply with skunk brush), a little goes a long way (one pump is more than enough), does NOT break me out Cons: I guess price for some people, limited shades, not a good option if you want truly full coverage or very light coverage. I didn't read the ingredients, but am surprised there are silicones in here (as posted per another reviewer). Silicones always break me out, yet this foundation does not. I urge you to try this product if you're in the market for a new foundation.

on 10/17/2009 5:33:00 PM

I loveeeeee this foundation. I usually wear revlon colorstay and liked it, but once i tried this i was hooked. The texture is so creamy and light, and covers amazingly. I love the bottle, the pump is so easy to use. Only negatives are that it's very expensive (still worth it though, it lasts a long time) and the staying power is adequete. But still, I love it!

on 10/15/2009 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation!!!!! I recently bought it. It has a light texture but it covers amazingly!!!! That's why you only need a little amount!!! I use it on special occasions since it's very expensive (36 euros) and i want to keep it for a long time. I believe the only disadvantage is its price. It's silicone based so it doesn't clog pores. It's colour is rich and looks so natural even if it covers soooooo well!!!!! Most foundations look cakey if the coverage is good and others look natural if their coverage is poor but this foundation combines both! Coverage and natural looking which is hard to find!!!! I will definitely purchase this product again!!!!!

on 10/14/2009 1:11:00 PM

I am forever searching for a great foundation that will tone down the pink undertones in my cheeks without looking cakey. This stuff does the trick! I love the pump dispenser which is super sanitary and easy to keep clean. It is a little pricey but you do get a nice big bottle and I expect this will last awhile. I was using this with muf primer underneath but found this made my skin feel oily (though typically it is very dry) so I stopped using the primer and this foundation works a treat. You don't need a lot to get great coverage and it is invisible! Also, it lasts all day which is fabulous as I can never be bothered to do touch ups in the afternoon. This finish on this is more matte than I like (I normally go for something that gives me that dewy look) but over all this is a great product and I would definitely repurchase.

on 10/14/2009 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used 3 bottles of this. I started using it when it first came out. My skin is not bad, and I rarely use it full face. I used it as a concealer. However, if I go out for the night, I apply it as a foundation and love the way it looks. It is very light in texture and covers relatively well. It is very natural looking and does not make me look mask like. My freckles still show through, and it just gives me that polished look. I am not sure whether it is all the silicone products that I use lately, it flakes at the end of the day if I use my vit C serum and sunscreen underneath. But if I just use SPF, it looks amazing. I strongly recommend that you at least get a sample and give it a try. I am not disappointed.