Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/5/2009 2:20:00 PM

This is my current HG. It makes my skin look like silk and it's invisible to the eye.
I have nice skin to begin with so I only need concealer under my eyes but I can see where someone with blemishes might want more coverage. I have heard it can be layered but I haven't really had need as of yet. It seems to wear well. I also use the HD powder which does great though it does leave a whitish cast to the skin but that fades after a few moments.
I used the HD primer and it's nice but not superior to my other primers (Cinema Secrets and Smashbox).

on 9/5/2009 10:16:00 AM

i love this foundation. i use a 155 shade and so far this is one of the best foundations ive used. it feels light on the skin and i havent experienced any irritations or breakouts (been using this for almost a month).
i do not use the standard foundation brush with this because it gets streaky. ive been using it with a mac stippling brush or the 106 brush (or sometimes my fingers) and the coverage is amazing, ive gotten complements on how fresh i look and how even my skin is.

will repurchase even if its a bit expensive

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

There are three things I don't like about this foundation:

1). I'm a MAC NW43, MUFE F&B 12 or 26. There was no color that matched my skin in this line.

2). I didn't like the finish, I prefer a dewy finish and you could tell that I had foundation on.

3). The price - ridiculous.

The packaging is nice, comes with a pump but overall I don't actually use this foundation. I'll stick with Face and Body.

Expected much better, enhances dry patches and appeared cakey, even with moisturizer

on 9/3/2009 9:18:00 PM

Ive gotten SO many compliments after using this stuff. I swore I'd never wear liquid foundation again, but this stuff is fantastic. No breakouts so far. I wish it were a tiny bit cheaper but overall im happy with my purchase.

Update: Wil not purchase again. I like Chanticalle.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product and returned it. I tried several colors at Sephora, but I ultimately couldn't find a color that matched correctly. I did like the coverage and the way it felt on my face. Too bad.

on 8/28/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

nc35ish mac with yellow undertones. i use #123 and it's a pretty good match. i first use smashbox photo finish primer, #123 foundation, and then set it with mac blot powder and it's okay. i've tried many foundation primers with this stuff and it looked different everytime~ i've learned that you've got to find the PERFECT primer to go underneath. i've got combo oily asian skin and smashbox photo finish saved my life! i find that this foundation can have a little slip to it, so i might have to look for something with better staying power for my HG.

update: i've returned this foundation for mac studio fix liquid foundation. MUFE HD came off within a few hours and looked horrible in photos. this stuff is overrated and the color selection is confusing.

nothing special.
i bought it while i was in vegas and i didnt use till i came back to california & i came back with kinda dry skin.
i hateeddd it on my skin.
its like i put a whole compact of powder and i only used 2 pupms with my 109 brush & no primer.
i think that the mac studio fluid is way better.

but i think that its one of those products where you have to find a way to put it on, like with a certain brush or primer.

on 8/23/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i really wanted to love this product. im still not sure because everuything about it was great but i used it in the winter when my skin was super flakey and super dry (even put foot cream on my face) and this made the flakes stand out even more. but my skin is not that dry anymore so illl give it another tryy

UPDATE:
i bought this product again and this time since my skin isnt as dry its amazing and looks like im not wearing foundation! it doesnt have a dewey look, it just looks like the shine that normal clean skin has! and it just looks like i have flawless skin! LOVEEEEEEEEEE

on 8/22/2009 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start by saying that this foundation is my 2nd HG (First being MUFE F&B on good skin days)

I am NC25, MUFE F&B 20 and 32, and match to MUFE HD 120.

This foundation gives a medium coverage, buildable without getting cakey. What I like about this foundation is that even with a good amount of coverage, it looks pretty natural on. Not caked on at all. No SPF, which is a must for me because SPF doesnt photograph well

Comparison between MUFE HD & MUFE F&B
1. Coverage: HD is heavier coverage for sure. F&B is light-medium, HD is medium-full
2. Finish: F&B is more dewy as compared to HD. HD is neither matte, nor dewy. Its very natural, almost glowy
3.Texture: HD's texture is like any other foundation but thinner. F&B is a blobby jelly like liquid
4. Look: F&B is more natural. It doesnt look like u are wearing foundation. HD is more "polished"
5. Price: F&B 38$ 1.7 fl oz, HD 40$ for 1 fl oz (F&B is cheaper)

Basically the choice between HD and F&B boils down to the look u want. If u want light-medium coverage and a natural look, go for F&B. If u want a more formal polished look with a medium buildable coverage, go for HD.
I use F&B on no mu look days and HD on formal occassions.

For the record, I have used both these foundations over Monistat anti chafing gel as primer. Applied both the foundations with a skunk. and use NYC pressed powder to set it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials