October 30, 2014 | 1638 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mabel2026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't need foundation all over so I only use this on my cheeks where I have uneven skintone. I dab it on with my fingers, blend and then go over it with my kabuki brush. Then I lightly dust my whole face with Nars powder foundation. This HD foundation is amazing...gives me absolutely perfect skin. It can go on really sheer or thicker if you need it. Best of all it looks really natural on me and my blush goes on so nicely on top. Plus they have so many colors I was able to find a perfect match.

I don't mind the pump, but do wish they would improve it. The current pump is hard to get just the amount I need, so the best thing I can do for now is to just press the pump very very slowly...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by babyd0llx3

I love love love this. I have tried almost every foundation and this works the best. Reading all the lower lippied reviews I have a feeling people aren't applying this properly. I use one to two pumps now that I have blemishes but one is usually enough. Using the kabuki from MUFE you have to buff buff buff. It dries quickly so if you are experiencing flakiness, make sure you're doing section by section (cheek to ear and temple x2 and then your forehead) before going all over. The best app comes with the 187 from MAC, where you MUST stipple. If you're not using the 187 to stipple, then you might as well take up another brush because that's what it's for. It was 100 the other day here in Texas, I was sweating and the makeup just got dewy, it did not budge or run. It also does not wipe off to touch. Give it another try ladies, seriously :) Those who got broken out might want to try the lighter consistency with the Face & Body and see if that's a better pick for them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product...however I do feel I have not been liking this often as much these days; even after using the mac 187...Kinda gives me a dry look. I was awed the very first time I used it. Gave me a flawless lifted look. I am very inclined to take away 2 lippies but am reconsidering as with a sponge this goes on very smooth. I also think I can go a tad lighter on the shade. It did feel like my right shade when I first got it though! Compared to the Estee lauder Double wear; this is just mediocre. With my ES I look more glowy. But the MUFE foundation does cover wrinkles and gives a nice lifted look..I only wish this lasted on my face better...seems to wear off fast. But its ok..let the 4th lippie stay..its not all that bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by KarenI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. #115 is my perfect shade for my fair/pink undertones skin color.
This color is so perfect for me that it disappears into my skin!! The coverage is fantastic also, love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by ssantoni

I love this foundation! I've been using this for over a month and I've used it in Bangkok, Vietnam and the Philippines when my husband and I went on vacation. I was worried it would slide off my skin given the humid climate in Asia but it worked out really well and the photos (even the really close up ones) were amazing even though I sweated a lot! When I have to dab tissue on my face because of sweat/oil, a little wipes off on the tissue but my face still looks great. I don't recommend this for people who need a lot of coverage though. I think this is ideal for people who want to even out their skin tone or need to cover small blemishes. BTW, this gives a dewy look after it has settled so I use a little MUFE Mat Bronze shade O which goes great with my #123 foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by leylynn82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like how a little goes a long way with this foundation. Two pumps of foundation on my palm and it covers my entire face! It even does a great job of covering my dark circles (although I do need additional concealer though not much). It lasts long and makes me even more photogenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by al525

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just want to share my experience on using this product. I have used other high end foundation such as La Prairie Caviar foundation, Sisley, Sheiseido, Channel, Laura Mercier, and I found that this foundation deliver great coverage, gives the photo finish result and it goes on light. I wear shade 125 and it's perfect for me. I didn't have to put too much and it cover all the imperfection. I love this product over the other high end ones and would highly recommend it and would definitely re-purchase it again.

Update: After a few weeks of observation of this product, the foundation appears to be very oily after I have it on for a couple of hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by deborahbrandon

Well, where to start with this foundation???
This is my second time using this foundation and I have to say that it is probably one of the worst foundations I have ever put on my face.
I dont know how it manages to give almost no coverage but still look cakey and gross. It sticks to every little dry spot on my face, makes me look like I have facial hair (peach fuzz) and does nothing to cover my imperfections. Aside from all of that, it looks terrible!! Especially up close. It never settles into the skin, so it always looks like you are wearing a TON of foundation as it is just sitting on the top. At one point, I went to rub my nose, and ALL of the foundation rubbed right off.
Not to mention that I had to lighten this by like 5 shades and this is the lightest one MUFA carries. Bummer.
I am really suprised to see it have such a high review on here, but I guess everyones skin is different. :) As for me, I would NEVER purchase this again, and am glad it was only a sample!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by longhornsgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm almost afraid to say it, but this might be HG for me. I've tried every foundation imaginable. Nothing has stuck to my skin, made it look more even, and looked as amazing in pictures than this. I love the consistency when applied with my hands, it is easy to manipulate and blend into the skin. The color is perfect and I love using this in tandem with the MUFE HD powder.

5 stars for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by mubeen

nc 42 skintone, Love this foundation.. wear it in 153 shade- Got yellow undertones and this gives medium coverage but I still use a concealer for scars.

I love this foundation..