November 27, 2014 | 1578 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2011 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lipstain

I never thought I would fall in love with this product, but I just adore it. It has a pretty smell, cute packaging and gives me the most natural glow. My skin is light and to avoid blotches I reccommend applying this right after moisturizer for better blending. Experiment with the number of dots to apply and where to put them. I use 4 dots on each cheek and it still looks like I am wearing no makeup. I am not a fan of using it on my lips- that brush tickles! The best part of this product is because it is natural, if you spill it, it washes right out of your clothes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2003 1:40:00 AM More reviews by roxy8982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I have very fair skin and it makes me look healthy and the color is beautiful. It took me a while to figure out how to make it look natural but I finally did and now I use it almost every day. I put it on right after I moisturize my skin and blend with a makeup sponge right on the apples of my cheeks and lightly along my cheekbones. Sometimes I apply loose powder on my cheeks after application. On my lips, I lightly line my lips (as you would with a lipliner)with the brush, wait a second, and then, using my finger, blend in towards the center of my lips. By not putting color in the center of my mouth, I find my lips look fuller. Then, I blot with a tissue to remove any excess and apply Smith's Rosebud Salve over it.. Those are my tricks to making Benetint work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by zouzou

I like the natural looking flush that this gives to my lips and cheeks. I agree, however, with others that application can be a bit tricky. I apply five tiny dots to the tops of each of my cheeks and blend with my finger quickly so that it does not dry...this leaves me with stained fingers, but washes off easily with soap and water. For my lips, I use the teeniest little amount and apply it only to the edges of my lip (not so much in the middle, like a smudged lip liner) and follow with lip balm and a sheer lipstick...it makes a nice base color that stays all day. The smell doesn't really bother me. I'm not sure that i will buy this again or maybe I'll try one from Tarte...I really like the color of this, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2003 7:43:00 AM More reviews by mzgrvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even after reading all of these so/so reviews for this product, I still had to see for myself because I love BeneFit so much and I didn't want to think it was as bad as all you ladies say it is...
WELL, I like this product. The color on my lips is so PRETTY and since I opted to use gloss over it, because I really don't like matted lipstick, I had no problems with this. It did not overly dry out my lips and the color stayed true all day. My husband even commented that HE liked the look of my lips, and for him to notice anything about my makeup(he usually looks straight into my soul and completley misses anything new I do to my face, at least thats what I tell myself,LOL) it was worth the money I paid for it. I used it as a cheek stain and have to say, it was tough to get the hang of and I had to apply it under my make-up because I was afraid of rubbing it off if I waited until the time I normally put blush on. So over all I am really glad I made this purchace and even more glad that I still have a crazy love affair with BeneFit that will go on and on and on...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 11:02:00 AM More reviews by KitKat17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this for a long time and occasionally go back to trying it and I always end up looking like I have a rash on both sides of my face. It absorbs into your skin almost immediately upon application, so it's impossible to blend properly. My preferred use for this product is using it as a base for lipstick. Alone on your lips, it's a little too magenta-looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2003 4:34:00 PM More reviews by dlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very unimpressed with this product. I have fair skin and I was really looking forward to a dash of natural looking color, but this was not effective. The color was barely a shade darker than my natural tones and it did not last long at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by siousie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Messy?? Yes it is! Try Tarte flush gel blush. It looks like a gelly deordorant and it you tap it with ring and middle finger and then tap on cheeks, it works great. Use on clean skin or on foundation, but not on top of powder. Gently brush powder on top to set.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2003 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sophie_tan

i like this during the summer. it was my beauty staple until my dad was shaving in the bathroom one day and knocked it over. too bad the bottle's made of glass :T the red stained my tiles for a few days. a little goes a long way, no allergic reaction on my sensitive skin, beautiful effect. only caveat... $23. i don't like the fact that it "sticks" to my fingers. i would rather test out sephora's aquatints 1st. but this product was great, A+

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2003 1:15:00 PM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Why does this just strike me as overpriced water with a squirt of food coloring in it?

It's just too watery. I mean it'll run down your face quicker than a mood swing at the height of PMS. You feel like you're chasing it in your attempts to blend. And it just seems to end up a lot more on your fingers/sponge than on your actual cheek. OR... you'll get that ever-so-alluring 'Ronald McDonald' look. Which is the way of it - always too little or too much, never 'just right'.

Skip on this, much better things to do with your money. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2003 3:31:00 PM More reviews by saranja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS: This is a great product! I wore it on my wedding day. It always gives my cheeks that "just pinched" look. It also stains the lips for a long time. Doesn't need to be reapplied alot like most lipsticks do. The shade is very flattering and natural looking on me - like my skin's natural blush. The rose scent is lovely!
CONS: Stains the fingers. Hard to keep in the lipline because it is a liquid- need a liner or it will bleed a bit. The applicator bristles broke off after a few uses so now I have to use a cotton swab to get at the product.