Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, LOVE the Urban Decay Naked Palette! This was the first palette I ever bought, and I'm so glad I did. This palette allows me to experiment with a TON of different neutral looks, and I think I've gotten so much better at applying eyeshadow. I love how it comes with a wide range of neutrals, perfect for everyday. My current favorite color combos are Sin all over the lid, Naked in the crease, and then Buck in the crease halfway; my other favorite is Sin all over the lid, Toasted on the outer half, and Hustle in the outer-V and crease. But I love many other looks as well.
I also love how this palette came with a mini Primer Potion, because I'd never tried it before and I probably wouldn't be using a primer if it hadn't been included.
I gave this palette a 3 for price because although it is a little expensive for someone of their early teens to purchase (meaning myself), it is an AMAZING deal to get 12 eyeshadows for about 4 dollars each. And I gave packaging a 4 because I kind of wish the primer potion would fit somewhere in the palette itself, because then the palette would be the ultimate travel companion :D

on 12/12/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My bestie bought me this for my birthday recently, SHOCKED that she actually got her hands on it. She told me she found 4 in a JCPenney in her area and snatched 3. She gave one to me, her mother and one of her other friends.

..ANYWAY.. i love the payout on these shadows. I love neutrals and even though I'm trying to figure out some good combos (none of them are really bad) - I come out with the same looks.

I own NARS Pleasures of Paris palette - and the UD palette BLEW NARS out the window. The colors are more vibrant, theres a whole mix of textures.

Absolutely worth the money when you figure out what you're doing. But I agree with another user that I wouldn't pay more than retail for this palette. It IS a permanent item, isn't it?

I do love seeing that this palette is SOLD OUT everywhere I go. Its a good sign that its worth getting when you do see it.

on 12/12/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like everyone else, I love this. I got really lucky and snatched the last one at my ULTA without even looking for it. I had seen the reviews but I didn't really need any eyeshadows buuuut I stoped at my store one day and they had one left so I knew I had to get it. The eyeshadows are great. More staying power and less creasing than even MAC shadows in my opinion. I love most of the colors, they are REALLY warm though so cool toned ladies may not be thrilled.

BAD: I really hate Sidecar. If I swatch it, it looks great but on my eyelid it's a glitter bomb that UD is so famous for. The fallout is ridiculous.

Oh and I LOVE LOVE LOVE whiskey liner. It's my new favorite.

on 12/11/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I get the hype. Great for everyday and nights out. If you can get your hands on it, do it. But I would not pay over retail price. They should be back in JAN so just wait it out

on 12/11/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Update 9/30/12: I actually tossed this in the garbage. Too much fall-out, too many shimmery/metallic shades and no matter which colors I used together, I always achieved the same smokey muddy bronzy mess. After a while, I just started to hate this palette. For my eyes, I just prefer matte shades or shades with a slight shimmer. Anything metallic has to go!

_______
I jumped on this band wagon and have no regrets. These eyeshadows are sort of creamy in consistency/texture, go on like a dream and blend beautifully. I love this palette and it was totally worth the $44 or so dollars. The colors are perfect neutrals for work mostly shimmer but some matte. There's a bit of fall out for some of the shades, but nothing unmanageable. Overall, a great product and I would recommend.

on 12/11/2010 12:51:00 AM

I know I can not say very much that hasn't already been said about this palette. It is so versatile and was totally worth the wait. I am very fair, and I am able to use all the colors. I love the 24/7 eye liners, so a double sided one was just a bonus. I love Urban Decay!

I got this palette in August at Ulta after two months of trying to hunt it down at Sephora and Macy's. Ever since I got it I have been reaching for it almost everyday. You can do so many looks with this palette (office appropriate, going out etc). I even used it for a wedding. For $44 I think it's a great deal. The e/s are full size, you get two eyeliners and a mini UDPP. I love the mirror that comes with it but I use my own mirror for application. The e/s are very pigmented. Sidecar has a lot of shimmer so there is major fall out but if applied carefully it's not too bad.

I got this palette right before I went on a week vacation to Aruba. Usually when I travel my make up bag is stuffed. This palette was all I brought for e/s. It's all you really need if you are going to travel light and don't mind using neutrals. I just brought this along with blush, powder,lip gear and brushes. It felt really nice not having to haul around a ton of extra goods on vacation. Especially if you plan on bringing back gifts.

If you haven't gotten around to picking up this palette, then I suggest you get it. It's just a great deal for what you get and so practical. The slim size makes it easy to carry around in your make up bag or traveling. I'm just really happy with this palette and would recommend it to anyone who loves neutral e/s.

on 12/8/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was super excited to get my hands on this when I walked into Sephora a few weeks ago! I was going in for the pro size eye priming potion and saw a few of these sitting on the shelf. I snatched it up and ran to the counter to pay! I've used it a lot and love it!

I have tons (I mean tons) of palettes/singles with colors similar to what is in the NAKED palette. The only ones that even compare to the pigmentation and smoothness of the UD shadows come from my Sedona Lace 88 Metal & 88 Warm palettes. I'd say that metallic & shimmery ones are every bit as good. The matte ones in the UD palette are much better than any other mattes I have. I actually swatched some of them for a post on my blog, if anyone wants to see what I mean. Google NV Beauty. =) I hope this helps!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I finally got my paws on this bad boy.. walked into Ulta and they had several. I was shocked and bought two, one for me and one for my sister. This is a good palette.. but I don't understand the hype once I actually had it. The colors are great, but I was disappointed to find that most of these colors are extremely dupable (NYX Champagne&Caviar/Nude on Nude, Wet "n" Wild Vanity, Maybelline Chai Tea) I am glad I got this, the quality is pretty awesome and it is extremely convenient to have all these colors in one place. But, as far as having it in my hand, I'm not excited to do looks with this because I feel like I've done them a hundred times over with shadows I already have. I'm just comparing this to other UD palettes.. usually, I am super stoked to play around with them. (I realize that other UD palettes contain bold colors unlike this neutral palette.) I've used this twice and hope to use it more. This will probably become my go-to travel palette, the packaging is beautiful and seems to be durable. I guess, all I'm saying, is don't rush to get this. Since it is a permanant palette, everyone will be able to get it. Don't waste extra money on ebay or elsewhere. The price of the palette is rather cheap for all the shades.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love the UDNP! All of the eyeshadows go so well together. The color choices enables me to create dozens of looks!

Popular Palettes

NAKED
PRO Palette
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804