Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/6/2010 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a perfect product to buy if you're just getting into makeup, it's got everything you need. And I find that the colors are nice and rich. Also, the packaging is great (anyone who owned other UD palettes know what I mean)! Finally Urban Decay released something practical.

on 12/6/2010 1:32:00 PM

I finally got mine after being on the waiting list on my local Sephora. I am SO glad they called me 'cause I was just about to pay a lot more on ebay. Anyway, I am SO happy with this. This is a great value. As a reviewer posted earlier, you get .05 oz of each color, and the retail price for that is $17 each. The colors are amazing, blendable, wearable, gorgeous....what else can I say? I talked to UD Customer Service today and they told me that this is NOT, I repeat, NOT limited edition. They're just having problems with the raw materials or something. So be patient, eventually you'll have yours!!!

on 12/6/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product has garnered so much hype, and let me tell you, it is well deserved. After months and months of being on every possible wait list, I was able to get the last one at my local Ulta. I was a bit put off, not by the product itself, but by the fact that most of the colors had been swatched by someone's finger. Still, I had waited waaaay too long to make a stink.

The colors are GORGEOUS!!!! The payoff is amazing, and with the primer potion, it wears all day long! I would buy this again in a heartbeat; it's just too bad I'll probably never be able to get another one. Because I'm a loyal mac user, this is actually my first eyeshadow purchase with UD. I can't believe the quality of this set, and found myself stunned at how easy these shadows are to blend. The color range is perfect and the look possibilities are endless.

I hear UD and Sephora will be restocking in the next couple of weeks. So be on the lookout; if you don't already have this, you will NEED it!

on 12/6/2010 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

(This is all my honest opinion and results may differ due to different skintones - I have medium olive neutral skin that can be as light as NC35 and as dark as NC42).

[EDIT]: It's been more than 2 years and I still love this palette! I rarely touch Gunmetal and Creep, but I stay pretty consistent with all the other colours. The packaging definitely gets worn down easily but none of my eyeshadows have shattered (I've dropped this quite a few times, opps!). I'm really interested in getting the NAKED 2! It would be cool to have a cool (Naked 2) and a warm (Naked) palette :) [/EDIT]

The Naked Palette is the first Urban Decay product that I have ever purchased. This is the most beautiful palette I've EVER seen! I use this for my eyes and my face to contour and highlight!

All these shadows are amazingly pigmented, barely any eyeshadow fallout (except for the super glittery shade = Sidecar), and lasts all day (even without using the primer potion - I live in Singapore, with an average humidity of about 65% to 95%!).
My palette came with 12 shadows, a mini urban decay primer potion (original) and a double ended eyeliner (zero and whiskey).

Primer Review:
My first eyeshadow primer and I like it! I do see my eyeshadows having more vibrancy upon application and at the end of the day. However, sometimes I find that it cakes on my eyelids, sometimes it doesn't! I have mixed feelings about this product.

Individual Shadow Review:
Virgin (nude satin) is an amazing highlight colour for the brow bone and inner corners. I could use this as a bright highlight on my cheekbones using a light touch with a fan brush.

Sin is a great all-over colour, it's a nice light pink champagne shimmer that is just the right amount of sheen (no chunky glitter at all!).

Naked is a matte medium brown, I sometimes use this to tone down a shimmery shadow. The texture is so soft an velvety. It's a shade darker than my skin so I use it to contour my nose!

Sidecar is a light brown taupey colour with gold glitter. With this shadow you can see the individual glitter pieces. I do experience some glitter fall out with this, so be careful.

Buck is a matte chocolate brown. For a very neutral look, you can use 'naked' all over the lid, and put 'buck' in the crease, blended or you can use it on the outer lid to create a gradation effect. This is my contour powder for my cheekbones and I also use this as a bronzer.

Half Baked is the most shimmeriest (is that even a word? lol) shade and the a stunningl gold eyeshadow.

Smog is a shimmery brown. It's just like a darker version of buck but with shimmer.

Dark Horse is a deep dark brown with a bronze glitter.

Toasted is a medium dark reddish brown with shimmer. This eyeshadow deserves more hype, it's absolutely beautiful. It gives a reddish-copper warmth to my brown eyes. I apply it on my lid, blending it a little above the crease, making sure there are no hard edges. Then, I take 'Dark Horse' and put it in the outer part of my lid. My favorite eyeshadow combo!

Hustle is a dark dark plummy colour with shimmer.

Creep is a black with a blue undertone with some goldish fleck of glitter.

Gunmetal is a dark blue gray colour which is almost monotoned in flash, as it looks like a darkish blue but very dark, almost black in a dim room. A great night-time colour!

The Eyeliners:
Zero - Dark black liner, love it. It stays on my waterline well.

Whiskey - A chocolate brown, a good everyday liner.

Overall, a great neutral and glamorous palette for anyone who are just starting on makeup, or for anybody, really!
Definitely worth getting!

LOVE! Well worth it!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got complimented on my eyeshadow by the teller at the bank after applying these eyeshadows for the first time. I was wearing Sidecar, Hustle, and a smudge of Darkhorse. I already love this palette, it IS as good as the hype! :)

on 12/4/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found this palette in a JC Penny's in-store Sephora on Black Friday, much to my amazement. At first the price did seem a little steep, but you get 12 amazing blendable colors, two eyeliners and a mini-primer potion.

I personally like MAC's PP a bit better, but having these cute little UDPP on hand is definitely a plus. The colors, on the most part, have a faint shimmer leaving the palette with only two "true" matte colors. There are many colors that almost melt (they blend so easily) into each other to create these gorgeous, "my eyeslids have a little something on them, but nothing crazy" effects.

The palette could even be divided into day vs night looks- the left side has lighter "nude" colors while the right holds the darker browns/gray shadows.

I have to say that the comments about the shimmer being too much are really not that valid. There is a slight shine to a few colors, but only if you really go bananas could you get glittery drag-queen eyes and eyeshadow fallout.

An excellent product on a whole, I'm hooked!

MY FAVORITE NEUTRAL PALLETE EVER! I have a thing for neutrals eyeshadows. I love how some eyeshadows have shimmer and some is matte. I can do all kind of looks with just this pallete.The price isn't bad at all as well. You get what you paid for. I would definitely purchase this again:)

on 12/2/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Its a great palette to travel with since basically all you need for a neutral/smokey eye is available. But the shadows are just not the best quality. To me some are hard to blend, even a tad chalky. Really if you put together all of your neutral shadows(because odds are, you probably already have similar dupes of whats in this palette) it would be just as good, if not better. I would say this palette is great for someone who doesn't have a lot in their kit or is just starting out. But if you already have a large collection of shadows, buying this palette would be just extra, its not necessary.

on 12/2/2010 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

love love love! HG :) perfect for a kim kardashian smokey eye in a box .. seriously. i am all about black eyeliner with smokey eyes but i'm just too pale now and can't pull it off, and i don't feel like tanning is worth it. these colors give the perfect brown smokey eye for day or night time. the colors are beautiful and high quality.. tiffanyd on youtube/facebook has a great tutorial for this palette. love that it comes with pencils and primer too!! soo glad my ulta had a few of these so i can have new pretty shadows for the holiday :)

Popular Palettes

The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty