April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by as8566

I like this moisturizer. I confess I have never purchased it before; I always used the samples with the free gift and they lasted forever. I have oily blemish prone skin and this never bothered me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by rawrrawrrawramy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized. I only use it at night though. You don't need much product either. This has not broke me out and it does not burn my skin and I have moderately sensitive skin. I may buy this if I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2006 10:00:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually praise Clinique for their skincare items, but not this time. I have recently got 4 cystic pimples and they are bad. This has never happened almost at the same time. I get breakouts moderately, but rarely cystic ones. This lotion had to be the culprit because it was the only thing I really changed in my skincare routine. I also got clogged pores. I'll never use this product again! The oils and the fact this lotion doesn't absorb good makes this an unappealing product, especially for acne-prones.

------
    Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Mineral Oil (paraffinum liquidum), Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Tea Stearate, Gylceryl Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dalenna

When I was in high school, this lotion used to turn my face into an erupting volcano, but I had oily/acne proned skin back then. Now I'm in my mid-twenties and have combination dry skin, this lotion is working out pretty well for me. Contrary to the many bad reviews here, I find the lotion non-greasy and it absorbs almost immediately upon application for me. It doesn't oil slick my face either. May be it's just one of those things you either hate or love. Will definitely repurchase in my case.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2006 10:14:00 PM More reviews by normalgirlnyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

pretty much a marketing scam. i can't believe this has been so popular for so many years. it's greasy, smells like medicine and if you actually take time to look at the ingredients, it's pretty much vaseline and oil. doesn't do anything for moisturization but peculiar it makes the skin so greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2006 7:38:00 AM More reviews by irinka06

It's really awful. My skin gets completely irritated and ichy just after getting it on. Just a waste of such amount of money!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 10:27:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

This is a decent moisturizer. What I like about is it's not oily. The no fragrant smell is nice as well

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by bobsyouruncle

crap!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by neenerbeener

This is the most-reviewed facial moisturizer on MUA, and it gets pretty low ratings. Still, I was interested to see that it has very few ingredients compared to a lot of products out there, has no SPF (I use a separate lotion forūthat), and comes with a pump. Texture, color, smell were all blah, but it moisturized fairly well. Problem is, it made my eyes itch and I started to break out after a couple days. Not the worst product in the world, but I'll stick with Biotherm's Aquasource. (PS. I have combo skin that's super sensitive.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Now that there is an oil free version, I don't know how I'd react to it, but when I tried this...it was HORRIBLE!!!! I cannot believe that the SA insisted that this was an okay product from someone like me, with oily, blemish prone, irritated skin. I tried the 3 step system and it took MONTHS for my face to recover after just two weeks use. I will never go back to Clinique for skincare...makeup, yes. Skincare, no.