BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2072 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

Eyes: Violet

although it probably isn't worth the $26 dollars i paid for it, my bottle of benetint is truly one of a kind. since i have yet to see a cheaper version of it by another brand, im sticking wtih this one. the best part about this is that the thin liquid makes application easy and totally natural; it's pretty hard to make a mistake and apply too much. i mixed some of this with high beam and it produced a blushy dewy effect. the color is also a plus - although it would be way too dark for a creme or powder blush, esp. on my pale skin, it's perfect for a liquid. i also have cheekies and i do like benetint much better, unless the occasion calls for heavier makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first started making my forays into make-up (late teens), Benefit seemed like the cutest, hippest line of cosmetics. I plunked down a pretty penny on a number of Benetint products and all of them disappointed.

Benetint is not an inferior product per sae. To use my Silicon Valley vernacular, the price is 'hella inflated'.

Benetint is hard to use, it's concentrated so you have to use very small quantities (a drop or two) which dries up lightning quick. That doesn't give you any time to blend. Blending is key to applying blush (at least, if you don't want to look like Raggedy Ann) so while the color itself is fine, having dried splotches of it on your cheeks is *not*. Also, I had very fair skin when I bought this so it was *really* obvious that Benetint had not blended well. It looked like I had windburn basically.

It's good to know that some people have 'mastered' this products usage. I personally pass, you can definitely find better, cheaper, easier to use blushes.

I like my Benetint a lot... would I buy it again? NO, but I would swap for it again if I have the chance.

I like how verstile it can be, for the cheeks or the lips. I love the 'I've flushed and blushing' look it gives you on your cheeks. I can be hard to use at first if you've never used stains before.

I don't like the glass bottle, and I don't use the brush that comes with it. I like this, but I also like my MAC Pink Lure cheek stain that gives me the same look, and it's portable.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

To hard to apply to red/pink that does not blend well ,nor is it flatering on my warm toned skin.Orgins makes a much better pink and Lorac makes the perfect rose/mauve/pink called Rapture.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

To hard to apply to pink and not longlasting .orgins makes a much betetr pink andwet and wild even has better colors of pink.A huge disappointment.

Benetint is a staple for me, literally a product that I use every single day. It is versatile enough to be used on cheeks and lips (although it does dry out one's lips - I just apply Kiehl's #1 lip balm over it) and it is a stain so it lasts virtually all day.
I apply three "cat whiskers" to each cheek with the brush-on applicator, blend with my fingers (I find that blending with the sponge makes me look like Bobo the clown), and voil´┐Ż, a naturally sexy flush. It might take a few tries before one masters the application, but I definitely think the results are worth it. I used this product all throughout college and even took it to South America as an exchange student (btw, it has never spilled/broken on me, I just close the cap really tight). Benetint used to be a really unique product, but there are so many other alternatives out there now. I definitely think that the product is not worth the money ($24 when I purchased it) because there are so many other options out there, such as Origins Pinch My Cheeks, Philosophy The Supernatural, Tarte, Sonia Kashuk Cheek Sheers, etc. Many of which are better products for the price (especially the Sonia Kashuk).
In fact, a few years ago on a whim, I bought the Wet 'n Wild version of this product, called Ink Stains. The ingredients were exactly the same, the WnW came in a convenient plastic squeeze bottle (not Benetint's clunky glass) and the WnW product actually performed better - all for $2! Benetint was 12 *times* more expensive! Unfortunately, I think WnW discontinued that product, because I haven't been able to find it since. :(
Anyway, a good product that I still use everyday, but not one that I'd repurchase when I run out (this day is years away because my bottle is still 2/3 full!). continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff indeed.Only 1-2 dots can go a long way. I always use it on my cheek.It suddenly make my face look fresh!! Also, I use Benetint before I wear lip stick or lip gloss...very beautiful.

I treid this at the counter. Even though i read so many great reviews in mags, I was still iniminated by the rich color. I put 3 dots on the apples of my cheeks, blended, and got the sexiest flush! However it's extremely expensive and I'm pretty sure there are stains out there that work just as well for less.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm 50-50 on this (what a coincidence, given that it's getting a 50% approval right now). Anyway ... sometimes I feel like Benetint gives me a nice rosy flush, other times I feel like it's just too much trouble. Most of the time it annoys me that the packaging leaks so easily.

Am I the only one here that doesn't get mistaken for Bobo the Clown when they wear this? I promise you, I have mastered the art of makeup application in my 18 years of experimentation, but just can't get this color to look "natural" or "slightly flushed" with my very PPP skin and dark hair. I can tell you that I've seen it on others with medium skintones and somehow, they manage to pull off that "I've been doing the dirty deed all night" look--but me--Ringling Brothers, here I come!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products