April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

I agree with paperskies. Shameless...

On with the review: Yes, a definite must have in your collection. Even if you havenít started a makeup collection, this is one palette that you need to start with. The colors are gorgeous and blend so well together. It takes the guess work out what combo to use. And, you can use one color for an easy day look. I heard that this is a permanent line. So, don't go buying this for more than the actual price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely a must have. Honestly, I'm just glad that I was able to buy this palette at retail price. It's really a shame that certain people have taken it upon themselves to buy out Sephoras entire stock and then put them both on here and Ebay for double and triple the cost. It's not even LE! There are so many girls that have been waiting weeks to get this and it's sad that it keeps selling out due to people being greedy. Shame on you.

25 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm one of those people who has 17 white shirts that are all slightly different, 22 black sweaters...all slightly different...I'm obsessed with "the perfect" neutrals, so when this palette came out I thought the angels were singing. Well, although I rated it a 5, I just returned mine to Sephora today (after lusting after it for MONTHS) and here's why!

First, the good: I had never used UD shadows before and wow, they are amazing quality. Ditto with the eye pencils. All the colors in the palette coordinate beautifully. And as everyone has mentioned, it's amazing value for all you get.

Now, the bad: Since this palette is sold out pretty much everywhere, it's nigh impossible to get your hands on one to swatch before you buy. Yes, I had viewed all the swatches online, but actually putting it on your skin is something different. Sooooo....I was very disappointed at how many of the colors were way too shimmery/satiny for me at over 45. I tried and tried, but the shimmer colors emphasized every little crinkle in my eyelids (that I didn't know I had until I bought this). Yes, there are a few mattes - but I have similar Lancome shades to the mattes that are of similar quality. Overall, it just wasn't working for me. The other issue, as some others have noted, is these colors are VERY warm...I'm quite yellow, but if you have pink undertones I can see that this may not be ideal for you.

I was very sad to return my "baby" to Sephora but if you are also in the 35-plus category, you may want to literally get your hands on this to test before you buy! If you are younger, if you're new to eyeshadow and if you are warm toned, this is an AMAZING buy.

34 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I bought this palette based on so many raves on-line. It is lovely, but there are not enough matte shades to make it perfect. Perfect would include a mid-grey matte shade (which by the way I haven't been able to find anywhere). Blends beautifully, and works on any complection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

I have been using the shadows of this pallet almost daily since July 2010. It's a no brainer pallet mixing any three or two random colours from the pallet will give you a nice look. Most days i use neutral colors so these work very well for me. You can get a natural look by using the matte like naked and buck and virgin as a highlight or dark dramatic looks with the shimmery and glittery colours like creep and gunmetal! There are tons of looks you can create with this pallet! I love this!!! I think this pallet will last me a while but I would prob buy this again once i used up every single colour (Since of course I have other eyeshadows to use up too!)

Oh and this was very expensive in canada $60 but prob a lot cheaper than buying each shadow separately

UPDATE 10/16/2010: i LOVE this still and i've still been only using this pallet since I bought it! I forgot about my other shadows because these ones are soooooooo versatile! I guess the only time i would switch out of this is if i want to do some fancy rainbow coloured lids LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by URBANGAL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous mix of colours and Urban Decay's eyeshadows and primer are seriously amazing- they are so pigmented and stay on like no others

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by t1ffanylynn

This product is a pretty amazing value. It isn't cheap, but for what you get it is a great deal. You get 12 eyeshadows, 2 eyeliners, and a Primer Potion, basically everything you need for eye looks. These colors contain everything from a basic day look to a shimmery going out at night look. I highly recommend this product, especially for people who are just getting started with makeup as this comes with more than just eyeshadow. Hard to come by but worth the wait.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by urth2leesha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like this is the best palette UD has put out, and I have several of them! Now, it hasn't stopped me from buying the Stila Natural Eye palette or the NYX eye palette in Champagne and Caviar. I think I just really enjoy neutral! Anyway, this UD palette is fantastic. Some of the colors exist as singles and in other palettes and some are new. The range of looks one can do is extensive. This is truly an easy pick for a grab and go without thinking. I recommend it for everyday looks--you won't even have to wear the same look in a week!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

So.. I'm split. Blasphemy, I know. I do love this for the value, portability, and versatility. You really can throw this in a suitcase and be set. However, I find it hard to do a truly natural eye, without shimmer or glitter. I know UD is known for some crazy glitterbomb nightmares (hello, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again...) but when I want a really matte natural eye with depth, I have to go to my trusty MAC standbys. I do love the many smokey eyes I can do with this, so it's a keeper, but if you're on the desperate hunt for it, I wouldn't pay anything over retail value. It's a great value but it just didn't blow me away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

I never need to buy another eyesahdow again! Very pigmented stuff and the colours are fun to work with. perfect for everyday and partying too! My only complaint is that sidecar has lots of fallout. I wish it came without the glitter