Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/26/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love all the colors in this palette, sidecar has glitter so it's my least favorite, I love the color but not the glitter...
I still have to work out how to avoid glitter all over my face when I use it !
This palette is really excellent, only thing missing in my opinion is a dark matte brown color, otherwise what a great palette ! You have to get one !

on 11/25/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I FINALLY found this palette to be available at my local Ulta, they just had a small shipment of these and I randomly just went in to buy a lip brush but came out with THIS!! I was overly excited & shock to see this in store, the day BEFORE thanksgiving, and was so thankful to get my hands on this palette as I noticed the store was gearing up for black friday's chaos. Anyway, they had like 4 in stock so I got lucky. I've been waiting for this palette since it came out and it's been sold out since summer. I even had my name on 2 waiting lists (sephora & the urban decay website but no word for nearly a month now); anyway, if you like shimmery, glittery, festive eyeshadows with fun colors and also nudes, this palette is it. Urban decay is known for glittery chunks in their shadows but that is what makes it so fun to play with! You're getting 12 shadows (1 = 17ish dollars) for the price of $44 give a dollar or two for taxes. This is a steal!!! This palette is great for everyday wear and of course night time wear when you're out and about celebrating or having a good night out. The palette itself is sleek and I just love the packaging. I like that it comes with its popular liners, double ended for that matter & their famous primer potion in a mini sized bottle. Better mini size item than what they use to have! This is great for traveling also! Overall, I simply adore this and it's great buttery pigmentation! Total LOVE!

on 11/24/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was really looking forward to loving this palette, and while I do love the range of colors- the quality of the eyeshadows do not compare to my MAC eyeshadows. I absolutely LOVE MAC bc their products blend nicely and last forever..but when I used these eyeshadows, my eyelids get shiny and you can't tell what I did to my eyes except that they are a little darker and It is NOT flattering. It was not worth $50 and the colors are most definitely dupe-able. Mines up for swap

on 11/24/2010 5:05:00 PM

I finally got this a couple weeks ago and I have used it pretty much every day since then. I love all the shades and have created so many gorgeous looks with this palette. I love the 24-7 eyeliner in zero and I will definitely buy a full size when I get through with the trial size.
I thought there was a slight chance that the Naked Palette was overrated, but it lives up to all the hype. It was worth the wait for me.

on 11/24/2010 12:21:00 AM

Almost perfect. Gorgeous pigmented shadows, nice packaging, has the primer and dual pencil liners... I just wish it had more matte shadows!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I could put this on in the dark. Seriously. But knowing me, it'll likely be in the back of a cab or on the subway 'cos I've got that NYC always in a rush thing going on.

I give this high marks because it mixes quality with convenience in a pretty array of colors that go with anything. Sure, it's neutral. Sure, it's not the most exciting. But I don't feel like looking like Siouxsie Sioux most days. Nor do I want to look like I'm wearing makeup when I do wear it, every time I do.

UD eyeshadows are typically not my bag due to glitter fall out and/or their obnoxious coloring. I love brights, but I like them sharp and strong and clean, not dilluted with glitter or filler. They have really earned their stripes with this palette, finally showing that they can do neutrals with style AND quality. This palette is impressive mostly in the fact that it's really all you *need* for eyes in one place, in my opinion. Naked palette's name is misleading because one can easily achieve a smoldering smokey eye with this as well as a no-makeup lid look.

Every shadow is blendable and wearable. The only shade I don't like is Half Baked because it borders on glittery and is a bit too warm for my taste. However, I am grateful that the Naked palette offers both warm and cool options. The pencil, my favorite formula and double sided to boot, makes things that much more convenient.

Buck eyeshadow is a perfect natural brow filler or eyeliner. Naked is the perfect runway-nude lid color in one step. Dark Horse makes the most amazing dirty-girl a la Gia Carangi softly smoldering eye I've ever achieved with a single color. Creep is excellent for a more intense smolder. All the other shades are pretty much mix-and-match touch and go, I don't feel any strong way towards them except grateful to have them on hand.

I am picky, picky, fussy, fussy. I'm a makeup artist and the overload of product I use and have on hand renders me makeupless most days. I just can't be bothered, or I'm tired of seeing color on models I've been putting it on. I love brights and when I *can* be bothered, it's mostly utilizing an avant-garde lip or eye. But generally speaking, I prefer neutrals. I feel silly and old(I'm in my early mid-twenties, so this is particularly ridiculous) wearing these colors most of the time. Hence why I almost never wear makeup. It's a vicious circle. Sure, many companies make neutrals, but they're seldom in the texture or finish I want and/or need, and/or it's a pain in the rear to have them all in one place all the time or carry them easily.

Needless to say, I love this product and shall not be without it on "makeup days" if at all preventable.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I gave in to the hype and got this w/ a birthday GC months ago.

I've used it three times, (other than swatching) and two of those were on my roommate. It's a great value- that many shadows for the price is excellent. The problem, for me, is that the glitter e/s are LOADED with glitter. And not grown-up glitter, either. To be sure, there is a time and a place for OTT e/s, but at my age it just isn't that often enough.

The frosty shadows I can't touch *at all*. They look awful on me. The matte shadows are great.

These are very pigmented eye shadows, which makes them less versatile for me, believe it or not. I prefer shadows that are build-able. with these, your only option for a sheer wash (which is the only was I could get them to work) is to go primer-less. With primer, these colors are damned near opaque. (I've tried every primer that SA and the lovely girls on the MU Board have suggested- no luck.)

I have buyer's remorse on this one (even though it was technically bought with a GC). Boo.

on 11/22/2010 4:46:00 AM

I'm a believer. Really. If these ever come back in stock in stores, I'm buying a backup. There were FOUR of them at ULTA when I bought mine. Boy did I miss an opportunity. Anyway, I'm not very good at doing eyeshadow. I try and I've improved of late, but I'm no pro. This palette is perfect for me because the shadows blend so well and they look good together no matter what colors you use. EVERY color looks good with any given color in the palette. The shadow base is brilliant and I will never be without it now! My shadow stayed perfect all day, even after taking a nap. I love the eyeliner. It glides on and doesn't pull. I really can't believe anyone would call this expensive because when you actually break down how much you get, it's an incredible value and pretty much a steal! I am crazy about this palette and truly think UD has created a cult craze.

on 11/21/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best purchase make-up purchase! Love all the colors! Recommend it!

on 11/21/2010 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I must be the only person here to give a low rating and actually NOT like this product.

I put my name on a list at the downtown Vancouver Sephora and have been waiting since early Aug to get this - just got it last week.

Loved the colors from looking at them
They looked great on the back of my hand
But when it came time to use them, I was disappointed

They arent as smooth as MAC or Makeup Forever
There's way too much fallout from the super glittery colors
My also get irritated with shadows with too much sparkle in them so that is another factor.

Some of the colors are very similar to that of MAC's - by no means am I saying MAC is the best or anything - I just prefer the texture and how it looks on my skin to that of the UD

Really disappointing though since the colors in the palette are so pretty!

I did post on CL for sale so 1 less person has to wait till Feb 2011 to get this item that hasnt even been used just tested!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products