Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/11/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I get the hype. Great for everyday and nights out. If you can get your hands on it, do it. But I would not pay over retail price. They should be back in JAN so just wait it out

on 12/11/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Update 9/30/12: I actually tossed this in the garbage. Too much fall-out, too many shimmery/metallic shades and no matter which colors I used together, I always achieved the same smokey muddy bronzy mess. After a while, I just started to hate this palette. For my eyes, I just prefer matte shades or shades with a slight shimmer. Anything metallic has to go!

_______
I jumped on this band wagon and have no regrets. These eyeshadows are sort of creamy in consistency/texture, go on like a dream and blend beautifully. I love this palette and it was totally worth the $44 or so dollars. The colors are perfect neutrals for work mostly shimmer but some matte. There's a bit of fall out for some of the shades, but nothing unmanageable. Overall, a great product and I would recommend.

on 12/11/2010 12:51:00 AM

I know I can not say very much that hasn't already been said about this palette. It is so versatile and was totally worth the wait. I am very fair, and I am able to use all the colors. I love the 24/7 eye liners, so a double sided one was just a bonus. I love Urban Decay!

I got this palette in August at Ulta after two months of trying to hunt it down at Sephora and Macy's. Ever since I got it I have been reaching for it almost everyday. You can do so many looks with this palette (office appropriate, going out etc). I even used it for a wedding. For $44 I think it's a great deal. The e/s are full size, you get two eyeliners and a mini UDPP. I love the mirror that comes with it but I use my own mirror for application. The e/s are very pigmented. Sidecar has a lot of shimmer so there is major fall out but if applied carefully it's not too bad.

I got this palette right before I went on a week vacation to Aruba. Usually when I travel my make up bag is stuffed. This palette was all I brought for e/s. It's all you really need if you are going to travel light and don't mind using neutrals. I just brought this along with blush, powder,lip gear and brushes. It felt really nice not having to haul around a ton of extra goods on vacation. Especially if you plan on bringing back gifts.

If you haven't gotten around to picking up this palette, then I suggest you get it. It's just a great deal for what you get and so practical. The slim size makes it easy to carry around in your make up bag or traveling. I'm just really happy with this palette and would recommend it to anyone who loves neutral e/s.

on 12/8/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was super excited to get my hands on this when I walked into Sephora a few weeks ago! I was going in for the pro size eye priming potion and saw a few of these sitting on the shelf. I snatched it up and ran to the counter to pay! I've used it a lot and love it!

I have tons (I mean tons) of palettes/singles with colors similar to what is in the NAKED palette. The only ones that even compare to the pigmentation and smoothness of the UD shadows come from my Sedona Lace 88 Metal & 88 Warm palettes. I'd say that metallic & shimmery ones are every bit as good. The matte ones in the UD palette are much better than any other mattes I have. I actually swatched some of them for a post on my blog, if anyone wants to see what I mean. Google NV Beauty. =) I hope this helps!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I finally got my paws on this bad boy.. walked into Ulta and they had several. I was shocked and bought two, one for me and one for my sister. This is a good palette.. but I don't understand the hype once I actually had it. The colors are great, but I was disappointed to find that most of these colors are extremely dupable (NYX Champagne&Caviar/Nude on Nude, Wet "n" Wild Vanity, Maybelline Chai Tea) I am glad I got this, the quality is pretty awesome and it is extremely convenient to have all these colors in one place. But, as far as having it in my hand, I'm not excited to do looks with this because I feel like I've done them a hundred times over with shadows I already have. I'm just comparing this to other UD palettes.. usually, I am super stoked to play around with them. (I realize that other UD palettes contain bold colors unlike this neutral palette.) I've used this twice and hope to use it more. This will probably become my go-to travel palette, the packaging is beautiful and seems to be durable. I guess, all I'm saying, is don't rush to get this. Since it is a permanant palette, everyone will be able to get it. Don't waste extra money on ebay or elsewhere. The price of the palette is rather cheap for all the shades.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love the UDNP! All of the eyeshadows go so well together. The color choices enables me to create dozens of looks!

on 12/7/2010 8:38:00 PM

i honestly love this palette, I really love the color's pay-off and how pigmented they are, ever since I bought this I havent even budged using any of my other eyeshadows. packaging isnt so great, the velvet makes it so much easier to get dirty, but i was into this because of packagging but because of the color range. i find it convinient for travelling as i can only take this palette and go from very neutral natural to very smokey dark eyes.. love love love,

on 12/6/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Never tried UD eyeshadows before and thought this would be nice to give a try out. Long story short -- not a fan of this pallet. The actual package is not that easy to work with - long and narrow. The eye shadows are too crumbly and there is a lot of fall out. The package itself, is an accident waiting to happen. There is no closure to the box, so it is not that good for travelling. Finally, not feeling the colors. While they are 'neutral', overall too much shimmer for my taste. On the other hand if you like shimmer and you haven't tried UD, you may love this palette. I gave mine to a friend and she is loving it.

on 12/6/2010 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why I continue to get sucked into Urban Decay's marketing ploys. Just because a palette is cute doesn't mean I need to buy it! Anyway I am a huge fan of neutral eye looks but not a huge fan of UD's shadows. I find them chalky and not very pigmented, though YMMV as it seems pretty obvious I am in the minority on this. I got on a wait list for this, was so excited to pick it up, raved to my mom about the colors after I swatched them, but then when I put them on my eyes... nothing. Well maybe not nothing, I did feel like a glitterball. I don't know why I can love MAC's lustre's and other glittery shadows but not UD's, but I don't. And because of that this will be the last UD product I buy. So not impressed, which is why I've swapped it. If you liked other UD palettes you'll probably like this and I definitely love looks I've seen other people put together from this palette but there's just something about it that doesn't look right on me.

Popular Palettes

The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches