September 17, 2014 | 756 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by xier27

Best liquid foundation I've used so far! It looks great on camera hence the HD :) Up close it can look a bit cakey but it could be because I'm hasty in putting on foundation. But I have noticed if I use a fix spray like the MAC Fix+ stippled on with 187 on top it it sets in alot more and looks great! Coverage is medium-high, spreads really easily. It does dry out pretty fast so apply faster! Alot of shades to choose from I'm sure it'll be easy to find a good match for just about anyone. Overall, I'm VERY satisfied and do not regret dropping the $40 on this baby. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great color match and didn't break me out. It made me very oily and slid off my face within 4 hours of application. Even when layering, it offered very little coverage over acne spots and scars. Very disappointed since it is marketed as a great foundation with medium to full coverage foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pinktoxic17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I've used so far. My skin has had a lot of imperfections and scars and this foundation masks all of that beautifully. Also, it looks great on camera, hence the "high def" right? I have acne prone skin so I haven't really tried drugstore/cheaper foundations because I'm scared of breaking out. I wish this was a bit cheaper or if there was something like it with a more reasonable price.
*EDIT*
It recently started to make me break out so I changed my foundation to Revlon Colorstay and the breakouts stopped... :( I love the coverage and finish but since I can't use it, it's no use for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mznes

I am an NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus (I am not sure about the liquid) and I use 123 in MUFE HD Foundation. By far, this is the best liquid foundation that I have used and I am on my second bottle! Everything else that I've tried feels too heavy/thick. I like the coverage, how it looks in person and in picture's. I have used the 187, 109 and Sonia Kashuk's Blending Sponge to apply the foundation and love them all! After application, I top it off with MUFE HD Microfinish Powder and I am good to go! It is pretty pricey, but to me, it is well worth it's price. I will continue to re-purchase until I find something "better".

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mabel2026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't need foundation all over so I only use this on my cheeks where I have uneven skintone. I dab it on with my fingers, blend and then go over it with my kabuki brush. Then I lightly dust my whole face with Nars powder foundation. This HD foundation is amazing...gives me absolutely perfect skin. It can go on really sheer or thicker if you need it. Best of all it looks really natural on me and my blush goes on so nicely on top. Plus they have so many colors I was able to find a perfect match.

I don't mind the pump, but do wish they would improve it. The current pump is hard to get just the amount I need, so the best thing I can do for now is to just press the pump very very slowly...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by babyd0llx3

I love love love this. I have tried almost every foundation and this works the best. Reading all the lower lippied reviews I have a feeling people aren't applying this properly. I use one to two pumps now that I have blemishes but one is usually enough. Using the kabuki from MUFE you have to buff buff buff. It dries quickly so if you are experiencing flakiness, make sure you're doing section by section (cheek to ear and temple x2 and then your forehead) before going all over. The best app comes with the 187 from MAC, where you MUST stipple. If you're not using the 187 to stipple, then you might as well take up another brush because that's what it's for. It was 100 the other day here in Texas, I was sweating and the makeup just got dewy, it did not budge or run. It also does not wipe off to touch. Give it another try ladies, seriously :) Those who got broken out might want to try the lighter consistency with the Face & Body and see if that's a better pick for them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product...however I do feel I have not been liking this often as much these days; even after using the mac 187...Kinda gives me a dry look. I was awed the very first time I used it. Gave me a flawless lifted look. I am very inclined to take away 2 lippies but am reconsidering as with a sponge this goes on very smooth. I also think I can go a tad lighter on the shade. It did feel like my right shade when I first got it though! Compared to the Estee lauder Double wear; this is just mediocre. With my ES I look more glowy. But the MUFE foundation does cover wrinkles and gives a nice lifted look..I only wish this lasted on my face better...seems to wear off fast. But its ok..let the 4th lippie stay..its not all that bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by KarenI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. #115 is my perfect shade for my fair/pink undertones skin color.
This color is so perfect for me that it disappears into my skin!! The coverage is fantastic also, love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by ssantoni

I love this foundation! I've been using this for over a month and I've used it in Bangkok, Vietnam and the Philippines when my husband and I went on vacation. I was worried it would slide off my skin given the humid climate in Asia but it worked out really well and the photos (even the really close up ones) were amazing even though I sweated a lot! When I have to dab tissue on my face because of sweat/oil, a little wipes off on the tissue but my face still looks great. I don't recommend this for people who need a lot of coverage though. I think this is ideal for people who want to even out their skin tone or need to cover small blemishes. BTW, this gives a dewy look after it has settled so I use a little MUFE Mat Bronze shade O which goes great with my #123 foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by leylynn82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like how a little goes a long way with this foundation. Two pumps of foundation on my palm and it covers my entire face! It even does a great job of covering my dark circles (although I do need additional concealer though not much). It lasts long and makes me even more photogenic!