April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by sweetreds639

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When you first apply it, it is beautiful, matte and your skin looks like silk but after 2 or 3 hours your skin looks oily...Would not repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by bex9

This did not work for me at all. I was talked into buying it by a pushy SA at Sephora (I'm so weak I know), and I don't think she listened to a word I said. I have acne-prone combination skin, not overly oily but not overly dry either, though I know with summer approaching I will become more oily. I wanted something that could handle the oil with minimum fuss and minimum touchups, and most importantly I wanted longwearing. This failed miserably on both accounts. It looks oookay for the first 2 hours, maybe 3 tops, then it's grease city. And for those first 3 hours it just looks OK, not great. In natural lighting while the colour looked ok (the colour selection was pretty good), the texture just sits on top of your skin and is very obvious. Then everytime you go to give someone a hug, or throw on a scarf, or talk on your cell phone it just smears right off. EW! And talk about embarrassing. If you have dry skin and an inactive lifestyle and have the time to touch-up your makeup all day then maybe this will work for you. Oh and I also was talked into buying the corresponding primer which did nothing to help this foundation's oil control or lasting power. I also tried this foundation with my fyrinnae rice powder primer which has awesome oil control abilities and even with that I think the foundation looked bad and it's going back to Sephora. And I hope I see that pushy SA again, because I really would like to tell her what I think of this junk, and just how far off she was from what I really need. Next I may try the matte velvet. Until then Revlon Colourstay for normal/dry skin is waaay better than this, and better than most other foundations I've tried... which is a long list, many of which cost about 3x the colourstay...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had really high hopes for this... very disappointing. It pooled in my pores horribly, and I don't usually have that problem. I tried it with and without the HD primer, and it made no difference. Didn't last long on me and got really oily. Maybe I would have liked the coverage more if I had layered it, but I didn't try layering it because of the pores issue. $45 for that? Yuck. I will say that the color match was nice, and the bottle is very classy looking, (though I really don't care about packaging)!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by aznbebebabe

This is a pretty nice foundation. They have a large range of colors too.

The nice thing about this foundation is it does not settle into my giant pores. It gives good coverage without looking heavy. And you only need a little bit to to cover your entire face. Also, I like the container, very sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this product. I think it's a good product, but lately I'm finding liquid foundations to be a bit too messy for me. Also, the color match is good, but not perfect. In order for me to keep purchasing, I need a perfect match-especially for this price! I may buy it again someday, but not anytime soon. I'm sticking with pressed powder for spring and summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by blueangel1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blends well and goes on smoothly. great coverage! This lasts all day for me. Only minor prob for me is that my face doesn't need much coverage so it feels a tad 'heavy' for me. Other than that, I like the foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jasroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a member of Makeupalley for over 7 yrs now and have never posted a review.... I just used it for my knowledge of skincare, and yes, makeup. I, being a guy, wear makeup to cover up purple under eyes, acne scars, and so on.... My challenge? to find and use makeup that makes me look flawless wihtout the hint of clue that I'm wearing it..... so HUGE challenge! :)

a little history.... I'm combo skin... generally oily in the summer and combo dry in the winter. Due to my acne treatments and nightly BHA exfoliations my face is a full shade lighter than my body so major dilema there heheh...

lately I had been using MAC's Studiofix powder in NC25... which was a good match... a happy medium between my face and neck area.... could of been a little bit more yellow though (esp when it would oxidize) The reason for the switch... studiofix=no coverage... & accentuated dry patches which I wasn't too eager to put more moisturizer on.....

So I ordered the HD foundation in 118 (consulting with sephora rep, recomended this) and I did also buy the HD Powder...

I apply it with my MAC 187 brush.... and OH MY GOD!!!... the finished and blending is more than amazing!..... stipple it on and then in circular motion blend it all in.... I didn't even apply on my neck... I just took what was left over my brush and brushed it lightly and a perfect match....

Now keep in mind that I'm a guy and I usually have a 5 oclock shadow at noon ! :) and it's didn't even settle or pool in the bearded area!!! which is why I've always strayed from liquid....

I then applied my regular concealors, countouring powder, and bronzer... then to finish with the HD powder..... perfect!...

now it's only been a couple of days of wearing so abviously it's new... and the real deal will be if it breaks me out.... if it doesn't (and I'll update if it does) it'll be a constant HG!!!!

I am so excited about this product that I just felt like reviewing after 6 yrs of being on here :)

I ordered 117 as well to come to see if it's just a little bit lighter and more yellow.... then I'll make a decision as to which matches best and return one... or keep them both and one might be summer and the other winter! :)

Hope this review was helpful.... if you have any questions... just msg me

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loooooooove this foundation! I definitely have not had the problems that other reviewers found...on me this lasts all day and it looks really good even after a long day. I also love how 110 is the perfect shade for me...it disappears on my skin and even though it looks very naturual it still somehow covers well...and if I have any blemishes or minor imperfections, I just apply a tiny bit of concealer before I put my foundation on and my skin looks FLAWLESS! I also don't use the primer or the powder that you are suppose to so the foundation works fine without them, but I do think it's good to set it with some sort of powder.

Anyway I definitely recommend this foundation...especially if you are very very pale with pink undertones because 110 will be your PERFECT shade!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product seems to be one of those things that people either love or hate. I think it must be very reactive to different types of skin..unfortunately it didn't react well to my skin. First, the color was wrong (117, I think I needed 115), so that didn't help. Other than being too yellow (which doesn't affect my rating), it looked really good at first, but then it would seperate and sort of melt off my T-zone, which was weird because I don't have oily skin. I see the potential in HD because sometimes it looked really pretty on me. At least for about 3 hours. :) At any rate, I'd suggest that you try it, because you might have the 'right' skin for this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Love This Stuff. So much so I would have never tried the new Studio Sculpt foundation if the MAC MA hadn't put it on me. Anyways as far as I am concerned, I'm done. I've found my HG. I will probably wear mineral foundation in the hot summer months, but it's MUFE all the way for me from now on.

I have mixed Golden Red undertones, that are beautiful to me, but difficult to match. This foundation not only had my undertones, but has them in two colors (175) and (180).

It's got great coverage, but it's still light and I'm really sensitive to heavy foundation coming from wearing MMU. It's moisturizing. I have dry skin and my skin actually feels a bit better after wearing it. It builds well and to be honest the quality of the foundation is so amazing you'll get great results no matter how you apply it. I generally use my 187 or 109, but I've touched up with my fingers and sponges and it blends perfectly that way as well.

My only beef with this foundation is that it doesn't really "set" to it transfers a lot on me. More than what I would consider normal.

*For reference I hate Studio Fix Fluid. I think it's too heavy and cakey. Studio Fix Fluid also has that chemical make up smell and MUFE is oderless. I wasn't impressed by Studio Sculpt. It didn't do anything for my skin, it could have been drug store.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No