April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by dextera3

I really wanted to love this moisturizer...but I don't. My mom has used Clinique toner and moisturizer for 20+ years and swears by it, so I thought I would give it a try. It is too greasy and doesn't absorb into my skin the way I would like it to. Even 6 hours after putting it on, my face still feels greasy! The lotion doesn't feel all that thick when I'm putting it on, but for some reason it just doesn't absorb. It was worth a try, but I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I can see why others may hate this moisturizer: it's thick and greasy! Even my dryish mom hate it and passed it to me. After some time, I finally found a "better" way of applying this: use just as little as possible, let it sink in for some time, and massage what is left into the skin. I found it not too greasy if I work this way. Moreover, when I was using this, I was on acne medication which is very drying and ruin my skin textures (because my pores will dilate if my skin is dry). Putting the anti-acne on top of this moisturizer is proven effective to maintain smooth and clear skin. I also love to put this at night when my skin is dryish, in the morning I'll wakeup with calmer and more hydrated skin. Even though it's not very expensive, this is a very basic moisturizer. 4 lippies is given because even though it's basic, it seems to be the only basic moisturizer to be able smooth my skin and keeps it hydrated. Might buy again though, even if it may not be regularly. EDIT: I got this in a GWP, and to my suprise it's light and much thinner in consistency, so it's more readily absorbed, but still just as moisturizing. It's much more pleasing to use now. When I'm at home, I sometimes use this underneath Superdefense. Initially it gives me super smooth skin glowing that Superdefense alone cannot give me, though later it doesn't really do anything more.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by dvf_diva

This stuff is waaaaay to thick to use on my thin&sensitive face skin, but I have usper-sensitive skin: I will break out if DH puts moisturizer on his face and just touches his cheek to mine! However, I have found that DH can use DDM on his face and my facial skin will react better to it than any other stuff he puts on his face (so I just can't apply DDM directly to mine own face).
    Upside though: I found that all my extra DDM works well on my crocodile-skin legs; of all the stuff I use, this stuff really helps keep them looking hydrated. Even my 85-year old grandfather likes it on his face in the wintertime. :)
    For reference, my preferred facial moisturizer is the water-based H20 Face Oasis, which looks like gel. That is the thickest stuff my skin can handle on a daily basis without breaking out, so this review is most relevant for others with hypersensitive skin (I have very mild rosacea as well). continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this and hate it at the same time. I love it because its the ONLY moisturizer that makes my skin feel perfectly hydrated and balanced, soft and supple, and not greasy in the least. Its also fairly inexpensive for a department store brand ($22 for 4.2 oz pump). BUT. I hate it because it breaks me out SO BADLY. We're talking clusters of sore bumps. Not whiteheads, not blackheads, but the deep painful kind, and they'll show up in a fury about a week and a half after I start using it. And they wont STOP forming until about 2 weeks after I STOP using it. And then they have to heal, which takes another couple weeks. And then the hyperpigmentation takes another month to fade. What a mess. I really do wish this worked for me. I know the culprit: its the mineral oil. Because I get the same severe acne reaction with ANYTHING that contains this much mineral oil. Its such a shame, because I have the right skin type for it (normal/dry), and it feels so great on my skin. Another downside is that theres nothing dramatically different about it - theres not even sunscreen. No antioxidants either. I wish it didnt break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2006 4:19:00 AM More reviews by nupix

I hate it. This lotion was the reason for me to never again buy anything from Clinique. It is very oily on my already oily skin, it practically drips from my face. Thankfully it did not give me breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a Clinique freebee, and it is NOT for oily skin. It felt like an oil slick in the T-zone. It is far too heavy (which is strange because it is so thin and runny) and oily for oily skin types. After using it a few times on my face, my skin felt congested, but thankfully I did not get breakouts. I only used it on the back of my hands (which can handle the oilier texture). This stuff also goes bad very quickly, so the remainder of the bottle got tossed. I have never tried the gel/oil-free version of this, but I may in the future. As for this lotion, I will not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

i can't believe these ratings are (this) high....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by carluna

This is one of those products i do not feel compelled to buy but do not mind using if i find it lying around. I dipped into my mom's kit for this. But its not worth the price. This did not provide sufficient moisturizing that I needed for my dry cheeks. It was too greasy for my T-zone. not for combination skin. Packaging is God awful. Its runny and the opening is toooo big. Its just a plain ol mouth. More than once Ive had to use this product on my body because i poured too much. Tsk tsk. what a waste. 2 lippies though because if i massage it onto my cheeks (and my cheeks alone), it did make a noticeable, albeit NOT dramatic, difference. Woudlnt waste my money on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetness39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am new to this site and I noticed that there were a lot of complaints about the DDML, the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and the complaints mainly stated that this produst made them break-out, and Im definately not denying that it would. It is for normal-dry skin types, not for oily skin at all!! The moisturizer for that is the DDMG, Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL... I am someone who has always battled acne, and this moisturizer works wonderfully with my skin. I am also an esthetician and I have been educated on MANY different skin care lines. I do not however agree with the Clinique 3-step regimen that they push so hard. I would like to apologize to all of you whose skin was damaged by this product, and I dont know who recommended or how you were recommended for the DDML, but I would suggest the DDMG in its place! But as an esthetician I know that there is not one product out there that is going to help all, so with that I wish you guys the best of luck in finding what you gives you the results you need & deserve.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2006 5:53:00 AM More reviews by marytylermoore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The old packaging is bad as it is hard to dispense the product - the lid must be taken off and it is poured from a bottle.

It doesn't cause my pimples and provides light hydration. For more intense hydration, I use Garnier Fresh Moisturising Fluid.

The new pumps should be helpful, but may prevent the last 5% from being removed from the bottle.

I can still add tea tree oil to this to make an effective pimple treating moisturiser.