November 1, 2014 | 815 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by carluna

This is one of those products i do not feel compelled to buy but do not mind using if i find it lying around. I dipped into my mom's kit for this. But its not worth the price. This did not provide sufficient moisturizing that I needed for my dry cheeks. It was too greasy for my T-zone. not for combination skin. Packaging is God awful. Its runny and the opening is toooo big. Its just a plain ol mouth. More than once Ive had to use this product on my body because i poured too much. Tsk tsk. what a waste. 2 lippies though because if i massage it onto my cheeks (and my cheeks alone), it did make a noticeable, albeit NOT dramatic, difference. Woudlnt waste my money on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetness39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am new to this site and I noticed that there were a lot of complaints about the DDML, the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and the complaints mainly stated that this produst made them break-out, and Im definately not denying that it would. It is for normal-dry skin types, not for oily skin at all!! The moisturizer for that is the DDMG, Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL... I am someone who has always battled acne, and this moisturizer works wonderfully with my skin. I am also an esthetician and I have been educated on MANY different skin care lines. I do not however agree with the Clinique 3-step regimen that they push so hard. I would like to apologize to all of you whose skin was damaged by this product, and I dont know who recommended or how you were recommended for the DDML, but I would suggest the DDMG in its place! But as an esthetician I know that there is not one product out there that is going to help all, so with that I wish you guys the best of luck in finding what you gives you the results you need & deserve.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2006 5:53:00 AM More reviews by marytylermoore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The old packaging is bad as it is hard to dispense the product - the lid must be taken off and it is poured from a bottle.

It doesn't cause my pimples and provides light hydration. For more intense hydration, I use Garnier Fresh Moisturising Fluid.

The new pumps should be helpful, but may prevent the last 5% from being removed from the bottle.

I can still add tea tree oil to this to make an effective pimple treating moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by as8566

I like this moisturizer. I confess I have never purchased it before; I always used the samples with the free gift and they lasted forever. I have oily blemish prone skin and this never bothered me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by rawrrawrrawramy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized. I only use it at night though. You don't need much product either. This has not broke me out and it does not burn my skin and I have moderately sensitive skin. I may buy this if I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2006 10:00:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually praise Clinique for their skincare items, but not this time. I have recently got 4 cystic pimples and they are bad. This has never happened almost at the same time. I get breakouts moderately, but rarely cystic ones. This lotion had to be the culprit because it was the only thing I really changed in my skincare routine. I also got clogged pores. I'll never use this product again! The oils and the fact this lotion doesn't absorb good makes this an unappealing product, especially for acne-prones.

------
    Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Mineral Oil (paraffinum liquidum), Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Tea Stearate, Gylceryl Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dalenna

When I was in high school, this lotion used to turn my face into an erupting volcano, but I had oily/acne proned skin back then. Now I'm in my mid-twenties and have combination dry skin, this lotion is working out pretty well for me. Contrary to the many bad reviews here, I find the lotion non-greasy and it absorbs almost immediately upon application for me. It doesn't oil slick my face either. May be it's just one of those things you either hate or love. Will definitely repurchase in my case.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2006 10:14:00 PM More reviews by normalgirlnyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

pretty much a marketing scam. i can't believe this has been so popular for so many years. it's greasy, smells like medicine and if you actually take time to look at the ingredients, it's pretty much vaseline and oil. doesn't do anything for moisturization but peculiar it makes the skin so greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2006 7:38:00 AM More reviews by irinka06

It's really awful. My skin gets completely irritated and ichy just after getting it on. Just a waste of such amount of money!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 10:27:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

This is a decent moisturizer. What I like about is it's not oily. The no fragrant smell is nice as well