BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2056 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 8/8/2003 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff indeed.Only 1-2 dots can go a long way. I always use it on my cheek.It suddenly make my face look fresh!! Also, I use Benetint before I wear lip stick or lip gloss...very beautiful.

on 8/7/2003 5:29:00 PM

I treid this at the counter. Even though i read so many great reviews in mags, I was still iniminated by the rich color. I put 3 dots on the apples of my cheeks, blended, and got the sexiest flush! However it's extremely expensive and I'm pretty sure there are stains out there that work just as well for less.

on 8/7/2003 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm 50-50 on this (what a coincidence, given that it's getting a 50% approval right now). Anyway ... sometimes I feel like Benetint gives me a nice rosy flush, other times I feel like it's just too much trouble. Most of the time it annoys me that the packaging leaks so easily.

on 8/6/2003 3:59:00 PM

Am I the only one here that doesn't get mistaken for Bobo the Clown when they wear this? I promise you, I have mastered the art of makeup application in my 18 years of experimentation, but just can't get this color to look "natural" or "slightly flushed" with my very PPP skin and dark hair. I can tell you that I've seen it on others with medium skintones and somehow, they manage to pull off that "I've been doing the dirty deed all night" look--but me--Ringling Brothers, here I come!

on 8/5/2003 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Benetint gives me the best natural looking flush in town. It's easy to apply as long as your skin isn't dry. The best cheek tint I've ever used.

At first glance this rose colored bottle looks like nail polish with a sweet rosy scent. But inside you will find the most perfect blush in the world! It glides on and smears in with a sponge or fingers. I am truly happy and although the $26 pricetag appears steep you will impressed with the length of time this lasts. I have had mines almost 3 years and it is about 3/4 full! Talk about sweet!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic product and a worthy splurge. All through high school, my best friend and I lusted after Benetint because it was all over the fashion magazines. We were hesitant to buy it because it really is very expensive (at around $26 plus tax). Well, I finally took the plunge, and boy, am I ever glad! I love it as a blush. It gives you a healthy nordic look - like a snow queen. I wear it on my lips as well. I find that because my lips are already deep pink, I need to apply a couple coats, letting the stain sink in before reapplication. It gives you a pretty stained look, but can also emphasize the cracks in your lips and make them look a tad dry. I happen to like that look sometimes - the wrinkly lip look is very Angelina Jolie. It also looks nice with the matching lip balm, which combats the wrinkles as well, giving your lips a slightly plumper, smoother look. However, my favourite lip look is Benetint with a light coat of The Body Shop's Born Lippy Last Strawberry lip balm.

Some minor caveats: the nail polish style brush is a touch annoying. I find myself using it to smear a wash of colour onto my cheeks, since dainty, ladylike dabs does nothing for my complexion. You also need to blend very quickly lest you end up with round, red porcelain doll style cheeks - unless of course, you're going for that scarlet feverish, victorian-era streetwalker look. And you will get red fingers - or at least I do, since for some reason, I didn't get a blending sponge with my purchase!

on 7/28/2003 4:15:00 PM

Benetint smells super-yummy, like fresh roses. Color is like beetjuice. Is a liquid in a glass bottle and NOT good for travel. (Not only did the bottle leak on a flight, but then I dropped it on a tile floor which shattered the glass and splashed the color all over pants!) Otherwise, a must-have product!

on 7/25/2003 12:25:00 PM

I love the color Benetint gave, but the application process was just too engrossing for me and blush. I liked it over bare skin or tinted moisturizer, but when I wear foundation it can get blotchy. I liked the color on my lips, so I do use the Benetint..a lot. I discovered the Tarte gel blush stick in Flush and had much better results.

on 7/25/2003 6:25:00 AM

Benetint is really the perfect color for me. I just wish it came in gel form (ala Vincent Longo or Philosophy Supernatural lip & cheek stains). I like the rose scent much better than VL (vanilla) and a little better than Supernatural (pomegranate).

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products