October 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

OMG this arrived yesterday in the post! I had to get my gf from London to buy it for me and then send it over to me in Australia! It worked out to be AUS$50 inlcuding postage :) i think thats a total bargain seeing as people from the US are paying $44 and in australia they love jacking up the price 2x or 3x! and its crazy since our dollar is pretty much on par with the US!
Omg is all i can say, the colours are amazing, so many beautiful neutrals with a good mix of matte and shimmer. But its not overly glittery! woo!!!!! and the texture hooley dooley!! these colours are probbably the most pigmented eyeshadows i own! They are far superior to laura mercier and my becca eyeshadows come a very close 2nd. But wow! I have sin on my lids and smog on my crease and virgin on my brow. I actually had to blend out the colours to tone them down because they are that pigmented!! wowowowo! Ok i know i only have used them twice but wowowow! ladies buy it! i mean $50 is a bragin for 12 eyeshadows and they are a good size! i doubt u would be hitting pan anytime soon! Was thinking about the stylish smokes range as eveyone kept going on about them but who wants crappy flimsy plastic packaging?? Also in Aus those stlish smokes are about $14 so if i got 3 of them that would be the same price as my urban decay! I quite liek the pakaging it looks sleek BUT Velvet will be a b*tch to clean! i know its going to pick up powder everywhere. Havent tried the primer potion but i have only heard good things about it. Pencils seem very good too! BUY IT!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by cpagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all the hype of this product, I gave in. It was on Ulta a few days ago for a very short period of time. I was one of the lucky ones that snatched it up before they quickly sold out again. I never saw this in person, so I wasn't too worked up when it came in the mail today. Opened it up and ohhhhhhh my! BEAUTIFUL!!! I love love love the colors. The shimmer is real nice but not too over the top. I work in a professional office so I can't go to work with glitter all over. This is not glitter. So many color choices...absolutely beautiful! They blend soooo nice. All my eye shadows I have now are from MAC. I can tell you it will be a looong time before I wear MAC eyeshadow again. UD makes some NICE eye shadow! If you find this, definitely get it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Rachaell

Ok I hate to be in the minority here but for me this was somewhat of a disappointment. I personally love urban decay and own several of the singles in the shimmers and mattes. I also own the deluxe palette. I can honestly say that I find that these shadows are NOT the same quality as the others. On my skin, it fades unusually quickly and even using the primer potion doesn't help. For example, my half baked in the single pot is much richer in color, is creamier, and spreads easier. In my opinion its better to just invest in the singles over time and get the quality that urban decay is known for. I'm Mac NC 45 for reference.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually had to put my name on a waiting list at my local Ulta to get my happy lil hands on this magnificent palette and BOY AM I EVER GLAD I DID! I adore this palette!! The packaging is sleek and velvety smooth. It comes with a mini primer potion and double sided liner. I actually really love the Whiskey side...it's a very unique liner shade..a beautiful rich brown with red undertones. The Zero side is ok, but personally I like the Milani Liquifeyes liner in Metallic Black better. Other than that, the shadows are all incredibly high quality and creamy in application. You can pull off the most neutral looks as well as the most dramatic, smoky looks for evening. The shadows blend like butter, no joke! It's pretty interesting that 2 of the colors are very similar to my Mineral Magic Bayou Chic Collection..particularly Shrouded and Virgin as well as Crow and Creep. Go figure!! :):) All in all, this is an amazing palette and I can't recommend it enough. These palettes are increasingly difficult to find so snatch one up if you get a chance! Don't let this deal pass you by! The retail price is an amazing deal for such good sized, decadent quality eye shadows. The primer and liners are fantastic perks as well! LOVE IT!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by melyssab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recieved this in the mail after ordering it from ULTA.com. (It was unbelievably hard to find instores!!!) I've sampled it before and I LOVE these shadows!! Beautiful colors (with great pigment) and texture is very smooth. You get 12- .05oz shadows, a double-ended eye pencil (black/brown) ea. color is .02oz and a mini primer potion, .13oz. $44 sounds expensive but for everything you get, I think it's reasonable. If you have a chance to grab this, I'd TAKE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by underthepink3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ah the big bad Naked Palette. What's to add that hasn't already been said? For some reason I'm still compelled to give my two cents. :)
I am, like many other women a busy twenty something mommy who prefers understated yet feature enhancing neutrals for my everyday life. Now, don't get me wrong. I adore UD for they're stunning color enriched eyeshadows just as much as the next gal and can't find myself resisting them. I have quite the colorful collection between my 2 BOS and sustainable palette. But on a day like this, (which really, is a pretty regular sort of day) I just can't bring myself to cover my eyes in oh let's say midnight cowboy rides again, (cause we all love to hate that glitter bomb) feeling like my first grader's teacher is going to take me seriously at the parent teacher's conference tonight. Or my one year old's pediatrician. Or just the grocery store. Of course not all of these magical shadows are glitterbombs but most are. And I adore them all but I simply can't justify wearing them...often. If at all. That's where the Naked Palette enters. I feel neutral pretty but never boring! The reason why I only gave this a four is because I think we all could of used a non frosty highlight color and a matte black. But who am I to demand naked perfection? Poor thing already apears to be suffering from some sort of mange...all of the pretty gold lettering and brown velvet are rubbing off and collecting various other makeup products on it even though I have been very careful. Alas.. I love you the way you are, naked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

Ok I did it, I FINALLY bought this palette. I really was not going to, I've looked at it a few times at Sephora and left empty handed. I guess I really did not think it was to die for or really THAT special. I did go back and forth several times unable to decide if I'd get it. Finally I got the email last week that 1 was in stock for me from UD. I had 48 hours to order it or miss out. My husband told me to order it, he said he was tired of hearing about it lol. Anyhow, I did order it and I do love it. The only thing that really irked me was after all that waiting, 4 or so colors had been swatched by someone's fingers. What the hay? It's was actually quite annoying and I thought about exchanging it for a new one but I was very afraid I would never get it, so I dealt with it. My favorite colors are sidecar, toasted and sin! Love that combo but all the colors are great. I only wear neutrals so to me this is a must. I love that I can take this on a trip and have so many eye combo's in 1, plus the sleek packaging with 2 eyeliners and a eye primer? To me, most of the colors are dupeable, but you will never find 12 full sized shadows plus the other items for this price. Great deal! I will def be getting another. So yes, I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 6:51:00 AM More reviews by jod84

i'm so lucky to have got this Palette being as they sold out every where but i'm so so happy with all the colours ive been wearing them every day since i got the Palette 2 weeks ago there beautiful colours. i'm going to be really sad when i use all of the sidecar up :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by AsatsuyaBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually don't really like this palette. The packaging is soft, and nice feeling. and I like the Gun-metal color... but. The colors are SOOOO boring. I mean. I was at least hoping some of these colors would have like an interesting iridescence... like UD's "Lounge" single shadow. a Very pretty neutral looking color with a teal sheen. It was awesome! I was hoping this palette would be more, wildly cool neutrals. Still Neutral but interesting color... I mean... these are just different shades of brown... I should have not bought this because I'm someone who likes unique things... and this left me disappointed... very disappointed. However I do have something nice to say... Virgin is awesome, and I am a forever fan of Sin, and Toasted... But I have these shades already in my Ammo palette, and Preen shadow box... so this palette isn't my Holy Grail... but I know someone who will love it, and I'm going to give it to her for christmas. I was planning on getting her one anyway, so this isn't a total loss for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by beccalee79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Where can i get this naked palette in Australia?? I need to have it!! :)