November 27, 2014 | 1283 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this palette., i've had it now for a little over a week and haven't worn the same color combination yet!
Will definately buy a backup when supply catches up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very, very happy I finally got to purchase this. I follow Urban Decay on Twitter and two weeks ago they tweeted that the palette was available on Ulta's website. I had to snap it up immediately. :) Sure enough, a few days later, it was sold out.

The eye shadows, primer and liners are fantastic quality, and the palette itself is an excellent value. I've heard good things about the primer and it really does help my shadow last all day. As for the 24/7 liners, I have a love/hate relationship with them, so I wouldn't say they're the best liners ever. As for the shadows, I'm having such a good time mixing new combinations - I try to do something different everyday. My favorite shades are those I reach for daily: Toasted, Hustle, Sin and Smog. I like the shimmery shades the best, the glitters (like Sidecar) the least. Sidecar is such a great color, but I'm NOT a fan of the glitter. BTW, Cover Girl's Tapestry Taupe is an exact dupe without glitter and one of my HG shades.

All in all, I highly recommend this palette. I'm a big fan of neutral eye makeup and there are so many options with this. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I waited weeks on the waiting list for this item and was finally able to purchase it through Urban Decay. After about a week of use I'm pretty disappointed with my purchase.

The shadows are lousy, most crease and then blend into one muddy shimmery mess by noon, leaving your eyelids greasy looking. I used primer and I know it's not my technique since I don't have this issue with any other eye shadows (even the UD singles) in my collection. The colors are also too warm for my skin tone. I'm not a fan of the 24/7 liners (smudge city) so I didn't even test the ones that came with the palette. The packaging is also not so great, the velvet coating of the palette picks up everything and just looks gross after awhile. You have to use a lint roller on it regularly.

As for the pros, this palette is a refreshingly good value. If the shadows work for you, it is a great buy. I personally liked Sin and Darkhorse and will consider purchasing those in single form. I luckily was able to sell this palette for what I paid for it, so nothing lost.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by dungeh55

I loooooove this palette! I dont own alot of mac or UD eyeshadows yet (I say yet because im quickly becoming addicted) and I think this palette has been a great starter for me. It has all the basics I need to create lots of different looks! I bought this at the same time as I bought the book of shadows 3 so I have all the bright colours in that one if I fancy a pop of colour! :) I would have to say that virgin is by far the best colour in the palette and Im nearly running out already!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by itzjusscc

--- I got this a couple of days ago after buying it from Ulta online. I was really looking forward to it because of all the hype, but when I finally saw it for myself and experimented with it, it thought it was just average. bleh.

--- Packaging- Soo classy, i love how it looks & feels. BUT the velvet is already rubbing off. I can tell the gold lettering might rub off soon too. Is it just me or did i get a bad batch? (I think Ulta sent me a used one. eww)

--- I used the UD Primer Potion, and the eyeshadow I used from this palette still creased. (I'm a long time user of UDPP)

--- I like this palette BUT there are equally pigmented eyeshadows out there that are not so fall-out-y like some of these in this Naked Palette. Which is why I wouldn't buy again.

--- I do love the fact that Urban Decay put 12 sexy neutrals in one palette. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by blndiee06

Can I say that this is the BEST palette EVER?!?!

I am a huge neutrals fan and it seems as if this was made for me! Every shadow is super easy to blend and they all seem to work together, there are endless combinations!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by fabs162

I put my name on the urbandecay.com waiting list a month ago and I finally got an email letting me know they had a palette for me and once it came in the mail I was in love!!! The colors are beautiful extremely pigments and smooth as butter! I only wear eye shadow on special occasions so I don't own very many and getting 12 eyeshadows for 44$ sounded great! There are so many looks you can do with this palette from a nude eye to a smoky look, if you can get your hands on it buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette! Been using it everyday! Great for work or a night out. All colors are gorgeous. Didn't really want to get it but i saw sample at sephora and tested all colors. texture is so smooth, it's easy to apply and the double ended liner is great too, goes on smooth. will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Lizziex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not a makeup person, I usually just wear eyeliner on my upper waterline and sometimes liquid eyeliner and mascara. So this palette is perfect for when I put makeup on for special occasions and such. I love that it comes with a pretty good sized primer potion and the double ended eyeliner. I've never used a brown eyeliner so it was a very nice touch!
I have a couple other UD palettes - the deluxe one and a smaller one with a flower design..i can't remember what it's called. The shadows are at least twice the size of the shadows in those palettes! And for only $52 (w/shipping) it's really a great deal since you get the primer and the eyeliner. I think I paid $40 for the deluxe palette!
The thing I love most about this palette is that the glitter in the glitter shadows doesn't get all over your face, hair, hands, and clothes. Some glitter does fall out but not as much as other UD shadows i've tried :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by JennySG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not much to add that hasn't been said about Naked Palette.
If you don't have it GO NOW AND GET IT! It's that good.