December 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My first venture into urban decay. Shadows are silky and glow like creme eyeshadow which is very cool. This is a steal for $44. 12 shadows all together, easy to mix and match, duo liner in basics black and brown shades. It's hard to go wrong with this one. I love neutrals and even though I own more shadows that any one has a right to I have to say that this palette has a very fresh take on the entire neutral spectrum. I wouldn't mind a second highlighter shade in this palette but not a big deal. Shadows blend like a dream and I do like the glowy look of them. I don't know that cool toned girls would like this because I few of the shadow lean warm or are warm. Basic neutrals, few mattes in the lighter colors, pinkish neutrals, gold neutrals, bronze neutrals, browns and gray/black shades. One is a glitter shade (sidecar) and I love to run that over the entire eye once I'm done. I don't get fallout from the shade and I do not use UDPP though I did get a small travel size in my palette set. Overall this is a deal and great quality. I would buy it again and I love having 12 shades at the ready in an easy to use/store palette that takes you from day to nightlife.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by karen412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this palette!!! I use this everyday. If I ran out, I would probably buy another one in a heartbeat. This made me LOVE UD eyeshadows. Now I can't wait to get all the UD eye shadows ie. Book of Shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by beibeilei

Beautiful palette! I have been using it since it came out and I still reach for it a few times a week! The colors are gorgeous...blend well and very pigmented. The packaging is very elegant too except the gold that traces the word "naked" is flaking off cause I threw it in my purse a few times. Overall, I love this palette. I think it's very well worth the price.

ps. many more positives have been mentioned many times in previous reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lalahellohwru

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE IT SAVE ME FROM BUYING EYESHADOWS IN SINGLES EYESHADOW AND INTO BUYING THIS CUTE PALETTE I MUST SAY URBAN DECAY DID A GOOD DEED IN THIS ONE :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by dizzygirli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

What can I say... This is the best Palette I've ever used. I bought it last week and can't get enough of it!! The shadow last all day, pigmentation is great! Best Palette from UD so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this palette., i've had it now for a little over a week and haven't worn the same color combination yet!
Will definately buy a backup when supply catches up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very, very happy I finally got to purchase this. I follow Urban Decay on Twitter and two weeks ago they tweeted that the palette was available on Ulta's website. I had to snap it up immediately. :) Sure enough, a few days later, it was sold out.

The eye shadows, primer and liners are fantastic quality, and the palette itself is an excellent value. I've heard good things about the primer and it really does help my shadow last all day. As for the 24/7 liners, I have a love/hate relationship with them, so I wouldn't say they're the best liners ever. As for the shadows, I'm having such a good time mixing new combinations - I try to do something different everyday. My favorite shades are those I reach for daily: Toasted, Hustle, Sin and Smog. I like the shimmery shades the best, the glitters (like Sidecar) the least. Sidecar is such a great color, but I'm NOT a fan of the glitter. BTW, Cover Girl's Tapestry Taupe is an exact dupe without glitter and one of my HG shades.

All in all, I highly recommend this palette. I'm a big fan of neutral eye makeup and there are so many options with this. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I waited weeks on the waiting list for this item and was finally able to purchase it through Urban Decay. After about a week of use I'm pretty disappointed with my purchase.

The shadows are lousy, most crease and then blend into one muddy shimmery mess by noon, leaving your eyelids greasy looking. I used primer and I know it's not my technique since I don't have this issue with any other eye shadows (even the UD singles) in my collection. The colors are also too warm for my skin tone. I'm not a fan of the 24/7 liners (smudge city) so I didn't even test the ones that came with the palette. The packaging is also not so great, the velvet coating of the palette picks up everything and just looks gross after awhile. You have to use a lint roller on it regularly.

As for the pros, this palette is a refreshingly good value. If the shadows work for you, it is a great buy. I personally liked Sin and Darkhorse and will consider purchasing those in single form. I luckily was able to sell this palette for what I paid for it, so nothing lost.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by dungeh55

I loooooove this palette! I dont own alot of mac or UD eyeshadows yet (I say yet because im quickly becoming addicted) and I think this palette has been a great starter for me. It has all the basics I need to create lots of different looks! I bought this at the same time as I bought the book of shadows 3 so I have all the bright colours in that one if I fancy a pop of colour! :) I would have to say that virgin is by far the best colour in the palette and Im nearly running out already!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by itzjusscc

--- I got this a couple of days ago after buying it from Ulta online. I was really looking forward to it because of all the hype, but when I finally saw it for myself and experimented with it, it thought it was just average. bleh.

--- Packaging- Soo classy, i love how it looks & feels. BUT the velvet is already rubbing off. I can tell the gold lettering might rub off soon too. Is it just me or did i get a bad batch? (I think Ulta sent me a used one. eww)

--- I used the UD Primer Potion, and the eyeshadow I used from this palette still creased. (I'm a long time user of UDPP)

--- I like this palette BUT there are equally pigmented eyeshadows out there that are not so fall-out-y like some of these in this Naked Palette. Which is why I wouldn't buy again.

--- I do love the fact that Urban Decay put 12 sexy neutrals in one palette. :)