November 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

If Giorgio Armani LSF is #1 then this will come in #2. The benefit is that it's not as expensive but it's not as pigmented as LSF it would work for everyday and as an alternative to LSF. The price tag is what the difference is for $18 less you get the same finish and look as using LSF.

Update: removed a lippie, I wore it on a hot day same as when I wear my LSF. I found that this cakes on my t zone and melting at the end of the day. Not a good look. This doesn't happen when I wear LSF. Looks LSF is still the summer foundation for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by radarlove

This product BROKE ME OUT terribly because it has talc in it. I've since discovered that I can't wear anything with talc and this is no exception. So sad, because it was expensive and I love the finish it gives. But I can't wear it. Shame.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation it gives you great coverage its natural looking (doesn't give you that cakey makeup look like other liquid foundations). I used to wear liquid foundation but it was heavy on the skin was oily and gave a cakey look, as a result I resorted to mineral foundation for a while. But then a friend of mine who uses this foundation had recommended this to me. I decided to try it and came to Sephora with no makeup. I tried on a bunch of shades and then came upon the perfect tone that matched my skin color. It was perfect because it was so natural looking and it was very very lightweight on the skin. The only problem I find in this foundation is that it for people with dry peeling skin, it may not be the best to cover that dry look. I have that dry problem, my forehead gets really dry because of my dried up acne, i've used tons of foundation and it seems as if non of the foundation can ever fix or cover up that dry look. I think the only solution to cover it up is to use a moisturizer before you put on the foundation. Also this foundation makes parts of my face oily by the end of the day which is a bit disappointing and the price of this foundation is a bit pricey, but still I'd say its one of the best i've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by nguyencredible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So this being my first ever liquid foundation, I can't say I have a lot to compare this to. I was able to find the perfect match of this in 120. I was really looking for something to even out my skintone as I don't have issues with breakouts so much and did it serve its purpose and more! My friends complimented on how natural it looked. But the icing on the cake was when my boyfriend (who believes I don't need makeup to look good) said my skin was glowing at the end of the day. Mind you, it was 95 degree weather in So Cal and I had been sweating but the foundation was still there and apparently, my skin looked good. I love the pump and the consistency of the foundation feels so light on my face. I haven't had any nasty reactions with it either, so far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by ShotgunBarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have the same problem with every single foundation I buy...it seems I am neither a warm or a cool, but a neutral. Even when I get color matched, foundation turns orange or pink on me. I turned yellow when i tried the 117, but I bought the 115 and it looks pretty darn amazing.

I absolutely LOVE this foundation....I apply it with a stippling brush [Mac 188, not the 187....I prefer the smaller one].
Only complaint is that it shows up "cakey" on my forehead but I have been mixing it with a bit of moisturizer to thin it out....I do have quite a bit of dry skin there.

Anyway I love this product and GET COLORMATCHED at sephora for this foundation. DO NOT just buy it without trying it on your skin first

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by nomielayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only 4 lippies because I'm not sure it's the absolute best out there, but it's really good. Natural looking and feeling, doesn't transfer everywhere, nice container, great color match.

And the brush really does make all the difference for foundation application. I'm finally a believer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by LaughAtTheSky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have found this product! I purchased based on the good reviews, and I am not disappointed.

I put this on w/o a primer (moisturizer only), and used with MUFE concealer underneath. I used my fingers to apply - seemed easier after trying with the brush. Set w/ LM loose powder.

After 8 hours, it still looks great. Only became a little more dewey (not terribly) as the day went on (and this is in 90 degree hit).

The thing I'm most happy about is that this did not settle into the fine lines around my eyes, which I'm SUPER self-conscious about. It even minimized them I think.

Only negative so far is the pump is kind of hard to use. Not easy to pump just a little.

I think I've found my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by gratuity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am pursuing musical theater, so I have searched forever for that perfect foundation. One with buildable coverage so I could wear it for every day AND for theater, one that was gentle on my sensitive skin so that when I had to wear heavy makeup night after night for a show I would not aggravate my skin, and most importantly: one that would not melt off from sweat or heat or tears. This foundation has fulfilled all my wildest dreams :)

I've tried MAC, Dior, BE, Laura Mercier, Clinique, you name it. This is the only product worth the price. I've worn it to a dance rehearsal and it didn't budge! I fell asleep in it at a party and it was almost perfect the next morning, with no product transfer on my pillow or clothes.

I did purchase the primer and the microfinish powder, and I do believe that though each product is good on its own, they are designed to work together and you will definitely experience the full benefits if you use them all with each other.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by smkawano

A wonderful product! I've been using MUFE's HD foundation for a good six months now and have not once considered changing foundations since. I have my foundation on for a good 12-13 hours a day, and with MUFE: No breakouts and very minimal oxidizing! It gives great coverage with minimal amount of product which is a definite plus considering the relatively high price point.
The only real downside for me is the lack of color selection; since summer I have been having to mix 1 pump of 140 + 1/2 pump of 153 to get my match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

I was on an EPIC quest for the perfect foundation coverage for a good two months - and I swear, the people at Sephora probably started to think I was just some cheapskate coming in for samples every time I ran out to avoid purchasing something... haha.

Anyways, after dabbling with BE, Laura Mercier, Dior, and MAC Studio Fix - I settled with MUFE's foundation and primer because a SA applied it to a girl standing next to me, and she literally went through an ugly duckling transformation in minutes!!! I had the SA match me, and it covered beautifully. I used to use Stila's TM and I would always look shiny in pictures... and w/ this, I look "dewy" - not "shiny"...

The color stays well, and I like that it doesn't mask all of my features. I have a few freckles and a mole I would very much like to let shine through, instead of hiding it under a layer of gunk that might imply I am ashamed of them.

ALSO, I've had terrible monthly acne breakouts for the longest time, it has helped my skin heal, and my face is actually free of breakouts 90% of the time now! After a month of use, my face is actually smooth, and I don't feel gross if I decide to go a day w/o makeup! I can't wait to see the results after 6 mos. of usage!

I do want to purchase their microfinish powder to set it with, because right now, I'm just using a pressed powder foundation from MAC. That's one thing that could be a pro or a con with MUFE products:

MUFE only works well with MUFE... there's no mixing and matching to mess around with. True, for those that like to color match or mess w/ makeup formulas, this could be a hassle to throw out your old makeup regimen to restock with an arsenal of MUFE products... [and it could be costly] - BUT I feel that I am one of those that like to keep things simple - quick - and easy, so buying everything from one brand does not bother me if it delivers what is promised. My only gripe is the price, but that's beauty for ya'.

Def. repurchase, MUF junky is born!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No