BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 4/25/2013 2:17:00 PM

Don't usually buy high end products, like to stick to drugstore stuff but i have recently been receiving lots of Benefit products as gifts.
Really like this products-gives me a really nice radiant glow
Only complaint is once you've used up more than probably 2/3's it becomes an absolute nightmare to get enough out to use it
would pick Girl meets pearl over this because of that..

on 4/23/2013 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this pink pearly highlighter. I tap it around the outside of my eye socket and down onto the top of my cheekbone. Brings attention to the shape of the face and eye. Really flattering.

on 4/21/2013 3:57:00 PM

Eh this highlighter was kind of a turn off for me.I've heard so much about Benefit High Beam and I owned it a couple of years ago but I wasn't really into highlighters then so I just gave it to my sister but currently I've been in love with highlighters so I tried High Beam out again. Its not a bad product I just don't like how its 26 dollars for an itty bitty bottle and its personslly too shimmery for my liking. Its not hard to blend but I think this will more suit pale skin tones rather than olive or dark skin tones because its a pink pearly color and its not really attractive on my skin tone. The staying power isn't fantastic either maybe because its a liquid? Not sure but it kind of faded within an hour for me.

on 4/17/2013 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this product! I dont really use highlighter too much, but this is really great to mix with foundation. to creat this look: mix one part liquid foundation (a thicker foundation works best) with one equal part high beam and apply as usual. It will give you a beautiful luminous glow. I have repurchased a couple times and will continue to do so.

on 4/15/2013 10:10:00 AM

I tried a load of highlighters before finding this one and now my quest for the perfect highlighter is over!

A small amount goes a long way, the product last ages without going clumpy!

Its easy to blend on top of foundation without wrecking your base

Its very subtle but when it catches the light it creates a beautiful glow

I prefer this too the moonbeam as it looks a lot more natural and has a better finish!

It works great on pale skin tones!

on 4/6/2013 11:07:00 PM

This stuff is my favourite. It really has lasted me a long time, you only need to use a little! It's a bit pricey for $25 but it's totally worth it ! Would definitely buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product it's my HG for highlighting in contouring , I think it leaves a sheer look on the face rather than a glittery look ! I like to use this under my eyes and on my cheek bones before and after foundation and then also on the bridge of my nose after foundation and also on the Cupid's bow ! Then I use bronzer to contour . I like the packaging but I am afraid of dropping it because it's made of glass , it's never leaked or anything though so it's all good :) the price is decent enough could be a little cheaper but what can you do ! All together a great product that I will definetley repurchase

on 3/31/2013 3:45:00 PM

I've recently purchased a BeneFit mini-kit which included High Beam. I have to say my expectations were rather high, especially since I have been using a dupe from e.l.f. (Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal) and I was curious how does it compare to the original.

High Beam is less pink than the e.l.f. dupe, it gives a pearly, luminescent, almost colourless glow. It's also more liquid and less dense than the e.l.f. highlighter. Unfortunately, after an hour or so, any trace of it has completely disappeared. The glow is very subtle to begin with, barely noticeable, no matter how much product I apply, and after some time, it's completely gone and matte. I'm extremely disappointed. In comparison, the e.l.f. highlighter offers a visible, buildable glow and resists well during the day, I've received compliments for my glowing skin hours after applying it.

High Beam is also ridiculously expensive for what it provides, and I fear the packaging is quite unpractical. It's a small bottle, but the liquid is quite dense and clings to its walls, thus I imagine that it will be really hard to fully consume the product, since there's no way of getting to the residues on the walls of the bottle.

Overall, I would not purchase this again, I've seen A LOT cheaper highlighters that do a much better job.

on 3/28/2013 5:13:00 PM

I never thought i would say this but this product is the Biggest dissapointment ever. The effect of the the product is gone so quickly! It doesnt stay in my skin. Maybe only stays in half an hour. And also its sooo expensive in here.

on 3/28/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite highlighter! I prefer liquid ones as I find it easier to blend. some have an easier time with powder ones but somehow, using my fingers is better for me. it has a light pink, pearlescent glow that is perfect for your cheekbone. when i'm going for a more natural look, i don't wear any eyeshadow but i use this as a highlight on my browbone and it's just beautiful. i sometimes use it in my inner corners as well though it's more challenging to apply. It's quite expensive though a little does go a long way. i'm now thinking of getting moon beam and sun beam as well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials