August 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by iluvgreen4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i use primers only special occastions i guess lol this is hands down the best ever, its oil free way lighter than the original and does the same thing trust me!!super soft surface, less pores and lines :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Veeh21

i just recently bought this primer and its amazing. i have acne prone skin with oily skin as well.omg makes my makeup lasts forever and im way less oily.my laura mercier used to make me super oily after like two hours but this one lasts up to 8 hours without retouching i love it!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT UPDATE: I had to knock this product down a lippie because if I don't use an acne treatment underneath it I start breaking out. Not sure what additive is causing this to happen. I still use it, just not as much.

I cannot believe this product has such a mediocre buy again rating! I have horribly oily skin (which I will be happy to have in about 15-20 years as it helps decrease lines and wrinkles! lol) and I live in the lovely, yet hot and muggy state of Florida. I received a sample of this with a purchase from Sephora.com and waited quite a while to try it. I don't know why I waited so long. If I would've realized how much foundation primer could benefit me, I would've used it sooner. I could not believe how much longer my make up lasted! I have some long days during the week (working 8 hours followed by school some nights for 4 hours). Without this, my makeup would've looked awful by 6 pm. With this I have a little bit of greasiness that needs to be patted, but my make up doesn't budge and doesn't look like it's sliding off my face. No foundation girl should go without a primer and this is definitely a great one. I was worried it would break me out, but it hasn't yet and I've been using it for about 2 weeks. $36 is a bit high (Sephora's price), but for the payoff your makeup will get it is worth it and the decently sized bottle will last a while. The pump gives you just the right amount of product for the face and the packaging is not clunky or oddly shaped. I definitely recommend this as a newbie just starting to use foundation primer :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ELdotPdot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe this product works for some people. I unfortunately did not have that experience.
Being somewhat new to makeup, I bought this product after not trying it at full price. Not a great idea.
I have very oily skin, and about an hour after applying my makeup over this primer, my skin is slippery and my makeup is sliding around. I use MUFE and other high end products, so I know that this must be the culprit.
To be fair, this is fast absorbing and lightweight and did not make me break out, but I have tried I have used other primers that work better. I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by aquelarre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I bought. I like it because my skin doesn't break-out and the make-up lasts longer. It's quite expensive and doesn't last that long if you use it everyday. In the Summer it is useless, as it won't hold with all the heat. Nonetheless, I'm happy with it and would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by guiltypleasurexD

After using up my whole bottle of MAC Prep + Prime primer (the one w/out the SPF), I figure I'd move on to another primer. After hearing so much about Smash Photo Finish, I thought I'd give it a try. I have combination, acne-prone skin, so I caved in & got the light version of that about a week ago. This primer is impressive, I must say, & was put to the test after a couple days ago. We've been having this crazy heat wave in California (reaching up to 110 degress where I live), and used this primer to keep my face makeup on. Lo & behold, my face withstood the heat & sunlight! My face stayed matte a few more hours than if I had used the MAC primer, which I was pleased with. Regardless, I still had to blot, but it was satisfying to know I could go on with my day without having to blot as much. The primer itself is pretty light & glides on to the skin, it sets pretty quickly. And best of all, no breakouts for me :) That is the true test for me, at least. One lippie off for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Joanna95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this primer!!!!! I used my MAC Prep+prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment before, to control my oily skin under my foundation, but this works really good too. It does absorbe the oils on my skin, and it leaves ur skin really really soft and smooth after you've applied it. It fills in fine lines, pores etc. very well, but the reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I would like it to fill in my pores/fine lines a bit more, eventhough its allready doing a great job with that! So to all you ladies with oily skin, you should try this primer! I know it's expensive, but its worth it if it works for you :-) TRUST ME!! I am really pleased, and im bying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I have only ever had one problem with my skin: trying to find a way to keep it matte. I bought this product on a whim at Sephora. The idea of a primer always seemed useless to me as I only wear powder foundation.

I was wrong! For the first few days of using this, I didn't notice any change. I skipped it one morning to run errands and had shine appearing only 15 min. after applying makeup. I used the primer again and voila- no shine! I bought the small travel size to try and definitely think I would breeze through a full-size wayyy too fast for the cost but if I have the money, I will repurchase.

I was advised to skip moisturizer when using this primer but my skin felt unpleasant without it. Might be a better step to try for oilier skin.

**EDIT: Forgot my powder one weekend and only had this with me. Kept my face matte through dinner and barhopping in NYC, very impressive but left my pores very clogged**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I have changed my mind on this - YOU MUST TRY A SAMPLE OF THIS IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. This is a great product. It is the best primer i have come across for oily skin and trust me i've tried a few (MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Boots No7, Mary Kay, AVON, YSL, Clarins, Clinique, Smashbox anti shine and probably a few more that i can't remember!). In my experience, most of the primers targeted for oily skin and to mattify skin are quite drying. Initially they are great when put on as you think 'wow i'm not greasy/shiny anymore' but then applying foundation becomes a nightmare - it either doesn't melt into your skin or ends up caking. I had become resigned to this and thought that this was the only i could control my oily skin!! But no more... I had purhased the photo finish light a couple of years ago, used a few times and then left. However, i came across it the other week when i was having a clear out and voila... i gave it another go. As soon as i put in on over my moisturiser i could feel the difference...it was soft, light and mattifying but not dry or tight. I use liquid foundation over the top and have found it delays the shine coming through on my skin by a couple more hours. Combined with my oil controlling, long wear foundation (Lancome teint idole ultra 24h) this is amazing and really works for me. Please try to get hold of a sample and try this if you have oily skin - it is a miracle for me - HG - simple as!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bluesky008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer.
I have oily skin, but after i put on this primer, my face is not oily for at least 8 hours!that is really amazing to me.