November 28, 2014 | 2044 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this. I bought this because I see so many youtube people use it as eye shadow primer and I wanted to give it a go. I love it so much more than urban decay primer potion. This gives me a great base for all eyeshadow looks and looks great on it's own as well for a natural base on your lid. Would repurchase but I don't think I am going to run out any time soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

I love this paint pot; mostly because it has multiple uses for me. I use this as an eye lid primer pretty much every day and also to prime my under eye circles. This helps cancel out some redness on my lids and darkness under my eyes. It makes applying concealer under my eyes a breeze. It also keeps eye shadow in place all day for me. No creasing or smudging. I have fair-light skin and this doesn't look too pale on me. Perfect. The packaging is so-so since it's a pot so it's not too hygienic, but I still like it. This replaces the eye shadow shade stick in fresh cement that I used to use from mac until they dc'd it:(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the shade I reach for when I don't know what to dress up my eye's with. It's a beautiful nuetral that can be paired with many differant shades when contouring. I've had mine well over a year and it is still moist and creamy. I hope that Mac doesn't stop making this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whatever would I do without my lovely little paint pot? This is lush. I use it on it's own, applied with my fingers or under All that Glitters or Brulee and maaaayyybe some Woodwinked in the crease...also useful as a highlighter on your cheekbones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

Mac tests on animals becuase they are owned by Estée Lauder which is a shame, but otherwise it's a good product lasts long time, easy to apply and blend.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by JoyaJay

This was my first Mac product... aaaand it didn't work for me at all. No matter how little I applied it creased on me (my lids are a little oily though). It also dried out quite fast, so I had to chuck it out. Too pricey for what it is, really. Too bad, so sad, I really wanted to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by felicialazaar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! This applies so nicely with a little brush and makes my eye shadow last all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by dreejay

I really love this as an eye primer. I'm crazy about blending MAC eyeshadows to do my general makeup "look", and so the makeup artist recommended that I get this colour as my eyeshadow base. I'm NW15 in MAC products.

I noticed a difference straight away in my general eyeshadow application because the paint pot gave me a much better colour purchase with my shadows. Even the slightest dab of an eyeshadow will show up on the lid, which isn't the case generally. I never had a major problem before with my eyeshadow creasing, but using the paint pot keeps the colour from fading all day - my shadow looks just as great at the end of the day as if I had just applied it.

Now, I've used this product every day for two years and I still have most of the pot left. A little goes a long way. I think if I was buying the product again, I would buy the more shimmery shade, Bare Study, to double as a browbone highlighter. Currently I wear Painterly on my browbone and put a shimmery eyeshadow on top as a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Moniquerules

I have been using MAC paint since it was only available in the metal tubes...over ten years! I love, love, love MAC paint! I use it everyday under syse shadow, and it adds brightness to shadow and extends the wear of the eyeshadow...it's an absolute must for any makeup user!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. It is a good primer and really keeps the shadows from creasing. However, I'm not 100% sold on the texture. I like my primer to be a bit more creamy. I would give it a 4 out 5 for the texture, but the ridiculous price has made me give this product a 3. Let's be real. There are many cheaper eye primers out there that work just as well if not better. I will not repurchase.