August 29, 2014 | 925 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by lindalooby

I have been using Mac Paintpot in Painterly for approx 2 years. I have found it to be the best primer for my eyes. It evens out the colour of my eyelids and allows my eye makeup to last a full working day. This paintpot lasts me about 1 year with daily use. To keep it from drying out I store it upside down and use a spatula to stir through it every few months, the paintpot is as creamy as the day I purchased it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by lanzarote9012

This is a staple in my makeup collection. I use it as an eyeprimer/base, and it is perfect. My shadows don't fade away, and my eyeliner stays put longer than without it. I've had this for over a year, i used it every single day, and I have lots left. It hasn't dried out yet either!

Very nice product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will repurchase the product again but not this color -- took off a lippie because the color goes gray on me when I've tried to use it alone for a natural look. :- ( It is however boss as a shadow primer, far superior to UD potion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Painterly paint pot as a primer more than a color because it almost exactly matches the skin on my eyelids and conceals blue shadows and very fine red veins there. I love the smooth, powdery texture and how it really grabs the eyeshadow I apply on top, leaving me crease-free all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great product. It conceals any uneveness on my eyes, makes my shadows look brighter and lasts longer. However I find that it may not suit my undertone. I'm an NC20-25 and Soft Ochre may suit me better as this has a pinky purpley tint to it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Kiwistace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have lots of paint pots and this is perfect for everyday. Great under every color eyeshadow and stays in place all day. Lasts for ages

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

I love this paint pot. It is the perfect color and eye shadow base that I would call my "eyelid concealer". It totally evens out any discoloration on my eyes and preps them so nicely for shadow.
Only problem I have is that I have oily eye lids, and it can definitely crease a little bit if it's hotter outside. But on a normal day I have no problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I have a few Paint Pots, Painterly being my favorite. It's kind of like a pale pink color. it's looks nice alone as shadow and works nice as a base/primer but beware if you have oily lids this may crease. I only experience creasing during the summer when my lids are oily. During those months I would only use paint pots as a base and not a primer. I would use a primer before using a pain pot. But because of this I prefer to use Paint Pots mostly during cooler dryer months. Shadows seem to glide nicely and stick as well when I use paint pots. They're great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Mili1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day and realllyy love how it totally even out my skintone on my eye. Although I dont think you should solely use this as your eye primer, apply a separate one and then use this as a base! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I am just now discovering MAC paint pots and I am just loving them. I got this as a primer initially since I'm trying to get better at eye makeup, but I think it's a nice shade alone as well. I like to prime my whole eye with it and put some liner on my lid and a crease color and leave this as the rest of the pigment. It looks great and it stays all day and helps my eyeliner stay much longer as well. Given how little of this product you have to use, I'm imagining this little pot will last me a very long time.