September 18, 2014 | 1955 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. It is a good primer and really keeps the shadows from creasing. However, I'm not 100% sold on the texture. I like my primer to be a bit more creamy. I would give it a 4 out 5 for the texture, but the ridiculous price has made me give this product a 3. Let's be real. There are many cheaper eye primers out there that work just as well if not better. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by lindalooby

I have been using Mac Paintpot in Painterly for approx 2 years. I have found it to be the best primer for my eyes. It evens out the colour of my eyelids and allows my eye makeup to last a full working day. This paintpot lasts me about 1 year with daily use. To keep it from drying out I store it upside down and use a spatula to stir through it every few months, the paintpot is as creamy as the day I purchased it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by lanzarote9012

This is a staple in my makeup collection. I use it as an eyeprimer/base, and it is perfect. My shadows don't fade away, and my eyeliner stays put longer than without it. I've had this for over a year, i used it every single day, and I have lots left. It hasn't dried out yet either!

Very nice product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will repurchase the product again but not this color -- took off a lippie because the color goes gray on me when I've tried to use it alone for a natural look. :- ( It is however boss as a shadow primer, far superior to UD potion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Painterly paint pot as a primer more than a color because it almost exactly matches the skin on my eyelids and conceals blue shadows and very fine red veins there. I love the smooth, powdery texture and how it really grabs the eyeshadow I apply on top, leaving me crease-free all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great product. It conceals any uneveness on my eyes, makes my shadows look brighter and lasts longer. However I find that it may not suit my undertone. I'm an NC20-25 and Soft Ochre may suit me better as this has a pinky purpley tint to it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Kiwistace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have lots of paint pots and this is perfect for everyday. Great under every color eyeshadow and stays in place all day. Lasts for ages

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

I love this paint pot. It is the perfect color and eye shadow base that I would call my "eyelid concealer". It totally evens out any discoloration on my eyes and preps them so nicely for shadow.
Only problem I have is that I have oily eye lids, and it can definitely crease a little bit if it's hotter outside. But on a normal day I have no problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I have a few Paint Pots, Painterly being my favorite. It's kind of like a pale pink color. it's looks nice alone as shadow and works nice as a base/primer but beware if you have oily lids this may crease. I only experience creasing during the summer when my lids are oily. During those months I would only use paint pots as a base and not a primer. I would use a primer before using a pain pot. But because of this I prefer to use Paint Pots mostly during cooler dryer months. Shadows seem to glide nicely and stick as well when I use paint pots. They're great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Mili1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day and realllyy love how it totally even out my skintone on my eye. Although I dont think you should solely use this as your eye primer, apply a separate one and then use this as a base! :D