July 31, 2014 | 1016 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have super oily skin that is acne-prone and still likes to get dry patches from time to time. This offered no coverage for my acne spots and then accentuated any dry patches I have. It did keep me from becoming shiny but my MAC powder and Rice powder keep my oily at bay much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by maryberry94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only matte powder I have used that actually stays MATTE for a few hours! It goes on perfectly over any liquid foundation. Will definitely be re-purchasing and the price is great.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by suekim91

this made my face look so powdery and dry, i hated it :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent matte powder. It is very sheer and silky. I have a t-zone that gets shiny within a few hours of putting anything on and this definitely increases the time I can go without blotting by a couple of hours. The color range leaves a little to be desired but it is sheer enough and blends so well that you might be able to make it work. It is not going to work for you if you are looking for a lot of coverage but it would still be a good setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by HereToHelpHoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The Pros:
- Mattifies the skin (for about 2-3 hours; which is pretty good considering the fact that my nose gets EXTREMELY oily throughout the day)
- does not cake up that much
- price is alright
- Target did not have the powder i wanted in stock
The cons:
- poor color selection
- barely any coverage
- doesn't last as long as i would like

This product claims Air-Soft Matte Perfection:

- oil-free
- won't clog pores
- dermatologist-tested
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has not made me break out. I have tried worse powders, and this is one of the ones i've tried that actually mattified my nose while still leaving a slight glow(from the oil on my nose), and keeping it that way for over 30minutes. Yes, for some that is normal, but for my particular nose(and parts of my skin), it is very hard to control the oil. I have tried many other powders, and they all have not passed the 30 minute mark.
However, i hate the fact that the color selection is so limited. The color i have is Medium Beige 2-2.5. It makes my skin look ashy if i apply too much. I have learned though, that just a semi-light dusting over my nose and oily parts will control the oil nicely. This powder has a very low coverage, so i suppose that makes it easier to blend into darker skin tones.
I quite like this powder, but i do not think i will make a third repurchase. I would like coverage in my powder, and this one just isn't cutting it. I plan on using this as my blot powder and applying this on my nose area AFTER my other powder foundation, Amazing Cosmetics Mineral Pressed Powder (which does not control oil at all, in my opinion).
So bottom line is, if you have a light-medium skin tone, and are not looking for a full coverage powder, get this one. If you have combination skin, try it out, it may work well for you. Oily-Super Oily; don't expect 3+ hours of a shine free face; you may need to blot and reapply

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I have used this product daily for over a year now and haven't felt the need to switch to anything else. However I do still have a problem with being really 'shiny' after many hours. If i blot and reapply a little it does appear a little cakey. But overall its one of the better powders I've used in the last few years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lucakerberos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first powder I have tried. I put it on over the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation for shine control, and it works wonderfully. The compact is really cool, too. I use the lightest shade and it still covers a lot of the redness and blemishes on my face. It is light and easy to blend and put on/take off, and it doesn't have any real odor so it doesn't bother my nose. It also doesn't dust off onto my clothes or my glasses.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by iliketoLOL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this powder everyday over my Almay TLC liquid foundation. I bought the powder a couple of times and one of the times, the pressed powder broke up in the container, so I mashed it all up and put it in one of my Bare Minerals travel containers (w/sifter & all) and used it like a loose powder. Come to find out, I like it a lot better that way!!! It's a great powder, it doesn't provide a ton of coverage, but I just use it to set my liquid foundation, so it works great for me!! It's soooo finely milled so it glides on the skin sooo smoothly!!! I would highly recommend this product!!! I would recommend using another powder puff, because the one provided is really [*]. It's really thin and not great for any type of short term/long term use. My mom's powder puff actually (several times) literally fell apart. I haven't tried it with a brush though, maybe it would work better that way. I just use it with a puff from physician's formula compact I had already.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mayral456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder keeps my face looking flawless all day!!!!!!!! Your pores disappear and it doesn't cake on at all! I found my new fave pressed powder.. :))

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by classykristy

I absolutely love this powder! Keeps my face oil and shine-free all day.