October 23, 2014 | 906 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this I put it over my Sonia kashuk tinted moisturizer and it keeps the oil away and gives me a Glow

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst powder ever! I have combination skin with dry T zone. It only dries my skin even more and highlights my flakes. It was bought before my wedding and I regreted immediately. I'd say, ladies, if you have very dry skin, DO NOT even consider about this powder. I would never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by jun109

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my go-to powder whenever i use BB cream / liquid foundation / over any sunblock to take away any shine/ stickiness. even for BB cream with the lousiest oil control, i can just powder this on and my base makeup will last whole day (usually from 8am-10pm) with just some blotting. it's finely milled powder with light coverage and fantastic for oily skin / t zone.

I'm pretty neutral on the packaging although the swivel design can be less confusing but i love that it separates the puff and powder and therefore great for travelling / touching up.

the only thing that can be bad for this powder is the lack of SPF and that it's not available in Singapore.

for reference, i am a NC15-20 and uses Light4-5, cream shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SashaMclean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has always worked well, I have used it for about a year. It provides the very light coverage I need and combats shine. I found it to work better than the laura mercier smooth focus setting powder which costs quite a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I have combination oily skin, that has been covered (literally, covered) in acne for three years. I have tried every setting powder I could get my hands on to control the oil, until finally I discovered this powder. It was love at first sight. :D Because of the acne, I use a very heavy coverage of foundation, which feels awful, and looks awful UNTIL I apply this powder. :) Even after using it for a year and a half now, I'm always amazed at the difference it makes. Shrinks pores, sets makeup flawlessly, makes acne appear smaller and flattened, looks natural, and non-powdery, doesn't accentuate the fine hairs on the face, has a wonderful lasting powder, doesn't cake up, has lovely packaging that has never malfunctioned, doesn't increase my breakouts, the mirror stays clean because it's twist out, it's just amazing ! I use the lightest on my T-zone, and the medium shade on my cheekbones and temples. As I reapply during the day, it gradually contours my face, which is lovely, because I haven't been able to use bronzer, blush, or highlighter in a long time since it just accentuates the acne on my cheeks...anyway, here's the best part of the whole thing...I CAN FINALLY SAY I HAVE AN HG PRODUCT!! :):):) I recommend it to all my friends, and it has become their HG powders as well. :) The only downside is that it's often hard in the lightest color because it's sold out. Because it's so awesome, everyone buys it. It's around 13$ here, but if you think that's a little high, wait till you try it. It's worth it. It's just great. Go try it. That's all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by DimpleBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just begun wearing make-up. My skin is very dry and I thought of giving this powder a try, but it did not suit me. My face looked powdery..and it actually stripped off all the moisture from my skin (I wore it above the foundation)..overall, I did not like the product..I will return it..Any suggestions on good loose or pressed powder for dry skin is welcome..I want my face to look natural and not cakey..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have super oily skin that is acne-prone and still likes to get dry patches from time to time. This offered no coverage for my acne spots and then accentuated any dry patches I have. It did keep me from becoming shiny but my MAC powder and Rice powder keep my oily at bay much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by maryberry94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only matte powder I have used that actually stays MATTE for a few hours! It goes on perfectly over any liquid foundation. Will definitely be re-purchasing and the price is great.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by suekim91

this made my face look so powdery and dry, i hated it :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent matte powder. It is very sheer and silky. I have a t-zone that gets shiny within a few hours of putting anything on and this definitely increases the time I can go without blotting by a couple of hours. The color range leaves a little to be desired but it is sheer enough and blends so well that you might be able to make it work. It is not going to work for you if you are looking for a lot of coverage but it would still be a good setting powder.