April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by fairladyzzxchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product during the summer, it's easy to throw on and go, and most of all, its sweat resistant!! I am super oily so during the summer i hate wearing foundation but because of acne scaring I have no choice. this is the best on the go product with amazing coverage, the trick is using their short angled face brush. This brush smooths on the product without accentuating pores or texture. Also, less is more!! this product is again water resistant so start with less and build toward the desired coverage using soft circular strokes. For those having issues with this product this should help. Also this isn't a product intended to set a foundation. Foundation always needs to be set with translucent powder and then can be lightly built with mineral powder. I use this product a lot for weddings because it doesn't look or feel heavy but looks flawless. hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know what to say about this powder. It works great alone but if I use it as a setting powder for a light-coverage foundation, it looks REALLY powdery and heavy. I wanted to love this but unfortunately I am not completely satisfied.

I wanted a pigmented powder because translucent powders don't seem to work for me. However, this one is good but not for me... either. Nevertheless, the color is just perfect for my skin tone (I have this in Real Sand) after I returned the original color I purchased (thanks, Sephora's poor lighting) because it was way too dark.

I really like the SPF, and the package provides the perfect amount without making a mess... but, ugh, mineral powder never seems to do it for me. I wish it worked with the oiliness of my T-zone, and actually maintained my skin looking great.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by hazefree2002

This made the pores and acne marks on my skin more obvious.While it can provide good buildable coverage,it starts to give off a metallic sheen when u try to layer it.When used with the mineral primer,it control oil quite well.I love the tub for traveling but prefer the japanese loose powder sieve for daily use.I will use this up and keep the tub but will not repurchase.I bought the body shop and sephora mineral powder brush in an attempt to make this work for me.While I still do not like the mineral powder,I found the two brushes really good.Will do separate reviews for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying that I am not a user of Mineral foundations. I have tried them in the past, hated them, and moved on. I have been using a liquid foundation pretty much ever since i started wearing makeup because the coverage and finish are much better in my opinion. I have been using MUFE HD foundation for the past couple of years, and I have been loving it, but lately over the past few weeks it just looks off for some reason. It looks obvious that I have foundation on. So to get to the point, I purchased this and I love it. It actually covers well, has a great finish, looks natural, and yet doesn't look powdery or cakey. I really wish I would have tried it sooner. I will definitely repurchase without a doubt. If you want a foundation that looks like your not wearing foundation but still covers, please give this a try and you may find that you love it like I did. I use the mineral powder brush from sephora and it goes on perfectly! highly recommended. I am mufe hd #128, and use this in rich vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by littletree03

I purchased this at Sephora in the Mineral Kit and absolutely love all the products!!! I actually get great coverage by building it a little bit but I do not have to touch up throughout the day. I have used BE in the past and this is 10x better! I have gotten so many compliments since I have been using this make-up. The jar is great with the closeable slot so that the powder does not spill everywhere! I highly recommend to anyone who is frustrated with BE or any other mineral make-up. It is a little expensive but it is worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My color selection was off. I ordered the color Real Sand from online. While still light, it's maybe a full shade too dark for me, but that's because I'm incredibly pale with warm tones. I kept the product because I thought I'd use it with fake tanner. Still, this shade is not for me. What I can say is that the quality is amazing, and when you have it on - even the incorrect shade - it's undetectable. The tub is a veeeery generous size, I was surprise how much there actually is. That's good because I would go through smaller powder pots quickly, and it's annoying to remember to order and pay shipping charges every couple of months. Anyway, I understand the hype with this product. I recommend the shade Real Sand for people with medium, warm skin tones, and to err on the pale side when ordering.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Pendoline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having tried many of the brands of mineral foundations out there, I have found Laura Mercier, once again, to be the best. Her powders offer excellent, natural-looking, flawless coverage, and have an SPF of 15. She also offers the pale-pinkish tone I am looking for. The only thing that stopped me using this excellent foundation was a return to her tinted moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ehhh...not sure what I think of this to be honest. I was matched with the shade Real Sand for my NC20 yellow/golden undertoned skin. The colour was not good at all - made my face look grey. Tender Rose was too pink and the shade above Real Sand was too orange. I'm not impressed with the colour range.

I have normal/combo sensitive skin, and despite the SA prepping my face with a moisturiser and hydrating primer beforehand, this mineral powder still managed to look rather cakey and accentuanted dry flakes that I didn't even know I had. I was anticipating the 'creamy' finish that some reviews have raved about, but all I got was dryness. It was a matte finish and did not get oily or greasy throughout the day, and the staying power was very good aswell. It did not make the pores on my nose look obvious, but I couldn't get over the cakiness. Thinking it was just the way the SA applied it, I tried myself at home and it was a little better but still showed some flakes and I didn't get the creamy finish. It looked like I was wearing a mask.

My skin gets a little itchy when I wear this, especially on my chin and cheeks. Why do they still insist on using bismuth in so many mineral foundations?! It irritates so many people and I am one of them.

Considering this powder was £30 for a mediocre product, I am returning it tomorrow. Bad colour range, bad finish on the skin and itchy face. Not my idea of a nice foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sooo much better than BE! I need mineral makeup since my skin type is so problematic (acne-prone, inflammed, hyperpigmentation). I've tried BE off and on through the years, thinking it should work for me, but it never does. Then I discovered LM - it isn't going to work miracles, but it covers well enough, the packaging is great, and the color match totally works. The best mineral makeup out there IMHO!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This is the best mineral powder foundation I have ever tried and I have tried alot! This powder has a luminous look to it which I love. ( I hated the powdery look I got from the maybelline and LÓreal mineral powders). This has great coverage as well. It is easy to belnd into the skin for a very natural light coverage (Elizabeth Ardens mineral did this very well although I wasnt able to build it up to a medium coverage. No matter how much powder I used). It is also really easy to build it up to a heavier coverage although because it is a powder it is very noticable that you are wearing makeup and alot of it. As opposed to liquids that tend to mesh better with the skin. I went through a whole jar of this and then I bought another one but decided to try out the NARS Sheer Glow foundation. The NARS sheer glow is much better for my skin. But I will keep this one around for those really hot hot days in Australia where the moment you put on a liquid you feel like it melts off. The built in SPF15 is also a bonus!