August 29, 2014 | 1886 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sahaar

I purchased this product after having been encouraged to try mineral powder foundations instead of my normal All-In-One Face base from The Body Shop which has been my go-to for about 5 years now. That powder is a little chalky so I was excited to try a mineral powder which apparently sinks into skin to produce a natural looking finish. I first tried the Bare Minerals powder, but was unfortunately allergic to the higher concentration of Bismuth in the powder and my face got red, hot and itchy. I did not have that reaction with the Laura Mercier powder, although it does contain bismuth. The powder is finely milled and feels luxurious, but simply does not do much for my face at all. First of all, the coverage is extremely weak, and I didn't find that the powder was sufficiently brightening. The shortage in shade choices make it difficult to find one that really does skin justice. I am brown with yellow undertones, and for some reason, most of the shades look very gray on me. I got the powder in Rich Vanilla, which was the closest match but which I noticed darkens throughout the day, probably due to oxidation. My barely-oily T-zone is no match for the alleged mattifying properties of the powder; within two hours, it's all gone, and I look as though there is nothing on my face whatsoever. The pearl complex in the powder prevents any natural-looking buildable coverage. You can apply layer after layer but end up looking like a scaly, gray, shiny oil slick. I was not a fan of this powder at all. I feel as though I am putting dirt on my face; its staying power is little to none, it truly lacks coverage abilities (and I only have a couple of acne scars on my forehead) and beware those with oily skin! It truly does nothing, and for such a high price, you'd be better off getting a couple different hypoallergenic mattifying pressed powders instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by mspye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only mineral powder foundation that is just seamless on my skin. Unfortunately, the lightest color is too yellow for my NW15 skin and the pink shade, Tender Rose, though the description online says its for fair to medium skin tones is super dark and a completely unnatural shade. I wore this to work on Friday and was horrified to see myself in the bathroom mirror at work. Just scary - I much prefer that unfortunate orange look you might get to this pink nightmare! I was truly embarassed to have to walk around all day like that. The same shade discrepancy exists in her oil-free liquid foundation as well. She only has one truly "fair" shade in these two products. If only she'd bridge that gap with a neutral fair shade.....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I have this in Pure Honey. This is better than Bare Escentuals mineral powder. It's not heavy, but it makes my skin look a lot better! It is a little pricey, but even with daily use, this will last you a while. One lasted me about a year, and I quickly went to repurchase another!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mindyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best mineral foundation on the market out of all the brands, drugstore to high end. The mineral powder is finely milled, feels silky smooth to the touch, goes on smoothly, covers well (and can be built up in layers for areas needing more coverage) and feels like you're not wearing makeup at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ameliab

LOVE this. Best Mineral Powder I have found so far. Not as dull as others I've tried and great natural coverage. Also seems to almost illuminate the skin which is lovely. Definitely won't be moving from this one for quite some time - though quite expensive I could just about justify it because I love the look of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

The best and only mineral foundation powder I use. I have this powder in 4 colors: Real Sand, Natural Beige, Classic Beige, and Rich Vanilla. Rich Vanilla is my favorite bronzer during summer. The coverage is build-able and little goes a long way. My skin is on a drier side, so I prefer to wear it with a heavier moisturizer underneath. I also use this powder to set my fluid foundation for a flawless finish. For the dewy, fresh and not powdery effect, I spritz some hydrating toner (filled in a spray bottle) all over my face as a last step of my make up application routine. Looks like real skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by godrocksyo

Love this product. It's so smooth and goes on looking amazing. Blends well and I put it over the regular TM when I want a complete look. Makes my skin look perfect. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jamiemory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for about 6 months, (I was recommended by a friend) before I noticed I was breaking out very very badly. I've always struggled with moderate acne, but this was the worst acne of my life. I ended up slowly cutting each product I was using at the time until I, sadly, had to let this one go. I liked the product itself. It is expensive, so that was a huge downside, but at the time I was willing to pay money for something that would work. I had beautiful skin before and now its cleared up entirely, but I still have acne scars. I think it was the bismuth that broke me out, but I can't be for sure. Proceed with Caution!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by fairladyzzxchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product during the summer, it's easy to throw on and go, and most of all, its sweat resistant!! I am super oily so during the summer i hate wearing foundation but because of acne scaring I have no choice. this is the best on the go product with amazing coverage, the trick is using their short angled face brush. This brush smooths on the product without accentuating pores or texture. Also, less is more!! this product is again water resistant so start with less and build toward the desired coverage using soft circular strokes. For those having issues with this product this should help. Also this isn't a product intended to set a foundation. Foundation always needs to be set with translucent powder and then can be lightly built with mineral powder. I use this product a lot for weddings because it doesn't look or feel heavy but looks flawless. hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know what to say about this powder. It works great alone but if I use it as a setting powder for a light-coverage foundation, it looks REALLY powdery and heavy. I wanted to love this but unfortunately I am not completely satisfied.

I wanted a pigmented powder because translucent powders don't seem to work for me. However, this one is good but not for me... either. Nevertheless, the color is just perfect for my skin tone (I have this in Real Sand) after I returned the original color I purchased (thanks, Sephora's poor lighting) because it was way too dark.

I really like the SPF, and the package provides the perfect amount without making a mess... but, ugh, mineral powder never seems to do it for me. I wish it worked with the oiliness of my T-zone, and actually maintained my skin looking great.