Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 5/7/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this after i started breaking out. i was deciding if i should get this or the acne treatment from clinique. After having a really bad experience with the 3 step system, i decided to try out this instead.

this smells really good and leaves my skin really soft. for small pimples, it reduces its size and redness. i used this as a spot treatment overnight, and it disappeared my pimple. :) i was really happy with this product. but instead i switched to the power wash (same line) The reason that i switched was because i use st ives apricot scrub, so i had to decide one.

I held off on reviewing this product for about a month because I didn't want to like it. I got myself convinced that it was necessary for me to stay far away from all scented and abrasive products and especially ones with the "tingly" feeling, and I have not strayed from the Acne.org gentle cleanser (similar to Cetaphil) in years. However, I ran out of my beloved facewash, and my roommate had this in our shower. I used it and loved my initial use of it - it smelled SO GOOD, made my face feel refreshed (but not overly tingly like some Neutrogena products do) and very clean! I liked it so much that I used it again, and again, and again.. until I decided to go out and buy my own. This whole time, I was *WAITING* for a massive breakout from this product - it just seemed to good to be true. But the breakout never came. Now a month into it and my skin is better than ever! I have mild-moderate acne but since I have been using this consistently (I use it twice a day) and follow with Acne.org 2.5% BP, I have never been clearer! I am THRILLED with this face wash and never want to go another day without it!

Pros: Cheap (maybe a little more expensive than most drugstore products? but still very affordable IMO), smells good, clears my acne when used consistently, easy to find at drugstore, makes me feel like I'm pampering myself for some reason :)

Cons: Sometimes the grains are a little hard to rinse off

Final consensus: This "scrub" is incredibly gentle so even if you have sensitive skin I wouldn't worry too much - the beads are very fine and nonabraisive. I am very sensitive to fragranced products (irritation and breakouts) but have had no adverse effects from this. I am sooo glad I found this - it is a miracle for me!

on 5/3/2009 5:46:00 PM

I absolutely love the smell of this! I just recently got into wearing more makeup and my perfect asian skin started breaking out. This scrub saved me! At first it broke me out more, but after a week or two m y small pimples vanished! The actually "scrubbers" aren't nearly as harsh as st ives and they still leave my face feeling cool and refreshed! The only downside is that the container doesn't get filled to the top and so I run out of this quickly.

This is a pretty decent scrub. It does clean my skin and its invigorating. I love how this stuff smells! It's easy to rinse off. I got this as a sample and i'm pretty impressed. No complaints on the packaging.Worth trying out.

on 4/30/2009 11:58:00 PM

The first time I used this product I was in love. The cooling sensation, the thorough cleansing, the easy to rinse formula. For one week I thought I had found a truly perfect scrub, for my skin was feeling and looking cleaner and clearer than ever. On the eighth day I discovered I was sadly mistaken. What I had thought was an acne clearing scrub had turned out to be an acne inducing scrub. My cheeks, which are not where I tend to break out, were riddled with pimples. My forehead was painful from the clusters of acne that had surfaced. The only area that wasn't completely bumpy was, ironically, the area I usually have breakouts: my chin. Please understand, this happened literally overnight, after which I abandoned the product immediately. Since then (2 weeks) I have been trying to help my skin recover, a task that has been more difficult than I expected. My skin began to calm down a couple days after I returned to my original cleanser, but I am still dealing with the aftermath of bumpy, rough skin. If you use this product, please be aware that even though it says everyday use, it may be wise to ease into any routine involving this scrub. As for me, I jumped right in to using it everyday, for I do not tend to have sensitive skin. After all, Neutrogena, which is known for causing sensitivity in many people, has never given me a problem. I actually adore their toners (pore refining) and facial moisturizers (ageless intensives). Unfortunately, this is not the scrub for me. I hope you have better luck than I.

on 4/30/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like to use this product when washing my face in the shower. It's a nice exfoliator, and seems to keep breakouts at bay. My face feels nice and clean after using this product without being dry. This is a definite keeper in my beauty arsenal!

on 4/20/2009 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Although I only get occasional pimples, I decided to give this product a try. I wouldn't really consider my skin to be sensitive but using this product hurt! It also made me break out terribly. Somehow, I managed to stick with it for a week using it every other night. I had hoped it was just a purging period, but my skin looked terrible. I stopped using this, and my skin stopped breaking out.

I still gave it a two because others seem to really like it. It just wasn't for me. Plus, it's gotten really great reviews in Allure.

on 4/10/2009 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A decent scrub that left my face feeling clean and not too dry, but did not help my skin in any noticeable way. I've come to learn that for my mild/moderate, but extremely persistent acne, drugstore products simply do not cut it.

on 4/9/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this for some time but I noticed I was still getting acne. Enough for me to go and search for something else. I do love the smell and feel of this though but it just wasnt for me.

on 3/30/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love it.

I washed my face a couple of hours ago and it still feels smooth and clean as if I just washed it. I don't feel heavy with this cream nor is it too overwhelming scent. It has a wonderful light smell that isn't obnoxious and it feels nice! I may update this after using it after two weeks to see if my stress acne went away.

Popular Scrubs