Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 5/3/2009 5:46:00 PM

I absolutely love the smell of this! I just recently got into wearing more makeup and my perfect asian skin started breaking out. This scrub saved me! At first it broke me out more, but after a week or two m y small pimples vanished! The actually "scrubbers" aren't nearly as harsh as st ives and they still leave my face feeling cool and refreshed! The only downside is that the container doesn't get filled to the top and so I run out of this quickly.

This is a pretty decent scrub. It does clean my skin and its invigorating. I love how this stuff smells! It's easy to rinse off. I got this as a sample and i'm pretty impressed. No complaints on the packaging.Worth trying out.

on 4/30/2009 11:58:00 PM

The first time I used this product I was in love. The cooling sensation, the thorough cleansing, the easy to rinse formula. For one week I thought I had found a truly perfect scrub, for my skin was feeling and looking cleaner and clearer than ever. On the eighth day I discovered I was sadly mistaken. What I had thought was an acne clearing scrub had turned out to be an acne inducing scrub. My cheeks, which are not where I tend to break out, were riddled with pimples. My forehead was painful from the clusters of acne that had surfaced. The only area that wasn't completely bumpy was, ironically, the area I usually have breakouts: my chin. Please understand, this happened literally overnight, after which I abandoned the product immediately. Since then (2 weeks) I have been trying to help my skin recover, a task that has been more difficult than I expected. My skin began to calm down a couple days after I returned to my original cleanser, but I am still dealing with the aftermath of bumpy, rough skin. If you use this product, please be aware that even though it says everyday use, it may be wise to ease into any routine involving this scrub. As for me, I jumped right in to using it everyday, for I do not tend to have sensitive skin. After all, Neutrogena, which is known for causing sensitivity in many people, has never given me a problem. I actually adore their toners (pore refining) and facial moisturizers (ageless intensives). Unfortunately, this is not the scrub for me. I hope you have better luck than I.

on 4/30/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like to use this product when washing my face in the shower. It's a nice exfoliator, and seems to keep breakouts at bay. My face feels nice and clean after using this product without being dry. This is a definite keeper in my beauty arsenal!

on 4/20/2009 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Although I only get occasional pimples, I decided to give this product a try. I wouldn't really consider my skin to be sensitive but using this product hurt! It also made me break out terribly. Somehow, I managed to stick with it for a week using it every other night. I had hoped it was just a purging period, but my skin looked terrible. I stopped using this, and my skin stopped breaking out.

I still gave it a two because others seem to really like it. It just wasn't for me. Plus, it's gotten really great reviews in Allure.

on 4/10/2009 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A decent scrub that left my face feeling clean and not too dry, but did not help my skin in any noticeable way. I've come to learn that for my mild/moderate, but extremely persistent acne, drugstore products simply do not cut it.

on 4/9/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this for some time but I noticed I was still getting acne. Enough for me to go and search for something else. I do love the smell and feel of this though but it just wasnt for me.

on 3/30/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love it.

I washed my face a couple of hours ago and it still feels smooth and clean as if I just washed it. I don't feel heavy with this cream nor is it too overwhelming scent. It has a wonderful light smell that isn't obnoxious and it feels nice! I may update this after using it after two weeks to see if my stress acne went away.

on 3/27/2009 5:05:00 PM

I've found an acne product that works! It's been a long and expensive road, but the time has come! A new staple in my bathroom, and used everyday. I use it once a day although I'm sure twice would be even better, but I'm not going to push it. I can wash my face with my eyes open! Who would have thunk? The green tea, and cucumber leave your skin clean, and refreshed without over drying. The microbeads are tame and unless you scrub with a lead hand they serve their purpose well! Nope it's not a cure, but it's a heck of an improvement from what I looked like beforehand.

on 3/17/2009 8:15:00 AM

Really like this! Currently I alternate between this scrub (2% sal acid) and the foaming cleanser (.5% sal acid) that way I dont overdue the BHA during the week. Both are very nice products. I had tried the other scrub that neutrogena has without so much luck, it's a bright blue one called Deep Clean or something, but anyway that one had sulphates in it that really dried out my skin. This creamy minty green scrub does not seem to have the sulphates and has just the right amount of little grainies (is that a word? ha) to take off makeup but also exfoliate. My face feels very clean and refreshed. I will update if it begins to dry me out or break me out, but so far the 5 lippies are justified