December 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation and apply it with my kabuki brush. It provides medium coverage and use this often when I don't feel like applying liquid foundation. I use shade 209. There is a bit of shine a few hours after applying but blotting with my clean and clear oil absorbing sheets normally remedies that.

MUFE HD 153
MUFE Mat+ 55
MAC NC 42-43

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tracenaf06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG! I FELL IN L.O.V.E..I went to Sephora today to waste time before work and i always wanted to try this foundation on cuz i heard rly good reviews about it..ITS THE BEST. When the woman helped me put it on, my face looked so good. I went to work then went home and my face still looked amazing..Im definitly buying this when I get my paycheck.
UPDATE!sep-26-2010
Okay, my love for this product was short lived. After a while, I realised it made my face look slightly dull, it didn't have the same warmth. The packaging could be better, it crumbled in my bag and went everywhere! I hate the small half-moon mirror, definitly not worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

So far this is the only powder foundation ive known to not break me out. Love it for everyday coverage. Breakouts have been minimal. Looks great when freshly applied. not chalky or white on the skin. however i require touchup. without a base it will look somewhat cakey once the oils of your skin start to seep in. i havent tried touching up with this powder but i'd imagine it would look worse. i just blot my face with tissues from the bathroom. though i have tried this powder and the setting it with a face mist. looks better than way. guess it takes away the powdery-ness and once you go back to touch up your skin looks more glowy rather than cakey. try it. if your like me and you break out easily, this may be HG for you. Update: this stuff is godsent. I started applying bbq'd cream before this and my skin has not been flaming up, even during that time of.month. why haven't you bought this yet?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shortygal201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for more than a year now. I have combo skin and this works for me. I would say it provides medium coverage. It is long lasting on me and does not fade away after hours of wearing it. It does not enhance dry areas on my face, which is a huge plus! I wish it were cheaper, but I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by sharibenson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder foundation! It is expensive, but its great on my combo to oily skin and does not break me out. I have tried others that are not as expensive and nothing comes close to this! Great coverage, with an extra swipe or two in a certain area it covers up the occasional blemish. Comes with a nice sponge and I love the magnetic closure, keeps me assured the compact will not open up in my purse. The only thing I'd change is the price! Have been repurchasing now for a year!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in #203 I think, the number rubbed off after 1 month. The packaging is very poor quality. When I dropped the compact, the hinge broke and now it no longer closes properly. The mirror is quite annoying as I can only see 3/4 of my face at a time. Were they trying to save cost when they produced the packaging? The powder was great at first, very smooth texture and looked very nice on my skin. But then it oxidized. I gave this a 3.0 because the powder is still nice but the case is a mess and I hate how flimsy it is. I won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was a huge fail. it was so chalky and thick and awful. it didn't blend well at all. i wish i could have taken this bck to sephora but i threw out the box and receipt.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I have this in 203, I am NC30-35, but I tend to get my powder foundation a little bit lighter because it always turns a bit darker on me when it oxidizes with my natural oils.

First, the compact is really cheap. The cut away in the mirror is really annoying to me as I hate small mirrors in compacts. The sponge that comes with it is a nice quality, but other than that, this looks like it came from CVS, not Sephora.

The powder is not as finely milled as I would like. A bit gritty imo. 203 is a pretty good match for me even others here on MUA with my skintone is using 205 or even 209. There is enough yellow in 203 too, I am Asian with a lot of olive.

Coverage is about medium to full if you really pack it on. it doesn't look cakey even if you pack it on though, but like I said, somehow the powder doesn't feel smooth when applied.

Pro is that oxidizing is minimal and after about 30 minutes, it settles nicely.

So I have good & bad for this, but I will be returning this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried several shades and none were a perfect match for my NC 30-40 skin, they were too dark, too orange, too yellow. The coverage is good but once I look at my skin really close or in different light, I can see the makeup on my skin, easily. I have oily skin and as the the goes on this get really cakey on me, like it has to come completely off and go back on, that's not going to work for me. I think studio fix is a lot better that this, it stay nicer throughout the day and doesn't oxidize like this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

This is the best powder foundation I've ever tried. I have combination skin and am about an NW27 (between NW25 and NW30). I got matched to 205 in Duo Mat and it's the perfect match for me. I love the finish and the staying powder and on me this foundation does not cake, turn orange nor makes me oily.
Two thumbs up for this product.