July 28, 2014 | 2163 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shortygal201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for more than a year now. I have combo skin and this works for me. I would say it provides medium coverage. It is long lasting on me and does not fade away after hours of wearing it. It does not enhance dry areas on my face, which is a huge plus! I wish it were cheaper, but I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by sharibenson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder foundation! It is expensive, but its great on my combo to oily skin and does not break me out. I have tried others that are not as expensive and nothing comes close to this! Great coverage, with an extra swipe or two in a certain area it covers up the occasional blemish. Comes with a nice sponge and I love the magnetic closure, keeps me assured the compact will not open up in my purse. The only thing I'd change is the price! Have been repurchasing now for a year!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in #203 I think, the number rubbed off after 1 month. The packaging is very poor quality. When I dropped the compact, the hinge broke and now it no longer closes properly. The mirror is quite annoying as I can only see 3/4 of my face at a time. Were they trying to save cost when they produced the packaging? The powder was great at first, very smooth texture and looked very nice on my skin. But then it oxidized. I gave this a 3.0 because the powder is still nice but the case is a mess and I hate how flimsy it is. I won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was a huge fail. it was so chalky and thick and awful. it didn't blend well at all. i wish i could have taken this bck to sephora but i threw out the box and receipt.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I have this in 203, I am NC30-35, but I tend to get my powder foundation a little bit lighter because it always turns a bit darker on me when it oxidizes with my natural oils.

First, the compact is really cheap. The cut away in the mirror is really annoying to me as I hate small mirrors in compacts. The sponge that comes with it is a nice quality, but other than that, this looks like it came from CVS, not Sephora.

The powder is not as finely milled as I would like. A bit gritty imo. 203 is a pretty good match for me even others here on MUA with my skintone is using 205 or even 209. There is enough yellow in 203 too, I am Asian with a lot of olive.

Coverage is about medium to full if you really pack it on. it doesn't look cakey even if you pack it on though, but like I said, somehow the powder doesn't feel smooth when applied.

Pro is that oxidizing is minimal and after about 30 minutes, it settles nicely.

So I have good & bad for this, but I will be returning this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried several shades and none were a perfect match for my NC 30-40 skin, they were too dark, too orange, too yellow. The coverage is good but once I look at my skin really close or in different light, I can see the makeup on my skin, easily. I have oily skin and as the the goes on this get really cakey on me, like it has to come completely off and go back on, that's not going to work for me. I think studio fix is a lot better that this, it stay nicer throughout the day and doesn't oxidize like this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

This is the best powder foundation I've ever tried. I have combination skin and am about an NW27 (between NW25 and NW30). I got matched to 205 in Duo Mat and it's the perfect match for me. I love the finish and the staying powder and on me this foundation does not cake, turn orange nor makes me oily.
Two thumbs up for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by joyjoy01

it's very inconsistant. doesn't cover much and could look cakey if you wear too much. the worst is that it ozidizes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Oblinsa

I don't generally wear powder foundation, this is one of only two that I have used in over twenty years after a round of them in the 80's when I was a teen. The ones back then were horrible, and that caused me to walk a wide berth around powder and wet/dry foundations since then.
A couple of years ago, I tried Besame powder foundation (after all, it was in the little vanity case I so adored) and found that it was absolutely wonderful for my complexion and for 'light days' when I didn't want to go with full foundation but still wanted to somewhat even and mattify my skin tone. And then.. they sold out. Horrors! Sorrow! Wailing and gnashing of teeth!
*ahem*
So I went about trying to find a replacement. I can't stand the mineral foundations because I find that they give my skin a sickly sheen, so I wanted something matte and easy to carry around. After working with several in Sephora (and have you ever gone into Sephora with no makeup on whatsoever? One feels positively naked!) I narrowed it down to MUFE and Dior. Hard choice, as I have fairly good experiences with Dior's liquid foundations, and absolutely horrible experience with MUFE's liquid foundations. But the cost and color match won me over.
I haven't tried this wet, as the whole point is something to use when I'm not using my liquid foundations. Dry, it goes on smoothly and blends well. I tend to either put it on really simply with just a medium sized powder brush all over if I'm just running errands, or if I'm going to work I apply it with a small cover up brush under the eyes, around the nose, on little red bits, then a sponge to the nose and forehead (T-zone!) and finally the powder brush all over with extra blending. I find it stays fairly matte for hours and evens things out without looking at all unnatural.
It's not quite as good as the unattainable Besame foundation, and I took a lippy off the packaging because it's absolutely gorgeous and sleek and stable, but.. a chip came off the plastic on the back on the second day. So I've had to be careful of it ever since.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Timberjean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I liked this product. I have it in 205 and depending on my tan it can be too dark. It goes on fast in the morning when I'm struggling with time. I use a brush to apply it and the sponge it comes with to pat around my nose. You do need to blend very well or it can look powdery.