Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/10/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST FOUNDATIONS I HAVE EVER TRIED! I have oily skin and this literally lasts me all day, and I hardly ever have to touch it up! The only problem I have is that the color selection does not work for me:( I have to blend foundations to get the perfect color but I love everything else about this foundation so it's a keeper!

on 5/8/2013 2:06:00 AM

Best foundation I have found for my acne-prone combination skin! It keeps my face matte for hours and I don't need primer or finishing powder. This will always be my go to if I ever have those full coverage days.

on 5/6/2013 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I specifically did not go looking for a matte finish foundation because I wanted light to medium natural/glowy coverage. However, I had a really hard time finding a color match (very pale and neutral), plus I can't use any foundations with chemical sunscreen, so I got to the point where I was really desperate to try something, anything that might be light enough for me, and 15 Alabaster is probably the overall lightest shade that MUFE makes.

The first time I tried it on, all my doubts were confirmed: every dry patch on my face sprang out into chalky relief and I could feel the foundation sucking every last droplet of moisture out of my skin. It was a fabulous color match but I couldn't wait to wash it off.

It was when I was putting on my very heavy, sticky, oily Vanicream sunscreen that my eye fell on the Mat Velvet+ sample jar and inspiration hit. I dotted Mat Velvet+ over the sunscreen and blended it with a Beauty Blender dupe and I was blown away. Medium coverage, natural to dewy finish, great color match, my skin looked amazing, and it took the curse off the greasy finish of the Vanicream and stuck around all day!

Long story short (too late) I bought a tube and am still thrilled to death. An extra plus is how long a tube will last since I dot it on sheerly. If you're having a hard time finding a pale foundation give this a try, even if you don't want matte full coverage. Try sheering it out with moisturizer or primer, or wearing it over very rich moisturizer. You might be surprised. (UPDATE: I have also been wearing this mixed one part MV+ to two parts L'Oreal Magic Lumi Illuminating Primer, over lighter and less-greasy sunscreen. I like it very much.)

on 5/6/2013 1:05:00 AM

This foundation is nice still not doing what it supposed to do. I havent noticed much 'Matt' finish after wearing this for couple of hours. I tried it with or without a primer. Plus its Overpriced.

I absolutely love this foundation. I have tried many, many different foundations and this one is definitely in my top favorites. Makes my skin matte without drying it out, and it lasts pretty long (not all day though). This is one of the few foundations which matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm in love!

This is okay. I love it for the shade range because I have a hard time finding foundation that matches my undertones. But just so you know.. it's not matte. At least on me, am I doing something wrong? No matter what I put underneath or on top, I definitely have a 'glow' (ahem, shine. And I'm not oily!) from the moment it's applied. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it's certainly not marketed that way. But it's light while with good coverage, and I like the shade range. I'm on my second bottle. A little goes a long way which helps offset the cost. I'm currently using the Tarte BB cream instead of foundation and loving it, but I'll keep this around and I may repurchase when I run out again. The longwearing matte foundation by which I will forever judge all others is Revlon Colorstay, and I took off two lippies because this leaves something to be desired both in finish and wear.

on 5/2/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I take back everything I previously said about this product. I loathe it and I am returning it immediately. It was cakey and flakey and after a few hours I was shiny and my skin was feeling greasy. Upon closer inspection, the foundation had started to separate. It was AWFUL.

on 4/23/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this foundation is perfect
colore wise it matches me perfectly which is usually my biggest concerns
coverage its amazing
blends easily with my flat sigma kabuki and i tried it with a wet sponge and it blends perfectly
staying power is amazing i never worries about it melting or diasappearing
doesnt break me out at all ( i heve a clear skin to start with )
cheap as it retails 35 doleers which is good in comparasion here in my country as it is the same price as loreal foundations
my only proplem is i have dry skin sometimes very dry i have to exfoilates my skin and moisturise it so deeply before i apply it so i keep it for occasions
definatly i would buy it again :)

on 4/21/2013 10:10:00 PM

Love this more than my hd foundation!

I got it for a friend's wedding which i was one of the bridesmaid, so you know your makeup has to be stay on all day because you never know when will you have time to touch up. I heard mix feelings about this foundation but still decided to give it a try, and yes! it does stay on from 630 am to 1130 pm with makeup setting spray(all nighter from UD). And i have been crying and sweating (you know you have to walk around and get everything done if you even be a bridesmaid before).

I did try it on a regular day, and i love how one layer of this foundation give you a nature finish and the coverage can be builded up without looking cakey or feeling heavy, set it with power and setting spray and you are good to go.

i think the only down side is the package, i hate hate hate foundation that doesn't come with a pump, it just make me feel weird. But this is my HG foundation and the color range for this foundation is good :)

on 4/18/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this stuff! I have tried many many different brands and this is the only one that works. It keeps me mat all day and I don't have to keep rubbing my face with my sleeves like I had to do with other products. Althought it's expensive, it's so worth it.