November 23, 2014 | 1000 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i'm just going to begin with saying i have tried the dry shampoos from tresemme, dove, and oscar blandi. tresemme is complete crap, it made my hair feel even greasier after i used it. dove has an overpowering scent and it doesn't work. oscar blandi came out clear which was great but it didn't provide volume or banished any shine on my hair. so i'm telling you now, the best thing that ever happened tome was the batiste dry shampoos. it's takes away traces of unwanted oil, boosts volume on your hair and leaves you smelling and feeling great.

last summer i picked up 3 of the travel sized batiste dry shampoos at winners, i got 2 original scents and 1 tropical scent. the original smells clean and fresh and the tropical smells amazing, so fruity! after finishing those 3 small cans i went to purchase more but i noticed that this dry shampoo isn't very easy to find during the colder months of the year. i live in canada and last year the only place i saw that sells batiste was at winners; but thankfully now they sell 2 scents in walmart! which make it much more accessible since it would be available year round! but winners stocks up on them during the summer months and they sell for a cheaper price too so i would suggest to stock up during the summer months!

this stuff could be pricey considering that 1 can doesn't last you very long but i think it is worth it because it saves you time from washing your hair. i usually use it on the second day from my last wash but sometimes when i'm feeling really lazy i would even use it on the third day ;) (shh i'm clean, i swear!) this dry shampoo shouldn't leave your hair feeling chalky or grey. the best way i find to get rid of that is to first spray the dry shampoo on the areas where you most need it. and i can't stress enough that you have to keep a distance between your scalp and the can, as instructed on the label of the bottle. avoid putting it all over your roots because honestly you only need the top layer of your hair to look oil-less to achieve that clean hair look, this way it saves your money and the can would last you longer. let it sit for a few minutes i usually let it sit for at least 3-4 mins, i feel like this works best imo. then i take my fingers and slowly and gently massage the powder into my scalp. after that i would tilt my head forward and ruffle through the areas, in a zigzag motion, down my hairline and everywhere where i sprayed, and that should do the trick of getting rid of the powedery greys. if this still doesn't work for you, you can buy the colored options batiste offer!

i also tried blush and wild. i think my favourite scent would be wild because it smells fantastic! it has the strongest scent of all of the dry shampoos batiste has. it's kind of that nice women perfumey smell?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by krazayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll keep this review simple: Too expensive, too powdery, and not as good as the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak dry shampoo. It didn't give my hair the body that Clean Freak did, and it left a pretty bad white residue (even after massaging into my roots and brushing). it's also a few dollars more expensive. However, a tip for those who love this: It is available at some Marshalls' for a discounted price. Even then, Clean Freak is cheaper. And better. Just saying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Ambercooper

This is such a good product, I have been using it for years!!
So handy for it you don't have time to shower or if you have a side fringe / fringe that gets greasy before the rest of your hair!!!
Particularly love the coconut one because it smells divine!
Really good value in boots, they always have 2 for 1 deals or half price deals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by xxroyale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this stuff and I love it! I have used other, more expensive dry shampoos as well as the tresemme dry shampoos and this is the best I've tried. I got the original scent first, but I just bought the floral & flirty blush scent today and have yet to use it. I don't really care about scent unless it smells gross but this smelled alright. The blush scent smells more floral and girly which I like. I just spray this in my oily brunette hair brush through it with both my fingers and a brush (I also like to flip my hair upside down and comb thru w/ my fingers) and it blends in. It doesn't become flaky or anything and it does blend in if you mess with it a bit (which is the same w/ most dry shampoos). Honestly my second fave dry shampoo after this is baby powder but I even like this more because it blends in better. Love this stuff and totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by vicky4041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best dry shampoo ever. I prefer the one for blonde hair best. It smells fresh and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by 10012039

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard good things about this product and I finally found it so I bought 5 bottles. It really works! My hair looked more fluffy and not greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by PreyForGod

I've tried dry shampoos from Got2b, Tresemme, and Tigi. None of them worked. I was really on the hunt for one for when I go on vacation in August because I know I'm going to be outside a lot and my hair's probably going to be dealing with humidity and sweat. After all the one's I tried, I started doing my research, looking at dry shampoo reviews on youtube and looking at ratings on here. This one worked like a charm. Yes your hair will look a little chalky/grey at first but after rubbing it in enough your hair won't look so greasy. I was so happy to snag this at Marshalls for $6, and with that my hunt was over.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by longs4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried original, tropical, blush, wild, & cherry. They all work the same but the best smelling one imo by far is the cherry. The other fragrances I didn't like. I want to try the blonde version next since this does leave a white residue unless you really rub it in good. Performance-wise this beats out Dove & both Suave selections.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great little product, I can't believe all the negative reviews! This is a "rescue" product for the days when you don't have time to wash your hair or to give the roots a little lift, you can't realistically expect it to compare to a full wash/condition in any way.
I've been using this for about 5 years, so feel like I finally had to write a review!!
These are a bargain price and last ages because you only use on the roots.
I have thick heavy hair and tend to wash twice a week. On the 3rd day, I use Batiste to just revive the roots and give me the extra day.
You can feel the product on your hair if you run your fingers through - but what would you expect? You have layered it on the greasy roots! It looks great and if you're expecting some to run their fingers through it - you should probably wash it properly!!
There are lots of variations, my fav to date being the Blonde one and Tropical. Newest purchase has been cherry which smells pretty nice!
Only downside would be that too much applied will give darker hair a slight grayish cast. Not obvious on blondes but need to be more careful with darker hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I've tried my 2nd can of this and will not be repurchasing. Both fragrances I've tried smell chemically overpowering to me, the smell doesn't go away. When running your hand through your hair you can feel product on it, which stays on your hand - ugh! Finally, it didn't seem to clean my hair fully, and at the end of the day the greasiness had returned. My hair felt heavy. When showering, I'm aware of the build-up in my hair from this product.
Please purchase Klorane dry shampoo instead - it's far superior, and worth the extra effort of ordering online.