Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/16/2008 9:21:00 AM

This is one of my favorite products ever. I wear it under my mineral powder and wow...my face looks smooth and almost flawless. I've noticed that it also keeps my makeup in place better and I don't have to retouch as often.

on 1/10/2008 7:59:00 PM

i have a love hate relationship with this product. i use this everyday. it works. i once tried another primer and found myself missing this one.

at first i really hated it. the consitancy is like cake frosting or something. its white but if you rub it in enough it goes on clear. Read the label and wait a full 2 minutes before adding more make up or it will not work correctly.

it does not change the appearance of my face in anyway. the only thing its really good for is creating a seal on my face and helping makeup stay put. it does help stop my skin from getting super shiny and oily but it doesnt correct this problem completely.

i have used this product for a long time. and overall i like it. but after a while it becomes really waterly. like the ingredents in it seperate or something. so you have to shake it alot but even then it doesnt return to its orginal state. so i never get my moneys worth by using the full bottle.

on 1/10/2008 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Sorry to be a naysayer but this stuff just makes my skin and makeup look really bad. I've tried it with many techniques and with different foundations and it's a no-go. I have enlarged pores on my cheeks and forehead and it did nothing but make them worse!! I put about a dime's worth on and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then a liquid or powder foundaiton and within an hour my makeup s rolling off my skin. I exfoliate regularly so it is not congested skin. Maybe I got a "bad" product, I don't know. I will stick with smashbox and pores no more which are far superior primers. In general, I'm not a total philosophy fan except for their body washes and micro-derm. I think they are overpriced on everything.

Update-Makes me breakout in cystic acne. UGHHH!

on 1/3/2008 2:36:00 PM

love love love this product! i've finally found a primer that actually works without breaking out my skin! this stuff really fills in pores making them virtually invisible. it also leaves your skin feeling very soft. as far as controlling oil, i can't say that it does a great job at that, but it doesn't make it worse either. i've used it under creme foundation, mineral makeup, and just a regular liquid foundation and every time my skin looked flawless. i've even used this by itself and i love it that way also! when used by itself, of course it doesn't offer any coverage, but it just kind of makes your skin look how it does when you take a picture with a filter...its kind of a cast that evens out your skin tone and just makes you look airbrushed. i love it! as far as the smell, its lavender, which i'm personally not too fond of, however it only lasts until its rubbed in. and you really only need a tiny amount for your whole face...i would say a pea size at most. this stuff is also good as a moisturizer for someone with normal skin. overall its great, and i think it might be HG material!

on 12/27/2007 9:42:00 AM

I like it. Love it in fact. Note that you really do have to wait 2 minutes after application before putting anything on. I've used with regular foundation and TM. I've practically put away my MAC Blot Powder because this stuff, unlike Smashbox or MAC did for me, really keeps the oilies around my nose away. Wish it had sunscreen. I have used it alone and don't think it meets all the claims of practically photoshopping your skin in real life but it can be used for a casual, no-makeup type weekend. I use such a small amount I can't imagine going through this fast at all.

Skin type: slightly combo to dry, no blemishes, slight redness

on 12/23/2007 2:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Leaves your skin looking smooth & even. Good for someone with large pores. Lasts a very long time & you only need a little bit for each use. Make sure you let it dry as long as you have time for or else whatever you put on top will blend with it & it looks really gross & you will be trying to rub it off forever. Also, make sure you rub it in good or you will have white spots that are pretty hard to rub in when it dries. I put it on after the shower & then I will brush my teeth & do a few more things before I start doing the rest of my make-up. I will buy this forever. If you really want to hide pores, apply Smashbox Photo Finish Primer on top. Woo-hoo, what a combo!

on 12/12/2007 9:29:00 AM

I have gone through quite a few primers both water and silicone-based that either did nothing or caused my skin to break out. I am not a Philosophy girl; most of their products are just average to me. The clear present makeup primer is a little gem for me. It actually leaves my face matte all day without breaking out my skin. I use this with liquid foundation. I wait ten minutes after applying my moisturizer before I apply this. Then I apply a pea sized amount and wait 5- 10 minutes for it to set up before I apply foundation. I use liquid foundation ( EL Double Wear) with this. This really gives my face that finished look but more important to me is that it really controls oil in my T-zone. As I have large pores around my nose I still need to dab Clinique Instant pore perfector on top of the The Present to fill in the pores but that is no big deal. This is such a good value too; a 2oz tube sells for $25. Has a lavender herbal scent. Contains parabens. Update: I did end up having breakouts from this product after all.

on 12/8/2007 8:17:00 PM

This is great stuff. You have to wait 2 mins. after applyin a small pea size amt. I do find that it is hard to use with some liquid or cream foundation though. So depending on what time of year it is , and what foundation I use , this is the one for.It does help with oilies and shine though.

on 12/4/2007 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved how my skin looked after I applied it, but sadly it broke me out. I've been having great success with Philosohpy's Poreless, Flawless. It is much lighter, but really smoothes out the skin.

on 12/3/2007 10:00:00 PM

this is a holy grail for me. i absolutely love it!!! i have combo skin so i use this on its own under foundation. i was warned by the MA at sephora to make sure i wait 2 minutes before applying foundation or else it will "ball up." however, that hasnt happen yet. i just use a really small amount, it goes on evenly and smoothly...and the price is amazing! i hate the other clear silicone primers that ive tried and i hate how the shiseido primer gives my face a really "powder" look. this is perfect.

Popular Primer/ Correctors