August 27, 2014 | 1868 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by MAY59

I love this eyeliner because it doesn't smudge & it stays on all day long. The dark black color is what I love - you could put a thin line or make it a little thicker. However, one has to have steady hands & practice to put it on right. But once you know how to apply it, it is worth it. This eyeliner doesn't burn my eyes like the other liquid eyeliners that I have tried in the past. Because of the staying power, I did initially had problems like the others, trying to remove it using various eyemakeup remover & cold cream, always rubbing my eyes out. But I discovered Neutrogena makeup remover towlettes does the job well with no effort. What a discovery! Now I am REALLY enjoying applying my Liquidlast Liner and was motivated to purchase more colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by prncss

Previously, I was using L'oreal's Lineur Intense for 2 years which I loved for its felt tip applicator that made application really easy and for its precision lining. Also, it was a quick drying formula. However, the L'oreal liner fades quickly and needs touch-ups often, so I was on the hunt to find a longer-lasting liner.

I tried the Revlon Color Stay and despite the good reviews, it smudged really bad on my eyelids especially in hot summer weather. I also tried the Maybelline Waterproof Liner but that also smudged.

The MAC liquidlast liner is the longest wearing liquid eyeliner that I have ever tried. I'm not fond of the brush applicator which is not as precise as the felt tip applicators, and the formula is really gloopey and thick, which takes forever to try! This is my gripe about this product. It takes literally 5 minutes to dry which is annoying because I have to stand there and keep my eyes shut to keep it from smearing. Otherwise I have to fix it with a Q-tip dipped in makeup remover because it does not wipe off easily.

Once it is dry it stays put all day for me. I don't have to worry about it and continually check a mirror for smudging, which makes it really hassle-free. I don't need to carry back-up liner in my purse anymore. Also, when I cry it stays put and does not fade, although at the end of the night it does start to flake off.

Some other reviewers commented that the color was more of a matte grey, but I did not find this to be a problem. It was a true black, although the Lineur Intense in Carbon Black was a darker black.

UPDATE July 2008
There is a dupe for this. It is called GOSH Extreme Artliner. Even the packaging is the exact same. It sells for $13 and comes in more colors than MAC. It also has the same lasting power but I have gone back to my L'oreal Lineur Intense. I just don't have the time and patience to wait for fluidline to dry and was sick of fixing the smudges when it was still wet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tat2dfaerie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOLed at the review describing this eyeliner as lasting through a nuclear attack because it probably would.
I've used Blacktrack Fluidline religiously but was unhappy with its staying power, so I switched over to the Liquidlast. The brush sucks, but the deep, black color and insane staying power is enough to make me keep using this.
Along with some other reviewers, I use this on my waterline from time to time.
You definitely need a good, oily remover to get this stuff off. I use MAC's pink-bottled remover or Clinique's Take The Day Off.
Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by shanty

I love the liquidlast liners, they have the best staying power I have ever seen! And that's a big big plus for me. Point black is a true black and stays put all day and night without budging even the tiniest bit. I love these liners. But for those with sensitive skin around the eyes, I can see these getting that area a little irritated since it takes quite a bit to take this stuff off. But all in all, great product and would definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This eyeliner has amazing staying power. I had this on for the entire day and it did not budge at all. I am not a liquid liner user and only needed this for special occasions. The staying power of this is definitely great. At the end of the day, it did transfer just faintly (you would have to be within an inch from my eyes to see) but it was not big deal since my eyelids are super oily and I was out for a long time. However, this is not the easiest thing to apply and it does take a while to dry.

Overall a good eyeliner however, revlon colorstay would probably work just as well. I would spend money on something else though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I love this eye liner. It has been my favorite for maybe a year or so. I was previously using blacktrack fluidline, and it was great and all, but it faded throughout the day for me. I wasn't impressed with it. But with this liquidlast liner, it goes on BLACK. and it stays put throughout the day (even the next morning) If i want a thin line, I'll use the brush it came with. But if i want a thicker line or if i want to smoke my eye liner, i'll use a small applicator brush. Definitely my HG. I have this in all the colors!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

i have sensitive eyes that tend to be watery. i finally bought this liner and it's perfect for people like me. also it's great for working out or swimming. it will not budge!! i dont like the brush that comes with it so i just use my 210 to apply it and i have better control for application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahxromance

I swear by this stuff! I would never usually buy liquid liners, i could never get on with them, but i knew that deep down if i wanted it to last, i'd need to give in and buy one. I was recommded this by a friend who tours/plays with various bands and works as a roadie/tech, her words were "i wear this out on stage every night, remember those panda eyes we got after shows when we were kids? never again" My sister brought me it for my birthday two weeks later, and i've never used another black liquid liner since. And that was nearly three years ago. Sometimes i wish the brush to not be a brush, but for the most part, i can deal with it, i could never go without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nightnurse1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

WARNING!!! this is not a eyeliner, but a permenent marker lol....i have applied this eyeliner in the day and it will not budge. you can swim in it, shower in it, and cry with it and it will not fail you. Please!!!!! on a serious note....this eyeliner is very hard to remove and can leave your eyes and the skin around your eyes very sore due to the amount of scrubbing in order to get it off. However besides all of that, its a great eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only eyeliner I buy. I always wear liquid eye liner and would always have problems with the eyeliner getting on my eye lids (I have oily skin). But this stays on without smudging. The only thing is waiting for it to dry because if you're too impatient it'll get on your lids! Once it's on it's a vivid black color and won't come off. It last me a while too, about 3-4 months, not bad for $15.