MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My dream come true. Finally a liner that makes me look perfect all day. It does not come off even on the corners, which have been a problem with everything else. I must admit that controlling the brush was a bit of a challenge at first but I did learn it quite a quickly and you could easily buy your own brush too. In some mornings I use another brush if I cant afford to mess up, but honestly you get a pretty neat thin line with the brush thats built in to product too. I know I am looking darn good when people ask me what eye liner I am using and where they can get it. I think this is really a product thats truly HG because anything I have ever used before comes even close. You need a waterproof oil based remover. I use the cheap Garnier bi-phase one and I have had no problems getting it off. I do not really understand the complains people have it is so hard to get off. It comes off easily with any oily makeup remover. EDIT: I have had this one 4 months now and I found out I am gonna need to toss this now because it does not go on as smoothly anymore and it skips too much. I just dont get that glamorous look anymore. I think I am not going to purchase this but MAC gel liner in blitz & Glitz for softer look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the longest lasting eyeliner I have ever used. I have really oily skin and eye make up tends to crease, but not a chance with this stuff. I use gel eyeliner on an everyday basis, but this is awesome for special occasions where crying or sweating might be an issue. I don't love the brush and if you keep it too long, the formula will get sticky. You really have to practice putting this stuff on, because if you mess up, you're going to need a really strong eye make up remover to get it off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have been on the search for a good liquid liner for awhile and gave this a try. I'm a seasoned pro at applying liquid liner but this was a little tricky, its thick and sticky, it clumped into my eyelashes which I just dabbed off with my fingers. After washing my hands 5 times it finally came off, but if you smudge or mess it up when applying it on your eyelid, forget about easily fixing it. I will give it this, if you get it on right, it will stay of FOREVER, you can wash all your makeup off and this will still be there. I had to use an eyemakeup remover 3 times to get this off adn my eyes were red and irritated afterward. I think i'd only use it again for special occations where I know I'd need it to last all day and night. Or maybe when swimming, haha.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product after hearing rave reviews about it's staying power. I've had trouble with other black eyeliners because of my asian monolids, with most fading to grey or ending up under my eye in a few hours. However liquidlast stayed put for hours and did not fade at all. Although I like the staying power, it was really annoying when it smudged onto my contact lenses- after it got onto my lenses I had to throw them away as the liner is so waterproof that it was impossible to get off. This product takes ages to dry and a thin neatly drawn line turns into a thick black mess when I blink. Another problem is that it tends to start cracking after more than a few hours. I suggest patting a black eyeshadow like Mac Carbon on top and/or using an eye primer.
The brush is absolute crap, it is impossible to create the perfect line because the bristles are not tapered and extremely short.
After a couple months of using this, the liquid dried out and became too thick to use. Definitely not worth the NZ$40 I spent on it as it could only be used a few times.
Overall, I would recommend this to people who are experts with liquid eyeliner and do not have monolids or wear contacts. I would suggest this for a night out, not for everyday use.
Tip: I found it quite difficult to get off, and ended up rubbing my eyes raw with my regular makeup remover but I found soaking a cotton ball with baby oil before cleansing gets it off easily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product has two plus points. One is that it is VERY resilient, making it great for swimming and sports. The second is that it's a highly pigmented, very deep black.

But it's just too much of a pain for every day use. The product is very, very thick and gloopy, and the brush is really thin and flimsy...a combination that makes it a total b1tch to apply. It's hard to avoid getting jagged edges when drawing a line.

Removing it is a bit of a faff, as you need something oil-based - this stuff will not come off with water or normal makeup remover wipes. Baby oil will do the trick, but I don't really like adding an extra step to my cleansing routine, or putting oil on my eyes.

So it's a pain to put on and a pain to take off, which means that, apart from the odd occasion where I need my makeup to be waterproof, I'll be using my Urban Decay eyeliner instead.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product is the longest lasting eyeliner I have ever tried. I have very very oily lids and my eyes are really big so my eyelid ends up touching my crease so eyeliner always tends to get on my crease. However, this eyeliner will not budge until I take baby oil and remove it that way. I went to Disney over the summer and it took me through sweltering hot sweaty days and Florida downpour rain. It does not budge.

However, the brush is difficult to handle and without extra care the product does get on my eyelashes and makes them look ugly. This also tends to dry out fairly quickly.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Packaging is just not right for the consistency of the product. The liquid is pretty thick and the brush is too soft to get between lashes and instead gets all over lashes. It takes forever to dry so I often accidentally open my eyes and get it all over my hood. It's the only eyeliner I've found that, when dry, is completely smudge and waterproof.

I've used a different applicator to put it on and that works but then i have to wash that applicator after each use. Too much of a pain for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I own two Liquidlast eyeliners and even though the pigmentation and staying power is great, there's just something about the formula or the built in brush that makes it stick to my eyelashes when I apply it. This makes my lashes stick together and look like, uhm, not so good (even after applying mascara)...
It's a shame, since both the pigmented deep black color and the finish is really nice. This is what saves it from being rated 1.
I might try to apply it with a separate brush and fiddle around with the technique. But I don't think it should be that much of a hassle to apply liquid liner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

pros:
- Extremely black.
- Stayed on all day.

cons:
- Flimsy piece o' crap brush. I have to apply with an SE209.
- Came off in the shower. (which wouldn't be that bad, had it not been promised to me it would only come of with oil-based makeup remover.)

overall:
I would repurchase, just until I find a better liquid liner.

This liner was THE most horrible liquid liner I have ever tried. Took forever to dry and got all over my lashes making them clump together and it would NOT come off. I had done a beautiful purple smokey look with pigments and it was completely RUINED with this liner!! It smudged when I tried to curl my lashes b/c it wasn't dry yet and there IS no removing this stuff unless you use an oil based remover. I returned it the day after buying it. I am sticking to BTFL for now until I can find a waterproof smudge proof liquid liner that I like. If anyone knows of one, please message me. :)