October 23, 2014 | 1084 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by aksaiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As opposed to what many reviewers said before about it not being a good beginner liquid eyeliner, this is the first liquid one I got. I tried penultimate and this at the counter and decided that I like this better because it has a better color payoff even though it seems harder to apply and longer to dry. I tried this on my eyelids the way it came and it applied very thickly and is hard to fix when mistakes are made because it seems to take forever to dry on the line it self but the mistakes dried instantly.

When I got home later, I used my 231 brush (that I use with my fluidline) and waterlined my upper eyelid by dabbing the brush tip onto the product on the wand. Then, it applied perfectly, wasn't too thick and dried fast enough, and mistakes were fixable too! Of course, it it slightly harder to apply than fluidlines, but not much harder. Needless to say, it dries faster and is thus less forgiving, it also feels ever so slightly less smooth in application.

Also, it isn't hard to remove. When I was reading the reviews, someone said that they used Neutrogena and it worked well so I went to buy that as well. In the end, I didn't need it because my Shu cleansing oil removed it better than the Neutrogena did.

It also has *great* lasting power. I can wash my face with facial soap and nothing will come off. For me, it stays perfect for at least 4-6hours. Mind you, I use Clinique All About Eyes Rich AND have oily lids (i have no idea why the clinique SA rec'ed that one for me, but I'll finish it) AND live in a hot and humid climate. So, depending on the day, how much eye cream I happen to use, and how my skin is feeling, it can last much longer if necessary. After a long time (more that the hours above) it may smudge and migrate a little to the outer corners of your eyes, but it is nothing serious because a nice little wipe with your fingers will do and it does not create any sort of raccoon eyes. BEWARE though, if you apply it in very thick layers, it can, over time, flake a little here and there. Again, nothing too serious compared to others I've tired, like fluidline and such.
I'm an NC25 Asian for reference.
EDIT: (4/24/2010)
So it's been almost a year and I'm on my second liner. I use it every day on my upper waterline and I've used my last tube until the tip of the brush can't pick up enough liner for applying to one eye. That was back in Feburary, so this liner has lasted me about 8 months. PLEASE NOTE that I use a tissue to wipe off my liner brush before putting it back into the tube to get rid of little drier gunks on the brush, this has helped it remain less goopy but use up more product. Still, it has gotten a little more goopy over time, nothing I can't handle, though.

BUT, that's not why I updated. I updated because I got into the liquid liner look (the normal kind, on top of lashline) and since this is the only liquid I own, I tried it. Now as others have stated this liner is harder to use than others because of its crappy brush (I still used it for this purpose though). I tried others in stores on my hand and then tried this on my hand, liquidlast is definitely harder to use. But even a liquidliner-on-lashline beginner like me was able to almost completely master the application after about 5 tries. Now I can create super thin lines on my lashline with a sexy flick in the end. It is the AWESOMEST matte super pigmented black line that I now fully appreciate since it started sitting on above my lashes.
Love it, wish the brush was better. no more.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by PucaDot

Finally! An eyeliner that doesn't smudge or fade, is waterproof and dries fairly quickly, and did I mention this thing doesn't budge AT ALL unless removed with oil-based makeup remover?? This is the only eyeliner that I've ever used that stays put and that's on your eyes, not under. It even stays put on my lower lash line or waterline through sweat and tears, UNTIL i remove it with my AVON eye makeup remover. I guess that's a good and bad thing because it might be too harsh for everyday wear. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and only use this eyeliner for special nights out. Also, if you don't have a really good eye makeup remover, then you should probably invest in one prior to purchasing liquidlast, because this thing is really hard to remove. No joke. But, it's my HG liquid eyeliner when I need one that is intensely true black and doesn't budge.

Do I recommend? Yes!
Would I repurchase? Of course!

EDIT: I find that this eyeliner does end up smudging on my super oily lids. Bummer =/ So, I'm taking 2 lippies off, one for smudging, two for extremely hard to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by MAY59

I love this eyeliner because it doesn't smudge & it stays on all day long. The dark black color is what I love - you could put a thin line or make it a little thicker. However, one has to have steady hands & practice to put it on right. But once you know how to apply it, it is worth it. This eyeliner doesn't burn my eyes like the other liquid eyeliners that I have tried in the past. Because of the staying power, I did initially had problems like the others, trying to remove it using various eyemakeup remover & cold cream, always rubbing my eyes out. But I discovered Neutrogena makeup remover towlettes does the job well with no effort. What a discovery! Now I am REALLY enjoying applying my Liquidlast Liner and was motivated to purchase more colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by prncss

Previously, I was using L'oreal's Lineur Intense for 2 years which I loved for its felt tip applicator that made application really easy and for its precision lining. Also, it was a quick drying formula. However, the L'oreal liner fades quickly and needs touch-ups often, so I was on the hunt to find a longer-lasting liner.

I tried the Revlon Color Stay and despite the good reviews, it smudged really bad on my eyelids especially in hot summer weather. I also tried the Maybelline Waterproof Liner but that also smudged.

The MAC liquidlast liner is the longest wearing liquid eyeliner that I have ever tried. I'm not fond of the brush applicator which is not as precise as the felt tip applicators, and the formula is really gloopey and thick, which takes forever to try! This is my gripe about this product. It takes literally 5 minutes to dry which is annoying because I have to stand there and keep my eyes shut to keep it from smearing. Otherwise I have to fix it with a Q-tip dipped in makeup remover because it does not wipe off easily.

Once it is dry it stays put all day for me. I don't have to worry about it and continually check a mirror for smudging, which makes it really hassle-free. I don't need to carry back-up liner in my purse anymore. Also, when I cry it stays put and does not fade, although at the end of the night it does start to flake off.

Some other reviewers commented that the color was more of a matte grey, but I did not find this to be a problem. It was a true black, although the Lineur Intense in Carbon Black was a darker black.

UPDATE July 2008
There is a dupe for this. It is called GOSH Extreme Artliner. Even the packaging is the exact same. It sells for $13 and comes in more colors than MAC. It also has the same lasting power but I have gone back to my L'oreal Lineur Intense. I just don't have the time and patience to wait for fluidline to dry and was sick of fixing the smudges when it was still wet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tat2dfaerie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOLed at the review describing this eyeliner as lasting through a nuclear attack because it probably would.
I've used Blacktrack Fluidline religiously but was unhappy with its staying power, so I switched over to the Liquidlast. The brush sucks, but the deep, black color and insane staying power is enough to make me keep using this.
Along with some other reviewers, I use this on my waterline from time to time.
You definitely need a good, oily remover to get this stuff off. I use MAC's pink-bottled remover or Clinique's Take The Day Off.
Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by shanty

I love the liquidlast liners, they have the best staying power I have ever seen! And that's a big big plus for me. Point black is a true black and stays put all day and night without budging even the tiniest bit. I love these liners. But for those with sensitive skin around the eyes, I can see these getting that area a little irritated since it takes quite a bit to take this stuff off. But all in all, great product and would definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This eyeliner has amazing staying power. I had this on for the entire day and it did not budge at all. I am not a liquid liner user and only needed this for special occasions. The staying power of this is definitely great. At the end of the day, it did transfer just faintly (you would have to be within an inch from my eyes to see) but it was not big deal since my eyelids are super oily and I was out for a long time. However, this is not the easiest thing to apply and it does take a while to dry.

Overall a good eyeliner however, revlon colorstay would probably work just as well. I would spend money on something else though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I love this eye liner. It has been my favorite for maybe a year or so. I was previously using blacktrack fluidline, and it was great and all, but it faded throughout the day for me. I wasn't impressed with it. But with this liquidlast liner, it goes on BLACK. and it stays put throughout the day (even the next morning) If i want a thin line, I'll use the brush it came with. But if i want a thicker line or if i want to smoke my eye liner, i'll use a small applicator brush. Definitely my HG. I have this in all the colors!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

i have sensitive eyes that tend to be watery. i finally bought this liner and it's perfect for people like me. also it's great for working out or swimming. it will not budge!! i dont like the brush that comes with it so i just use my 210 to apply it and i have better control for application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahxromance

I swear by this stuff! I would never usually buy liquid liners, i could never get on with them, but i knew that deep down if i wanted it to last, i'd need to give in and buy one. I was recommded this by a friend who tours/plays with various bands and works as a roadie/tech, her words were "i wear this out on stage every night, remember those panda eyes we got after shows when we were kids? never again" My sister brought me it for my birthday two weeks later, and i've never used another black liquid liner since. And that was nearly three years ago. Sometimes i wish the brush to not be a brush, but for the most part, i can deal with it, i could never go without it.