MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product is the longest lasting eyeliner I have ever tried. I have very very oily lids and my eyes are really big so my eyelid ends up touching my crease so eyeliner always tends to get on my crease. However, this eyeliner will not budge until I take baby oil and remove it that way. I went to Disney over the summer and it took me through sweltering hot sweaty days and Florida downpour rain. It does not budge.

However, the brush is difficult to handle and without extra care the product does get on my eyelashes and makes them look ugly. This also tends to dry out fairly quickly.

on 12/18/2009 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Packaging is just not right for the consistency of the product. The liquid is pretty thick and the brush is too soft to get between lashes and instead gets all over lashes. It takes forever to dry so I often accidentally open my eyes and get it all over my hood. It's the only eyeliner I've found that, when dry, is completely smudge and waterproof.

I've used a different applicator to put it on and that works but then i have to wash that applicator after each use. Too much of a pain for me!

on 12/6/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I own two Liquidlast eyeliners and even though the pigmentation and staying power is great, there's just something about the formula or the built in brush that makes it stick to my eyelashes when I apply it. This makes my lashes stick together and look like, uhm, not so good (even after applying mascara)...
It's a shame, since both the pigmented deep black color and the finish is really nice. This is what saves it from being rated 1.
I might try to apply it with a separate brush and fiddle around with the technique. But I don't think it should be that much of a hassle to apply liquid liner.

on 12/5/2009 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

pros:
- Extremely black.
- Stayed on all day.

cons:
- Flimsy piece o' crap brush. I have to apply with an SE209.
- Came off in the shower. (which wouldn't be that bad, had it not been promised to me it would only come of with oil-based makeup remover.)

overall:
I would repurchase, just until I find a better liquid liner.

on 11/23/2009 1:40:00 PM

This liner was THE most horrible liquid liner I have ever tried. Took forever to dry and got all over my lashes making them clump together and it would NOT come off. I had done a beautiful purple smokey look with pigments and it was completely RUINED with this liner!! It smudged when I tried to curl my lashes b/c it wasn't dry yet and there IS no removing this stuff unless you use an oil based remover. I returned it the day after buying it. I am sticking to BTFL for now until I can find a waterproof smudge proof liquid liner that I like. If anyone knows of one, please message me. :)

on 10/21/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I hate this product. When you apply it, it gets all over your lashes and it is difficult to get a steady line with it. Also it starts drying up as im putting it on and I have to keep dipping it. And this is very hard to get off, you have to have eye makeup remover of olive oil to take this off. I don't like this at all , do not recommend it , and will not repurchase. Also this is really thick I sprayed Fix+ in it and it did not make a difference.

on 10/3/2009 3:36:00 PM

Boy when it says Liquidlast...it REALLY lasts. It doesn't budge even after my allergies haha!! Remember to use a tad of an oil base remover to remove it or else you'll be rubbing your eyelids a lot which is bad for your skin!!

I also have this in different colours :)

on 10/3/2009 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the ONLY eyeliner that never smudge and is -proof against everything!!!!
I wear this to the gym and i usually sweat a lot but this eyeliner just NEVER smudge or come out until i remove it with an oil-based cleaner,
the only downside is the brush applicator as mentioned by everyone, i apply this with my Chanel eyeliner brush and the result is amazing! :)

on 9/14/2009 3:52:00 AM

The BEST waterproof and smudge proof liner I always have in my m/u kit. I love the true black matte colour. It can be a little thick to apply, but the end results are spectacular. Highly recommend this liner. A little tip I personally use to remove this product is good ol' vaseline, works like a charm and costs pennies compared to other oil based m/u removers.

on 9/14/2009 3:26:00 AM

This liner will not be going anywhere. The staying power is not like anything I've ever seen before. But it gomes out thick and takes forever to dry. I find that I have to sit in front of a fan with my eyes closed in order to get it to dry in 5 minutes. The applicator brush sucks, and I find it hard to draw both really thin and really thick lines--the crontrol is just not there with this brush. I recommend it to anyone with oily lids and need something with real staying power (think swimming), but for most cases, fluidline in blacktrack is much easier to use and more beautiful.

Top Rated MAC Products