MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 10/3/2009 3:36:00 PM

Boy when it says Liquidlast...it REALLY lasts. It doesn't budge even after my allergies haha!! Remember to use a tad of an oil base remover to remove it or else you'll be rubbing your eyelids a lot which is bad for your skin!!

I also have this in different colours :)

on 10/3/2009 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the ONLY eyeliner that never smudge and is -proof against everything!!!!
I wear this to the gym and i usually sweat a lot but this eyeliner just NEVER smudge or come out until i remove it with an oil-based cleaner,
the only downside is the brush applicator as mentioned by everyone, i apply this with my Chanel eyeliner brush and the result is amazing! :)

on 9/14/2009 3:52:00 AM

The BEST waterproof and smudge proof liner I always have in my m/u kit. I love the true black matte colour. It can be a little thick to apply, but the end results are spectacular. Highly recommend this liner. A little tip I personally use to remove this product is good ol' vaseline, works like a charm and costs pennies compared to other oil based m/u removers.

on 9/14/2009 3:26:00 AM

This liner will not be going anywhere. The staying power is not like anything I've ever seen before. But it gomes out thick and takes forever to dry. I find that I have to sit in front of a fan with my eyes closed in order to get it to dry in 5 minutes. The applicator brush sucks, and I find it hard to draw both really thin and really thick lines--the crontrol is just not there with this brush. I recommend it to anyone with oily lids and need something with real staying power (think swimming), but for most cases, fluidline in blacktrack is much easier to use and more beautiful.

on 9/9/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am addicted to liquid eyeliner, but have never found one that will stay put on my waterline. Almays liquid eyeliner is what I have used for the past like 10 years, and it's great, but this is better. It stays put both on my waterline as well as around the inner corners of my eyes. Just remember to remove the excess off the brush on the sides of the container before applying since this stuff is thick. But it gives a dense black line, and the brush makes it easy to get a thin precies line. Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes either! Will repurchase!

on 9/8/2009 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you're looking for something absolutely budgeproof, smudgeproof, waterproof, this is the only liner to buy.
I have oily, folded eyelids and nothing has ever stayed on me beyond 1-4 hours without smearing, fading or flaking. I have tried almost all the ones that get consistently good ratings on MUA: Bobbi Brown gel pots (smudged), Mac Fluidlines (horrible mess), Kate liner (smeared), Shiseido Liquid Eyeliner (perfect brush but racoon eyes), Stila Smudge Pots (not too bad - but not foolproof. By the end of the day there would still be some smudging), Chanel Stylo Yeux (convenient, but smudges) , Majolica Majorca Neo Automatic Eyeliner (smudged), Hourglass Liquid Eyeliner (flaked a lil), Wet n Wild Liquid Eyeliner (mess), Blinc Liquid Eyeliner (did not smudge, but flaked, leaving bits of eye lid showing through where the liner has flaked - arrgh), loads of L'oreal/Maybelline ones (all didn't work), Lancome Artliner (faded and smudged), weird Japanese brands that claim to be waterproof but are most certainly not (what's up with that???). I have tried kohls from every brand imaginable.
The only MUA-highly-rated ones I didn't bother trying are the ones I tested on my hand at the stores and got smeared/smudged when I rubbed it - Revlon Colorstay, Prestige Waterproof, Laura Mercier cake eyeliner. The only thing that ever came close to HG was a little-known Kose Liquid eyeliner (only 2 reviews on MUA) that has since been discontinued. But even that would smudge slightly after 8 hours.
Before I used all these eyeliners, I would be very careful not to use greasy eyecreams on my eye area. I would only use eye gels, but still, to no avail. :(
Back to Liquidlast - this stuff does not budge, even after 12-24 hours. Its round-the-clock steadfastness holds up under all sorts of weather - if it can withstand 35 degree celcius and high humidity in my country, AND greasy eye cream, I'm pretty sure it will work anywhere in the world. You can take it swimming, to the clubs, be on a long flight, knowing it will not budge/fade/flake/smear/crumble. When I put this on, I KNOW this eyeliner will not let me down.
The brush is crap - it's thin, long, flimsy, and gets on my curly eyelashes. So, I use a Mac slanted eyebrow brush or the Stila double-ended eyeliner brush (depends on what sort of look I wanna achieve), dab it on the liquidlast brush, remove excess on tissue, and apply. Any mistakes that have dried after 30 seconds, I dip a cotton bud in a teeny bit of Lancome Bi-Facil eye remover and correct it, and continue. After all that, I swipe my brush on tissue soaked with the Mac brush cleaner pink liquid ( a bottle lasts FOREVER), and let it air-dry. The brush will be ready the next day for a new application.
The consistency is sort of thick and gloppy, and gets worse after a couple months - chuck it and buy a new one. Sometimes when it gets extra gloppy on my eyelids and I know it will take forever to dry, I dab a cotton bud on the lined bit of my eye to remove excess liner. Usually, the colour intensity is very strong, and doing this will not fade the liner.
To remove, only an oily or bi-phase cleaner would work. I find Lancome's Bi-Facil the best so far.
It's a hassle, but once you master the technique, and just live with the brushes and cleaning, I feel it's really worth it - esp when nothing else has worked for you. If you're the sort who doesn't have much of a problem with smudging, even with non-waterproof eyeliners, then I am envious. And maybe this is not for you. For newbies not familiar with liquid eyeliner and brushes, you need loads of practice!
Point Black is my staple, Inky and Dress Khaki are awesome. Electro Lady, for some reason or other, seems extra gloppy.
I have taken one point off for the silly brush and gloppiness, but the staying power more than makes up for all the extra trouble.
All these years, I have strayed, trying to find the perfect liquid eyeliner with an amazing pen-brush that is as waterproof as Liquidlast. (MAC, if you're reading this, please do something about the brush). But let me say, after 4 years of wasting money on all sorts of liners, I've seriously had it. I am resigned to the fact that only Liquidlast truly lasts! I hope Mac never discontinues this, because if they do, I don't think I would bother with eyeliner anymore. I seriously hate constantly having to check the mirror worrying if I am looking like a panda bear, or having to swipe over the undereye to remove smudges that ironically wouldn't budge. I want to wear my makeup with full confidence, and not having to worry about it every other hour, or after sweaty nights at the club/crying episodes at the cinema/watery eyes from eczema and so on, so forth.
So yeah, defi HG status.
**update** have been loading up on the eye creams on the upper eyelid and realise it does slide if that area is super super oily. however, if i only apply eye cream below the eye, the liner won't budge on the upper lid. so go easy on the eye creams, ladies!

on 8/27/2009 7:33:00 PM

I love eyeliner on my waterline and have spent tons of money on all types of eyeliner. I have tried eyeshadow, pencil, liquid liner, gel, cream, marker and I can honestly say that this eyeliner is the best when it comes to staying power. It stays on all day, no matter what. You can cry your eyes out and it stays. You can accidentally rub your eyes and it stays. Best of all, no racoon eyes. No matter how many eye products say that they are smudgeproof, only a limited few are smudgeproof. Lots of people says that liquidlast is goopy which is true but all you have to do is treat the brush like you would a nail polish brush and remove excess product and then apply and you get a rich deep color on your waterline that will not budge. I find that Point Black makes my dark brown eyes look a nice deep brown. Also about the many complaints about this product being hard to remove,,,,not so. All you have to do in order to remove this product from the waterline is to take a cotton swab and dip it in baby oil and swipe the swab on your inner lids a couple of time and viola....it disappears. You do not have to rub or scrub your skin like some reviewers have written. All in all, I think MAC products are the best out there and liquidlast is the best eyeliner product in the market. I will continue to keep my eyes open for new product but why fix something that is not broken.

on 8/17/2009 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

WOW! Ok, so this STAYS PUT! Once it dries, that is, but until then, be careful, otherwise it can become a goopy mess, like the first time I wore it. The formula is quite thick, and can be messy. I found that I had to wipe the brush on the inside of the container, like you do with nail polish, and then go back and take little bits at a time (I love a thick, black line). It really has a thick consistency. I received mine in a swap, so maybe I got a fluke, but its not bad to work with even if not. It takes getting used to (well after the first couple times you'll get it down if not sooner). I got it all over my face, hands, sink, and was almost late to class the first time using this lol!! Such a dork... Otherwise, dang this is a great, permanent, very black line. :) I really appreciate how dark it is especially! I like my blacks black black. I probably would buy this again, but I prefer my fluidline. It's not as dark but loads easier. I might layer the two in the future to get a really precise, dark liquid line. I gave it 4 lippies for that goopy consistency and for the fact that it can be a bit stubborn to remove (I always pre-cleanse my makeup off using an oil cleanser, but I still need to use a gentle cloth with my regular cleanser to remove the last bits of this). Otherwise, this is another win from MAC. I totally love every MAC eyeliner ever. They are always my favorites (and I have tried *tons*).

on 8/14/2009 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been repurchasing this liner for 3-4 years, and see no reason to stop! It's a great product - it's really black and it stays on no matter what I do. Truly waterproof - and wonderful!!! One tube lasts me app. two months, but it's well worth the money! LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!

on 7/31/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this liner a lot. I have since ran out but I have't purchased it again. Not sure why. I think I am going to or try the GOSH one. I like to try different things, even though it works perfectly. It doesn't budge, oil takes it off just fine though. I don't use oil to take off my makeup anymore, I use tearless baby body wash, it does take this liner off!

The only thing I don't like about it is the brush. It is too long, but it can be cut to size easily so I don't mind it so much. I will probably pick it up again the next time I visit MAC.

Top Rated MAC Products