NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 9/21/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Absolutley LOVE this product..its like a little slab of magic i can quite work it out. its white but when you put it on it REALLY is golden! i read so many reviews and didnt see how it could possibly live up to all the hype surrounding it, but it really does! the colour reminds me of benefit moonbeam however in comparison once applied is a lot more vivid. a little goes a LONG way so this will last ages. personally i love the packaging however its true, the rubbery case is covered in glitter/powder/fingerprints in no time no matter how careful you are. its a powder so if you have a prob with powders and staying power then i suggest applying jemma kidd all over radiance creme in rose gold and then dusting this over to set..it wont budge! this is a must buy! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

on 9/19/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This looks white but when applied it gives a beautiful golden glow. My HG highlighter. I use the NARS Yachiyo to apply on my nose, my cheeks, and even browbone. Regarding packaging, NARS packaging looks chic but is a fingerprint magnet.

on 9/16/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've had this highlighter for a while now. I use it for special occasions or whenever I feel like being glam for the night =P It is my FAVE highlighter. I always always ALWAYS get compliments when I have this on. This is the one thing that I will really be sad about if I had lost or broken it. I think it's best when applied after blush and right on top of the cheekbones and up towards the outer brow (cupids brow). It gives a nice GLOW without too much sparkle. Just DON'T overdue it! Then you'll look too shiny. Overall, I think this is an absolute MUST HAVE!

on 9/16/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A great highlighter for summertime! The golden shimmer and fine pearly powder is a perfect combinaison to pair up with any warm-toned blush or bronzer. I also sometimes use this as a shimmerwash for my eyes and the eye-cheek combo pulls the look together!! I see this lasting me a LONG time since so little is needed everytime, but if I even finish my compact I won't doubt to buy another one!

on 9/6/2011 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Bought this a few days ago and am not disappointed. Its such a natural subtle sheen that I cant stop looking at my face in the mirror! I look like Im carrying a candle around with me giving me a permanent 'glow'. I have about 5 highlighters and this wins hands down. I look like ive spent my whole life eating nothing but veg as someone else pointed out it looks like it gives a glow from within. I also love NARS packaging due to the amount of times I have dropped my Orgasm blush and the rubber feel packaging has stopped it breaking.

on 9/6/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had to order this highlighter off Ebay because I am not willing to pay the ridiculous price from Australia. Have to say, this is beautiful and well worth the wait for shipping. It gives off a gorgeous golden glow and really helps to define the cheek bones. It is an off white color, which does look a bit scary in the pan but when applied to the high points of the face it really helps to give your face definition. I normally like to use a cream highlighter but I would buy this 100 times if I had to, I love it.

on 8/30/2011 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this highlighter! Ive been researching highlighters for a little while now, and a lot of them where just....eh, pretty much white on my skin...like chalk. gross right!? lol
Well ive read many rave reviews about Albatross, so I decided to give it a try since I love their blushes any how.
It looks white in the pan, especially when you swatch it, but when you blend it, it gives a very very pretty gold shimmer, not overwhelming though! Don't worry you wont look like a fairy!
Im sure it would look great on lighter skin, but im (nc40/MUFE 153) and i love this on my tan skin!!!!!
my new HG!

on 7/31/2011 11:43:00 AM

The best highlighter I ever used (I bought it based on the reviews here). As another poster said below, a little is great for everyday/ work... then you can add more for night time.

This can be used on and around eyes too, as well as the chest and neck area.

What sets Albatross aside from other highlighters is the fine gold in it, instead of silver. The gold colour seems to be a true neutral and would work well warm & cool as well as dark & light skin.

Overall: Love it and highly reccommend.

on 7/9/2011 12:10:00 AM

Albatross is the hands-down best highlighter I have used. It is costly, but it is very pigmented and absolutely gorgeous on my skintone. Albatross also lasts all day without fading away for me. It's not extremely obvious but gives a nice subtle glow. One of my everyday products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a product I use almost every day -- it gives my skin a lovely golden, dewy glow that really brightens up my face. Very finely milled, easy to put on with my MAC 187 brush. I usually put it on the top of my cheekbones over my NARS Orgasm blush, they compliment each other really well.

NARS' unfortunate packaging means that the outside quickly becomes "dirty", otherwise the packaging itself is sturdy and simple. The price is ridiculous in New Zealand so I bought mine for half the price over eBay.

My favourite highlighter, look forward to using it every time! Can definitely recommend.

Top Rated NARS Products