September 18, 2014 | 1374 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wear this just about everyday. I know its expensive for a highlighter, but it will last forever. I have barely barely made a dent on one corner, and I've had this for about 8 months. Sometimes it looks stark on my skin but I make sure to fully blend on my cheekbones. I've been using Sigmas small tapered brush which works great for highlighting. NC40-42 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

NARS Albatross is a highly pigmented, wonderfully blendable highlighter that does a beautiful job and adds dimensional shimmer to any look. However, I personally find most highlighter reviews to be very unhelpful, so I will focus on doing a comparison between NARS Albatross and my other favorite highlighter, MAC Shimpagne. For reference, I'm Asian with NC25-30 skin (I also match to NARS Sheer Glow Santa Fe, Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combo Medium Beige, and MUFE Mat Velvet + in 40):

In my opinion, MAC Shimpagne and NARS Albatross are both high-quality highlighters, but with VERY different characteristics. Shimpagne is almost pure gold-silver shimmer, but is more-or-less easily controllable to give a subtle dimensional look to skin or to simply add shimmer to any area that is too matte for your taste. NARS Albatross, on the other hand, has a lot more white pigment in it. It definitely *highlights*, rather than merely adding shimmer. Depending on your skintone and intentions, this may be more what you're looking for, or it may be overkill for you. Albatross, on the other hand, can be blended out to merely add light, beautiful shimmer as well to any matte-finished area.

Overall, as I originally concluded a while ago, Shimpagne would be a more versatile addition for darker skintones (NC/NW25~N42) while Albatross would be especially suitable for N15-N20/25 skintones.

Price Comparisons:
MAC MSF: $28 for .35 US oz ($80/oz)
NARS: $26 for 0.16 oz ($162.5/oz)
Benefit High Beam & Moonbeam: $24 for 0.45 oz ($53.33/oz)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this and I am MAC Nw/Nc 45 and this works amazingly beautiful on my skin..looking at it in the compact would make u have second thoughts about it bc it is soo light.. I think it looks like Gold Member Cream higlighter by NARS once on the skin--Albatross is a tad tiny bit lighter. I do have to buff it in REALLY WELL so that its not just out there on my apples etc...It does fade after a few hours I have noticed but while visible, I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by monetgrever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this! this may even replace my msf which i didnt think was possible! spendy, but it really does last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Dance41886

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Albatross is definetely my favorite highlighter by far! While it's a little white and chalky looking in the pan when applied on the cheekbone and inner corner of the eye it's a beautiful golden color. It works for my skintone all year round and I even use it sometimes as an eyeshadow. Beautiful color, lasts all day, and really illuminates and brightens the face so you're glowing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Hmm...how should I put this. Albatross makes my skin look like SEX! I am dark skinned NC45 with yellow undertones and I want you all to know I rock this highlighter hard. I use it to highlight my cheekbones, chin, and brown bone. When I wear it I look out of this world...almost like an angel.

I love to pair Albatross with a red lipstick. Yes I will repurchase till they stop making it.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I bought this because it's had sooooo many good reviews from WOC. I must say that I do like it overall. I think I can use it 3 out of 4 seasons. It would wash out my NC50 skintone in the winter. At that point, I'll be using my MAC MSF in Comfort. I'm a huge fan of NARS' packaging. Light, compact, and with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

Ok so Im nc20 with very golden undertones in summer. I bought this as a cheek and eye highlighter. When I dont have a tan this doesnt show up well. It definitely works better on darker skins or tan skin, as albatross is basically white with a gold sheen. The sheen is really pretty but honestly i havent found much use for it. I use coralista as my summer time blush which already has a golden sheen so i dont use this much. Of course they quality and packaging are great but if i ever run out of this i would like to try the dior amber diamond highlight thing...:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ssnand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG highlighter! I had hated using highlighters becase most of them had a silver/white sheen to them that looked chalky on my skintone. When i saw albatross i thought it was the same old white and chalky highlighter, howerver when i swatched it in the store i was wrong! albatoss is the most beautiful highlighter i have ever used, it has a really pretty gold sheen wich is finely milled, you see no big glitter particles ( im looking at you super orgams lol), i tested it out on my freind whos is PPP, and it lookes soo pretty on here. you only need a little swipe on you brush, and it last all day! defintly will repurchase if it runs out!;D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Received this in a swap on here from a lovely lady, and I'm very pleased. I never had an interest until now to try Nars Albatross just because it looks so white in the pan. It shows up as a gorgeous golden sheen on my cheeks. I love it. I'm glad I didn't pass this item up because I would have never thought it would have worked on my skintone. This is my favorite highlighter so far. It's so light and easy to apply. I use this overtop of blush to tone it done a bit. This would look great on all skintones. I've seen this used on very dark skin, and it looks so beautiful. It looks good on very fair skin as well. Another high quality item from NARS.