October 22, 2014 | 2192 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - With Love by Hilary Duff

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My rating is a solid 3.5 lippies. I was suprised by this one. It was really nice. It's definitely NOT a fruity floral. It's a warm oriental. The base is a blend of very light mossy woods. It has a very light pretty milky amber note that is infused with bubbly florals. If spiced champagne had a smell this would be it!I really like it.

It was developed by perfumers Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Stephen Nilsen. The notes as listed by Duff include: mangosteen fruit, exotic spices, chai latte, mangosteen blossom, cocobolo wood, balsam, incense, amber milk and amber musk.

My only gripe with this one is that, on my skin the lasting power is horrid! It only lasts 10-20 minutes if that long. It seems to last much longer on fabric tho. If the lasting power were better I'd have given this a solid 4 or 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cheer_tina2205

This is the BEST I have ever used! I got it as a Christmas gift and I'm obsessed with the stuff. The smell lasts all day and the bottle is very cute. It's the perfect winter fragrance!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised at how much I liked this product (despite not being a fan of Hilary Duff). It's very warm and sensual--I definitely smell notes of amber (even a hint of patchouli? I don't know if that's in there or not, but I keep getting a faint whiff of it!) Since it is a strong, woodsey perfume, I suggest wearing it during those cold winter months!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I expected this also to be a teeny bopper scent. But, it's not! This is an upscale version of BBW Chocolate Amber (the amber really pulls through on my skin). *Edit* the Cedar realllly pulls through on my skin on the drydown. I feel like I smell like a gerbil cage :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Lizzz262

The cute bottle was one of the reasons I bought this perfume. Also, I like Hilary, and once I spritzed some on a card in the store, I decided I had to have it. On the card, it reminded me just a bit of one of my fav fragrances, Lolita Lempicka, and I couldnt stop sniffing.
I got mine off of ebay, and once I actually tried it on my skin, my opinion of the fragrance changed. GROSS. It smells like PISS. Reminds me of urine. No lie. Maybe it just doesnt work with my chemistry? Can't shake the urine undertone, as much as I want to love this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by judith141

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love it, love it, love it! and i'm 44 years old. i don't get into age-appropriate fragrances. if smells good on me, i get it.
most fragrances wear off of me after a couple of hours, but not this. it actually reminds me of the body shop's home fragrance named fig.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by keahi

I received a sample of this when it was first released and remember being surprised by how much I liked it. It was more sophisticated than I expected (of course, how would I know what to expect from Hilary Duff anyway? Lol). In the back of my mind, I marked this as "wouldn't go out and buy it straightaway, but might consider it down the line." Well, it's down the line now, and I scored a HUGE bottle of this + lotion at Marshalls for about $24.00. That was all the encouragement I needed. Wearing it again, I'm only "meh." It is nice, especially for the price point, but I'm not gaga on it. The mangosteen dominates the first phase with a sweetness I wasn't really expecting. Then, the cedar notes take over, which I'm not wild about. I predict I'll remain ambivalent about this one. Good for casual use, and work days, but a little uninspiring to me. When I finish my enormous bottle (l happen to like the flacon) I doubt I'll get the urge to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by endlesslove

This is a very beautiful scent. It's always been difficult for me to describe the notes in a perfume, but I'll give it my best shot! This scent is...feminine, it reminds of BBW's Sensual Amber or VS' Dream Angels Heavenly toned down a bit. It has a lingering musk and nice lasting power. Definately my favorite out of all of the celebrity fragrances! And the name/bottle is gorgeous!
The only down-side is it does give me a headache, which I think comes from the lingering musk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everytime I'm in the drugstore I take a teeny spritz of With Love by Hilary Duff. I don't think I would wear it much if I bought it - but I really like it when I'm in the drugstore, lol. :-) It has a warm, sweet quality that I enjoy, and I agree with the previous poster that it is quite sophisticated. Nice fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 5:50:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Iíd been avoiding this because I thought I was getting too old for these tween celebrities releasing fragrances. I donít mean to sound snobbish, but queuing up to buy something by Hilary Duff? No, thank you. I just couldnít resist it in the end though. Iím very pleased to say I was wrong.

At first spay there is a pleasantly sweet fruit/floral top note of mangosteen fruit, mangosteen blossom & vanilla. Donít be put of by this, admittedly these top notes doesnít help peoples first opinions that WITH LOVE is a Ďyoungerí scent.
Itís the middle notes of exotic spices, chai latte, balsam, incense and wonderfully Ďcreamyí amber milk that make WITH LOVE stand out from the crowd. Iím not sure how to describe the effect other then Ďwarmí. The spices & incense arenít too heavy, but lend a wonderful scene of sophistication. Not something I expected!!
The base of cocobolo wood and amber musk blends nicely with the middle notes, so the transition is very subtle.

What can I say? I was really surprised by the depth of WITH LOVE, and think it should be marketed for people out of their teens. Itís perfect for any time of the year, and for everyday wear, and evening or special occasions.