September 18, 2014 | 1368 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by somohlala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been suffering from sweaty arm pits for yearssss! I could never wear shirts with sleeves coz it would show sweat marks on my underarms... just so embarrassing. No matter how cold the weather was, my arm pits would still be sweating! Certain Dri is the best solution for me. I've tried it and it magically worked the first day! I'm not exaggerating , either.

The down fall is that your arm pits might itch a little... or alot... I think it depends on how sensitive your skin is.

I would totally recommend this product to anyone who's having the same problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cuteboogirl09

This stuff truly does work! Like many other reviewers I had problems with excessive sweating and NOTHING worked. I finally tried this and in the beginning was discouraged because I saw no change. However after about a week, I wasn't sweating anymore. Just don't give up on it if it's not working at first. That was about two years ago. Now, I just use regular deodorant because I don't have a problem with sweating any more!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Luckyom08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had excessive sweating for about a year. What I mean by this is that I sweat through shirts so it actually shows. It is really embarassing and has been holding me back a little. I heard many good things about this product so I decided to try it. I heard that it takes about a week to start working, and after a week or so I saw results. I was dry for the most part and had little to no pit stains. Recently it has really stopped working for me and I have no idea. It is the best deodorent that I have used so far but it still doesn't cut it. I now think that I will go to a dermatologist to help solve my problem. It works way better than any of the "clinical strength" products out there.
EDIT: The review above is the solid formula. The roll on is soo much better, and I have been officially cured of sweating. The solid has a different active ingredient than the roll on. Unless you have really sensitive skin, get the roll on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff - I HATE the itching/burning that I get if I use it too soon after showering or shaving. But I only use it maybe 1x a week and it maintains just fine, so I only have to deal with that one night of itchiness. It definitely works though, especially for anyone with serious problems with sweating (mine was minimal but my old roommate would swear by this stuff and told everyone how it changed her life...so...yep). Good stuff, not really to be used AS an antiperspirant/deodorant for day time though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Edit 9/9/10: Certain Dri was wonderful for a few weeks, but then it stopped working. I stop using it for a while, then try again, but it hasn't worked for several months. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't really do anything for me. It maybe helped "slightly" the first week or so but after that I didn't notice any difference. I was in a board meeting all day today and my sweater was completely wet....I was so embarrassed. I obviously must have a bad perspiration issue and really wished this would have worked for me. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by selkie67

This stuff really does stop sweating. It has no smell, so it won't clash with any fragrances you're wearing. That's the good part. The bad part is the itching and the rash, and I'm not sure how you get around that. You're not supposed to apply this after showering or shaving, and only at night...but what if you shower at night? What if you shave every other day? It's hard to find a good time to apply it.

**Edit** Okay, if you follow the instructions to the exact letter, it cuts way down on the itching, and the rash disappears. But like I said, it's still hard to work into a routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I really loved this when I used it. While I don't have a sweating problem, per say, I think that I do sweat slightly more than is normal. This definitely stopped my sweating--I didn't sweat even in 90 degree weather. This product really is fantastic for stopping sweat.
Unfortunately, although I used it sparingly and according to the directions, it made my armpits itch like crazy, all of the time (my skin never got used to it, and I used it for about six months). As a result, I switched to Secret Clinical (which doesn't work quite as well, but doesn't make me itch). For that reason, I wouldn't buy it again. Still, I would recommend it to anyone. I think that it's a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by SiLeNtLvEdREAMER

This product is great! Until it stops working.... This is exactly what this product did to me!! When I first bought it, I instantly fell in love with it, but after a week it somehow stopped working for me! I was so mad because I thought I found the perfect anti-perspirant but then it stopped working for me after a week! Well NOT repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bubbles2232

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has changed my life (yes, that sounds a bit overdramatic.) But it's true! I've suffered from heavy underarm stains which are both disgusting and very embarassing. I had to wear dark colored shirts to mask these stains and everytime I went shopping, I would look at the clothes I could never wear. This is not the case anymore because certain dri has completely stopped my underarm sweating and eliminated the stains. I feel so confident now and not embarassed at all because I have no more stains! It is an amazing product that (believe me) has changed my life.