November 23, 2014 | 2057 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is HG stuff! The color matches my skin perfectly. This mineral foundation 'melts' into your skin and does not look one bit powdery! Instead of my t-zone becoming shiny mid-day, my skin looked a tad 'dewy' late afternoon; however, it didn't look bad at all! Any oilness can be easily rectified with a primer or finishing powder. Amazing product, I ordered a full size two days after I received my sample. Great prices, quick shipping, and all-around just wonderful!

EDIT: I love this even more, 1 year later! This is honestly a great product. I never will cheat on EDM, it is truly my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by darkpoet

I have used this product for the last month and so far, I've been very satisfied. I tried out bareMinerals, but was looking for a cheaper alternative and stumbled upon Everyday Minerals. The ingredients of Everyday Minerals are exactly the same as bareMinerals but WITHOUT the bismuth oxychloride (which has caused my friends to breakout, or have allergic reactions - itchiness, redness - and I wanted to avoid that possibility, especially since BE costs so much). The price for EDM is excellent and you get a lot of product (even from the little 1g jar samples!). The packaging wasn't so great because the sifter and lids aren't as secure as bareMinerals, and each makeup session tends to be a little messy. I've ordered the sample kit three times in my search for the perfect color match and have finally found the right color! I can't wait to order my super custom kit and try out the finishing powders!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by salsabrosa

This is my HG Mineral foundation so far after being so disappointed with Bare Minerals. I have oily skin and live in South Florida...super hot and extremely HUMID. Bare Minerals would just melt into my skin and not in a good way. My face felt so icky and oily after a few hours.

The EDM matte formula is so great on my oily skin. Holds up very well in this humid weather and you cannot complain for the price. I love spraying my flat top brush with Fix+ or water and applying the minerals with the wet brush. For quick application I just apply dry. Great either way! I use Light Neutral in the summer. Here's a pic of my foundation color:

UPDATE: I find that after a while, the makeup makes my pores and bumps stand out more in my skin. However, I love to use this makeup when I have break-outs from using liquid foundation or other products. I find this is much healthier for my skin and my skin can recuperate faster. continued >>

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MumAgain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm already using GloMinerals makeup as reccomended by my dermatologist and extremely happy with the results. When I heard about Everyday Minerals and how cheap they are I decided to give them a go and ordered some samples. My closest matches were Buttered Tan and Olive Medium which are both very wearable (I'm a MAC NC40). I wasn't impressed with the sifter jars but hey for the price I can put up with a bit of powder sprinkling on my counter top. I was quite impressed with the coverage and natural look of this product. However, only after an hour the makeup started disappearing off my face (fading?). I tried using a mineral primer plus a finishing powder with it the next day and it lasted about an hour longer. I am not impressed by EDMs staying power at all which is a shame for the price and range of colours. I have ordered some more samples in the Intensive formula to try out but for now my GloMinerals is still number one for me - no primer or finishing powder needed to give me a flawless look. The only thing that came good out of this venture was discovering EDMs silky soft makeup brushes :).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Extrapolate73sp

This is my HG foundation! With my combination acne-prone skin, I had always avoided makeup in my adolescence, since it tended to clog my pores and make me break out. When I discovered the world of mineral makeup, it was wonderful, but alas, Bare Escentuals was pricey for my student budget, and eventually irritated my skin. When I saw the reviews for Everyday Minerals on MUA, I immediately ordered a free sample kit. Thanks to EM's matte foundations, I can finally wear makeup without it looking unnatural or breaking me out! In fact, the foundation paired with the tinted silk dust seemed to calm any skin irritations or redness with regular use. The price is reasonable, the product lasts forever, it works beautifully with my face. What more could I ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

Okay so I switched from bare minerals to this. I am so glad I did. Same great quality, if not better and so much cheaper!! I have this product in Olive Medium (this company has so many foundation colors I am sure everyone will find their perfect color). I really like the matte formula. It stays on all day long but it doesn't look cakey or get cakey after a while. I also have the Golden Medium in Intensive which i use to conceal acne scarring. To me the intensive formula is more like a concealer consistency. Love Everyday minerals!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Ayda

I really tried to make this makeup work just because the company was so generous to send me 2 rounds of 5 makeup samples (1 concealer, 1 blush and 3 foundation powders in any color and formulation I want) only for 3 dollars shipping cost. The shade selection is nicely nuetral, Light Medium beige was my right shade. Unfortunately with my skin type, oily and quiet sensitive (tretinoin cream made it more sensitive, but I am not going to take this product away from my daily skin care routine sorry, this has done wonders for my skins appearance) I could not wear this makeup. It made me itch so bad as the day went on and the oilier my skin got. And it didn't stay on as smoothly as it was when I first applied it. It was seperating on my face, not necesarrily pooling inside my pores but more around it, making my pores look empty dots if you know what I mean. And I prep my skin very well too before I put this on still didn't help. But this may work for many others and I can see why. You have nothing to loose to check this out, shipping is fast, samples very inexpensive! The company is great. One tip though, what brush you use is important. Today, I gave this makeup one more shot using sonia kashuk's synthetic flat blusher brush which feels like dream. And my skin didn't react so much compare to how it felt when I was using tarte's kabuki brush, made out of goat hair. Overall, I don't really recommend this for oily skin, Alima controls oil better then this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am an Everyday Minerals convert. I will never, ever buy Bare Minerals again. I will never, ever spend $25 for a foundation that makes my oily skin oiler. This is about $12, and ships FAST. I can't imagine anyone going back to Bare Minerals after trying Everyday Minerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is amazing. Great coverage with the right brushes. Lasts for quite some time. Best of all, NOT EXPENSIVE! I love it. However, I have one problem with it; It breaks me out sometimes. Not enough of a problem to prevent me from using it though. I switch out between EM and wearing my CG smoothers t/m, and a consistent facial cleansing program, there for keeping my skin blemish free. This really is a matte finish with buildable coverage. Although, if you have oil prone skin you will need a primer, but I generally wear primer under all makeup, so it's not a problem. I do recommend trying this at least once and I would (and will) buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily acne prone skin, and I am a light/medium neutral skin tone.... I had an extremely hard time finding a right match for my skin! I ordered many many samples of foundation colors and everything either made me look ghostly pale, was too dark so looked like a mask, or was somewhere in between and gave me an unattractive grayish cast. With all of the color options they give you would think you would at least find one that matches, but nay is the case with me. Besides that, the formula itself sort of sits on my skin after I put it on, and appears what can only be described as (broken up)... meaning very obvious foundation patches on my face...ew. Not so impressed with this one despite the rave reviews... although I love the bronzer, it gives great color when used properly... Alima is the best mineral foundation I've found thus far and has MUCH better color selections, as in closer to the actual color of human skin.