August 22, 2014 | 1114 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MumAgain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm already using GloMinerals makeup as reccomended by my dermatologist and extremely happy with the results. When I heard about Everyday Minerals and how cheap they are I decided to give them a go and ordered some samples. My closest matches were Buttered Tan and Olive Medium which are both very wearable (I'm a MAC NC40). I wasn't impressed with the sifter jars but hey for the price I can put up with a bit of powder sprinkling on my counter top. I was quite impressed with the coverage and natural look of this product. However, only after an hour the makeup started disappearing off my face (fading?). I tried using a mineral primer plus a finishing powder with it the next day and it lasted about an hour longer. I am not impressed by EDMs staying power at all which is a shame for the price and range of colours. I have ordered some more samples in the Intensive formula to try out but for now my GloMinerals is still number one for me - no primer or finishing powder needed to give me a flawless look. The only thing that came good out of this venture was discovering EDMs silky soft makeup brushes :).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Extrapolate73sp

This is my HG foundation! With my combination acne-prone skin, I had always avoided makeup in my adolescence, since it tended to clog my pores and make me break out. When I discovered the world of mineral makeup, it was wonderful, but alas, Bare Escentuals was pricey for my student budget, and eventually irritated my skin. When I saw the reviews for Everyday Minerals on MUA, I immediately ordered a free sample kit. Thanks to EM's matte foundations, I can finally wear makeup without it looking unnatural or breaking me out! In fact, the foundation paired with the tinted silk dust seemed to calm any skin irritations or redness with regular use. The price is reasonable, the product lasts forever, it works beautifully with my face. What more could I ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

Okay so I switched from bare minerals to this. I am so glad I did. Same great quality, if not better and so much cheaper!! I have this product in Olive Medium (this company has so many foundation colors I am sure everyone will find their perfect color). I really like the matte formula. It stays on all day long but it doesn't look cakey or get cakey after a while. I also have the Golden Medium in Intensive which i use to conceal acne scarring. To me the intensive formula is more like a concealer consistency. Love Everyday minerals!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Ayda

I really tried to make this makeup work just because the company was so generous to send me 2 rounds of 5 makeup samples (1 concealer, 1 blush and 3 foundation powders in any color and formulation I want) only for 3 dollars shipping cost. The shade selection is nicely nuetral, Light Medium beige was my right shade. Unfortunately with my skin type, oily and quiet sensitive (tretinoin cream made it more sensitive, but I am not going to take this product away from my daily skin care routine sorry, this has done wonders for my skins appearance) I could not wear this makeup. It made me itch so bad as the day went on and the oilier my skin got. And it didn't stay on as smoothly as it was when I first applied it. It was seperating on my face, not necesarrily pooling inside my pores but more around it, making my pores look empty dots if you know what I mean. And I prep my skin very well too before I put this on still didn't help. But this may work for many others and I can see why. You have nothing to loose to check this out, shipping is fast, samples very inexpensive! The company is great. One tip though, what brush you use is important. Today, I gave this makeup one more shot using sonia kashuk's synthetic flat blusher brush which feels like dream. And my skin didn't react so much compare to how it felt when I was using tarte's kabuki brush, made out of goat hair. Overall, I don't really recommend this for oily skin, Alima controls oil better then this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jenaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am an Everyday Minerals convert. I will never, ever buy Bare Minerals again. I will never, ever spend $25 for a foundation that makes my oily skin oiler. This is about $12, and ships FAST. I can't imagine anyone going back to Bare Minerals after trying Everyday Minerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is amazing. Great coverage with the right brushes. Lasts for quite some time. Best of all, NOT EXPENSIVE! I love it. However, I have one problem with it; It breaks me out sometimes. Not enough of a problem to prevent me from using it though. I switch out between EM and wearing my CG smoothers t/m, and a consistent facial cleansing program, there for keeping my skin blemish free. This really is a matte finish with buildable coverage. Although, if you have oil prone skin you will need a primer, but I generally wear primer under all makeup, so it's not a problem. I do recommend trying this at least once and I would (and will) buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily acne prone skin, and I am a light/medium neutral skin tone.... I had an extremely hard time finding a right match for my skin! I ordered many many samples of foundation colors and everything either made me look ghostly pale, was too dark so looked like a mask, or was somewhere in between and gave me an unattractive grayish cast. With all of the color options they give you would think you would at least find one that matches, but nay is the case with me. Besides that, the formula itself sort of sits on my skin after I put it on, and appears what can only be described as (broken up)... meaning very obvious foundation patches on my face...ew. Not so impressed with this one despite the rave reviews... although I love the bronzer, it gives great color when used properly... Alima is the best mineral foundation I've found thus far and has MUCH better color selections, as in closer to the actual color of human skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 7:06:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I am working through my sample kit now, which included the matte, intensive, and semi-matte formulas. I have discovered that these powders will darken/oxidize on my oily skin, making it a lot more difficult to get a good match than one woud think. The fact that there is such variance is a huge downside to me. Also, I found that this formulation settles into my pores and makes them more noticeable. If a powder foundation is going to make me switch from MAC Studio Fix or MSF natural, it has to look at least as good when covering my pores and matching my skintone. Unfortunately, this product so far is falling way short. I plan to keep trying to make this work for me, but unfortunately, I don't think EDM is right for me and my oily skin. I am guessing all the great reviews are coming from people who don't have problem skin like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very happy with this product. After trying about 4 different sample kits, I finally found my shade: Golden Medium Olive. My face is redder and darker than my neck, which is a light/medium buttery yellow color. I definitely did not consider my coloring "medium;" so for those of you who are ordering sample kits, do not be afraid to think outside the box. :)

Anyway, I find that this shade balances the redness in my face nicely. I barely see any olive in it; but maybe that is because whatever trace green element is there is neutralizing the red in my skin, resulting in a perfectly natural color. Since I absolutely adore using lovely blushes, I am pleased that this gives me a nice canvas on which pretty blushes show through, instead of just layering them onto my own ruddy cheeks. It feels light and the color stays true throughout the day. I have to blot several times, but my skin is very, very oily. I don't see this as a fault of the product at all. No breakouts from this whatsoever.

Only cons:
~ It can look a little chalky if I apply with a heavy hand.
~ The color is completely different in the intensive formula (much darker). I prefer the matte and the semi-matte formulas.
~ I do prefer the texture of Lumiere's cashmere foundations; they are more finely milled, silky (placebo effect? hmm), and luxurious feeling. However, the color selection isn't as perfect as EM. In Lumiere, I wear light/medium warm or medium warm (depending on how tan I am); luckily (for me), Lumiere's warm shades are more yellow than peach. I wish she would make olive shades...

These days I go back and forth between the EM and the Lumiere. If EM had the texture and cute black-on-white packaging of Lumiere, it would be HG; if Lumiere's formula came in the exact shade I wear in EM, it would be HG. For now, I am very pleased with each. For the (inexpensive) luxury of having clear, natural-looking skin, I'll take what I can get!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by stef27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only MMU so far that I have liked. BE and others have bismuth oxycloride which is a cheap filler and irritates my skin. Also, a lot of the other brands look shiny on my skin. I don't need shiny skin, it's oily enough on it's own. I still have to use the blotter sheets halfway through the day because I still get oily, but for the price this makeup is really good.