April 18, 2014 | 1360 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cdnmakeup

I bought this through Teambuy, a package deal of 4 sponges for under $20 plus shipping which came to $24 Canadian. It looks exactly the same as the one I've seen in the store but can't say for sure whether it's the genuine product as it came through the Jade & Juliet website. It came in a cheap plastic bag, not the nice plastic box where it can easily air dry standing up in it.

Wet the sponge twice and tightly squeeze dry after each soak. This prevents the sponge from absorbing your makeup - you want it on your face not the sponge. If it's liquid make-up, put a little in your hand and then put some on the sponge. Apply the sponge onto areas of your face and kinda roll the sponge so the makeup gets on the skin evenly. Resist the temptation to rub it in. You can also pat it. I've used it for primer, foundation, blush, even eye makeup. Haven't tried it for lipstick. I like the shape of the sponge. the pointy end is useful for getting around small areas like the nose and eyes. I use the bottom round end for blush. I use the middle of the sponge for foundation and primer. For concealer, you can still use the sponge, or use your finger or brush for more coverage.

You're assured of not having a heavy makeup look, looks more like airbrushed but better. I've done real airbrush makeup and this sponge does a better job. It feels nice and light on your skin, but still looks polished. This does take a little more time than using regular brushes. You also have to make sure you clean your sponge every single time after usage. I bought the Beautyblender soap (the real one) to wash it with. I then let it air dry sitting up in a small bowl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the pure beauty blender and I love it. Although, I would not recommend this sponge since the dye bleeds and can cause acne. I will not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

The only thing I despise more than this sponge is the fact I am embarrassed that I spent $20 on a stupid disposable sponge. I feel ripped, and I don't let the fact that I paid so much for it convince me that it's any good. I can't imagine this costs more than $0.40 to produce.
First of all, it absorbs WAY too much foundation. If you doubt the absorbency capabilities of this product, put it in water and watch it grow to 3x it's regular size. It's a great way to throw your foundation down the toilet.
It's dang near impossible to clean. The super mega absorbency draws the foundation in deep. They should make a tampon out of this material.
It might be good for people that want sheer application and like the philosophy of putting too much on then taking away.
This is a classic gimmick of pretty packaging, appearance, and the false sense of luxury by overcharging. The 2 dollar disposable makeup wedges do a better job. It doesn't hold a candle to using your fingers and good quality brushes.
Edit: totally agree with previous poster that this is a prime breeding ground for molds and bacteria to fester in. Good luck getting this completely clean and sanitized- use the cheapo makeup wedges for a superior product that you can throw away without remorse for being overcharged.

16 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best tool I've ever purchased for foundation application and beats any brush, fingers, or sponge hands down for me. It's simple to use, cuts application time in half, and provides me with a flawless results each time with any of my fave foundations. The product is great quality, durable, and washes easily. Love it and after using this I'll probably never go back to any other application method again. I've already purchased a back up and a few for gifts for my friends and family.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

So I gave the product 5 stars because it is a wonderful tool. It does exactly what it claims.
However, I will probably never buy another one again just because how fast it rips apart! I splurged twice on this beauty blender and non of them lasted for more than a month. At that price range I just think there are better alternatives. Stick with foundation brushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Jsong09

I love this sponge so so so much.

Please trust me when I say the sonia kashuk and other generic brands with their knock off versions of this do not compare at all.

I use this with my foundation by wetting it, squeezing it and then squeezing it again with my towel so it is does not have a lot of water on it.

I noticed that when my sponge is more damp my concealer gets rubbed off when I try to blend it.

washing it is pretty easy too although some of the pink from the sponge comes off in the process thats not a big deal to me.

Overall I don't like that this is 20 bucks but I will forever be purchasing this miracle sponge.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh how I wanted to love this. But I'm sorry to say I can't stand this product. For me, it's awkward to work it, it absorbs a huge deal of makeup (even though I do use the sponge wet), and the worst part is that if you have any concealer on beforehand, this sponge will completely remove it with one pass. Seriously?!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DISASTER0L0GY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sponge applies makeup worse than a dampened wedge and the price is ridiculous. What a waste of $30 Canadian dollars.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. Makeup noobs like me: this is perfection. My makeup blends perfectly with this little sponge. When I was on Accutane this was so so useful as you add water and make up blends seamlessly into skin. Even with less dry skin, perfect. The things that are annoying about this product are cleaning (I use the special cleaner, the whole process feels expensive) and I had to replace mine after about 6 months because it does wear out. It's also pretty pricey on the face of it but I think it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by nlavallo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased knock offs of the beauty blender and let me tell you I was so surprised....and happily! I have tried for years to get the perfect application of makeup and this is by far the best. It beats brushes and fingers and the little sponges that I use once and toss away. Talk about a flawless finish and looking like I had nothing on! It cleaned up nicely too. I plan on purchasing more and telling everyone I know about it.....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No