September 21, 2014 | 1145 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Lilianna16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like my BB. It gives very sheer coverage of foundation, so it would be good to use with thicker more full coverage. I still use it with a light coverage foundation because it truly gives the look of no makeup. It makes foundation undetectable on the skin. Yes, you do use more product because of how sheer it makes foundation, but it evens out because you can still build coverage but no get cakey with multiple layers.

The best thing about it is touchups. After a 10 hour workday, I can touch up my makeup to go out somewhere and it brings it back to that nice look, without caking up over what I already have. Nothing has done that before, not even my fingers. Everything would look so dull and heavy, but not with this.

The only thing I worry about is bacteria. Hopefully cleaning it after each use will help to deter that. You could also hit it with some rubbing alcohol to disinfect. As for the price, I don't think it's ridiculous as you will use in place of a brush, which are much more expensive that $20.

I would say try it, especially with dry skin as the bouncing motion will not pick up flakes. But still, any skin type can use it. It's worh it to finally get a beautiful, soft, natural finish makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I love these babies! Perfect for dewy sheer coverage.

Just wet it, squeeze out the water and blend. Tip for around the nose and hard to reach places. Rounded bottom for the cheeks and any other flat surface. Just youtube for how to use beauty blender. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by marmejia87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ATTENTION people who consider to buy BeautyBlender. Actually this works. It gives me a beautiful luminous and blended evenly on my face BUT this is NOT for the full coverage application. Currently you're using a heavy foundation such as ER double wear or Revlon colorstay and you've liked its nice coverage, please avoid this item. This is rather for luminous and light coverage make up and it exactly does the same job as just wearing any kind of luminous foundations. I just prefer to use these for natural make up instead of beauty blender - make it wet, squeeze it, then blend it all over my face! such a annoying steps.
People who need full coverage make up please avoid this item and don't waste your money. If you look for natural and glow skin make up, just try another foundation - Makeup Forever Face&Body foundation, George Armani Luminous Silk foundation, BB cream, and etc..they also gives beautiful luminous on your skin without this expensive sponge.

Pros: It helps to blend foundation evenly, it gives me a nice luminous look but it's exactly the same as wearing a BB cream

Con: No coverage at all.

Hope this review helps you:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All of you who think this little guy is just a glorified sponge...I was in the same boat as you. Keyword...WAS! I recently purchased this from Sephora for $19.95 (quite steep for a sponge I will admit) but I am very pleased with how it works. After running it under some cold water, I like cold because it is refreshing when applying my makeup, it doubles in size and is much softer and squishier than other sponges. It applies makeup flawlessly, and doesn't leave cakeyness or streaks. I find it also helps my foundation go a long way. For example, when using Laura Mercier Silk Creme, I only need less than a pea sized amount to cover my entire face when using the Beauty Blender.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Throw away all your face brushes! This beauty blender overtakes all my face brushes that I have. Been using this for almost 10 months now and it is great! I always buy the ones with 2 beauty blenders inside because it is more worth it! I use 1 sponge for 6 months before throwing it out. I'm on my 2nd sponge right now.

I clean this with my cleanser and the foundation in this comes off right away. I never tried the sponger cleaner because I find that it is a waste of money since I have other products that can have the same effect in removing the foundation in it.

This blends foundation effortlessly. I mostly use liquid and power foundations so I am not sure how it is for cream foundations. I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation about 3 times a week and this sponge does not make it look cakey at all!

I never tried any knockoff versions of this before and I am glad that I did not because that would be a waste of money. This beauty blender is totally worth every single dollar. I use it everytime now. I haven't touched my brushed ever since

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the beautyblender. I've used various sponges before, including the dupes from Winners/Marshall's, but I never really liked any. The authentic beautyblender is just different. It's soft and has enough give to blend nicely. I usually spray it with Fix+ before applying my foundation with it. Way too expensive, though, so I'm not sure if I would ever buy another one. The only reason I got it in the first place is because I had $20 Glymm points to use up (I got it just a few weeks before Glymm went belly up - good timing on my part).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

The beautyblender truly is holy grail material! My only other foundation brushes I have used were Estee Lauder's foundation brush and Sigma's f80 brush. I avoided wearing foundation altogether because the brushes would make my face look so cakey and fake. I really love the look of a flawless complexion so I researched, and this was the answer. I'll admit, it took me a few weeks to fork out the cash for a little sponge that would eventually have to be replaced, but honestly... The best $20+ CAD I've ever spent on a makeup product!
The foundation application is just so flawless, smooth, and undetectable. This makes your makeup look like you've got gorgeous skin! This can sheer out your foundation so when I want a fuller coverage look, i'll apply my foundation with a brush, and at the end I use the damp beautyblender to eliminate the cakeyness. I use thick waxy/creamy concealer to hide my blue veins under my eyes which is always a total pain, but the Beautyblender makes it effortless. I've also never had a problem with getting any stains out, even my long-wearing foundations. Do not hesitate buying this life saver.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this sponge! It blends foundation and concealer like a dream! It gives me such an airbrushed look. It works for liquid, creme, and even powder foundation. The only down side (which I overlook because it is so awesome) is the maintenance and price. I would highly recommend to wash this after/before every use because it can accumulate bacteria. The price is what held me back at first but if with good care, it has lasted me over a year. I don't even reach for my brushes most of the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard so many people talking about the beautyblender sponges and how much they love them so I wanted to make sure I tried one to see if I liked it better than my egg shaped Laura Mercier foundation sponges that I love so much.
Well, I got myself one and have given it many tries, and I don't feel like the application is as smooth as I wanted it to be, and I notice that it absorbs way more product than my other sponges. However, the friends and other people I have heard saying they love the beautyblender have much better skin than I do. They don't have oily skin and don't have any blemishes or spots they want to cover up. I purchase a buildable med/full coverage foundation and I usually want full, smooth coverage. So maybe this style of sponge is just better for people who are going for a lighter application of their foundation. I wouldn't repurchase, I will stick with my egg shaped flat LM sponges!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this sponge and I'm sooooo glad I got it on sale for 12.00 with free shipping. Once I learned how to use it with a kinda bounce and roll motion my makeup (liquid foundation, concealer and TM specifically) looked sooo much better, it was even and smooth and well....better! It is delicate however and after only having it for less than a week I noticed a tiny tear in it; and I have short nails. So now what I do is when I wet it, I squeeze it between the palms of my hand and then again with a towel. The BB is really soft and smooth on my skin. Oh I almost forgot to mention that I did NOT dip the sponge in my foundation, I dotted foundation on my face first then used the sponge. I hope when I need a new one I can luck up on a sale again.