Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/22/2008 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

They need to change the name to Not So Great Lash. I got this for free from Ulta for their club member rewards program. I wanted to try it and see what the fuss was all about. It takes longer than normal to put it on because the formula is kind of dry and the brush is small. Then, it smeared on the bottom my of eyes within 30 minutes. Even if you get it for free to try, I suggest you pass and try something else worth while.

on 9/15/2008 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

as everyone said before - terrible. i was traveling and forgot my mascara at home so i went to this (thought) go-to mascara. ugh. i am STILL trying to wash the stickiness off my lashes.

I find this product to be so dry.

That said, it is a fair product for the price. I've certainly used worse, and better. It doesn't do anything impressive for length, volume, curl, nor thickness, but it will get a basic job done.

I have seen the ever-popular pink/green, pink/black bottle in pictures from famous fashion shows, oddly enough...

I had difficulties choosing, "Would you buy this product again?" -- it depends on what my financial options were, and what else is on the market at the time.

on 9/12/2008 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have this is very black and I don't get the horrible reviews. This (nor the normal one) has never clumped on me and although it irritated me at first, the fact that the wand isn't curved makes it easy to apply to all of my lashes. My lashes a pretty thick & long, so all I need is one coat & I'm good to go. This probably isn't the best mascara but imo, it's pretty good for the price.

on 9/7/2008 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Holy shit, did this suck. It didn't add a lot of volume or length but it still clumped my lashes. It made my lashes disgustingly hard and crunch, and flaked and smudged like crazy. Considering how much it smudged, you'd think it would wash off really easily, but it took forever and a day to get all this crap off my lashes....

on 9/7/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This mascara is pretty awful. I have purchased it from time to time and have always been disapointed. I need a waterproof mascara because my eyelids are so oily and I end up with smudges if I use a regular formula. So, I decided to try this again in Soft Black. Well, it is pretty awful. It is pretty dark, but, I get no lengthening from this product at all. My eyelashes are as stubby as when I started out. And, I still get smudges and clumps.

on 8/26/2008 11:05:00 PM

I have the Great Lash from Maybelline in the regular (non-waterproof) and it works really nice. I wanted a waterproof one, so I just picked this up, thinking it would be the same as the regular. This stuff is terrible! It really is. When I applied it, I got black chunks of mascara on my lashes, and yes I do wipe off the brush before I apply to avoid chunks and clumps. I took off the chunks after I finished applying and near the end of the day, my lashes seemed to be stuck together. And it is also really hard to get off: I have some makeup remover sheets, and it would not work. I had to use baby oil.

Maybe I just got a bad tube, but what I have is really awful.

on 8/19/2008 7:09:00 PM

God this stuff turns your lashes into a hardened wax plastic, they belong in a wax museum now! I hate runny mascara, but this stuff dried out my lashes SO bad, I started picking at them to pull off the stuff, which is a NO NO!!! I even put a little vitamin E capsule, now it was just a sticky hardened mess. Unless I'm going skiing, swimming, etc. I will NEVER use this mascara again!!!

on 8/15/2008 2:06:00 PM

Great value for the price, and definitely has staying power even for a contact lens wearer (my eyes water a lot!). Can be a little bit on the clumpy side though, and I couldn't find it in Blackest Black.

This was a pretty mediocre product. It didn't flake off, clump or run, but that's easy to do when all it works as is a colour depositor. For some reason, I had much greater success with the non-waterproof kind, but this did absolutely nothing for my lashes. Not recommended.