December 18, 2014 | 1568 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

Holy shit, did this suck. It didn't add a lot of volume or length but it still clumped my lashes. It made my lashes disgustingly hard and crunch, and flaked and smudged like crazy. Considering how much it smudged, you'd think it would wash off really easily, but it took forever and a day to get all this crap off my lashes....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is pretty awful. I have purchased it from time to time and have always been disapointed. I need a waterproof mascara because my eyelids are so oily and I end up with smudges if I use a regular formula. So, I decided to try this again in Soft Black. Well, it is pretty awful. It is pretty dark, but, I get no lengthening from this product at all. My eyelashes are as stubby as when I started out. And, I still get smudges and clumps.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the Great Lash from Maybelline in the regular (non-waterproof) and it works really nice. I wanted a waterproof one, so I just picked this up, thinking it would be the same as the regular. This stuff is terrible! It really is. When I applied it, I got black chunks of mascara on my lashes, and yes I do wipe off the brush before I apply to avoid chunks and clumps. I took off the chunks after I finished applying and near the end of the day, my lashes seemed to be stuck together. And it is also really hard to get off: I have some makeup remover sheets, and it would not work. I had to use baby oil.

Maybe I just got a bad tube, but what I have is really awful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Kammers10

God this stuff turns your lashes into a hardened wax plastic, they belong in a wax museum now! I hate runny mascara, but this stuff dried out my lashes SO bad, I started picking at them to pull off the stuff, which is a NO NO!!! I even put a little vitamin E capsule, now it was just a sticky hardened mess. Unless I'm going skiing, swimming, etc. I will NEVER use this mascara again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Solarfall

Great value for the price, and definitely has staying power even for a contact lens wearer (my eyes water a lot!). Can be a little bit on the clumpy side though, and I couldn't find it in Blackest Black.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a pretty mediocre product. It didn't flake off, clump or run, but that's easy to do when all it works as is a colour depositor. For some reason, I had much greater success with the non-waterproof kind, but this did absolutely nothing for my lashes. Not recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by manyisasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it really isnt all what you expect. it smears a little when its really humid and i've used with clumps before! but i do like its packaging and when it doesnt smear, its actually pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by mikodoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great mascara compared to other waterproof ones. It has a better staying power and it doesn't clump or pull on my lashes. It doesn't make a drastic change like XXL, but it makes a big enough difference with 2 coats for me to be satisfied. I only use waterproof mascara when I know I'll be in the water, so for the price and quality it really can't be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by xoKateee

I love it. So, when I looked on here and saw all the terrible reviews, I was completely in shock!

The first thing I noticed when I decided to buy this product was the packaging. It's bright pink and black if you get the waterproof version, otherwise it's bright pink and green. I think it's fantastic - it looks great in my makeup bag and I can never lose it looking like that!
Secondly, the price. I think this may well be the cheapest mascara I own, and I do realise that as a 15 year old girl, 13 is probably excessive. But this one is definitely my favourite, the fact that it is under a fiver is an added bonus! So although it doesn't last very long (this is what I took the lipstick off for, and the fact that it is quite a small bottle, even though it's probably my own fault it runs out so fast - admittedly I do use quite a lot), I can afford to buy them whenever I need.
When I got it home I was so excited to try it after reading all the fabulous reviews in magazines, and the 'America's no.1 mascara' adverts I kept seeing. And I wasn't disappointed. When I pulled the brush out the bottle I was quite surprised to see how small it was - I applied it not expecting any miracles - but I soon found out this is an advantage. It dispenses just the right amount of mascara onto the brush and then your lashes, and it's dinky size means you can get into all the little lashes around your eyes.
Now, most mascaras i've tried which claim to volumise your lashes are quite frankly rubbish. But this one, with its 'lash-doubling waterproof formula' does exactly what you want - it separates your lashes amazingly, they don't clump together and each one is prefectly defined and feathery, as well as a lot longer than they were before, making it a good all-rounder. You can also apply as much as you need, as it never clumps - I think the most i've used is 6 coats when I was going for a really dramatic look - this makes it incredibly versatile and suitable to any occasion, you can simple adapt the number of coats as to whether you're going for the 'natural look', or a false-lash effect. It does both, and everything in between.
And finally, the factor that's really made me fall in love with it. The fact that it can hold a curl no matter what. I have a slight crazy obsession with my heated eyelash curlers and I refuse to use mascaras which will re-straighten them, making this one perfect - my lashes stay perfectly curled all day :)

Okay seriously, don't listen to all the other reviews telling you it's rubbish and it doesn't work and it'll make your eyeballs drop out, etc. Buy it, you will never look back again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

looks great, great price, and doesn't smudge (even at the gym).
i won't be using this on a regular basis, because it is too hard to take off-even with good eye makeup remover.