September 20, 2014 | 1660 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by shuz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was wondering whether to get the SPF40 or SPF25, and decided on the SPF40 for more protection though the SA said the SPF25 has a lighter texture. Now I regret it because this is just a bit too thick. It's a bit hard to spread out and makes my face feel really sticky.

I do think it's a good SPF product with great fuss-free packaging, so I'll be trying the SPF25 next.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by HippieChic82

If you are looking to use this as a make up primer, keep looking.

I read other reviews where some people claimed this worked "phenomenal as a make up primer.Ē After trying it myself, that is the furthest thing from the truth. This product is like rubbing glue on your face. Itís horrible as a foundation primer. Itís so heavy and greasy and never dries completely. It does nothing to keep your make up from rubbing off. It also makes it hard to spread your foundation on your face when you are applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by bobbyeleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite sunscreen in the entire world, for the following reasons:

1. It is lightweight and does not feel greasy on my skin;
2. It has just enough tint to it that when combined with sheer translucent powder it makes for a great natural look;
3. It works as a phenomenal foundation primer;
4. It doesn't smell like sunscreen; and
5. I am not allergic to it!

I'm very fair and this is my year round sunscreen solution for my face. It is effortless and I love it. I highly recommend it, am never without it, and will be lost if its ever discontinued. It also lasts quite a while - making it very cost effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by candaceinutah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite facial sunscreen. It's got a slight tint and shimmer, uses titanium and zinc oxide (what my dermatologist said for me to use because it's the most effective sun screen), has no fragrance, is gentle enough for the eye area. It soaks right into your skin, leaves a pretty sheen, and won't break you out. On top of all that, it's reasonably priced. Perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

In Australia this is SPF 30. It goes on great under makeup, feels good and doesn't cause break outs as so many others do. For this reason I have been using it for about a year. However, I'm ready to change because I'm not sure how effectively this is actually blocking the sun's rays?? I still seem to be getting burnt on my chest at times and I wear it on my face & chest every day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by shirlyxgurl

It worked fine for me under makeup, but wearing it alone w/o the help of a mattifier made me really greasy. At first I didn't mind it being a little thick for me, but after finding another sunblock/moisturizer that had a thinner consistency, I put this one in the back burner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by SensitiveCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive combination skin type, and this product doesn't really work for me. I am so thrilled to try this product at the beginning, and it was okay on the first day. Then my skin started itching the second day of using it, and after I washed my face, I noticed some dry patches on my face, and it's a bit red. I found out that those are rashes on my face. I quickly grab the box and read more information on ingredients, then I found that there are chemincal sunscreen agents in it. I was so surprised because it said the product is okay for sensitive skin as well. So I assumed that the ingredients should be fine to me....but i was wrong, I should have read the ingredients before I buy anything in the future. Somehow my sensitive skin can only tolerate the physical sunscreen ingredients such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, NOT any chemical sunscreen ingredients. It's nice that the Clinique counter allows me to exchange it to the SPF 25 one, which doesn't have chemical sunscreen agents in it. I love SPF 25 now, it doesn't irritate my skin at all...I love it!!! Thanks Clinique.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tempest322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

**(Please read my final update below!)** Original review: I have only been using this for a few days, but I am liking it very much so far (which probably means it will be discontinued, as all my favorite products seem to be lately!). I bought this on a whim while perusing the Clinique website. It has a light and creamy texture and smooths over my skin very easily, and although it's tinted, the tint all but disappears when I put it on, while evening out my skintone a bit. I don't wear foundation, just use concealer where necessary, so my sunscreen acts as my "base", and this is a very nice sort of "semi-foundation"/sunscreen combo. It feels light (although I'll have to see what it's like in the summer) and is not greasy on my skin. Also, a little seems to go a long way, making me think this will prove to be quite inexpensive in the long run. I like the small, sleek tube it comes in as well. I'm not crazy about the smell (it says it's 100% fragrance free, and maybe it doesn't actually contain fragrance, but I think it smells a bit odd), but that's not a big deal.
UPDATE: I just have to add, after using this for two months, that I'm loving it. It actually seems to have *improved* the look of my skin, softened and smoothed it, where most sunscreens break me out after a few days of use.
UPDATE #2: Oh, boy -- this is sad. After nearly a year and a half of really liking this product and using it daily, I repurchased it because I ran out, and now it causes me to break out terribly, as well as redness and stinging! Did Clinique change the ingredients? Very disappointing! I'm changing my review to 3 lippies -- still think this is wonderfully fluffy and non-greasy if it doesn't make you break out!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sanderlees

I bought this a while ago.. and only used it twice, as i find it way too greasy and sticky for my combination skin. I have very dry cheeks and a relatively oily T-Zone, and I just can't handle this product. Of course, I've only used it during the summer (the season I bought it) and because it felt sticky, I was turned off from it completely. I am still on the look out for the perfect sunscreen for the face that is not greasy -- does such a product even exist for anyone with the slightest oiliness?But after reading the reviews here, I think i will give it one more try during the dry winter months... otherwise... it's going in my swap list...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had a tube of this sitting in my bathroom this winter. I normally use this during the summer months, and just use a moisturizer with sunscreen in the morning. I started using it again as a makeup primer since I was not liking my ususal primer in the winter time. This works great as a primer in between my moisturizer and liquid foundation. The slight tint in this sunscreen helps to even out my skin tone and I am using less foundation. I do not find this greasy now that my skin is dryer. I feel better that I am using a stronger sun block even if I am only outside for a few minutes a day. I would repurchase when I run out, but I will switch to the sheer formulation for the summer when my skin is oilier.