Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this product very much! :)

It's not as greasy and goes well with other foundations. I don't like the smell though... but overall, it's a good product.

I use this as a tinted moisturizer and find it to be extremely moisturizing. I have to disagree with the girl below me who said it is almost like dried toothpaste... Mine is not like that at all, actually it's really runny. I use it everywhere. Since I honestly don't have much to cover up, I skip the foundation/powder and use this instead. I probably won't buy this again because I'm always on a quest for new products. I am fair skinned with yellow undertones so it blends fairly well.

on 4/18/2009 12:42:00 PM

I received a trial sample tube from a friend so I can't comment on the price, but I think a full tube retails around $20 on Sephora's website. When I first dispensed the product from the tube it came out this horrible shade of dark yellow-brown. Being PPP I was super alarmed!! I used a pea sized amount to cover my face followed by an additional pea sized amount to apply to my neck and upper chest. This stuff smells awful almost like emesis!! It was super thick, like dried up toothpaste consistency, and very difficult to blend. It wasn't moisturizing at all and I had to apply more eyecream then usual. My complexion was left with a slightly darkened hue/tone too. It was really really really difficult to apply my foundation, I tried my makeup brushes, fingers, and sponge, but I found the best application for my foundation was a slightly moistened sponge. After successfully applying my foundation & dusting powder I found within 2 hours that my foundation became cakey, creasy, and darkened!! It was really heart breaking as I was wearing my typical foundation that I have never had problems with. I really wanted to like this product as Clinique was a good reputation and the SPF 40 rating is very desirable. I would not recommend this, very disappointed.

on 4/15/2009 2:10:00 PM

I was wondering whether to get the SPF40 or SPF25, and decided on the SPF40 for more protection though the SA said the SPF25 has a lighter texture. Now I regret it because this is just a bit too thick. It's a bit hard to spread out and makes my face feel really sticky.

I do think it's a good SPF product with great fuss-free packaging, so I'll be trying the SPF25 next.

on 4/14/2009 8:37:00 PM

If you are looking to use this as a make up primer, keep looking.

I read other reviews where some people claimed this worked "phenomenal as a make up primer.Ē After trying it myself, that is the furthest thing from the truth. This product is like rubbing glue on your face. Itís horrible as a foundation primer. Itís so heavy and greasy and never dries completely. It does nothing to keep your make up from rubbing off. It also makes it hard to spread your foundation on your face when you are applying it.

on 4/4/2009 2:09:00 PM

This is my favorite sunscreen in the entire world, for the following reasons:

1. It is lightweight and does not feel greasy on my skin;
2. It has just enough tint to it that when combined with sheer translucent powder it makes for a great natural look;
3. It works as a phenomenal foundation primer;
4. It doesn't smell like sunscreen; and
5. I am not allergic to it!

I'm very fair and this is my year round sunscreen solution for my face. It is effortless and I love it. I highly recommend it, am never without it, and will be lost if its ever discontinued. It also lasts quite a while - making it very cost effective.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite facial sunscreen. It's got a slight tint and shimmer, uses titanium and zinc oxide (what my dermatologist said for me to use because it's the most effective sun screen), has no fragrance, is gentle enough for the eye area. It soaks right into your skin, leaves a pretty sheen, and won't break you out. On top of all that, it's reasonably priced. Perfect!

on 3/6/2009 12:07:00 AM

In Australia this is SPF 30. It goes on great under makeup, feels good and doesn't cause break outs as so many others do. For this reason I have been using it for about a year. However, I'm ready to change because I'm not sure how effectively this is actually blocking the sun's rays?? I still seem to be getting burnt on my chest at times and I wear it on my face & chest every day.

on 2/15/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It worked fine for me under makeup, but wearing it alone w/o the help of a mattifier made me really greasy. At first I didn't mind it being a little thick for me, but after finding another sunblock/moisturizer that had a thinner consistency, I put this one in the back burner.

on 2/10/2009 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive combination skin type, and this product doesn't really work for me. I am so thrilled to try this product at the beginning, and it was okay on the first day. Then my skin started itching the second day of using it, and after I washed my face, I noticed some dry patches on my face, and it's a bit red. I found out that those are rashes on my face. I quickly grab the box and read more information on ingredients, then I found that there are chemincal sunscreen agents in it. I was so surprised because it said the product is okay for sensitive skin as well. So I assumed that the ingredients should be fine to me....but i was wrong, I should have read the ingredients before I buy anything in the future. Somehow my sensitive skin can only tolerate the physical sunscreen ingredients such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, NOT any chemical sunscreen ingredients. It's nice that the Clinique counter allows me to exchange it to the SPF 25 one, which doesn't have chemical sunscreen agents in it. I love SPF 25 now, it doesn't irritate my skin at all...I love it!!! Thanks Clinique.