July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really do not like this foundation. I bought it in nc25 and it was a perfect color match at first. But within an hour it oxidizes to a very noticable orange shade. When applying this foundation, it goes on semi-matte and really soaks into the skin very quickly...so it's a pain in the butt to try to blend. It doesn't stay matte for long and is straight up greasy looking after about 3 hours. I have combo skin which leans oily in the T-zone. This foundation makes my entire face oily and splotchy looking. I really regret purchasing this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Alissalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used this foundation for a few years and was fairly happy with it. I had normal skin and the Studio Fix Fluid in NC30/35/40 had great staying power, the finish was not too matte and the price is reasonable. I liked that the coverage was buildable and MAC have an extensive range of shades.

Since then my skin has changed and I now have more oily skin (mostly t-zone and forehead, a little) SFF looked great in the morning, but by mid-afternoon I looked shiny, even though I blotted and used powder.

Overall, great for dry or normal skin, but not for people who tend to get a bit oily.

N.B I hate that they charge for a pump! Why not just include one?

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Aimrimx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation after reading countless reviews of how brilliant it was, I've been looking for a good foundation that covers all the problem areas in my face. My skin is very oily, spot prone and covered in acne scars. This foundation does absolutely nothing for me! First of all it smells of paint stripper, I'm not a fan of putting something that smells so strongly of chemicals on my face with it been so spot prone, but I did anyways, it didn't do a very good job at hiding my acne, and just clogged my scars up, which inevitably made them look worse, it also made me look very cakey. Throughout the day I noticed my face getting more and more orange, because the liquid oxides during the day, which isn't ideal when you're paying so much for something that is supposed to be decent. Aswell as this, the foundation comes in a glass bottle with no pump, I had to purchase one off eBay, and even then the bottle leaked. All in all, I definitely wouldn't purchase this again, the only good point is that a little blob of foundation can cover a full face.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

CAUTION: Stay away from this stuff if you are acne prone or oily!!!!! This foundation totally destroyed my skin. For reference I have super oily and acne prone skin with occasional dryness from acne treatments, and I am nc35-40. I began using this foundation after trying Mac Pro longwear foundation and loving it. I figured this would be similar but more matte and fuller coverage. Boy was I wrong. After about an hour of wearing this foundation my skin was super oily through the t-zone, dry patches were exaggerated, and I oxidized into an orange clown. Not sexy. Now on to the really ugly part of it... I broke out into cystic acne all over my face. I usually only break out on my chin or forehead. I knew this foundation was the culprit because I've never broken out on my cheeks. At 26 I do not want to look like a hormonal teenager. I backed to mac this foundation because I couldn't find my receipt.

If you have oily skin I'd recommend the Mac Pro longwear foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Studio Fix for $27 from MAC; I have two bottles in NC45, but I'm considering switching to NWs because I don't think I was colour-matched properly. Anyway, I am so conflicted & torn with this foundation. My feelings about it often change between love & hate. I use this it somewhat frequently, but it's not one of my favourites. It's much better than a lot of foundations I own, but I've got oily skin & it's not what's best. I wasn't impressed with the wearing time at all. I was shiny-looking after only a few hours; even with priming & setting/powdering, oil came through. It's frustrating because this makeup does offer good coverage (which I like to build to full). It does a good job of covering discoloration & acne scars regardless of whether or not I use a concealer.

I apply Studio Fix with a beauty blender I dampen with Fix+. It's hard to pour because the formula is thick/heavy. There's no pump, ugh. Because it doesn't have one, product tends to get all over the inside of the lid & around the top of the bottle. It blends easily & looks smooth when I'm done. It sets to a semi-matte finish, but not quite as matte as I'd like. Again, I have oily skin, so I'm nit-picky about that. If something is supposed to set matte, I want it to be really matte - no dew or shine whatsoever. With the passing of time, the foundation does oxidize darker than it looks when you first apply it.

In regards to the packaging, I have only complaint. Like I mentioned above, it would be really awesome if this came with a pump as opposed to having to purchase it separately for $9. Yes, the pump that should already be provided costs an extra third of what the foundation does! Ridiculous, right? This particular foundation is way too thick for a pump to be optional.

I decided I'm going to keep using Studio Fix & just wear it on days I'm not going to be out long. The very first time I wore it I actually received two compliments, so I'm going to experiment & see if trying different primers, setters sprays, powders, etc. will help improve the wearing time. If you have oily skin, I don't recommend unless you have good quality priming &/or setting products to go with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG!!!! Finally! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. I have used the studio fix powder and liked it but still me oily. I purchased this with the MAC blot powder and after a long day skin looks flawless! No oil! I've tried every matte foundation powder and liquid foundation out there from drug store to $$$$$ and this is by far the best!!! My only complaint is the bottle I wish it were a pump :).

I changed my review after using it for a month it started making my skin look dull. It did provide matte coverage but I like a more natural look and It felt too thick on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by fatima1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My shade in good times is NC42, and its as yellow as i want it to be <3 !! I simply love it. They come in many different shades from pink to yellow pale to dark! that's why they're great!
Coverage wise it has a medium to full coverage and lasts almost all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mindofmikey1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have dry skin sometimes normal/combo but I am definitely on the more dry side. I grew up having some eczema and I've always aimed for a more dewy hydrated look. This foundation has amazing coverage, it's buildable and suits dry skin and oily skin depending on how you apply it, whether you moisturize or not and if you use setting spray. Even though this foundation is more of a matte finish, I moisturize well when I know I am going to use this foundation for the day and than I sometimes use my MAC setting spray to make it look hydrated. I however have found it to oxidize a bit, I've had my current bottle of this for about a year because I'm one who always switches foundations and enjoy trying new ones. I always come back to this though. It is too heavy for everyday wear but perfect for a night out or a day you just wanna look real nice. The packaging is nice, the only downfall is you have to purchase a pump seperately. The consistency is thick and it's not hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

My new HG foundation! I'm nc 37 and I have really oily skin with a dry patch on my chin and it makes my skin flawless! It last a very long time. I have no transfer and it looks better like a hour after I applied it. For only 30$ a bottle it's worth it. It'll last me a couple months! Good job Mac

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in NW13. This shade is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have been looking for a fair and yet pinky foundation that matches my complexion for 10+ years. This shade is perfect for those who are pale but have some pink in their skin tone, in other words, fair but not stark milk white.
As for other qualities- it covers pretty well. I need to use a concealer for any obvious blemishes that I have but this alone will make my skin look even and take away red splotches. I can see how it would be a little too oily for summer but I have yet to wear this during hot weather. I have noticed that it doesn't look terribly wonderful whenever I sweat a bit. However, I like that it is sort of thick because it doesn't seem to accentuate dry patches. I hate dry patches.
It hasn't made me break out yet. The smell is not offensive. The only negatives I have experienced so far is the bottle (I am going to have to break down and buy a stupid pump) and the price (for me, it's pricey. But for department store brands, it's pretty good). I can't give it 5 lippies because I only reserve that for nearly perfect products, but it definitely deserves four which means pretty darn good in my rating system.