September 16, 2014 | 1782 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by jlrodriguez

One of my favorite mascaras! I especially love the brush, I find it really hard to apply when the brushes are big and fat. This is perfect, really easy to get into the corners of your lashes.

I've recently started getting some transference to my undereye area after a few hours (raccoon eyes!). I'm not sure what started this, it might just be that my skin is oilier in the summer? Hoping I can go back to using this in the fall/winter when my skin is less oily, or maybe I'll just switch to the waterproof formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

No holds barred, the best mascara I've used. I've been a loyal Lancome mascara wearer for nearly 20 years. While I've "cheated" and tried other brands, I always come back to Lancome. And I've tried a variety of Lancome mascaras, but always seem to come back to the Definicils.

For me, it does what a mascara should do. It's make my lashes visible and my eyes pop. It does not flake, clump or bleed, and dries fairly quickly.

I do not believe in lengthening mascara. While I wish it were possible, think about it, HOW? If you want longer lashes, you need to wear false lashes (which I've never tried, so I can't speak to that).

This product does not thicken too much. Although I only apply one coat, with a little extra to the outside corners.

It's pricey. Considering you are only supposed to keep any mascara for 3 months, it carries a bit of a price tag. It often comes as the "free" gift with purchase, so that's worth keeping an eye out for if you want to give this little gem a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ulia032

A very nice lengthening and defining mascara. Doesn't smudge, stays on all day long, holds a curl pretty well. It takes for it 3 months to dry out. Overall, nice quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this product that I have been using the last little while. It is an ok mascara, nothing terrible but nothing amazing either. Sometimes can be a little clumpy. I don't think I would purchase the full-size, especially considering that it is a little pricey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

It was O.K. but just ok nothing too special (Im on my second tube). I would say its a little above average but not that much to justify the price. It looks gorgeous going on but I have trouble wiith it running and it dosent have very good staying power. I dont have any mascara left after 2-3 hours. I would try other less expensive brands before I buy this again **** I have found the secret to this mascara You have to glob it on It looks good if I put on 10 coats and stays for a while. *** I think I found the secret to this mascara. I live in a very dry climate and it doesn't work well for me here. However went to a warmer more humid climate and it worked a whole lot better. Maybe it has to have more moisture in air to work.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by fashionista27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

don't get what's the rave with this product. Very expensive but doesn't pay off the quality you are looking for. I got no choice but to keep it as I don't wanna just throw AED150, wear it in the office and by afternoon it already smudge round my lower lids which turn me into a racoon. it flakes a little bit as well. Will not purchase again, will keep looking for less expensive but good quality mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandletdown678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why is this mascara so raved about, I could never tell why.

I notice a small amount of extra length, no noticeable volume added. Of course if you had light or blonde lashes it would make them black, that's about it.

If I had to choose $25 to wear this mascara or go with no mascara on my lashes, I would go without mascara. To me, this is just one of those products that really doesn't do anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent mascara. Doesn't clump and adds the most beautiful length and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lexyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. I was expecting more from this. I think that if you already have good lashes and don't need much other than colour, definition and no flakes, then this is for you. If you are like me and need pretty much everything - colour, length, volume, etc - from a mascara, then expect disappointment. I felt like I looked like I had no mascara on. I still prefer BadGal by far, although I am prepared to live with a few flakes. Just picked up Voluminous again today - who can pass up $6 mascara that is reliable, versus spending $20+ for disappointment. I will pick up BadGal again when I need a mascara splurge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a great example of a "pretty good" product.

Pros:
Love the tapered brush because it gets right into the corner of my eyes and coats the little wee hairs there
One coat is all I need

Cons:
Wet and messy

It's a nice, basic mascara that's a perfectly good product.