Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 1/6/2012 10:14:00 AM

this has been my go-to mascara for years. I love, love,love it. I like the coloring- in either black or dark brown- and I think one tube lasts forever even though I wear it everyday. Doesn't clump if you use properly (don't reapply too much or any mascara will get clumpy) and make my lashes look longer and full. I have used other mascaras-drugstore and make up counter brands, and this one is my favorite. They do seem to raise the price every year or two, but I keep paying it!
I don't use any other Lancome products but this one.

on 12/31/2011 7:10:00 AM

My HG mascara, for sure! Lately I've been experimenting with other brands of mascara, but NOTHING tops this one. It will lengthen your lashes without flaking or smudging and lasts all day long. Don't bother with falsies. This mascara will do the trick. Trust me.

on 12/30/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am really torn on how I feel about this product. Mascara is a difficult product to formulate and this one has clump potential. I don't LOVE the brush either. Price was medium and so was quality.

Easy to remove - that was good - but no way I would wear this to a wedding or funeral - you could easily cry it off. Eew.

Will not re-purchase. I like Beauticontrol and DiorShow better.

on 12/27/2011 3:34:00 PM

EEK! This mascara is horrible for me! I can't say it is horrible period, because I know we all have different eyelashes and wants for mascaras. It barely did anything for me unless I used a primer. In my opinion, there are enough mascaras out there to not have to use a primer, but there are some exceptions. :) Anyway, I was less than impressed with everything about this mascara. From the bad formular all the way to the weird color. It doesn't look completely black, kinda gray (I bought it in black). Also, the formula is just bad. It makes my eyelashes look stringy and gross, and does not hold a curl WHATSOEVER. If you're looking for a great lengthening mascara, get the Clinique one with the weird wand. It is amazing!

on 12/19/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not sure why the rating is so low. This is my fav mascara. Wont buy because it's too expensive!

on 11/30/2011 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

verrrrrry nice small brush to get every little lash. this is my go to for daytime, because it is dramatic but not in a "i'm ready to go clubbing" sort of way. i have very thin, short lashes, and this is lovely on them- sort of feathery looking, really, which is my favourite look! it also lengthens and volumizes in a really doe eyed way. beautiful!

on 11/13/2011 5:02:00 PM

Classic Lancome packaging, sleek black shiny tube, very nice but not anything special in terms of Lancome mascaras.

This mascara seperates very well and gives a nice curl. I don't even need to curl my lashes with this, but I use it on top of my Clinique lash primer. The curl holds all day and the color is dark enough. It's able to give some length as well. It has never smudged on me before, and 1 coat will get the job done.

I love this for casual everyday looks when I want clean looking nicely defined lashes with a good curl and some length. It is the one I reach for on work days when I need something that will hold all day and looks good for work or meeting people. This is not the mascara for anything dramatic though.

on 11/7/2011 10:33:00 AM

I gotta love it for doing what it is supposed to do. I have straight Asian eyelashes and they lack in length and volume. Without mascara, my lashes will generally stick sadly and finely straight down. I really like Definicils a lot and this tends to be my daytime go to mascara. It really adds very little volume and hopefully no one is comparing it to any big volume boosting mascaras. What is really does is provide great dark color and very nice length and definition to the lashes. The formula is on the watery side and feels light. It doesn't drag down curled lashes and it is not a clumpy formula. I can layer 3 coats easily which no clumps. They don't feel dry and crunchy, but reasonably soft and pliant.

on 11/6/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yuck. Maybe I'm spoiled from my Dior mascara collection of Blackout, Iconic and Extase, but this mascara felt like it was straight from a drugstore. It has a roughness to it when it starts to dry and doesn't allow multiple coats without starting to clump, even if used over Lancome's own mascara base. It has the feel of say, L'oreal Lash Blast. Which is no good when you're going for a dramatic fanned-out, long, doe-eyed look. Save your $25 and put it toward a Dior mascara.

on 11/2/2011 9:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I remember this was one of the first department store mascaras I used. I have very straight Asian lashes. This mascara does define my lashes and reduces clumping. However, I remember it doesn't volumize at all. It lengthened a little. Not worth the price in my opinion. Cover Girl's lash blast does a better job of lengthening my volumizing my lashes. For dept store Dior's Black Out did a better job.

Popular Mascaras