April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

HG for me! This black is so deep and true. The finish does not budge and is amazingly smooth. True love with this liner! Makes my eyes look bigger and more awake!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by r0ckroy4lty

I have been using this eyeliner since the beginning of my high school days and I have never contemplating switching my product. Gives a true jet black line, easy to control with my body shop e/l brush (tried the BB eyeliner brush but I like my BS one...more control). Like the packaging, basic and chic. A little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time. My only complaint is, although it won't dry out on you like I hear MAC fluidline does, I have gone through 3 tubs of these and sometimes they will eventually get dry and start flaking before you finish the entire product. However, this is HG material and nothing will ever replace it in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased the black because I was going for a different kind of classic eye look, something beyond my usual brown neutral colors. This is a true black, but it lacks the depth of color I was hoping for. It stays on till the end, sometimes a little too much because even with eye make up remover and my usual cleanser, there is usually some sort of residue left. It took forever to master applying this; it was much harder than I imagined. I use my Sephora professional angled eyeliner brush, dip one side in the gel, then wipe the excess of on a tissue. I hate wasting it, but it was the only way I could apply it correctly. I then apply a thing line against my upper lash line. Although I believe the quality of the gel eyeliners is very high, I would not repurchase because it is more work than I thought it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by helloalana

I have mixed reaction to this Black Ink gel eyeliner cos i'm also using the chocolate shimmer ink. While i find the chocolate shimmer ink very good (love it), i'm not so sure about the black ink.

I like the effect it gives - black striking effect. but somehow with the black ink liner, not long after applying it on my eyelids, i notice that i get smudges on my undereye....is it me only or do other people experience this as well?

and i notice that the black ink gel liner dries up faster (in the tub) compared to the chocolate shimmer. I have yet to try the other colors so i cant really make any comparisons yet. i will try again to see if the same thing happens again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I consider myself pretty familiar with the gel/cream eyeliner rage, as I have quite a few pots of MAC Fluidline and L'Oreal HIP cream liners. I got this on eBay cheaper than I what I would've paid retail for it at the BB counter. I would never pay full price for one of these. I ran out of my Blacktrack last year and had been using MAC Penultimate as my everyday black eyeliner, but I wanted to go back to the gel/cream formula.
This stuff is no different than Blacktrack, in fact, it goes on the same and looks the same. However, it lacks that true, deep black look. That is why I'm taking off one lipstick. Even after two coats, it looks more of a dark charcoal gray/light black, if that makes sense. To correct that, I let the liner dry and apply my Penultimate over top, to give it the matte black liner look. Or if I'm in a hurry, I'll use MAC Carbon e/s over top.
I use a MAC 266 or Coastal Scents taklon liner brush to work with this liner.
I will say that it lives up to it's claim of long wearing, as it lasts through long hours at work, rubbing my eyes, crying and sleeping!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by adesisca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i never touch eyeliner before i tried this one. pencil eyeliner is too hard for me and liquid always get messy. bobbi brown introduces me to a gel eyeliner and i am so thankful that they invented gel eyeliner!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by csong12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I feel like I got a defected pot of this gel liner. The consistency of the product is amazingly smooth, but it would smudge on the crease of my upper eyelid within a couple of hours. I would constantly have to "clean up" the eyeliner. I also found that it wasn't long-lasting at all on my oily eyelids. I used a primer but to no avail. Although this eyeliner would not smudge or travel or run and give me raccoon eyes, it would simply dissapear from my lids. This makes me think that it probably just got into the inside corners of my eye and it went into my eye. GROSS! For the price of this, I expected MUCH much better. I was really dissapointed with the brush too. I would definitely try the product on in the store and wear it for a day and see how it holds up before purchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by beautygeek

In my opinion, this Gel Eyeliner is better than the MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and the HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. I feel that this gel formula glides on my lid a lot easier and smoother. The color is pigmented and very black (just how I like it). It is very creamy and does not smudge on the upper lid. I have Black Ink and Violet Ink and both works great as bases too. I put the Violet Ink on my lower lashline once and it lasted all day with only a slight smudge; it wasn't too drastic that it made me look like a raccoon. I put this on my waterline for a while to test the lasting power, but it smudged right off, so I do not recommend this for the waterline or people with watery eyes. I really like this Gel Eyeliner a lot better than the previous I tried. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

i've done a general review on this product (bb gel liner) which got a 5 from me. LOVE!!!!

so in this review i am gonna talk about the colour

ITS A PERFECT BLACK, good pigmentation, non transfering into the crease, and finally my waterline is true-black-coloured all day !!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jyllian

I generally agree with the rave reviews on this product (yes, it goes on smoothly; yes, it's nice and dark; yes, it's got p-r-e-t-t-y good staying power), *but* for some reason, I can't get this to product to work perfectly for me. Black Ink is so very dark and I find it hard to smudge, so my eyes actually end up looking smaller because they are lined too darkly and finely. When I do succeed in smudging it, the only look I can achieve is the "danced-all-night-in-a-club-and-drank-too-much" sort of whorish goth look. Not really flattering. Then too, I took it to Hawaii to swim with because so many people claimed you could swim and it wouldn't run or smudge, but that turned out not to be true for me. When it dries off, it kind of flakes off in chunks rather than fades softly (which I prefer). Maybe the Graphite color would be better for what I need... frankly, I much prefer Laura Mercier Black Ebony eye liner.