Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/23/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It is a pretty good price for an amazing product. Cetaphil is one of the best cleansers I know out there. It cleans your face really well, although you have to remove your makeup separately. People say it is not gentle, but it really gets all of the dirt out of your pores, and opens them up. After I put on Cetaphil, I always use my Clarisonic and I feel that it cleans my face really well. I highly suggest this product!

on 2/23/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is, and will forever be, part of my default skincare routine. I have oily skin that is prone to some breakouts, but I feel that this cleanser keeps a sort of balance. It cleanses the oils from my face, but also doesn't strip the moisture off of it.
I think this is ideal for my oily skin, but I do have a friend that has dry skin and didn't like the results she got from Cetaphil. So I assume that people with dry skin may have to dry another cleanser.

on 2/21/2014 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this cleanser, it is really good for those who just want a non-drying cleanser that leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturised without a whole lot of ingredients that could cause a reaction. Admittedly it is not good for those who wear a lot of make up and thick layers of sunscreen as you will need another cleanser beforehand. However, I do not wear make up everyday, so using this morning and night works for me and doesn't leave me with that tight overly-cleansed skin feeling. My skin feels soft and clean. This is all I ask for a cleanser, as I sort out other issues via treatments, facials and exfoliation. Because its creamy and runny it does run out quickly though!

on 2/21/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great for sensitive skin. I can't use products with salycilic acid (horrible rash) so I need a gentle product like this that won't burn my face. I used to use Johnson & Johnson Purpose, but it was too drying and left my face feeling tight.

I had a period of terrible breakouts last year where no product was able to help, including this one. Then I found out I was washing my face too often. I now only wash my face at night to remove makeup and in the morning I just rinse with water. I haven't had a breakout in 6 months.

I do use this product to remove eye makeup. The trick is to apply dry and then wipe off with a cotton pad/ball. Then wash your face with water as normal. Do not wet your face before removing any eye makeup or the mascara will just smear around your face and will not come off.

on 2/20/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Same as other reviewers, I hate the fact that it doesn't lather, I don't feel my face is clean. I've also gotten bumps all over my face right after I use it and then they slowly disappear but I hate the swollen look on my cheeks. Only used it 4 times and not giving it another try. I wish I could return it :-/ I guess I'll be going back to Clinique take the day off, which is very good for removing makeup but also makes my skin feel soft and smooth.

on 2/20/2014 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My Mom and I both love this stuff to death. She has combination skin and I have dry to combination skin, by the way. I feel like those who don't like this product aren't using it properly. It's not meant to be a makeup remover, and it sure as heck isn't. I just remove my face makeup and eye makeup with a makeup wipe before I use this. It really is gentle, I have sensitive, rosacean skin and it has never irritated my skin in anyway. It doesn't suck the moisture out of my dry cheeks, and doesn't leave my t-zone greasy. For a drugstore or high end cleanser, it is amazing. I've tried out loads of facial cleansers, but I always end up coming back to this one.

on 2/17/2014 6:37:00 PM

After 2 days of using this cleanser (morning & night), my face began to burn and become dry and blistered. I have sensitive skin and I was told this cleanser would be perfect for me, but it definitely wasnít. I was using CeraVe and my skin NEVER had that reaction to it and to my knowledge, the 2 cleansers are comparable. I may be having a reaction to one of the ingredients in it but Iím not sure. Itís supposed to be such a gentle cleanser I would think someone with sensitive skin like myself would be fine using it.

on 2/17/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a nice product. I wouldnt buy it again because its very expensive at least where i live. I get the same result with dove beauty bar, or glycerin soap. Still if you have extreamly sensitive skin it may be worth the money.

on 2/16/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

The price is right, I find it to be non-drying, and so far no adverse effects. I can see why it's so darn popular.

And to think I was going to try Philosophy....

on 2/16/2014 1:04:00 PM

I don't recommend this product if you have acne because it doesn't help it at all. I used this for 2 weeks and there was no difference in my skin. However I would recommend this product to people who don't have acne and just want a simple cleanser because this one is really gentle and it doesn't burn your skin

Video Reviews & Tutorials