September 1, 2014 | 1269 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Ambrosia777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have worked for dermatologists for years and they all have recommended this product. Not only is it great for your skin but it is also gentle enough. I have oily skin and use acne products , although it does not removed all of my eye makeup I do use it everyday and finish the makeup removal with an additional product .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is but I feel like this does nothing to my face at all. It goes on easy and it too easy to come off. As I have read from others I feel like it just doesn't do anything or absorb.

I prefer something with beeds that is a little more effective

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Upon a friend's recommendation I tried this. Love it! I had to get used to the feel - it's (not to be gross) like a milky goo. It does not lather. I have to use it twice- once to get off all the makeup, another to wash my face - but I was typically doing that with 2 different Clinique products before, for a lot more money. The off brand of Cetaphil (like the Walmart brand) seems to work just as well. It does not dry out my face, but leaves it very smooth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Using this product for a couple weeks caused a terrible break out on my face, unlike anything I have experienced in quite some time. Stopped using and my face cleared up. I can't for the life of me figure out what this contained that was harmful and irritating to my skin. Oh well, I can scratch this one off my list.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by PetrovaAllure

Nice formula. Doesn't irritate skin. Good for a "back to basics" cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this cleanser for a few years now. It is one of the very few cleansers that doesn't irritate my skin and make it red and dried out but, still gets my skin clean. I use it twice a day, morning and night. If I wear makeup I will use a makeup remover first and then use the Cetaphil to get rid of any traces of left over makeup or residue.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lot of people really swear by Cetaphil but I am more of a Cerave girl. For some reason, my complexion just looks better on Cerave.

Cetaphil is ok but when comparing to other over the counter face washes but definitely not something I would repurchase. I feel like the face wash doesn't make a difference on my face and that I put it on, it doesn't soak in then I wash it off (if you know what I'm saying)

All in all, I am not the biggest fan of this product but I do know some girlfriends that love it so to each her own :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gentle and effective cleanser that removes makeup and is safe to use when also using stronger topical acne medications. Cleanser claims to be non-irritating but can occasionally cause redness and dryness. I ALWAYS use a moisturizer after cleansing to prevent irritation and dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I love this cleanser. I have very, very dry, red, sensitive skin, and I use this at night when I haven't worn any makeup that day, and sometimes in the morning when I want to apply facial products after. I squirt it in my hand and then rub it all over my face, and remove it with a cotton pad. I do not use any water because I use a toner after which removes any residue. It doesn't dry out my skin or make my redness worse. It's an amazing basic facial cleanser, my only complaint is that it's very watery, which can make things messy if you aren't too careful.

Also, make sure to remember that this is NOT A MAKEUP REMOVER. I use a different cleanser when I want to remove my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by timtamz07

This stuff is absolutely great!! At first I was very unsure whether it would even work on my combination skin since pretty much all my previous cleansers I used (e.g Garnier Cleaning Detox) stripped my skin off, leaving it redder and flaky. My friend recommended I try Cetaphil and after 2 days (I use Cetaphil morning and before going to bed btw) my skin felt so soft and clean at the same time. It's also a great softener. If you have acne on your skin, I'd say that Cetaphil is a good start to start getting better results but don't believe you should only rely on that. Exfoliate at least once a week or facial masks. I would repurchase Cetaphil though in the near future when I run out.