September 18, 2014 | 1909 users online

Powder - Alima - Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2009 6:06:00 AM More reviews by ltorres17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a love hate relationship with this product until I figured out how to use it. At fist I hated it I will agree that it made my look chaky and it gets worse as you try to get more coverage. So I ended up going back to my previous powder then on a whim decide to this a new way. This is what I do:

I put a small amount of lotion on my hand add two drops of water ( to me this feel better because it doesnt feel too heavy) . Then I mix it w/ my fingers. Next I add tea tree oil to help w/ my acne only one drop but sometimes two comes out. I also mix this w/ my finguers. Lastly I add a pea size maybe two(depends on how much coverage I want that day) of the Alima foundation and I mix it very well together.

And Vuala you have your own tinted moisturizer. When applying this I tend to rub outward towards my hair line. This technique believe it or not gives me great coverage and looks So Natural. I will def buy the full size in W4.

IMO this is alot better and more natural ( with ing.) that BE which caused me to break out. I dont think this product has caused my to break out any more than usual. As for any less idk I was on bc for a 3 yrs and it messed with my homones super bad I had cystic acne and looked like a pizza face. Now that Ive been off of it for a while I only have like 3 small zits so Im happy either way. I forgot to mention that Alima has great cs if you need help selecting a shade get in contact w/ their mu artist tell what shade you currently use and they'll match you up.
updated- I havent really been using this because I sometimes look too oily. or chalky

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by hellopatty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

overall, this sucked. it didn't cover anything plus the warm colors are so blah looking. no depth at all. its like putting dirt on your face, and all it did was make my face looked shiny and oily. EM is better . W4/W3 is not good for my nc40 skin. i think the gold would look better, but either way not a good foundation. the shipping cost is ridiculous.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by apbunz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin ref: as NC35-40ish I wear Beige 4. I have dehydrated yet very oily skin, extra large pores. Minor SD causes a great deal of redness. My problem areas are the pores on my nose and the humidity of the climate. My notepad has more info.

Coverage: sheer (1 layer with a dome top kabuki) to full (if applied wet with a flat top kabuki). If you have problems with a powdery finish, a little spritz of fix+ or your choice of...spritzer will turn the finish into creamy goodness.

The foundation: Alima makes my skin look soft, smooth, and matte yet satin. It does a great job covering my redness and it does NOT emphasize the pores on my nose. There is minimal oxidization even after a full day of wear.

I don't experience any tightness, itchiness, any discomfort, or any breakouts with Alima!

The texture is a finely milled powder, not too creamy, not too powdery (flies around less than EDM and BE). Application is a total breeze.

The company: The customer service and shipping is outstanding and timely. There are other perks such as free samples, jar return, points, etc. They take pride in being natural, cruelty-free, and so on. The packaging is adorable too :P

Some other MMU e-tailers I've tried: Everyday Minerals, LaurEss, Barefaced Minerals, Lumiere, Meow Cosmetics, adorned with grace, and so on.

This is my HG MMU and I wear it when I'm not wearing MUFE F&B.

continue for before/after pics please!

continued >>

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by KayBella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My everyday foundation. It's great, it blends well, lasts a long time, looks really natural, doesn't dry my skin. I will definitely repurchase.

Plus (and I don't know if this happened to other people, but I am curious) when I tried BE MMU, it made me look really OLD! I mean, I am really old, but I don't want to look it. Somehow, BE settled into my lines and crevices, and made me look about 60 on a bad day. Alima does not do that, it just makes my skin look good. Healthy.

I am sticking with Alima.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by justglimpses

My current foundation, I like it because of its versatility. I usually use just a pinch for my whole face, for an evened skin tone look. If I have spots I want to cover, this will work just fine as a concealer. It does tend to rub off a little after long wear, but I also have oily skin so that doesn't help. One other con about this product is that it can be a bit toooo chalky-looking if you buffer too much. Other than that, it does not irritate my skin and I love the range of colors they have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to all the great reviews on MUA I tried this mineral foundation. Finally, I've found a MMU that I really like and doesn't look masky or fake on me! Cool 3 is a perfect match for summer and Cool 2 will be my winter shade. The coverage is great and it's matte with just enough satin to look natural. The color selection is extensive so finding my match was easy by trying a few samples. My skin is oily and this MMU does a pretty good job of oil control (no makeup can really make oily skin "normal" so I'm happy if it doesn't make me more oily!). Very happy with Alima after trying half a dozen other lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by luvnudao

I first used Everyday Mineral and then switched to Alima and I love it! It does give better coverage than EM and the colour wears better throughout the day too. I'm impressed with their shipping and their great customer service.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 6:52:00 AM More reviews by jujubeat

This is one of my favorite foundations because it is one of the few out there that matches my skin tone perfectly. I am Asian with a yellow undertone and most foundations are usually too orangey or too pink for me. I use a custom blend of W3.5 (50% W3 and 50% W4) with my MAC 182 brush. (For reference, I am in between MAC NC35 and NC40)

For me, the coverage is light to medium depending on how many layers I apply. It provides a matte finish without making me look chalky. The powder is very fine and has a velvety texture. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone but I've never had a problem with the foundation sliding off or sinking into pores.

The only downside to this foundation is that during the summer months, it doesn't control the shine on my T-zone as much as I would like it to. I've tried their primer and their finishing powder but neither seem to do much. I usually have to use a blotting paper periodically during the day. For me, it's worth it because the color match is excellent. I also have the foundation in G3 and G4 so that I can mix it with other foundations that I have which are too orangey/pink.

If you are looking to try Alima, be advised that their Warm shades are more yellow than other well known cosmetic brands. Their Golden range is very yellow. Also, on my computer screen, the colors on their website are lighter than the actual product. I would highly recommend purchasing samples or contacting their makeup artist. Their customer service is excellent.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by capellanadea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mix W4 with a little bit of W3 for my NC35-NC40 skin (for reference).

PROS:
I love how this foundation is sheer, doesn't feel heavy at all, it evens out my skin tone and any minor discoloration but still shows my freckles. It covers my pores well and looks completely natural. I have good skin with minor pimples occasionally and major dark circles so I still need a concealer, which is fine. I don't know if the coverage is buildable for those who wants more coverage.

I have a habit of putting my hands on my face and with Alima I can't hardly feel there's anything on my face. With liquid fndt, even with my close-to HG MUFE F&B (whose color is not working for me right now) I could feel that it's there on my face.

I finally found my perfect match after trying out samples and I don't have to put the foundation on my neck to get a very natural finish. No lines whatsoever. W4+W3 matches my neck perfectly so I don't look like I have a subtle mask on.

It wears well after long hours, don't gather oil in on my nose and I don't wear primer, I'm trying to keep light on complexion. I have combo skin with very oily T-zone, this foundation stays natural even after long hours. I noticed it became dewy before I take it off which is really nice because I love dewy finish, that's the reason I loved MUFE F&B but now it's not working for me in this hot weather. So that's a plus point for alima.

CONS:
Can't think of any right now. I will keep a look out for any break outs from this product and will update if I get them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by LBVero

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent mmu, I use the primer powder, the matte foundation and then the concealer. The finish is beautiful and the colors perfect. I mix W2 with golden. I love this foundation. I havent tried the blush, I use terracotta bronzer with a light hand and it looks natural and lovely.