MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 4/11/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I am an NC15 and I have no bother pulling this shadow off. You just need to use it with a light hand. This colour brings out my blue eyes wonderfully. The packaging is just your standard MAC packaging nothing fancy. The price isn't bad either.

on 4/10/2011 4:57:00 AM

I wanted to like this so badly. I was looking for something light and shimmery for my lid. I had such high hopes, but it's just way too pink for my skin tone and I just couldn't find a use for it. It just looked off on my NC15 skin. I swapped it out, because it's otherwise a good shadow, just really not for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This color is my favorite highlight shades from MAC, I'm between NC35 and NC40. I've been finished it twice all the way till there was none left, so yes this is a staple in my collection. It goes with anything I wear as my e/s. it's a light champagne color and I will never be without it. I highly reccommend it to everyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I'm on my 2nd pot of all that glitters, and will soon be onto the third. This and arena are my most used e/s. It never fails, and goes with any color blush/lipstick. The color has been described pretty accurately by other reviewers. A nice peachy- slightly pink golden champagne e/s. I'm nc40/42 and don't like how light and frosty most champagne e/s like naked lunch or stila kitten look. All that glitters is the most flattering champagne I've tried. It has a nice soft texture, and just opens up my eyes and makes them glow.

on 4/7/2011 7:26:00 PM

I absolutely adore All that Glitters! It is a great peachy copper that I think would look great any time of year on any eyecolor. I like to use it almost every day, with a matte dark brown from Clinique. Its a great shadow to use in a smoky eye, nuetral eye, or everyday look! Definately worth the money, great pigment especially when used with a primer.

on 4/6/2011 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is the only e/s that i'm about to hit pan, which is saying a lot. I really really love this color. When I want my eyes to look brighter, I use this all over my lid. When I want to wear a smokey/brown eye, I love using this in my inner tear duct. It's a beautiful color that warms up your eyes nicely. Will repurchase!

I'm NC 35-40, Nars Stromboli for reference.

This is my daily go to base color. Period. It's the best color for green eyes with it's goldish shimmer and always looks polished. I simply adore it and go back to it over and over again!

on 3/25/2011 8:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Another eyeshadow that everyone should own :). Looks great when used with Amber Lights or Satin Taupe. I even like using it with Woodwinked. So gorgeous

on 3/20/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite eyeshadow. I use it ALL the time. I use it all over the lid, sometimes with a darker crease color, but most times without. For some strange reason it makes my brown eyes really pop. I think it has something to do with the orange tint to it. or the fact I have brown eyes and a cool pinkish undertone(nw20). My first MAC eyeshadow turn out to be my HG eyeshadow, could not live without it!!! So if you have the same shading as I am - check it out!

on 3/17/2011 4:09:00 PM

It was my second MAC eyeshadow color I've tried. However, I will not buy it again. It's hard to tell why. I am satisfied with the quality and when I put it on, it looks bright and nice, maybe a little orangy, but strangely it suits me (allright, that is not the right expression... Just saying it does not look terribly orangy as others complain, just a hint of orange, which the shade has naturally itself I believe). The thing is I expected something else - I wanted the shade to be shearer, more of a champagne toned, so I could use it as a highlighter. Guess I just picked the wrong one, but it was interesting to try. Oh, and the shadow tend to dissapear by soaking into my skin after like 6 hours of work.