April 21, 2014 | 1508 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ratmist

This is the second liquid liner I've ever tried, the other being a very cheap Rimmel chocolate brown. I use the MAC 266 brush (small angled) and it works quite well. Only thing is, you must clean the brush immediately after you're done, because this stuff is very difficult to get off of your brushes once it dries. This is not a bad thing though - you should keep your brushes clean anyway! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Jenabill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is a soft black but I fear its still too harsh for my 47 year old face. I really have to tight line to wear it. The texture and smooth glide of MAC gel liners is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I am already a BIG fan of fluidline as it is my holy grail eyeliner. Blitz n Glitz is a soft black only because it has tiny gold flecks. I really like to wear this when I want my liner to show really well, but not overtake on the shadow. I'll only se Blacktrack for those crazy bright looks that I do.

Here's a pic where I used Blitz n Glitz.

continued >>

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love this. goes on smoothly as long as your brush is clean of course...and lasts all day. it doesn't show anything but black on me..but i love it cuz of the staying power. i'll try blacktrack next time..but that wont be for awhile since this takes forever to use up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by kittypuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Basically I bought this because my counter was out of Blacktrack, and it has served me well. It is my go-to black eyeliner, but as others have said, the gold sparkles are not very noticeable when it is on your lid, and seem to just soften the black, which is actually very nice. I have also used it as a base, which is awesome and then the sparkles do show up. It does sort of irritate if you use it on the waterline, however. Another problem I have is that the pot has gotten a bit dry (I have used almost all of it up, it's been about a year and a half of solid use now) which makes it apply less smoothly.

All in all, this was a very good purchase, but next time I will be purchasing Blacktrack, and I don't think the difference between the two is great enough to require owning both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

To think that I actually contemplated getting Blacktrack instead of this! Blitz & Glitz is black yes, but the gold glitter in it makes it much more wearable and flattering on me; NW15, dark brown hair, hazel eyes. I asked on the board for a fluidline that would look great with hazel eyes (brown, green, gold) and someone recommended this - thank you! On my lids B&G doesn't look black at all, it turns into this dark brown-black shade, with some visible gold glitter. Anyway, gorgeous color on me! I apply this with the 208 or 209 brush close to the lashline and also into the lashline (tightlining). I had heard the great raves about the staying power before trying this, but I was totally blown away when I put this on one evening and it didn't smear, smudge and soil at all. It got even more heavenly when I fell asleep with this the very same night and it still looked untouched the next morning..! I am now a convert (bye my Chanel Kohl) and looking to include several of these gems in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wearing this eyeliner is an instant pick-me-up for me. I save it for the occasional night when I want to give my eyes an extra kick. This is definitely not for the daytime. Very dramatic black gel liner with a hint of sparkle for good measure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by keahi

As much as I love Blacktrack, I think I love Blitz and Glitz so much more! It's just such a wearable black--I like how the golden shimmer softens the color without making it a gray. I can wear this liner with everyshade of eyeshadow I own. My only beef is that I can't use it on my waterline because of the shimmer particles, otherwise, it is perfect. I'm nearly at the end of my pot and just now getting around to reviewing it! Will definitely be making this a repeat purchase very soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DDD-AAB NW45 or HIP#818.....Black gel liner with teeny-tiny silver sparkles. Another wonderful, versatile Fluidline. Use lip brush to apply. Last well for me over a primer, paint, & pigment/shades. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by indysmom

Contrary to expectations this did not last like crazy for me. I like a subtle look so I use a sable watercolor brush to apply a fine line at the base of my lashes and sometimes a little near the upper lashes. It looks pretty natural but then it does smear out on me after a couple of hours. I have dry skin but I do use a concealer and foundation with it so that might be it. Despite the smearning, it does last better than pencil eyeliners in general.