MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

4.4

on 5/13/2007 11:38:00 PM

Of all my make-up products, this is definitely one of my favorites. All around it's just great. I use a Sephora Professional Angle Brush and the application is pretty quick and easy. I find this liner to be very versatile. Overall, it just looks good on, and isn't that the point of make-up?

I plan to repurchase, and will definitely experiment with other colors.

on 4/19/2007 1:04:00 AM

I'm going to stick with this product for a long time until i find a better, but the chance is very unlikely. I have typical asian eyes with weird eye lid folds. Every single kind of eyeliner smudges in 5 min. And i dont like the dramatic look of liquid eyelineres. This product saved my life! It doesnt smudge at all throughout the day. It's not waterproof, but when it rains hard, the eyeliner just get washed down but i dont get raccoon eyes! This color is nice as well because it has tiny sparkles. I'm going to try the grey and brown one next time.

on 4/15/2007 4:25:00 PM

LOVE THIS!!! I just bought this and the Mac brush 266...sooo happy. When It comes to eyeliner, i'm not very good at applying. (i don't have a steady hand, especially at a liquid liner. But this I can do. I love how it stays on forever and gives nice straighter lines than pencil liner. You don't have to have a sharpener (which rocks) as of yet...this is my HG

on 4/14/2007 12:18:00 PM

This is the second liquid liner I've ever tried, the other being a very cheap Rimmel chocolate brown. I use the MAC 266 brush (small angled) and it works quite well. Only thing is, you must clean the brush immediately after you're done, because this stuff is very difficult to get off of your brushes once it dries. This is not a bad thing though - you should keep your brushes clean anyway! continued >>

on 4/8/2007 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It is a soft black but I fear its still too harsh for my 47 year old face. I really have to tight line to wear it. The texture and smooth glide of MAC gel liners is amazing.

on 4/7/2007 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am already a BIG fan of fluidline as it is my holy grail eyeliner. Blitz n Glitz is a soft black only because it has tiny gold flecks. I really like to wear this when I want my liner to show really well, but not overtake on the shadow. I'll only se Blacktrack for those crazy bright looks that I do.

Here's a pic where I used Blitz n Glitz.

continued >>

on 4/7/2007 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

love this. goes on smoothly as long as your brush is clean of course...and lasts all day. it doesn't show anything but black on me..but i love it cuz of the staying power. i'll try blacktrack next time..but that wont be for awhile since this takes forever to use up.

on 4/3/2007 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Basically I bought this because my counter was out of Blacktrack, and it has served me well. It is my go-to black eyeliner, but as others have said, the gold sparkles are not very noticeable when it is on your lid, and seem to just soften the black, which is actually very nice. I have also used it as a base, which is awesome and then the sparkles do show up. It does sort of irritate if you use it on the waterline, however. Another problem I have is that the pot has gotten a bit dry (I have used almost all of it up, it's been about a year and a half of solid use now) which makes it apply less smoothly.

All in all, this was a very good purchase, but next time I will be purchasing Blacktrack, and I don't think the difference between the two is great enough to require owning both.

on 3/19/2007 6:41:00 PM

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

To think that I actually contemplated getting Blacktrack instead of this! Blitz & Glitz is black yes, but the gold glitter in it makes it much more wearable and flattering on me; NW15, dark brown hair, hazel eyes. I asked on the board for a fluidline that would look great with hazel eyes (brown, green, gold) and someone recommended this - thank you! On my lids B&G doesn't look black at all, it turns into this dark brown-black shade, with some visible gold glitter. Anyway, gorgeous color on me! I apply this with the 208 or 209 brush close to the lashline and also into the lashline (tightlining). I had heard the great raves about the staying power before trying this, but I was totally blown away when I put this on one evening and it didn't smear, smudge and soil at all. It got even more heavenly when I fell asleep with this the very same night and it still looked untouched the next morning..! I am now a convert (bye my Chanel Kohl) and looking to include several of these gems in my collection.

on 3/11/2007 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Wearing this eyeliner is an instant pick-me-up for me. I save it for the occasional night when I want to give my eyes an extra kick. This is definitely not for the daytime. Very dramatic black gel liner with a hint of sparkle for good measure.

Top Rated MAC Products