April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 12:55:00 AM More reviews by kyasha

I can really smell the nutmeg in this product. It's a very grainy scrub with irregular grapefruit seeds and other natural exfoliants in it. I'd rather use synthetic material, because it's less abrasive on the skin. However, I still use this scrub for my lips. Make sure you wash well; the seeds can stick to your skin and hair even under high water pressure.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2005 3:19:00 AM More reviews by molly_golightly

I got this in a Burt's Bees starter kit. It came in a cute little glass pot, nice to keep once I've finished using up the scrub. But not very practical for keeping in the bathroom.

Didn't like the scrub very much though. It's smell reminds of these Chinese lollies that I hated when I was little. Like preserved fruit but a bit musty. And I didn't like the consistency either, thick and pasty and not easy to spread onto my face once you've dug a dollop out of the pot.

As a scrub it is okay, it makes my face smoother and cleaner but it is just too gritty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Save your money, I like Burt's Bees products but this isn't worth using. The consistency is awful, and the results aren't anything special. In fact I'd do better using a baby's washcloth for exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cubanaqt

I really like this scrub...I use it my knees and elbows. Makes them extremely smooth and I have noticed they have stayed that way longer since I began using it. I don't like using it on my face as much though because it seems to cause minor breakouts. As to its roughness, I don't think it is at all. The texture kind of reminds me of brown sugar mixed with butter. It falls apart when you rub it in your hands so I learned to put a small amount in my palm, add water, and rub lightly in my hands before applying. The price is fairly decent, not too expensive, but not extremely cheap either like St. Ives - about $8-9 US for 2 fl. oz. However it does last long if you use sparingly. I will continue to repurchase until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 4:11:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I do love this... for some reason it makes my skin feel SOOOO soft afterwards (way better than St.Ives too) but it is a bit rough... i think the trick is to just massage it in very lightly and be careful not to overscrub (it's tempting!) The smell is great too. I wish it costed a bit less, however...but it does last quite a long time since u only use a bit each time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I too have been rediscovery the sheer excellence of this product. I've had my jar knocking around for god knows how many years, but out of desperation (run out of cleanser) I used it , and golly my skin looked fabulous and felt velvety soft. I was shocked because I had meant to throw it out but never got round to it. Because I have oily,acne prone skin I either follow this with a foaming cleanser or Apple Cider vinegar to remove the slight residue, those of you with normal/dry skin probably only need moisturise afterwards. I really am surprise because I had tagged this a rubbsih product , but somehow this odd orange peel nonsense really works and can hold it's own and better most of the high end scrubs & exfoliators I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kaseyb

Wet this thick scrub with a few drops of water, spread onto your moistened face in the shower, let it work its magic while you shampoo and shave then wash off gently and your skin will be so smooth and soft. So smooth and soft and radiant - I have never felt my skin so soft after using any product or srub...this is a wonderful product and the smell is delicious - like a warm spicy gingerbread. Almost edible! Follow with the carrot moisture cream and glow away...and naturally too!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by parkbench28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I still have no idea what this was supposed to do for me. Weird consistency, but a nice smell (2 lippies for that), no real affect on my skin at all. The grains really tear at one's skin, and the packaging is awful.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2005 9:43:00 AM More reviews by scyoc

I love this scrub! I have combination acne prone skin and this stuff makes my face so smooth and it's so gentle. After using it for the 3rd time my sister asked me what I was doing with my skin since it was just glowing. It leaves a bit of an residue after use but I have found no problems with that. Way better than St. Ives apricot scrub...I found that too harsh and it aggravated my skin.
Would definitely buy again!
UPDATE: Actually started to aggravate my skin and cause breakouts. So now I use Derma e Microdermabrasion once a week and I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2005 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kiss4u

Why does this make your face greasy after you use it? yuck!
I read the ingredients, and although its all natural, the oil products that they use definately can cause skin to break out. The after-grease feeling you get is either veg or almond oil, which is sick, because you're just asking for zits.