Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 4/24/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I give a 4 not because I like this product.

First, I don't like the price, seriously I don't know how long this thing will last. But $60USD? I don't think I can afford one every other month.
Second, I don't like any kind of the fume, my throat hurts a little bit after the spraying it. I am very sensitive to fume that I hold my breath even when I use a liquid whiteout.
Third, it has sparkles in it. I have a flat face, sparkles tends to accentuate it. "Flat Face HERE!" Big no no for me!
Forth, I usually do my MU in 5 minutes, but this thing it covers everything include my eye lashes/brows, lips, I need to do a full MU which costs me more time!
However, despite the fact that's not very earth friendly, i have to admit that I really like this technology. Instead of purchasing the airbrush system with the $55/ea MU refill, you can just buy this, which give the same gorgeous result!!! It's quick and efficient, you don't have to take the whole machinery with you and it only takes a few seconds! No more washing brushes as well. The coverage is just red carpet beautiful! It's fresh, light and it stays! That's always the signature of Dior.
The orange issue didn't happen to me. I think it's depended on skin type and lighting. My face appears more orange under some light even without MU. However that dollar tag really turned me off. : ( continued >>

on 4/23/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I went to the Dior counter at Macys and the lady put this on me.. I thought it looked wonderful..it matched my skin perfectly. When i left, got in my car and looked in the mirror i was horrified!! I looked to orange.

on 4/19/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation.
When i first apply it, it looks BEAUTIFUL. It looks so flawless, and it glides right over pores, making them look completely invisible. It also has buildable coverage, so you can focus on spots that are darker/redder.
But.... throughout the day, with the oil i produce, the foundation begins to bunch, and becomes SUPER uneven, and it also turns orange.
Another con with this foundation is the color range! Terrible Terrible Color range! i got lucky that 200(lightest shade) matched me really well (MAC NW25), but wouldnt match my mom(NW15 at MAC).
The nozzle also becomes clogged VERY easily. Which becomes very annoying, and you have to clean it daily. Another thing i dislike is the PRICE. ($55CAD) You get about 30 applications for such a steap price!
And now for my MAIN problem with this foundation... THE INGREDIENTS!!! I went through 4 cans of this stuff before i even bothered to look at the ingredients..
The very first ingredient is BUTANE-lighter fluid!!!!! And the fourth ingredient is Propane!!!! And it also has oil in the foundation. I could not believe this, it grossed me out entirely and i did not repurchase this foundation after that!
Although i don't think it ever made me breakout with cystic acne, it made my dermis(layer of skin under epidermis-outerlayer of skin) very uneven, and full of whiteheads.

If you have dry skin, i think this would work better for you. Because of the oil it does not work for oily skin, but my friend who had very dry skin, tried mine, and it worked much better for her skin than for mine.

on 4/1/2010 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation. The spray gives a much more even application, looking more seamless and natural. It would be nice to see more shades offered. Right now there is only a handful of color shades to choose from. I only wish that the can would last longer. If you use this every day, you would need to replace it within 5 weeks. Since it costs $60.00, it is expensive, more so then many other brands.

on 3/28/2010 11:02:00 PM

I love it for it's quick, easy application, when going out to the gym or yoga. I also use it as a finisher after I've done my makeup and it just seems to give my face a nice finish. I like it. I don't like the price tag, but I really like the product. The kabuki brush way wastes product, the rep. said. I also like that my hands/fingers stay clean.

Definitely will re-purchase! Darn, it's expensive - let's see how long it lasts!

on 3/11/2010 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Like so many others the lightest shade was too orange and dark. I found the coverage patchy and made my skin look really wierd.

on 3/2/2010 11:33:00 PM

I hated this! For $60 I said I better absolutely love it, I didn't! Broke me out horribly, it has PROPANE in it! The color selection is oily. My chin is still recovering and its be about 2 weeks, never had a break out this long! Thankfully its going away! Product will last less then a month and for the price, its crazy!

EDIT:
It gave me the worst break out!! Im not kidding I had a break under my bottom lips by chin and it lasted like a month and a half! Crazy!! Dont buy!

on 2/27/2010 10:30:00 PM

This Foundation is excellent because it doesnt clog pores, looks fresh and when i wear it i always get compliments. Unfortunately i only save it for special occasions as it finishes too fast. Oh and i apply it with a round kabuki brush by spraying the brush and then applying it to my moisturized face:)

on 2/26/2010 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Im always trying new things and this was a bust for me. It sprayed everywhere with little control and what landed on my skin was very concentrated and blotcy. The price was insane and in my opinion a complete rip off. Save your money on this one girls.

on 2/22/2010 1:29:00 AM

First of all, they only had 5 color choice. I had to buy two different colors to match my s kin tone. I was too afraid to spread on my face directly so I've used stippling brush, Hated the result. It was too matt and it accentuated every single pore I had and it stuck to the flakey part of my skin. For $120 I've spent it was a total waste. Now they are just sitting in my drawer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials