MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 5/25/2006 3:40:00 AM

Vex is a great eyeshadow color if you usually wear green or brown eyeshadows. Blend Vex all over eyelid then use a dark green shadow along the creases. Great for earthy tones.

on 5/19/2006 12:31:00 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Vex!! I use it wet all over the lid and it just blends everything so beautifully. Makes for a very polished look. If you have Vex and don't like it, try it wet that really makes it come alive.

on 5/13/2006 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I really love this color! I wore it with deep truth in the crease today and was impressed with how awake i looked. The texture is impressive, and it lasts for a long time also. It flashes different colors depending on what lighting you're in. I noticed a blue and green today, but I'm sure if I paired it with something else it would change colors, which is what makes this shadow so unique...I am a c40-nc44, armani lsf8, dark brown eyes

on 5/3/2006 1:13:00 PM

Vex is a soft pale green/pink duochrome. You can't see the green or pink unless you're about three inches from the e/s. This looks grey and drab. I don't like it and won't repurchase.

on 4/10/2006 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have only tried a few MAC eyeshadows and I have to say that this is NOT my favorite. The color looks really cool in the pan and then you put it on and EWWW, it is a frosted green. Not cute at all. Would NOT repurchase.

on 4/3/2006 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For reference: NC30/LM beige ivory, hazel-green eyes, dk brown hair.Vex is a tricky color! It appears to be a sage green with iridescent pink tones in the pan, but on the lid, it kind of looks like a skin-toned pink?? Hard to describe! Shimmery, and it changes color with different angles in the light. I was afraid to buy this, because one of the reviewers here made me laugh when she commented how this was a corpse-like color, and that all morticians must have Vex in their corpse make-up kit!! LOL! So the first time I used it, I was self-conscious that I was looking like a zombie all day, and people were going to wonder if I was sickly or something! BUT- not so... at least not for me. Vex does not make me look dead or corpse-like. The first time I used it, I used Trax in the crease, but I wasn't really crazy about that pairing on me. Today I paired Vex w/Botanical, and I think I hit a homerun! These two go very nice together! Vex is pretty unique, so yes, I would repurchase if necessary... EDIT 7/5/06: Vex also goes nicely with MAC Girlie or Haux in the crease! Just thought I'd throw that in there becuz some gals mentioned having a difficult time pairing Vex up with other colors. continued >>

on 3/31/2006 2:12:00 PM

This is a great colour..it really brightens up the eye. In the pot it looks to be a grey-ish colour, but on the lids (depending on the colour you wear it with) it appears pink or green. I used this on my mom once too and it looked great on her as well:) I would definitely recommend purchasing Vex..it would look great on practically everyone!

on 3/22/2006 12:17:00 AM

I love Vex. I'm NC45, and it comes out looking pale pinkish purple on me. I can pair it with so many shades. It looks great with Motif for a pink look. I also use it as an all over shade to build up a purple look. I haven't tried it with greens, but it is extremely versatile. Well worth the buy.

on 2/21/2006 7:29:00 PM

This is a complex and unique shadow. MAC's website describes it as a soft pale green duochrome with pink opalescent shimmer. Now that is a description that would have sent me running for the hills a year or two ago. It took me a while to try it at the counter, but once I did I was sold. I thought it would be garish on me, but its very subtle and pretty and makes my almost non-existant eyelids (I have hooded lids) brighten up and appear to exist. It also picks up other colors so beautifully that you can use it with a variety of shades. I have it on my lids today with Botanical (which I'd considered taking back) in the crease and it makes for a really pretty and natural look; in fact, it looks particularly nice with Botanical if you bought that one and weren't sure what to pair with it. I'm amazed at how much I like Vex. A total surprise for me. I'm tempted to wear it everyday. I'm very fair with green eyes and brown hair for reference.

on 2/3/2006 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow ever!! One quick swipe on the lids for instant movie star! This shadow is complex: duochrome greyish champagney with strong pink reflections. It's hard to describe but you should at least try it at the counter. Looks fantastic and understated with Grey Utility. I'm GGG/LLL with yellowish pink skin (I know, I'm weird :) ) and blue eyes.

Top Rated MAC Products