November 24, 2014 | 1430 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by road

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Vex is a soft pale green/pink duochrome. You can't see the green or pink unless you're about three inches from the e/s. This looks grey and drab. I don't like it and won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2006 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jayden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only tried a few MAC eyeshadows and I have to say that this is NOT my favorite. The color looks really cool in the pan and then you put it on and EWWW, it is a frosted green. Not cute at all. Would NOT repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For reference: NC30/LM beige ivory, hazel-green eyes, dk brown hair.Vex is a tricky color! It appears to be a sage green with iridescent pink tones in the pan, but on the lid, it kind of looks like a skin-toned pink?? Hard to describe! Shimmery, and it changes color with different angles in the light. I was afraid to buy this, because one of the reviewers here made me laugh when she commented how this was a corpse-like color, and that all morticians must have Vex in their corpse make-up kit!! LOL! So the first time I used it, I was self-conscious that I was looking like a zombie all day, and people were going to wonder if I was sickly or something! BUT- not so... at least not for me. Vex does not make me look dead or corpse-like. The first time I used it, I used Trax in the crease, but I wasn't really crazy about that pairing on me. Today I paired Vex w/Botanical, and I think I hit a homerun! These two go very nice together! Vex is pretty unique, so yes, I would repurchase if necessary... EDIT 7/5/06: Vex also goes nicely with MAC Girlie or Haux in the crease! Just thought I'd throw that in there becuz some gals mentioned having a difficult time pairing Vex up with other colors. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

This is a great colour..it really brightens up the eye. In the pot it looks to be a grey-ish colour, but on the lids (depending on the colour you wear it with) it appears pink or green. I used this on my mom once too and it looked great on her as well:) I would definitely recommend purchasing Vex..it would look great on practically everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by MACAddiction

I love Vex. I'm NC45, and it comes out looking pale pinkish purple on me. I can pair it with so many shades. It looks great with Motif for a pink look. I also use it as an all over shade to build up a purple look. I haven't tried it with greens, but it is extremely versatile. Well worth the buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a complex and unique shadow. MAC's website describes it as a soft pale green duochrome with pink opalescent shimmer. Now that is a description that would have sent me running for the hills a year or two ago. It took me a while to try it at the counter, but once I did I was sold. I thought it would be garish on me, but its very subtle and pretty and makes my almost non-existant eyelids (I have hooded lids) brighten up and appear to exist. It also picks up other colors so beautifully that you can use it with a variety of shades. I have it on my lids today with Botanical (which I'd considered taking back) in the crease and it makes for a really pretty and natural look; in fact, it looks particularly nice with Botanical if you bought that one and weren't sure what to pair with it. I'm amazed at how much I like Vex. A total surprise for me. I'm tempted to wear it everyday. I'm very fair with green eyes and brown hair for reference.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by verityhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best eyeshadow ever!! One quick swipe on the lids for instant movie star! This shadow is complex: duochrome greyish champagney with strong pink reflections. It's hard to describe but you should at least try it at the counter. Looks fantastic and understated with Grey Utility. I'm GGG/LLL with yellowish pink skin (I know, I'm weird :) ) and blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by ilina

I love this color! A MAC artist recommended it for me to pair with Shale. I was told it would look great on my dark brown eyes (fair to med skin tone with yellow undertones, dark brown hair). When I saw the color I wondered how it could be possible, it looked boring, and the artist knew I do not like boring. HOWEVER, when I tried it on I was SO happy! It is a beautiful shimmery taupe on me. A bit on the silver in it. It makes for an excellent smoky eye when I put it over entire lid, then put Shale in crease and outer corner. I lined with Prunella liner, and black gel liner over top lid. Couldn't ask for a better night-on-the-town look!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 12:09:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

oooohhh. I love this. It brightens up my eye and is a simple lid shadow that I just can put on and go it does not need "sidekick" shadow support ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

"Vex" is one of those interesting neutrals (everyday kinda shade with a twist) that I love collecting. On me, it is a dirty light taupe with a slight olive-grey cast (that makes the creamy beige base color look 'dirty) and the super-faintest hint of pink. It brightens up my lid area very much and is different enough from my collection of taupes, nudes, creams, beiges, etc. that it warrants a place in my 15-pan. I think the texture is pretty good--soft and velvety and easily blended. I have not tried this wet yet. The price for a pan is kinda expensive, but perhaps worth it for a unique color.