MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Vex is like the inside of a sea shell, a mermaid would use this pinkly / aqua iridescent shade. Very versatile, either on its own or combined. Quite subtle but there, if you know what I mean. I love it with MAC Tealo Powerpoint Eye Pencil. Not an attractive colour to look at in the pot though(it does remind a bit of a Corpse Bride shade), I only picked mine after a mini-makeover at MAC and am very thankful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Vex is definitely a weird shade - I read through the reviews, and it seems like everyone describes it differently. On me, Vex shows up as a light greenish grey with pink shimmer. I'm neutral to warm toned, and Vex is almost too cool for me. I like it best paired with Greensmoke or Paradisco, but other than that, I haven't come up with many combos. I don't wear it often since it's not my favorite color, but I would still repurchase if I ever run out. It's just something nice to have in my stash, and who knows... I may find a new way to use it!

Vex is a great eyeshadow color if you usually wear green or brown eyeshadows. Blend Vex all over eyelid then use a dark green shadow along the creases. Great for earthy tones.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Vex!! I use it wet all over the lid and it just blends everything so beautifully. Makes for a very polished look. If you have Vex and don't like it, try it wet that really makes it come alive.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I really love this color! I wore it with deep truth in the crease today and was impressed with how awake i looked. The texture is impressive, and it lasts for a long time also. It flashes different colors depending on what lighting you're in. I noticed a blue and green today, but I'm sure if I paired it with something else it would change colors, which is what makes this shadow so unique...I am a c40-nc44, armani lsf8, dark brown eyes

Vex is a soft pale green/pink duochrome. You can't see the green or pink unless you're about three inches from the e/s. This looks grey and drab. I don't like it and won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have only tried a few MAC eyeshadows and I have to say that this is NOT my favorite. The color looks really cool in the pan and then you put it on and EWWW, it is a frosted green. Not cute at all. Would NOT repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For reference: NC30/LM beige ivory, hazel-green eyes, dk brown hair.Vex is a tricky color! It appears to be a sage green with iridescent pink tones in the pan, but on the lid, it kind of looks like a skin-toned pink?? Hard to describe! Shimmery, and it changes color with different angles in the light. I was afraid to buy this, because one of the reviewers here made me laugh when she commented how this was a corpse-like color, and that all morticians must have Vex in their corpse make-up kit!! LOL! So the first time I used it, I was self-conscious that I was looking like a zombie all day, and people were going to wonder if I was sickly or something! BUT- not so... at least not for me. Vex does not make me look dead or corpse-like. The first time I used it, I used Trax in the crease, but I wasn't really crazy about that pairing on me. Today I paired Vex w/Botanical, and I think I hit a homerun! These two go very nice together! Vex is pretty unique, so yes, I would repurchase if necessary... EDIT 7/5/06: Vex also goes nicely with MAC Girlie or Haux in the crease! Just thought I'd throw that in there becuz some gals mentioned having a difficult time pairing Vex up with other colors. continued >>

This is a great colour..it really brightens up the eye. In the pot it looks to be a grey-ish colour, but on the lids (depending on the colour you wear it with) it appears pink or green. I used this on my mom once too and it looked great on her as well:) I would definitely recommend purchasing Vex..it would look great on practically everyone!

I love Vex. I'm NC45, and it comes out looking pale pinkish purple on me. I can pair it with so many shades. It looks great with Motif for a pink look. I also use it as an all over shade to build up a purple look. I haven't tried it with greens, but it is extremely versatile. Well worth the buy.

Top Rated MAC Products