October 22, 2014 | 1410 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AmeliaRad

I brought this powder upon hearing glorious reviews about it. This product to me is just ok. It mattes out my face upon application but doesn't last very long at all. Especially through sweat and oil, it lasted no longer then around 2-3 hours which was disappointing as I need powder throughout the whole day at school. Good for re applying but not for long time wearing

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing. Even though I have quite normal skin, I get the tiniest bit shiny in the T-zone, and this covers it up perfectly. The formula is really silky and feels light on the skin. The only downside is the packaging, the lid flys off randomly when I travel because it isn't quite secure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nurbina24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this pressed powder for years. I use it with a nice flat top brush and it stays nice and matte. Last about 4-5hrs before you need touch up. The packaging is not too horrible as others tend to portray it, as I said I have used this powder for like 6-7 yrs and the lid has never cracked and the lids do close fine, never had an accident with it. I love that the finis is not cakey and to be fair to me it's as good of a quality as the MAC mineralized skin finish, so you definitely can get a bargain for your money. I love this pressed powder a lot and will continue to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe it's because my skin isn't oily (except around my nose) but this powder didn't make much of a difference on my face. When I do put it around my nose it stays on for maybe 3 hours which is decent for a powder this inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kaykaykasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would say that I really like this product. Although the problem for me is their shade selection. Although I have pretty tanned skin, their darkest powder called "Warm Beige" is still way too light for me. It's not that noticeable but I can tell that I look a little lighter than usual. Overall it does keep me matte for about 4 hours and doesn't make me feel cakey or that I'm wearing any makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on an Ulta binge for use in my travel kit, and it has become a staple for me. I have dry to combo skin and an insanely shiny nose (not oily, just shiny), and I prefer a solid matte finish. I am NW15, and I bought this in Transparent, which works very well for my skin. The powder itself works amazingly well. I am in Texas and our summers here are ridiculously hot & humid. This is one of the only powders I have used that truly gives a lasting matte finish. I apply lightly with a brush, and it gives a nice matte finish without being too cakey (although I do think you could easily go overboard with this). It lasts me about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up, which is pretty good for me. It does have a light, floral fragrance, but I can only smell it in the package and not on my face, and it certainly is not enough to bother me. Packaging is where this product is lacking. The clear plastic lid sort of screws on (but not really well - it kind of just sits on there), and it doesn't attach securely. It is also flimsy, so that's something that could use improvement. I can see it breaking easily, and this definitely isn't something you'd want to carry in a purse or makeup bag without at least a rubber band securing the lid on. However, this product is ridiculously cheap and works very well, and I keep mine stored flat in a drawer, so I'm giving it 5 stars. I have already hit pan & repurchased at least twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by smcrowe155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the finish this product gives me I just make sure to not put so much around my nose because it tends to look cakey. The packaging however is total crap! I've had three different ones because I have dropped them and completely broke it and it will not stay closed if put in to a make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this powder so so much. It completely wipes out any shine on my face, and I do get oily around my T zone. It stays without a primer or setting spray and is just enough coverage for me by itself. It is so amazing and I am in love this with powder.

Other than the product itself, I'm not too fond of the packaging as it feels as if it's going to slip off ANY SECOND, and not only that, I'm not much of a powder person anyways.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like this powder, I don't get the hype... It didn't cover shine, didn't keep me matte, and easily looked powdery and cakey. It's cheap and it didn't break me out though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is one of my favorite cheap powders. At first when I used it, it turned out cakey on my nose and cheeks. But, by chance, I was watching a YouTube and one of the girls said she had the same problem and combatted it by applying it with a slightly, slightly damp makeup sponge. I took her advice and tried it again and it gave me a flawless finish. I would not suggest it for humid climates, but it worked very well in my Arizona heat.