September 1, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like Burt's Bees lip balm because it smells delicious and fits in my pocket. It is a bit thicker than other balms, but goes on smoothly. I think for a lip balm, the price is a little hefty, but you can get a better deal when you buy in bulk (sets of four, etc.) with Burt's Bees. Although it is thicker than other balms, I do not find it to be super moisturizing. I think shea butter does a better job and goes on more smoothly. In terms of convenience, Burt's Bees lip balm is on par with other drugstore chapsticks, but smells a whole lot better and is more natural. Although I do not think this is a spectacular or life-changing product, I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Morgan89

My husband and I love this stuff. I love the tingly feeling the mint leaves behind and Im not a huge fan of the packaging but if they are marketing to men and women I get it. The only problem I have is if my lips are already dry when I put this on sometimes it makes the skin extremely more visible. But with a little exfoliation I will wear it and def purchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I have used this for over a decade years. Have never found anything better. Have a tube in every hand bag and panick if I am without it during shopping expeditions.
I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Trax77

I have tried multiple lip balms but this works the best for me, period. I find that it works the best when I have exfoliated my lips (by scrubbing them with a wet toothbrush) and put it on RIGHT before bed so that none of it transfers anywhere else. It is also a great base for lipstick or any other lip product that can have a drying effect on the lips. I have no complaints lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Katklare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I could barely apply it, and didn't notice a difference in my dried lips. I will never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my HG lip balm. I hate mint but I can see past that. Its super waxy but I find that it makes it stay on the lips longer and acts as a barrier against dry weather.
I but it on before bed and its still there in the morning. Will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mimi1128

I really like the product and i feel like it glides on smoothly and leaves a minty result. I LOVE MINT!!! i find that it not nly hydrates for day but when i put it on and leave it on for night it keeps my lips moist until morning. I really like the product. the packaging i like for it is yellow and i don't usually like yellow on things but on this i do because it brings me jot to put this on and yellow in my opinion is a happy color

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by brimariemac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this lip balm. I've had it for a few years, and it still works the same as it did when I first got it. It really helps my lips, even when they are extremely chapped and dry. It doesn't smell bad, either! For about 3 dollars, you are getting a really good chap stick that is going to last you for a while. The fact that it is all natural is a really big plus, too, so you know that there is nothing that will harm your lips or make the dryness worse. I recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can't help but feel I'm many years late to the Burt's Bees party, but thought I'd voice my opinion anyway!
I was looking for a natural stick of moisturising lip balm to use on the go - Lush's are pretty good but are only available in tub format. I spotted this in Boots and hoped it would quench my dry weather-beaten lips.
I have mixed feelings about this product - I was expecting the scent to resemble honey (yum!) but turned out to be very strong peppermint (yuck!) - I really dislike the stuff, especially so strong. After application my lips began tingling unpleasantly - having sensitive skin any 'tingly' products tend to hurt and irritate rather than have a pleasant sensation. Fortunately the tingling wears off after 5-10 minutes and it does do a good job of making my lips softer.
Anyone who likes peppermint or minty flavours will love this, but it's not for me - I'll use up the rest of it and find something better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Miikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to post on something so well-known at this point. Just looking to breeze through these first 20 so I can upload my own reviews!

In any event, Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm is my absolute must-have, essential, "can't leave home without it product". Every man should have this small wonder in his pocket at any given time throughout the day. There is no excuse for dry lips when all you have to do is buy this at the counter the next time you're in Walgreens. It's just that simple! This is my favorite chapstick b/c it doesn't leave you all shiny like you just put on your girlfriend's MAC Lipglass. Eww! You barely even feel it on your lips to be honest, but ohh what relief it brings to those little guys. :D

Tips:

Keep an extra one of these pups beside your bed so you can lather those lips before you get some shut-eye. You'll thank yourself in the morning.

If you are man enough to care about the shape of your eyebrows, a dab or two of this stuff on your middle finger & a slight brush-stroke upwards really acts as a low-key brow-set. Weird right? Yeah, I know I am!

Miikky