August 30, 2014 | 1570 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

An excellent concealer, I use under eyes and in some places where there is light scarring from acne while its healing. Looks oh-so-natural, and a perfect match for my warm almond complexion. Kudos to Bobbi for having such a rich line of colors. The only others I have preferred who offer such great variety in shades are Makeup Forever and MAC, which I got sick of quickly after college. Also, love the packaging and the concealer kit that comes with finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:27:00 AM More reviews by sophie5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT
such a good range of skin colours and love the packaging

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by tdot_princess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

CRAP, THIS WHOLE LINE IS HYPED UP WAY TOO MUCH, THIS PRODUCT LIKE MOST BOBBI PRODUCTS FOR ME HAS LET ME DOWN.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

When I was on the hunt for a good undereye concealer a couple months ago, a few friends pointed me toward BB. They recommended I pair one of her correctors with the creamy concealer, and suggested I get colour matched at a counter. I did, and I have to say I really love both products, especially paired together. Used in conjunction, they conceal absolutely all traces of undereye circles.The concealer is creamy and doesn't settle, even on my dry skin. I love that it comes with a matching translucent setting powder. That's one less thing to worry about. I just wish that the products weren't so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

One of the better concealers I've tried. This covers my undereye cirlces well, isn't cakey and matches my complexion perfectly. I wish it was slightly less thick, but applied sheerly it does the job. Another BB favorite of mine!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sadly my under eye circles have been getting worse, so I did some research on good concealers and went to Bobbi Brown as they seemed to have a lot of highly rated concealing products. I have dry, fair skin and I absolutely HATE when my concealer looks yellowy, cakey or in any way unnatural.

When I went to the BB counter at Nordstroms, the woman told me about this concealer and the corrector. She applied corrector/concealer to one eye and just concealer to the other eye. On me they looked so similar that it wasn't worth it to spend the extra money on the corrector....but if you're going to try this product I would suggest asking the MA to do one eye with corrector and one eye without so you can see the difference (it might save you some money).

Anyway, this concealer matches my skin tone perfectly and looks completely natural. My boyfriend (who hates when I wear lots of make up) commented that he could see a big, positive difference in my appearance. The concealer itself is creamy in texture and best applied with a concealer brush (don't put finger in the container as the oils might ruin it) and then patted/smoothed out with your finger. The MA said that the heat from your finger helps spread and set it. The coverage is buildable, but for people with severe under eye circles, this might not cover everything. Maybe the corrector/concealer combo might work better.

The packaging is cute; the mirror is convenient for touch ups. The fact that it is a flip top is nice too, since you never have to worry about losing the lip.

Hopefully this product continues to work for me, and I will continue repurchase unless I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this expensive concealer 2 weeks ago for my under-eye and am so upset. It is so horribly cakey and accentuated every fine lines I have. The only good thing is that the Honey colour the promoter picked out for me was a perfect choice with my olive tone, looks really natural (but please note that it doesn't completely cover dark cricles, just simply improve them). But for all the natural look it provides, it simply isn't worth it for making me look like a much older lady. I look better without it. I have never tried a concealer that cakes as much as this. Even the cheaper ones I have tried is so much better.

By the way, I have tried using it with 3 different type of moisturiser and it is still cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by thefineprint3

My goal for this concealer was to apply to blemishes and dark spots. The color match was right on, and much less noticeable than all MAC concealers I've tried. Must apply to very moisturized skin - probably isn't a great product for very very dry skinned folks. Dries flakey and accencuates patches if applied to dark skin. Looks amazing if you top it off with sheer finish loose powder. Nice and creamy texture that leaves a matte, but not caked on look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm very impressed with this. It covers up my blemishes and scars perfectly, the colour-match is good enough for me (Honey), and I can use it on my dark undereye circles. It's a bit too much when used on circles with the Corrector though, I think, as it creases too much. But on days when I've had a good sleep, I can just use this and it looks great. The formulation is a bit thick, but then of course that's why it conceals and lasts so well. EDIT: This is absolutely my HG concealer, and if I had to choose only one item of makeup to take to a desert island, this would be it!

EDIT: I now use Warm Natural for my undereye area, and Honey for my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 4:44:00 AM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On my second batch. Effective moderate-high coverage that melts into my skin and stays put with a light dusting of the included superfine translucent finishing powder. Poor portability and an unsturdy hinge connecting the two compartments are the only downsides. Product itself is outstanding and a great re-formulation to when I first tried it 5 years ago.

EDIT - March 2010: Removing a lippie due to poor packaging. The top of every single kit I've ever owned comes unhinged after a few months of use.