October 26, 2014 | 920 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by BarneysBrunette

This was average, at best. I'm sure I would have like it better if I could have found a shade that suited me. I did not like using a stick for my foundation, though- I just felt like it was a petri dish for bacteria.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not personally buy this myself, but my friend did, and I have tried it a few times. It's not absolutely horrible, but it's not great either. I have found it to be fairly challenging to apply evenly. I also find it too orange-y. My friend absolutely loves it, but honestly, it doesn't look so great on her because it doesn't blend nicely. I also think that the consistency of it actually brings attention to any bumps or imperfections on the face.

EDIT: I found out the major reason why it was so bad for me, and made my skin blotchy and whatnot. I read in the Benefi mail magazine that there is chamomile oil in the sticks, which I am allergic to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was actually kind of impressed with this little stick. It took me a couple of techniques to figure out how to make it look naural, but now that I have the hang of it, I like it. It doesn't break out my insane skin, so that makes me want to kiss it. I put a streak on my face and blend out with my 190 brush, then go back over it with the 187. It's an extra step, but it helps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by tanni

Okay... I do like Benfit, BUT... their aim is not the ethnic people, it's for white people. That said, I'm of Asian background, and the undertones are too pink/not yellow enough. My mother is white, and this did look great on her... Just not me, though. But they are nice, as long as they match your skin. This stayed on for a good while on me (oily/normal) and my mother (dry/normal). They're $32, so definitly try them on *before* you buy them. (All over, as you would normaly wear your foundation, not just on your jaw line) One point off for lack of undertone variety, and another off for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

I purchased this product, along with "get even", "dandelion" and "benetint". I started using it on my T-zone and blended with a foundation brush. The next day, I broke out horribly and I still have red bumps all over my face. Beside the fact that it ruined my first day of class, it doesn't blend well and in a few hours it starts to cake up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by piratequeen

This is a good foundation which blends perfectly. I use this with a foundation brush for flawless coverage, and with my fingers for lighter coverage. At first, I was worried this broke me out. It has a very strong herbal smell, and I was immeadiately suspicious of it. However, I think the pimple I got after using the first time was just a fluke as I haven't had any problems since. I use Jax which is the lightest shade. It works well with my neutral skin tone, not too pink or yellow. However Benefit is a smaller line, and I can see how others could have problems finding the the right match with their limited selection. While I am happy with this foundation, I would probably not buy it again since Mac's stick foundation is a few dollars cheaper and doesn't have an annoying smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by surfrok9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after going from counter to counter looking for a foundation that would cover some of my imperfections and also for something that wouldn't look too cakey. I stumbled upon the playsticks and I have to admit I really like this foundation. It is not too heavy but covers well the redness of my face. I have rosacea and this actually does not irritate my skin or make it break out at all.I think it makes my face look dewy and for the most part it stays on all day long. (I only have somewhat of a problem when my nose gets too oily)Price wise I think it is a little pricey but I guess it's kinda worth it, this is my second time buying it. I love the faint smell of tea tree oil and the convenience of the tube. No spills or runny makeup. I am considering looking into other stick foundations that would be similar to this only because of the price of the playsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by madonna_medici

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i brought this as i was tired of having a million not so brilliant foundations and having to mix my own colors together.....i was brought this for xmas...but was able to use it on a night out this weekend..an i really love it...perfect coverage...excellant color...reallly natural and simply evens skin tone so nicely! :) its not a dewy foundation which i sometimes like..however it makes that up in so many different ways..i find its perfect if u use high beam on your cheekbones then a bronzer....gives a really nice look :)
i really recommend :)
xoxoxox

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Lucy_192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this today after reading the reviews on here. I love it!!! it immediatley has made my skin look flawless and it smells lovely aswell...definatley a brilliant foundation and concealer. The few zits that i have are covered and its nice to know that there are calming ingrediants in this foundation that could help clear your skin. sooooo good.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by blackangel

NEEDS MORE YELLOW. Im a black woman who takes NC45 in Studio fix. I bought this on a whim after running out of my beloved Becca cream foundation which I will never again stray from.... This seemed to match upon first look but when i blended it into my skin it didnt have enough yellow. It has too much pink undertones.

thumbs down from a brown person..