BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 4/2/2007 10:01:00 AM

I adore these things and have purchased both Jump Rope and Tea Party (depending on the season- ie tan or pale!) multiple times. Goes on SUPER smooth and soft, packaging is great and easy to apply- swipe on and blend in with finger. Coverage is nice (medium to heavy depending on how much used) and I really enjoy the green-tea scent. NOW, having said that, there are a couple of drawbacks for me which take a lippie away- 1 being that there isn't much product in the tube and at $30 a pop, buying a tube every 3 months or so got a little pricey for a college student like me- my remedy for that is using an Avon Dewey Souflee foundation all-over and dotting the Playsticks on for a concelear (sp?) and over red areas- does a really nice job at neutralizing those- also, for 2, I had a problem with the second tube that I purchased from a Benefit counter that it was not scented at all and felt a lot drier then my previous- instead of going to the mall, I emailed BeneFit and they were extreamly unhelpful in their reply, stating that I should send it directly to them because they wanted to see MY tube (instead of taking it back to the counter at the mall) and when I expressed that I didn't want to be PlayStick-less and asked what I would be getting in return, I was told they would send me a replacment tube when they got mine but they would NOT pay for my shipping my tube to them- why would I pay to ship mine to them if they were going to do nothing in return but replace it? Needless to say I kept it and used it up, not sure if it was old or what, worked fine just a little chalkier and not scented much, have bought another (fine) one since then. Whew- this was a long one!

on 3/29/2007 11:29:00 PM

Here is a funny story:

I bought a Play Stick in Jump Rope after one of the SAs talked me into it. I wore it once and thought it made my skin look gross and dry. A couple of months later, I was out of my regular foundation at the time (Mac studio fix), so I used Jump Rope as a backup. I ended up liking the way it looked on my skin and used it until there was nothing left in the tube (which is rare for me.) I was going to buy a replacement, but I have recently converted to wearing mineral foundation. If I outgrow my mineral foundation phase, I won't hesitate to buy another playstick.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i bought this because it was recommended to me by one of the benefit counter girls. i should have tried before i bought really because when i put this on it absolutely highlights any dry patches on my face and makes me look greasy in some parts and flaky in others. even though i'm not :| the coverage was nice enough, i would only recommend it to people who don't have too dry/greasy/combo skin.

This was average, at best. I'm sure I would have like it better if I could have found a shade that suited me. I did not like using a stick for my foundation, though- I just felt like it was a petri dish for bacteria.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I did not personally buy this myself, but my friend did, and I have tried it a few times. It's not absolutely horrible, but it's not great either. I have found it to be fairly challenging to apply evenly. I also find it too orange-y. My friend absolutely loves it, but honestly, it doesn't look so great on her because it doesn't blend nicely. I also think that the consistency of it actually brings attention to any bumps or imperfections on the face.

EDIT: I found out the major reason why it was so bad for me, and made my skin blotchy and whatnot. I read in the Benefi mail magazine that there is chamomile oil in the sticks, which I am allergic to.

on 3/1/2007 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was actually kind of impressed with this little stick. It took me a couple of techniques to figure out how to make it look naural, but now that I have the hang of it, I like it. It doesn't break out my insane skin, so that makes me want to kiss it. I put a streak on my face and blend out with my 190 brush, then go back over it with the 187. It's an extra step, but it helps.

on 2/1/2007 2:24:00 PM

Okay... I do like Benfit, BUT... their aim is not the ethnic people, it's for white people. That said, I'm of Asian background, and the undertones are too pink/not yellow enough. My mother is white, and this did look great on her... Just not me, though. But they are nice, as long as they match your skin. This stayed on for a good while on me (oily/normal) and my mother (dry/normal). They're $32, so definitly try them on *before* you buy them. (All over, as you would normaly wear your foundation, not just on your jaw line) One point off for lack of undertone variety, and another off for the price.

on 1/23/2007 4:50:00 PM

I purchased this product, along with "get even", "dandelion" and "benetint". I started using it on my T-zone and blended with a foundation brush. The next day, I broke out horribly and I still have red bumps all over my face. Beside the fact that it ruined my first day of class, it doesn't blend well and in a few hours it starts to cake up.

on 1/15/2007 5:34:00 PM

This is a good foundation which blends perfectly. I use this with a foundation brush for flawless coverage, and with my fingers for lighter coverage. At first, I was worried this broke me out. It has a very strong herbal smell, and I was immeadiately suspicious of it. However, I think the pimple I got after using the first time was just a fluke as I haven't had any problems since. I use Jax which is the lightest shade. It works well with my neutral skin tone, not too pink or yellow. However Benefit is a smaller line, and I can see how others could have problems finding the the right match with their limited selection. While I am happy with this foundation, I would probably not buy it again since Mac's stick foundation is a few dollars cheaper and doesn't have an annoying smell to it.

on 1/10/2007 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product after going from counter to counter looking for a foundation that would cover some of my imperfections and also for something that wouldn't look too cakey. I stumbled upon the playsticks and I have to admit I really like this foundation. It is not too heavy but covers well the redness of my face. I have rosacea and this actually does not irritate my skin or make it break out at all.I think it makes my face look dewy and for the most part it stays on all day long. (I only have somewhat of a problem when my nose gets too oily)Price wise I think it is a little pricey but I guess it's kinda worth it, this is my second time buying it. I love the faint smell of tea tree oil and the convenience of the tube. No spills or runny makeup. I am considering looking into other stick foundations that would be similar to this only because of the price of the playsticks.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products