October 24, 2014 | 935 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I'm reviewing the product that appears when you click on the review, in the lipstick shaped container. The one in the first pic in a tube, is a products I've never seen nor tried. I'm also reviewing this product as a facial concealer for areas of redness etc, not for the under eye area (have never tried it there). This works very well as a "spot" concealer. I swipe off a tiny amount then use that with a fine tipped brush to apply exactly where I need it. Once set with a powder its not going anywhere for a good long while. When applied with a fine brush the results are very, very natural. Those two reasons are why I have been using this for close to a year now.

I have a lot of concealers, including Dermablend which I used to hide various spots/discolorations, since college. The formula changed a few years ago and its now very creamy, sounds good but "very creamy" concealers do not stay where you put them, even with setting powders, in my opinion. Even when just concealing something minor, to take the time to apply cover-up, then look in the mirror and see those "flaws" again short time later, is very frustrating.

I hesitated to buy this because its so basic, a ds concealer in a lipstick shape, hello 1980?! But then I wanted something else that was water proof to replace Dermablend. The board here actually told me to try this. I had used it in H.S, thought very poorly of any ds lipstick shaped concealers simply because there are so many new formulations now, new brands. How good could this work when there have been so many advancements in makeup?

For me the answer is very well. I initially used the yellow, which is a pale, creamy, more a skin tone color than a primary yellow (as some yellows are), shade. I had a lot of red then, this covered that very well and looked natural. Now I use the medium, I also have the fair. The medium is a great ds find because many concealers are so light, even though I'm very fair, spot applying is obvious if you have used bronzer or self tanner at all.

I need to use so little that the stick has lasted me all this time and so much left. Again I have no idea how this looks under the eyes. I must add that my skin is so sensitive I am just recovering from a horrible allergic reaction to new sunglasses (yes, you heard me!). So much irritates my skin and sends me back to zero when I think my skin is finally "healed" from the last horror and finally looking clear, smooth again. This however, never causes me a bit of irritation. I'm currently using Graftobian foundation which leaves me with little to cover since it does that so well, but I still reach for this daily to cover one thing or another. A good work horse, alternative to higher priced, water resistant concealer, that looks natural when used sparingly to cover up redness/blemishes/discolorations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a couple tattoos that not everyone likes, especially when I model, so I needed something to cover them.

I tried everything in Sephora, Macy's, MAC, and finally decided to try something cheaper.

It was the only thing that covered in just a few strokes of the product. The only problem was removing it. It does take a long time to remove from my skin, but at least it works!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jonie_k

Cheap & great for touch-ups - I keep one at my desk.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jeckaa

Good for hiding blemishes.
Little tricky until you get use to applying.
Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is okey. It covers pretty good. I could probably find a concealer that covers even more but the reasons i keep coming back to this are that it's cheap and it lasts for a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like this product. It didn't cover up my dark circles at all, and when applied to my blemishes made them even more noticeable! It can be cakey, but with the smallest amount, its okay in covering up redness around the nose. Would not buy the coverstick again, as I like their liquid concealer's better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by simpleblueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does cover the redness of my scars, but it DOES make my scars more obvious up close.
As in, from afar, my skin may look a little natural but up close my scars look like its super dry and makes it seem like I have a lot of product on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by katelyn26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this product thinking it would be greatt for concealing around my nose, my bllemishes and under my eyes. I definitely works around my nose, conceals great :). but on blemishes it just looks cakey and feels gross. And when i put it under my eyes...omg it basically enhances the darkness and makes it look 10 times worse-bringing out the purple ness.
Also its not the creamiest concealer out there, but its okay/. Also my concealer was around 1 or 2 shades too light for me, but that was my fault :p

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You know I actually have been repurchasing this product for years, but I will not anymore! I just know there's better concealor out there. I have dry skin and purple circles under my eyes so it's a battle between having sheer coverage (can still see circles a little bit) or thick and cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by annetick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cheap, but you get what you pay for. I would have given this product one star, but I like the idea of using it as an eyeshadow base, so I gave it two.

When I use this under my eyes and it really doesn't do anything for me. I have dry-ish skin and when I put it on under my eyes, it makes the skin flake and turn an unattractive chalky color, even with heavy moisturizer. I tried warming it up between my fingers before applying and still got similar results. Not exactly what you want from a concealer.

I buy a mix of department store and drug store make up, but the more department store make up I buy, the more disappointed I am when I purchase a drug store brand. If you can afford better, get it, it's worth it. If you're too young to afford better, you probably don't need concealer anyway so don't worry about it!