July 31, 2014 | 1975 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by simpleblueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does cover the redness of my scars, but it DOES make my scars more obvious up close.
As in, from afar, my skin may look a little natural but up close my scars look like its super dry and makes it seem like I have a lot of product on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by katelyn26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this product thinking it would be greatt for concealing around my nose, my bllemishes and under my eyes. I definitely works around my nose, conceals great :). but on blemishes it just looks cakey and feels gross. And when i put it under my eyes...omg it basically enhances the darkness and makes it look 10 times worse-bringing out the purple ness.
Also its not the creamiest concealer out there, but its okay/. Also my concealer was around 1 or 2 shades too light for me, but that was my fault :p

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You know I actually have been repurchasing this product for years, but I will not anymore! I just know there's better concealor out there. I have dry skin and purple circles under my eyes so it's a battle between having sheer coverage (can still see circles a little bit) or thick and cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by annetick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cheap, but you get what you pay for. I would have given this product one star, but I like the idea of using it as an eyeshadow base, so I gave it two.

When I use this under my eyes and it really doesn't do anything for me. I have dry-ish skin and when I put it on under my eyes, it makes the skin flake and turn an unattractive chalky color, even with heavy moisturizer. I tried warming it up between my fingers before applying and still got similar results. Not exactly what you want from a concealer.

I buy a mix of department store and drug store make up, but the more department store make up I buy, the more disappointed I am when I purchase a drug store brand. If you can afford better, get it, it's worth it. If you're too young to afford better, you probably don't need concealer anyway so don't worry about it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by KnightKat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 'white' and I use it for an eyeshadow base ;-) when I want to do 'extreme eyeshadow looks' for photography mostly.The staying power is about 3-4hrs without a primer.With prime I've gone about 8+hrs. depends on the look and color of eyeshadow etc.I usually go this method: cheap drugstore foundation (NYC Color)that is thick,light powdering(Hard Candy's Welcome Matte),then cover stick lightly..this all takes a bit of blending & experimentation ;-)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Chocoaff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't like it that much. It covers redness/discoloration pretty well, is okay for undereye circles, but isn't very good for acne. The packaging isn't fantastic, it's flimsy and a bit messy. The product itself is a little waxy, though it does blend pretty well. The staying power is subpar. Overall, this has little going for it. I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was a disappointment - I applied it using a concealer brush (and even tried with my finger too to see if that made a difference) on the occasional blemish, but this product cakes onto the skin and ends up accentuating the spot you're trying to cover up. The coverage is also too sheer. If you want a good concealer, try Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector which is MUCH more effective at covering up blemishes and applies like a dream.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sherryrenee0423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this all the time in college but stopped bc it had no spf. Anyways I rediscovered it a few days ago and I want to kick myself for stopping lol. I buy the white stick bc I'm extremely pale (nw5-10). I use it under my eyes and to cover red acne scars etc. It works really well if you put a little in between your fingers to heat it up, then it's nice and creamy. This is one of two drugstore concealers I can use because I'm so white. The other is Neutrogena 3 in 1 for eyes. Now that I use shisiedo spf everyday I don't mind using a concealer that doesn't have spf.

I stopped using this as much as I used to again because I found another d/s concealer (Hard Candy Glamorflauge) that works better for the same price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this today in the mid-tone (light beige) and it is perfect for my skintone! It almost completely covers up my dark circles and completely covers any blemishes. I don't wear foundation, so I set with a loose translucent powder and it gives my face a fresh, even look!

I found it a little difficult to blend at first, but I heated it up a bit with my hairdryer and it seemed to blend fine after that!

Super convenient and easy to take everywhere as it comes in a little lipstick type tube.

Not too expensive for what you get, and overall great product!

I will definitely repurchase this :)

EDIT:

after wearing this several days running under my eyes, it dried them out really badly (even with an eye cream) and settled into my fine lines. I won't be using this on my undereyes again (or on spots as it dries them out and accentuates them) but it works well as an eyeshadow primer so I will try to get my money's worth by using it for that purpose. Best concealer for undereyes is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Perfector! Get that one instead!

ANOTHER EDIT:

Although this is terrible for undereyes, I have found that it does work alright for blemishes and works very well as an eye primer. For blemishes, I apply a tiny dot using a tiny brush directly on the blemish and then I pat with my finger until blended. It also works really well as an eye primer used on top of an eye cream or moisturizer :) One last thing, the way I fill in my eyebrows, I like to outline them (just outside the hair) with a concealer and then fill them in with powder for a perfect clean edge, and this works fantabulously for that! I use a tiny pencil brush to draw around my eyebrows, then I fill them in with powder, and finally blend with my finger. Perfect brows! yay! But I still wouldn't repurchase as other brands make the same thing for less money

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by louy

This is a decent concealer. Very creamy. It blends nicely and stays put fairly well. I use it on zits and it covers up most of the red.

I usually wear Mac concealer and I do feel that mac wears/sticks better; however, for the cost I would repurchase this.