Maybelline Cover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Too thick for dark circles,hard to blend,i prefer to use this as some kind of eyeshadow primer.Cap also comes off from time to time.

on 5/10/2011 3:57:00 AM

Ok girls, I think a makeup lesson is needed here. The best way to apply this concealer is with a damp sea sponge. Apply the concealer similar to drawing with a crayon on your skin around the eyes (gently). Then you get a sea sponge and wring it until it is just slightly damp. Blend concealer until you a lovely smooth effect. If you are concealing on the cheeks, I usually apply in the same manner and then dab and blend with my finger or a concealer brush to get the desired result. It also helps to first apply moisturiser before using this particular concealer as it is definitely one of the drier ones.

on 5/10/2011 3:47:00 AM

Thick, cakey, yellow, unblendable disaster. This is a cheap & nasty product if ever there was one.

Update: To the reviewer above me, it may shock you that the people who have reviewed this product do in fact *gasp* know how to apply concealer. And yeah, we still found it to be a substandard product. But good for you trying to teach all these lost souls the art of concealing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible product. Consistancy is like a candle, so hard to blend and looks thick and cakey. Will not be purchasing again :(

on 5/3/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best product for covering blemishes. Doesn't change color or fade. Last long time, even with my oily skin. Fair/light works well for me in winter time. I have yellow and pink under tones. My go to product for concealer.

on 4/25/2011 11:01:00 PM

I have the green one and I use it for my redness in my cheeks I got from acne. It does the job of taking the redness away, but it doesn't really do anything for my blemishes. I put this concealer after I put primer, before I put on my foundation. Then I use a separate concealer for the blemishes. Although this does not do its job of concealing, it does a pretty good job of taking the redness away. Just remember to use this product sparingly, a little goes a long way! The price is not bad either, and I haven't found a better color corrector thus far, so I'll keep buying this product for now.

on 4/23/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have horrible under eye circles. This is just another drug store concealer added to the junk pile that doesn't work. After trying orange and pink corrector, I thought I'd give the yellow corrector a try. It does not correct anything and looks horrible along or with concealer on top. Just don't buy this unless you have nothing to cover.

5/8/12 update: I just retried this over another concealer. The yellow is great at highlighting my darker areas. I'd barely use any on top of my other concealer. I just wouldn't use this alone. So I'm switching my over all to a 3 'cause some people could love this alone.

on 4/2/2011 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have dry skin and should have known to stray away from a thick stick concealer like this...I expected it to be at least a little more blendable and creamy, but it wasn't. It was impossible to blend no matter how I applied it. The color selection wasn't great either. I literally ended up chucking this in the trash because I was soo frustrated with it. Save your money, buy something more blendable and a little more hygienic.

on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this concealer once on sale in Light Beige. I didn't have huge expectations for it, because normally concealers in a stick form like this don't work for me. I usually need something creamier that blends better.
This doesn't work well for me as a concealer alone. I almost pitched it, but kept it around because I always think I'll have use for things later on. And I did :)
I use this stuff as my "concealer base" and it works awesome. Sounds over the top, but basically I apply this before concealer. This is way to light for me, and it doesn't blend well, but when I apply my darker, creamier concealer over it, it covers much better and stays on a lot longer. Like an eye shadow primer, but for the blemishes. Works well for those horrible pimples that are hard to cover.
Also, I have used this as a eye shadow base for those times when I run out of actually shadow primer. Works pretty well, and really makes colors pop.
I would purchase this again just because I've found so many little uses for it. It's pretty inexpensive, I think I got mine for around $3.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This concealer is ok, not great. It has decent coverage, but I have to reapply it several times a day, which is annoying. I bought the shade Light Beige, which was a bit too light for my skin. Also, it has a tendency to get cakey and settle into fine lines. I probably won't repurchase this.