April 21, 2014 | 1521 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by laylaanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mask. When I went into LUSH on vacation, there isn't one in the city I live in, I was going to buy Love Lettuce. However, when I smelled cupcake, I knew I was walking out with it. I really love what this mask did for my face, leaving my skin smooth and silky. Ultimately, I had to throw some of it away because my skin was looking so good I found it useless. I would recommend this to anyone interested.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this on the advice of the sales assistant. I thought it would be good for my very oily blackheady skin, and the exfoliation properties seemed more gentle than the Love Lettuce I tried on my hand as well. However, this just did not work for me. It didn't sting while using it, but a day after using it, I broke out worse than ever (complete pizza face). Perhaps it's the certain oils in it, I don't know.
I'm a bit disappointed as they have changed the packaging recently from the black solid jars to these flimsy clear plastic ones and it definitely had a lot less product in it for the same price. For NZ$15.90 I'd expect something a lot better but am really, really disappointed. Am probably going to use up the rest on underarms before shaving or something. Sticking to Trilogy mask. Won't buy Lush masks again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hannahjean55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Too much for my sensitive skin. Leaves it red and irritated. Will not use again. But I think this might work well for people who have acne/oily skin and can handle it. One bonus this smells so good I want to eat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by livewire_uk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best of the fresh face masks (depending on your skin type, of course!), it lasts the longest as well - even longer if you keep it in the fridge. It has a delicious scent - chocolate, mint, vanilla, and sandalwood. The scent lingers faintly for a while after cleansing - yummy! The rhassoul mud softens the skin and clears all the blackheads out, leaving you looking radiant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I could never say that this mask smells bad!!! To mee it's just like dark chocolate with peppermint and it gets me in a good mood just by applying it. But some people may have another taste...
My skin (always shining in the T-zone) feels smooth and dry - but dry in a good way - after using it.
The only thing i don't really like is the texture - because it is a little sticky and you have to use more product because it sticks on your fingers too. You also have to place the product not to slow on your face, because it dries very fast.
But once you know how to handle it, it's a great mask!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by ReijiGin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Admittedly I impulse bought this when I went in to buy Sugar Babe because it just smelled so tasty and I'm a sucker for masks. Anyone who thinks this mask smells bad is NUTS, this is a chocolate paste guys! It smells like delicious and sunshine! I wore it for ten minutes and it made me feel like I ate a box of Godiva. Mmmm.

I didn't expect it to really do much but I noticed afterward that it looked like it had cleared out my pores almost as well as Queen Helene's Mint Julep does, only without that overly dry I-just-sucked-all-the-oil-off-my-face feeling that Mint Julep leaves with me. My skin felt soft and nice and the couple of blemishes I have aren't red anymore.

The texture is pretty gritty so it's a little annoying to take on and off but the good thing is that you can take it off entirely with water and don't need a wash cloth. I have to delegate a wash cloth for Mint Julep because it won't come off with just water but it stains towels :/

Overall I really like it. The results are quite nice and wearing the mask itself is just so pleasant that I will definitely repurchase and use it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I've tried all the Lush masks they have out so far and this is probably one of my least favourites. It didn't feel as smooth as some of the other masks I tried from LUSH and it doesn't smell that great once you start applying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by annalea

Okay! So I am so happy I purchased this product.. I was almost turned off LUSH's face-mask's after trying Cosmetic Warrior (I couldn't stomach the garlic smell)... But this completely made me do a 180 on my opinion of Lush's face-mask's.
This mask is extremely relaxing and refreshing (chocolate and mint). I enjoyed putting it on my face and indulging in the extreme chocolate scent.
I didn't find it made a Huge difference in my skin, but it did make it feel clean and made me feel relaxed, which is good enough for me.
I have a daily skin care routine which keep's my skin in top-shape, so when I'm looking for a face mask my #1 concern is enjoyment. And this delivers 110%!!

There are a few other mask's I want to try out at LUSH and I only ever buy one at a time because they expire (which is my biggest complaint about LUSH... although I lcan't complain too much, because at least they are fresh and natural!) and I will only ever go through one at a time, But I am so excited to re-purchase this product again! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an ok mask. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to do, but it smells really delicious :-). I use it when I just want to feel pampered. Would buy again just because it smells so good :-).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by LisaOrestea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most disgusting smelling product I have ever used.

I can't comment on its long term effects because I literally just took it off, but my god, that was the most horrible 10 minutes of my life.

My skin still smells of it :( Really really really nasty.