October 1, 2014 | 1124 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Yes, it smells nice. No, it does not make me want to eat it (it's just not THAT nice). Does it do wonders for the skintypes said?

Nah, personally, I don't think so. 'Cause despite what some people say, I find that it isn't suitable for acne-prone skin at all. Since this skintype is usually very sensitive, Cupcake is way too strong. It's more likely to cause irritation than help soothing over-productive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by aplend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ive tried two lush face masks, this one and cosmetic warrior. both were recommended for acne prone skin. i tried this one second, i had realllly high hopes for it because of great reviews but it just did not wow me. i was so excited to have a chocolate smelling mask but i hated the smell, and did not like when you wash it off and it feels like you're rubbing brownie chunks (seriously) into your face, rather than a nice exfoliator. i dont think it did anything for acne either.
recommend cosmetic warrior to those of you with acne prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this but it didn't work for me. I tried the Brazened Honey mask and had better results. Cupcake was too dry for me and I woke up with two nasty zits the next day :-( It smells good but that is about it. My boyfriend used the rest of it on his back for a scrub in the shower, so it wasn't a total waste!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Now, I haven't used this mask for very long...I bought it yesterday and have used it only once but I still feel that I have to leave a review. Along with acne, I also (from time to time) get these tiny pimples with white heads around my nose. I started using Fresh Farmacy and it helped with those somewhat. However, one use of this mask has helped me get rid of these tiny white heads. I used cupcake last night and woke up this morning with smooth, soft skin without any breakouts and small white headed pimples. I will continue to use cupcake and update.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I finished the entire container of cupcake and I must say that I really liked it. It really helped make my pimples smaller but also helped to calm my skin down. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by GiveMeChocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product so much!
First, let me describe my skin type. My skin is oily in summer, combination in winter. It's also VERY acne prone, I have a lot of scarring and patches due to this and visible pores on my nose.
This is the fifth or so time I've used this mask and I can't explain how amazing it makes my skin look. It just seems to improve the overall texture of it. I applied it last night and all my spots have significantly faded and my skin looks lovely and even. Today I only had to wear powder instead of my usual heavy coverage foundation.
If you have oily or acne prone skin I'd definately reccomend giving this a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by laylaanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mask. When I went into LUSH on vacation, there isn't one in the city I live in, I was going to buy Love Lettuce. However, when I smelled cupcake, I knew I was walking out with it. I really love what this mask did for my face, leaving my skin smooth and silky. Ultimately, I had to throw some of it away because my skin was looking so good I found it useless. I would recommend this to anyone interested.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this on the advice of the sales assistant. I thought it would be good for my very oily blackheady skin, and the exfoliation properties seemed more gentle than the Love Lettuce I tried on my hand as well. However, this just did not work for me. It didn't sting while using it, but a day after using it, I broke out worse than ever (complete pizza face). Perhaps it's the certain oils in it, I don't know.
I'm a bit disappointed as they have changed the packaging recently from the black solid jars to these flimsy clear plastic ones and it definitely had a lot less product in it for the same price. For NZ$15.90 I'd expect something a lot better but am really, really disappointed. Am probably going to use up the rest on underarms before shaving or something. Sticking to Trilogy mask. Won't buy Lush masks again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hannahjean55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Too much for my sensitive skin. Leaves it red and irritated. Will not use again. But I think this might work well for people who have acne/oily skin and can handle it. One bonus this smells so good I want to eat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by livewire_uk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best of the fresh face masks (depending on your skin type, of course!), it lasts the longest as well - even longer if you keep it in the fridge. It has a delicious scent - chocolate, mint, vanilla, and sandalwood. The scent lingers faintly for a while after cleansing - yummy! The rhassoul mud softens the skin and clears all the blackheads out, leaving you looking radiant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I could never say that this mask smells bad!!! To mee it's just like dark chocolate with peppermint and it gets me in a good mood just by applying it. But some people may have another taste...
My skin (always shining in the T-zone) feels smooth and dry - but dry in a good way - after using it.
The only thing i don't really like is the texture - because it is a little sticky and you have to use more product because it sticks on your fingers too. You also have to place the product not to slow on your face, because it dries very fast.
But once you know how to handle it, it's a great mask!